closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any console gamers on here???

Any console gamers on here???

So anyone on here thinking about which next gen console you are looking to get when they are released?

I'm not sure which to go for tbh...

Sony Playstation 5 or the Microsoft Xbox Series X???

What sort of games do you like? if you cant live without the Sony exclusives then go for the PS5.

If like me you love the value of games pass ultimate (getting EA play added for free soon as well) and love dipping in and out of loads of different games every month, then go for the Xbox.
    If you dont have a 4k TV then save yourself a few quid and get the Xbox series S. £20.99 a month for 24 months including game pass ultimate is such a stupidly good deal that i dont see how Sony can compete.

Depends on what you like to play though IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    What sort of games do you like? if you cant live without the Sony exclusives then go for the PS5.

If like me you love the value of games pass ultimate (getting EA play added for free soon as well) and love dipping in and out of loads of different games every month, then go for the Xbox.
    If you dont have a 4k TV then save yourself a few quid and get the Xbox series S. £20.99 a month for 24 months including game pass ultimate is such a stupidly good deal that i dont see how Sony can compete.

Depends on what you like to play though IMO.
    I have the x box one currently and a 4K tv, always liked the GOW and Halo series on X box, although I’ve had nearly all the PS models as well...

Don’t really play online more of a campaign man and my daughter has literally just discovered x box this weekend lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really been into gaming but bought an Xbox just before lockdown and like it a lot. Only play COD (not Warzone) despite having a few games. Will wait for reviews but probably get the PS5 to see what it's like on the other side.

wont be getting the new ones for a couple of years because the price of used games and the consoles will be too expensive in that period as always.

Plus the 1st generation of the consoles will be later improved in reliability and power saving as usual.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Between the kids and I, BOTW on Switch has been continuously in use since release. Nowadays it’s less like a game and more like a place to go for a relaxing walk or a well loved song. Games are more expensive, but some games more than justify that in depth and artistic merit. We have xbox and a decent gaming rig, but it’s the Switch that we are wearing out.

For me VR is the future so it’s a bit of a shame there is no Xbox VR. I’ll see what improvements come with PS5VR but if that looks like taking a couple of years I may just go with a gaming PC.

There’s whispering’s the PS5 is the more powerful unit and will be cheaper than the X-Box???

Always been on the Playstation. As mentioned, probably won't get a new console right away as the improved version is usually better value. However if I had to choose now it'll probably be the PS5 for me as more exclusive titles and so far it sounds like it'll be the more powerful console.

For now I'll keep playing COD Warzone for free.

I wont be getting the new one for a few years, i've not even got an XBox one yet, still on the 360. My lad has a One S and i want a One X for myself, but there's none available anywhere and i read they've stopped making the X and digital only versions gearing up for the X series. For me it's all about backwards compatibility, have lots of 360 games, so got my lad a One S, when we eventually get the new one, we'll have lots of Xbox one game, so it will be X series over the PS5

Master
    If Halo Infinite was coming out on release I'd have gone for one as I mainly game on Xbox over PS since the PS2 days .

There are no exclusives I have any other interest in on either platform so I suspect I won't bother with either on release.

Master
    Having been on Xbox since the start I'll be getting a Series X. I have Gamepass Ultimate until late 2022 anyway due to the conversion rate I got. Think it cost me £85 for 36 months. The Series S looks a really good option for a lot of people and I imagine it will sell a bundle. Not bothered about PS5 as I don't have time to play multiple consoles. Though their SP games have been really good the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Having been on Xbox since the start I'll be getting a Series X. I have Gamepass Ultimate until late 2022 anyway due to the conversion rate I got. Think it cost me £85 for 36 months. The Series S looks a really good option for a lot of people and I imagine it will sell a bundle. Not bothered about PS5 as I don't have time to play multiple consoles. Though their SP games have been really good the last few years.
    Problem with the series S, it's got no disc drive, so no playing your old hard copy games or buying cheap used ones from Cex or similar. It would be nice if there was some way to trade in a hard copy for a digital version, then i'd be happy with a digital only console.

I’m a gamer across all platforms. Some of the Sony exclusives are great, but the Xbox offering on GamePass (which will have EA Vault soon) is just amazing value.

I suspect Sony are reeling from the Xbox price announcements and will probably alter to be competitive (strong rumours were that their planned prices were over £100 more).

Of all my machines, the Xbox and PC get all the time, Xbox Play Anywhere is amazing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Problem with the series S, it's got no disc drive, so no playing your old hard copy games or buying cheap used ones from Cex or similar. It would be nice if there was some way to trade in a hard copy for a digital version, then i'd be happy with a digital only console.
    I've been all digital this generation anyway. Mostly I've been able to get games dirt cheap from abroad like HK, Singapore, Russia and Argentina. Though sadly not like it was now.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Between the kids and I, BOTW on Switch has been continuously in use since release. Nowadays it’s less like a game and more like a place to go for a relaxing walk or a well loved song. Games are more expensive, but some games more than justify that in depth and artistic merit. We have xbox and a decent gaming rig, but it’s the Switch that we are wearing out.
    I can highly recommend Animal Crossing on Switch as well btw

Ps4 for me. Sniper Elite 4 and Zombie Army 4. Just loads of fun and carnage lol.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Decided to go for the PS5 disc version, I can use it for blu rays etc etc, snagged one from Amazon before they went out of stock...

Master
    I'm usually an early adopter but at the moment I have such a huge backlog of games for the PS4 that I am endeavoured to finish them before getting a PS5. I'll be going for the disc version; I have been gaming since the 80's and still value physical media.

New Quest announced for release on 13 October. The improvements look significant...unfortunately I bought a Quest about 3 months ago 🙄😩

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    wont be getting the new ones for a couple of years because the price of used games and the consoles will be too expensive in that period as always.

Plus the 1st generation of the consoles will be later improved in reliability and power saving as usual.
    I believe one of the very good things about the new Xbox is it’s completely backward compatible so all your Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 games should work. I will wait for some real life reviews before committing my £ to it though as I want to see if download times are significantly better. We downloaded red dead redemption 2 and it took like 9 hours or some nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I believe one of the very good things about the new Xbox is it’s completely backward compatible so all your Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 games should work. I will wait for some real life reviews before committing my £ to it though as I want to see if download times are significantly better. We downloaded red dead redemption 2 and it took like 9 hours or some nonsense.
    Surely that's your connection rather than the console? Although Fortnite took an age to download on the PS4 and we're full fat Virgin 200mbs.

We've only just upgraded to PS4 from PS3, mainly so the boy can play Fornite with his mates after Epic and Apple fell out. I'm not a gamer by any stretch but I have a dabble and after researching a bit, I'm now totally hooked on Outer Wilds. It's a gentle-paced space mystery that helps kill a couple of hours in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Surely that's your connection rather than the console? Although Fortnite took an age to download on the PS4 and we're full fat Virgin 200mbs.

We've only just upgraded to PS4 from PS3, mainly so the boy can play Fornite with his mates after Epic and Apple fell out. I'm not a gamer by any stretch but I have a dabble and after researching a bit, I'm now totally hooked on Outer Wilds. It's a gentle-paced space mystery that helps kill a couple of hours in the evening.
    Just watched a review on that - might get it for my son

Edit. Can’t find it to buy on xbox - prefer physical media - is it download only?
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 17th September 2020 at 11:56.

Master
    Just watched a review on that - might get it for my son

Edit. Can’t find it to buy on xbox - prefer physical media - is it download only?
    yes, download only. Also on Game Pass

Master
    Sony basically lied and the two PS5 launch exclusives (Spider-Man and Horizon) are now coming out on PS4 too. So they have next to no launch titles either. All that crap about " we believe in generations" was a complete crock. In essence they have pretty much copied Xbox in spanning both.

