closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: US saving 30% of Rolex by buying in UK?

Craftsman

US saving 30% of Rolex by buying in UK?

Just watched this Frederico talks watches YT video. He normally tells it like it is.

He talks about how US citizens can save 30% of Rolex watches if they buy from UK due to weak pound and tax savings.

https://youtu.be/sqt9kIx-Xl8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, but how are they finding them in UK? Unless they buy at greys and use the saving to reduce that outlay.

That’s were his master plan stumbles, rushing to cross the pond to view exhibition pieces might not be to the average US watch buyers taste.

Red face

"click bait"!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That’s were his master plan stumbles, rushing to cross the pond to view exhibition pieces might not be to the average US watch buyers taste.
    Now that would put an amusing spin on it 😆

Master
    And this was happening not that many years ago as they could claim the tax back and it was one of the reasons why Rolex prices were supposed to have gone up in the UK. Lots of overseas buyers from Asia as well all getting tax refunds.

Difference is now there’s diddly squat stock available so flying over to save 30% of nothing saves them nothing. Oh and the cost of the flight.

Journeyman
    No chance for people like me lol. Maybe high rollers with established purchasing histories but I doubt someone like me can email a British AD for any Rolex I want.

Master
    Think he’s talking about preowned market on UK c24

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    In that case 30% off a markup price is not as big of a deal as it sounds lol

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Depends on the margin scheme if any VAT is present to be reclaimed by the overseas purchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    And this was happening not that many years ago as they could claim the tax back and it was one of the reasons why Rolex prices were supposed to have gone up in the UK. Lots of overseas buyers from Asia as well all getting tax refunds.

Difference is now there’s diddly squat stock available so flying over to save 30% of nothing saves them nothing. Oh and the cost of the flight.
    Why would Rolex be remotely interested in buyers reclaiming VAT?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Why would Rolex be remotely interested in buyers reclaiming VAT?
    Sorry Tony I meant it contributed towards Rolex grey prices going up as a lot of overseas travellers were buying AD stock which contributed towards a shortage in supply, hence pushing up prices from dealers.

In the papers today (Times I think) there’s an article about more Americans coming over as the dollar is so strong and it implies that they spend around 3x the amount that UK people spend on holiday domestically.

Mate of mine sold his new Explorer II to a US customer, he purchased it through an online auction site, flew over, came to his house and paid via BACS, this was pre pound crash..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Sorry Tony I meant it contributed towards Rolex grey prices going up as a lot of overseas travellers were buying AD stock which contributed towards a shortage in supply, hence pushing up prices from dealers.

In the papers today (Times I think) there’s an article about more Americans coming over as the dollar is so strong and it implies that they spend around 3x the amount that UK people spend on holiday domestically.
    Is it not the norm for people in the US to have only two weeks paid vacation (see what I did there?) In a year? Would understand why you would indulge more during that time than someone who has several weeks.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk