closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos 39 bracelet fit

Tudor Pelagos 39 bracelet fit

Can't get a proper fit even with the T-fit clasp on the Pelagos 39. Got it extended to the outermost setting and still slightly too snug but wearable. Any more wrist expansion would be uncomfortable.

Adding an extra link with setting at the shorter end and its too loose. Had the same problem with the Tudor chrono and the Black Bay 58 bracelets, although the half link from Uncle Seiko solved the problem for the BB58. Maybe it's just my wrist.

Got it back on the rubber strap for now.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Master
    That’s a shame I’m expecting 5 2mm adjustment positions to be fine. I had the same issue with my 58 and had another hole added to the clasp. The clasp on the Pelagos 39 does look massive. Unnecessarily so. They could have forgone the divers extension to make it more wearable.

Intend to wear my watches slightly loose so fingers crossed!

Master
    It looks like the clasp isn't centred either.
    I have the same sizing issue with my Pelagos. It was fine when I bought it, then lost over 2 1/2 stone, took a link out and now just too tight with a warm wrist, put it back in and it's too loose. As it's been away for over 2 months, it may fit better by the time it gets back from Tudor. A half link would make a perfect fit easily achievable.
    My lad bought a couple of Uncle Seiko half links for his BB and they look indistinguishable from OEM and it now fits perfectly.
    My Steinhart came with 2 half links for a perfect fit, and that's a watch costing less than a fifth of the Pelagos.
    Why oh why will Tudor not supply a half link? For an expensive Swiss watch it is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    It looks like the clasp isn't centred either.
    The clasp is centred, its just the angle of the shot

Master
    Blog Entries
    That clasp looks very chunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    That clasp looks very chunky.
    It is, covers nearly the full width of my wrist. Luckily everything is titanium so it's very light.

What size is your wrist OP? That clasp looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    What size is your wrist OP? That clasp looks ridiculous.
    16.5cm more round than flat

Sent from my ASUS_AI2202 using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m looking forward to getting mine. I couldn’t get a good fit with my BB GMT, either 58 or my blue Pelagos. I’m hoping this is a winner. I love the looks and will provide some thoughts when I get mine.

Honestly I think this clasp/bracelet is just too big for your wrist size. No amount of adjustability is going to fix the clasp covering your entire wrist. Better off keeping it on the rubber, maybe see if you can sell off the bracelet and drive down the cost of your Pelagos

I think photos of watches in regard to size can be very deceiving. That clasp looks very long but surely it isn’t that big irl?
    My own BB58 - on my rather large wrists - is either a tiny bit tight or a tiny bit loose, but every watch I’ve ever owned has been like that, so I wear it slightly loose to allow for expansion and to prevent it feeling tight on a warm day. I think a watch that fit me perfectly would actually be too tight. Does that make sense? - I don’t like it when the watch effectively sticks to your wrist and leaves an imprint. For that reason I don’t really understand and have never bothered to use the comfort link on a Rolex for example. Just settle on a slightly loose fit - one micro clasp beyond ‘the best fit’ and job done surely?!? - some days it will fit ‘perfectly’ and on a cold day it might move slightly. As long as the bracelet (viewed off the wrist) hangs evenly on each side between the actual ends of the clasp (including the folded bit that often extends under a couple of links and the watch head so it centres in your wrist then you’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a more straight on picture of the clasp on my wrist. The angle of the previous shot made it look a lot worse than it actually is.

As it is, it just fits fine. It's snug but not uncomfortably so.

As for adding an extra link and moving the fit smaller it's way too loose in that the watch just flops around to much and no amount of wrist expansion will compensate.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Have you tried removing the divers extension altogether? I find this helps me with both the 39 and other Sea-Dwellers

Craftsman
    You need to drill additional set of holes to the clasp. A competent watchmaker will be able to do it.

Master
    I had a look at removing the divers extension link, but couldn't work out how to do it the Pelagos. If the '39 bracelet is the same, I'd be interested if anyone has managed it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    I had a look at removing the divers extension link, but couldn't work out how to do it the Pelagos. If the '39 bracelet is the same, I'd be interested if anyone has managed it.
    Me too! It will be pointless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ollipekka View Post
    You need to drill additional set of holes to the clasp. A competent watchmaker will be able to do it.
    The T-fit clasp on this particular bracelet is similar to the Rolex glidelock system so there's no holes.

Tudor Pelagos 39 bracelet fit

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I think photos of watches in regard to size can be very deceiving. That clasp looks very long but surely it isn’t that big irl?
    My own BB58 - on my rather large wrists - is either a tiny bit tight or a tiny bit loose, but every watch I’ve ever owned has been like that, so I wear it slightly loose to allow for expansion and to prevent it feeling tight on a warm day. I think a watch that fit me perfectly would actually be too tight. Does that make sense? - I don’t like it when the watch effectively sticks to your wrist and leaves an imprint. For that reason I don’t really understand and have never bothered to use the comfort link on a Rolex for example. Just settle on a slightly loose fit - one micro clasp beyond ‘the best fit’ and job done surely?!? - some days it will fit ‘perfectly’ and on a cold day it might move slightly. As long as the bracelet (viewed off the wrist) hangs evenly on each side between the actual ends of the clasp (including the folded bit that often extends under a couple of links and the watch head so it centres in your wrist then you’ll be fine

I think part of the equation is how much your wrist swells when warm

E.g. Are you a grower or a shower?

I’ve just checked on mine and can confirm sadly the diver extension is not removable. Unlike the DSSD and SD4K it’s all integrated with the glidelock.

Master
    2022, planet Earth.

No manufacture is able to make bracelet with an analog setting of lenght (stepless)

Mindblowing.

A few days ago a new topic was opened, whether mechanical watches can be improved...

Well,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    I’ve just checked on mine and can confirm sadly the diver extension is not removable. Unlike the DSSD and SD4K it’s all integrated with the glidelock.
    That was the conclusion I've come to as well, which is a pity as I doubt I'll ever use it and it looked like it might have given a bit of adjustment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    2022, planet Earth.

No manufacture is able to make bracelet with an analog setting of lenght (stepless)

Mindblowing.

A few days ago a new topic was opened, whether mechanical watches can be improved...

Well,
    Best clasp and bracelet remains the IWC/GO/ lange one who all use the same company who produce it.

Journeyman
    I'm still hoping the BB58 is going to get this clasp minus the divers extension. The Pelagos clasp does seem long, but given the divers extension, I guess it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrickashaw View Post
    I'm still hoping the BB58 is going to get this clasp minus the divers extension. The Pelagos clasp does seem long, but given the divers extension, I guess it makes sense.
    Weren't folk saying the Ranger bracelet with the T clasp fit the BB58? So I guess if you can buy a Ranger bracelet you essentially can get what you're looking for.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Weren't folk saying the Ranger bracelet with the T clasp fit the BB58? So I guess if you can buy a Ranger bracelet you essentially can get what you're looking for.
    Yes, and the Bronze BB58 has the t-fit already. Not sure what is stopping Tudor from upgrading it now, unless they plan to make more significant changes to the BB58 in 2023.

Master
    A bit of a thread resurrection, but I was browsing the Unlimited straps website and they now do a half link for the 39mm Pelagos;
    https://unlimitedstraps.com/collecti...r-pelagos-39mm
    The pricing seems a bit bizarre as the 42mm is £32.