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    yes, download only. Also on Game Pass
    Sigh. Kids used to enjoy unwrapping gifts. Now they get a freaking download.

Master
    Sigh. Kids used to enjoy unwrapping gifts. Now they get a freaking download.
    Also given the sizes now you probably need to preload or Xmas day will be sitting watching a download % bar

Craftsman
    We got an Xbox one for the daughter that she never plays with, prefers an iPad.
    Never really been into gaming since Gran Torissmo on the PS2 but decided to give it a go. Bought red dead redemption 2, took a while getting used to the controls but I have to say I love it.
    Probably the best £25 I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    We got an Xbox one for the daughter that she never plays with, prefers an iPad.
    Never really been into gaming since Gran Torissmo on the PS2 but decided to give it a go. Bought red dead redemption 2, took a while getting used to the controls but I have to say I love it.
    Probably the best £25 I've ever spent.
    RDR2 is epic

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    New Quest announced for release on 13 October. The improvements look significant...unfortunately I bought a Quest about 3 months ago 🙄ðŸ˜
    Worth reading the ArsTechnica review - it is scathing. I also got a Quest a couple months ago, but no interest in the new one and will sell this one shortly - I don't have a Facebook account and don't intend to get one. Making me do so yo continue using a device I have purchased is not a good look and means I will be looking elsewhere for my gaming fix!

As someone that mainly plays FIFA, I'll get the Series S - looks amazing value. Have a PS4 just now and will keep that a good while yet though. But £250 for a new console is very good, well done Microsoft.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Worth reading the ArsTechnica review - it is scathing. I also got a Quest a couple months ago, but no interest in the new one and will sell this one shortly - I don't have a Facebook account and don't intend to get one. Making me do so yo continue using a device I have purchased is not a good look and means I will be looking elsewhere for my gaming fix!

As someone that mainly plays FIFA, I'll get the Series S - looks amazing value. Have a PS4 just now and will keep that a good while yet though. But £250 for a new console is very good, well done Microsoft.

The Facebook thing is annoying I agree!

That particular review seems to be the only negative one and I think the author has some bias. I’m not fussed about the Quest 2 personally. What i’d really like is for the PS5 to go wireless VR, current PSVR is showing its age IMO.

PS5 VR would be a lot cheaper than a PCVR set up!

I am still playing 360 games. I got a few for between £1 and £7. Once I finish them, will get either PS4 or Xbox One and cheap games and work my way slowly.

Was going to opt for the PS5 disc version and order when I got to work around 7.00am, when I arrived my boss was there waiting and wanted a quick meeting, by the time he'd finished waffling on, I tried Game, only to find that my company had blocked that website, tried my phone, site down for maintenance, got my iPad out, managed to get onto the site, no stock. Tried Amazon, no stock, gave up. Had a quick look on Currys a bit later around 9.30 only to be find I was number 25462 in a queue, gave up.

Think I've given up... haha

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

Looking at the s for my son, just debating about the small disc space and if the expansion cards are going to be as expensive as the rumours say it may be better to go all in for the x .

I have a smaller HDD in my current xbox one and manage fine with game pass. Just have to delete stuff fairly regularly. If you have a decent internet connection for the downloads its no problem.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I'm usually an early adopter but at the moment I have such a huge backlog of games for the PS4 that I am endeavoured to finish them before getting a PS5. I'll be going for the disc version; I have been gaming since the 80's and still value physical media.
    Similar position to me, but with the backward compatibility I decided to upgrade. Well I decided to, stock wasn’t available once I made the decision though, so waiting and keeping an eye out.

I've got an Xbox one (original) but only really use it to play games with my friends back in the UK. Only reason I have an Xbox is because they do to be honest.

I also have a Nintendo switch, and that sees far more use than the Xbox does.

