closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do NOT travel from or through Schiphol!

Blog Entries
    Suggest everyone gives Düsseldorf a swerve…. Totally knackered

Got bumped by 12 hours for my flight….

Barely any staff on bag drop with huge queues I am currently in a biblically long security queue (2+ hours)

The Germans are efficient? Pfft
    Last edited by Wolfie; 23rd September 2022 at 16:24.

Blog Entries
    The queues at Schiphol are back since Sept. 1st. The additional salary raise during the holiday months has ended and the security is back where they started; the bare minimum. Schiphol's CEO is gone (he was asked to leave...) and what's left of the company's directors is not willing to raise the salary again. Someone here in the Netherlands had calculated that a 50% pay raise = 0.71 euro cent per ticket!

Lot's of flights are cancelled and Schiphol is paying a 'fine' to the airways for cancelling the flights. Lots here ask themselves: "Why not spend it on a better salary for security!?"

Latest news is that Schiphol announced 'No more queues' starting next Monday. We 'll have to see it before we can believe it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The queues at Schiphol are back since Sept. 1st. The additional salary raise during the holiday months has ended and the security is back where they started; the bare minimum. Schiphol's CEO is gone (he was asked to leave...) and what's left of the company's directors is not willing to raise the salary again. Someone here in the Netherlands had calculated that a 50% pay raise = 0.71 euro cent per ticket!

Lot's of flights are cancelled and Schiphol is paying a 'fine' to the airways for cancelling the flights. Lots here ask themselves: "Why not spend it on a better salary for security!?"

Latest news is that Schiphol announced 'No more queues' starting next Monday. We 'll have to see it before we can believe it.
    They had 3 security gates open with a mile long queues…. Another 8 or 9 were not staffed…. Not missing flights for 71c sounds like reasonable value…. It’s unforgivable

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

I am back through in 12 days time.............

Watch this space.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I am back through in 12 days time.............

Watch this space.
    My neighbours went on holiday to Greece today. 6hrs in line for a 3.5 hr flight. They didn't have that excited 'I'm going on a holiday' feeling, when we spoke yesterday.

My wife's 3 month sabbatical is over at the end of this month. On the program is a trip to Chicago in October and a few weeks later a trip to Denver. At first, I suggested that she should try Duesseldorf. But after reading today's posting... Well, perhaps Bruxelles works better.
    Last edited by thieuster; 23rd September 2022 at 20:41.

Master
    I said it before. I pass Schiphol 4 days a week. Telling you I haven’t seen it this crowed ever. It’s extemely busy.

Just been to Amsterdam for work, back tonight . In Wednesday night no problems with hand luggage , 5 min line to get my passport stamped . Just gone through now to gate , no luggage meant I skipped a big queue for check in, but security was 5 minutes . So all good as long as flight takes off :) landing on the way in was interesting , massive turbulence on our first approach and pilot forced to go around , quite a lot of worried faces , but next time around was much smoother ..

Well, came back through on Thursday - reasonably stress free (we were on a connection though).

Different issue, KLM cancelled our AM flight back to the UK though - ended up on the 16.40 flight instead (7 hours later than planned).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not realising the trains were cancelled was not good, southern I thought was not striking but seems today they were all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeo View Post
    Not realising the trains were cancelled was not good, southern I thought was not striking but seems today they were all messed up
    This could be why you didn’t have to queue on departure.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Used Schipol this week. Arrival was very easy, breezed through passport control. I had an early morning departure and security and border controls took about 50 minutes.