closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Aquis Date vs Longines Hydrocoquest 2018

Journeyman

Oris Aquis Date vs Longines Hydrocoquest 2018

hey guys i am torn between these two watches ..as some of you might have both watches which one should i get thanks

Master
    There is nothing between them other than which style you prefer.
    Personally I like the Oris a bit better, but I've had both (2016 Longines and Oris) and can't fault either one.

The Oris is a bit heavier on the wrist so maybe I would recommend the Longines for a slim wrist, otherwise there's nothing in it, buy what you like the look of.

What kevkojak said. For myself I prefer the Oris as the company is not part of a group.

I like them both, but I've had a Hydroconquest for about 7 years and I still enjoy wearing it.

Mine is blue dial and bezel and, personally, I think that works better than the blue dial/black bezel on the Oris, but if you're going black/black, it's less of an issue.

I'd happily buy an HC if I was looking today, but as others have said, it'll come down to personal choice as there's not much between them really.

M.

The HC would be my choice
    Pretty sure they do a red bezel that I like

They flip well on here too normally where as Oris are t so favoured it seems to me?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Oris all day long. The hydroconquest crown is bloody uncomfortable.

Master
    I have the Hydroconquest, 39mm, 6 3/4" wrist and have no problems with the crown. I bought it with the black dial and red bezel as a holiday watch with a bit of colour, but in the end I had a black bezel put on it and wear it much more now.
    Never had an Oris, but liked the 65 very much when I tried one on.

Craftsman
    Oris 👍

Craftsman
    Oris - looks cleaner. HC dial looks cluttered - made worse by minute markers all around the bezel.

Master
    Another vote for Oris

Had both, Longines HG chronograph and Oris Aquis.
    Oris for me every time

Master
    If you have a big wrist then a harder decision. If smaller, longines.

But both are great value esp used.

Oris is at least 70% higher rrp so not a like for like comparison.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    If you have a big wrist then a harder decision. If smaller, longines.

But both are great value esp used.

Oris is at least 70% higher rrp so not a like for like comparison.

Not compared to the new version of the HC, which I guess is what he has in mind.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 1st March 2019 at 08:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Is it bigger/ dearer?

Journeyman
    Own an Oris, only handled the longines so cant comment on the latter but the Oris just does it for me.

Aesthetics is a big win for me over the longines. I'd say the oris is one of the best bracelets in this price point by some distance, its an absolute brute of a watch, often my daily wear, as you can tell I love it!

Journeyman
    Thanks for all the comments guys looks like i am leaning towards the oris i would like the blue dial one ...i will go to a shop and handle both watches and decide the one i will get ..
    How do the automatic movements in both compare ?

Ive had the HC and really liked it, that was back in 2015 or so. I would maybe have bought the Aquis but it was almost twice price. Have you thought of a Longines LLD, I've had one of those too a lovely finish to the dial and case and the domed crystal.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    Ive had the HC and really liked it, that was back in 2015 or so. I would maybe have bought the Aquis but it was almost twice price. Have you thought of a Longines LLD, I've had one of those too a lovely finish to the dial and case and the domed crystal.
    I have seen that i dont really like the watch

I’ve had both watches, and while I liked the look of the HC, the bracelet fit was awful. Side by side personally I think the Oris is superior, but it is a brute of a watch.
    Buy secondhand for a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Is it bigger/ dearer?

Bigger, dearer, ceramic bezel.

If he's looking at the older model then there is a bigger difference in price.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Actually i am looking at the newer HC model with the ceramic bezel ...i got some goldsmith vouchers to spend ..i would have bought the oris secondhand

Oris 👍

Journeyman

Oris Aquis Date vs Longines Hydrocoquest 2018

I have the Oris (pre 2017 facelift). I tried both on and the Oriswas leagues ahead imho, especially the bracelet which is beautiful. Ceramic bezel as well. But you can pick the longines up in quartz very reasonably if budget is an issue

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I would say Oris.
    I may be slightly biased as I recently traded this one on sales corner. I am well impressed with quality and on the rubber it is very comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Thanks for the comments oris it is

Master
    The latest looking Longine I think looks very tasteful and maybe a bit less busy than previous models. I suppose on a negative it may feel it’s blending a bit into modern Seamaster ceramics but then they are excellent. I note that AP have decided to pinch Longines big 12 applied font for their Chronographs knocking in at £37500. So some flattery for Longine I’d say.
    My main issue, I’m a real Lume Junky on sports watches. I gather the Lume wasn’t up to much on previous HC’s? that’s the main put off if still not fixed.
    The bit about Oris Being independent is great but you know of course Longine being part of Swatch minimises any servicing issues in future imo . Longine from what I read also have good customer service
    Last edited by Mark lowman; 10th March 2019 at 11:12.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    The latest looking Longine I think looks very tasteful and maybe a bit less busy than previous models. I suppose on a negative it may feel it’s blending a bit into modern Seamaster ceramics but then they are excellent. I note that AP have decided to pinch Longines big 12 applied font for their Chronographs knocking in at £37500. So some flattery for Longine I’d say.
    My main issue, I’m a real Lume Junky on sports watches. I gather the Lume wasn’t up to much on previous HC’s? that’s the main put off if still not fixed.
    The bit about Oris Being independent is great but you know of course Longine being part of Swatch minimises any servicing issues in future imo . Longine from what I read also have good customer service
    I had the old Longines the lume on that was rubbish ..the new longines looks more what i like but i am going to a shop and will compare both finish wise and check out the lume ..i am not sure of the selita automatic in the oris ..The swatch group seems to have locked down the market.

Journeyman
    Hi guys i headed to to the jewellers to get the the Oris Aquis date when i saw and held the watch it was a beast!! quite heavy and bold on the wrist ..i liked the bracelet quite comfortable the dial was very good as well it was the blue vesrion .
    Then i asked to see the Longines Hydroconquest 2018 41mm version and when i saw it i immediately loved it i liked the blue dial version better than the black dial it has a nice shimmer to the dial ...i also liked the simplicity of the dial and the snowflake hands plus the ceramic bezel makes it stand out great watch this will be a top seller for Longines .
    I can confirm the lume on this is very good nice and bright definitely better than the older version ..Not seiko level lume but bright

Last edited by goody; 15th March 2019 at 17:21.