There's quite a bit of additional content in the Breath of the wild DLC.

I've probably gone a bit overboard on games as I haven't got round to playing them all, but so far Astral chain is pretty good, as is Luigi's mansion 3. Only one I regret buying is street fighter anniversary, it just seems like really lazy port. There are huge borders all around the screen.

Haven't tried animal crossing, but not sure it's the sort of game I'd enjoy.

One thing the switch really lags behind is online play, there's no voice functionality natively. I haven't really played online either. For local multiplayer it really starts to shine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I love my switch too but agree online chat needs to happen, esp with mario kart!

Craftsman
    I’m an Xbox man, so will most likely go for the new series X also I’ve invested to heavily with elite controllers and Astro headsets that are forward compatible . I have a good mate that works for PlayStation and he’s always trying to tempt me over lol. I actually prefer the Xbox design as it’ll sit behind my TV and not be seen. The PlayStation is more a statement piece.

Finally bagged myself a one x this week. Got a one s at Christmas for the boy, but the wife insisted it goes in his bedroom, so i never get to play it. Been enjoying a bit of fortnite so far and also secret neighbor, which is great for a kids game. Soon I'll delve into the big ones, got fallout 4 and elder scrolls to lose myself in.

Apprentice
    I've always been more of an Xbox fan but it seems like there has been a lot more hype for the newest playstation release which is surprising as they always seemed to be lots of disagreement on which to go for on the previous console releases.

I have a One S and was tempted to upgrade to the new Series Xbox. However, I’ve recently jumped to PC so won’t be getting a new console. PlayStation has trounced xbox in recent iterations, but I’m not sure about this generation. Microsoft seems to have set competitive pricing, give options with S vs X and the financing deal with Xbox gold is very compelling. Depends whether the PlayStation exclusive games provide enough incentive. Sony don’t seem to have enough differentiation between the full-fat and digital versions to draw in different users.

Master
    MS dropped the bomb today by buying Zenimax for $7.5B in cash. So they get 8 studios - Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. These are the teams responsible for The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, DOOM, Dishonored, Prey, Quake, Starfield, Evil Within and more. So Gamepass becomes a no brainer for the future.

PS5 for me. Mostly as I love psvr. Secondly my friends mostly have PS4’s.

Master
    Yes big news for Microsoft buying Bethesda , thats a lot of the games I like to play potentially Xbox exclusive in the future.

Did anyone manage to get a pre-order today for the X series ?

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    MS dropped the bomb today by buying Zenimax for $7.5B in cash. So they get 8 studios - Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. These are the teams responsible for The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, DOOM, Dishonored, Prey, Quake, Starfield, Evil Within and more. So Gamepass becomes a no brainer for the future.
    This is exactly why I pre-ordered an XBox Series X this morning.

I already have a PS5 on pre-order but this news is the reason I have decided to split the odds and get the Xbox too! It has not seemed worth it with the previous generation of console/publisher collaborations.

After missing out on the PS5 last week, I jumped on the Series X this morning. I pay out for Game Pass anyway for my two boys and daughter to use so sort of made sense. I expect the kids will use it more than me anyway.

Just been looking at the launch window game line up. Mmmmm.....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    So anyone on here thinking about which next gen console you are looking to get when they are released?

I'm not sure which to go for tbh...

Sony Playstation 5 or the Microsoft Xbox Series X???
    Being a PS fan I will buy PlayStation 5 when it comes out. I hope that PS 5 will also support the game like PS 4. Actually Overwatch is a perfect time killer in my opinion But upgrading the char can be sometimes really difficult. In such cases I recommend to get help here. That will save you tons of free time ;)
    Last edited by Owren; 27th September 2020 at 22:54. Reason: spelling correction

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Yes big news for Microsoft buying Bethesda , thats a lot of the games I like to play potentially Xbox exclusive in the future.

Yep. As did my other Xbox mates

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Yep, managed to get a Series X on Amazon :)