closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Formula 1 2019

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Well, we all saw just how well they managed their relationship with Renault last season ;)
    Had Renault's engine lived up to its expectations (as aired by Renault), then RB would not have had any reason to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Had Renault's engine lived up to its expectations (as aired by Renault), then RB would not have had any reason to complain.
    Not really, Renault consistently blamed the Red Bull installation, with the back end being to tight fir correct airflow, obviously none of us actually know the truth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Not really, Renault consistently blamed the Red Bull installation, with the back end being to tight fir correct airflow, obviously none of us actually know the truth.
    Whatever it was on was not; RB were the fastest with that engine thus undeniably doing the best job of the bunch with it.

Very good to see that the Renault team seems to have a better package this year.

As to Honda BP, I do not get it either. Honda have a long history of abandoning not quite right designs and start anew.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    RB was having a difficult relationship with Renault even when they were world champions
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Unless Honda and Red Bull have a fruitful relationship it's not difficult to imagine Horner putting the boot in at some point. As many of you may be aware I'm a huge fan of Ricciardo, the way he both drives and conducts himself, and these recent comments from his old boss just reinforce my belief that CH (and, quite possibly, Helmut Marko) are incapable of reflection.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...fight/4345151/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My Club Silverstone tickets arrived this morning... just 130 days to FP1

The fastest lap point is complete folly. It should only be about who wins. It frustrates me seeing a someone running around in a lowly position only for them to put together a hot lap towards the end of the GP. It just makes me think why didn't you put in some laps like that earlier and you could now be challenging for the lead. I know not all teams have cars offering great race pace, but it still bugs me none-the-less.

Call me old fashioned but I'd still rather we lost downforce to allow closer action on track and increased mechanical grip. I don't know how it can be achieved but if the racing line become less critical it should allow more overtaking opportunities, maybe reducing downforce and upping grip would help in that regards; but I guess the racing line will always be the racing line and the fastest way to lap a track, a shame really.

Maybe reintroducing manual gears would help, it was always great to see Mansell et all missing a gear or being caught in the wrong gear, it added to the overtaking thrills, but sadly that would be a technological retrograde too far and F1 as the pinnacle of Motorsport should push technologies and development.

Why do you all think it will be a back marker that sets the fastest lap? I think it will be one of the guys at the front who normally manage their pace towards the end of the race. I also think it will be set during the last two or three laps of the race (rather like Q3, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Why do you all think it will be a back marker that sets the fastest lap? I think it will be one of the guys at the front who normally manage their pace towards the end of the race. I also think it will be set during the last two or three laps of the race (rather like Q3, I guess).
    In much the same way as Vettel used to do when driving for Red Bull; he would often put in a couple of flat out laps at the end of the race to ensure he had fastest lap, even though he was winning by a decent margin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Stands to reason.

Óbviously it is an emergency measure. A patch on the real issues. I will not make much of a difference not add much excitement and if anything it highlights the desperate times of bóóóring ´races´.
    Nevertheless it does show that management is aware. Maybe a next step will actualy chánge something.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I'd still rather we lost downforce to allow closer action on track and increased mechanical grip. I don't know how it can be achieved but if the racing line become less critical it should allow more overtaking opportunities, maybe reducing downforce and upping grip would help in that regards; but I guess the racing line will always be the racing line and the fastest way to lap a track, a shame really.

I have said this before, Reducing down force as a number is a meaningless headline for the commentators, as downforce will equal drag and wake. all hey need do is quantify the maximum wake, how the teams get to this should be left completely open.