closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Homage fan ????

Hi, Homage fan ????

Hello, I am new to the forum, and wondered what members think of homage watches. I draw a line between fake watches and homage watches, but am aware some don't. I believe that a decent homage is great for someone who appreciates great design, but isn't fortunate enough to have the finance to pay the extortionate demands of the luxury watch companies. Of course, to rob a company of their brand name is wrong.

My collection is primarily made up of watches costing between £70 and £150, although I have a few above and below these figures. I could opt for watches from well known high street brands who offer boring watches with a low spec, or a homage brand which can offer me a well spec'd brand with a nice appearance.

So what's your opinion ?

Have you had a look at the forum hosts current and back catalogue?
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Have you had a look at the forum hosts current and back catalogue?
    No, what have I missed ?

Quote Originally Posted by smogmonster View Post
    No, what have I missed ?

http://www.timefactors.com

Craftsman
    Have a nose at the 'Timefactors' heading. Click on it and it will send you there.

He has some cracking homage watches and one that i particularly covet...the PRS-68 a homage to Seikos 6105 diving watch. An absolute cracker.

Personally i like a good homage. The trick is just that though, finding a good one. Have a search round for what you like then seek out reviews and you will work out which are worth the price.

Master
    Hi tocktick... how's the fake speedmaster treating you?

Are we going to have lots of post's about Parnis Watches.

Banned

Hi, Homage fan ????

Nothing wrong with a good homage watch .
    Fakes are a no no for me but homage Watches are great , some people love the look of certain 5,6k Watches but don’t have that sort of money . Steinhart , squale and Christopher ward are 3 great brands that produce many homage watches in their line ups . Steinhart especially have a cult following of their own and often sell out and have waiting lists for their homage watch versions !

I don’t actually own any homage Watches myself but don’t have anything against people that wear them as some people seem too .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    And just to emphasise that point ! A steinhart Watch ( Rolex gmt homage version ) was just listed on sales corner and sold within minutes ! There you go .

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Hi tocktick... how's the fake speedmaster treating you?
    Explain please?

No, what have I missed ?

I sense an alter-ego...........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Explain please?
    Banned from TWF under two user names (most recent was just minutes prior to this account being made) because all he wanted to do was talk about cheap homages and fakes and how they were just as good as the real thing, and then get generally aggressive when questioned. He talks of not wanting or being able to afford higher end stuff, yet bought a speedmaster from a friend (many of his friends dabble in fakes according to him) and couldn't even tell it was a truly awful fake, despite claiming to have experience with high end watches. A slim chance I'm wrong, but the timing, content, and writing style seem to add up to a bit more than coincidence. When questioned today about one of his watches using another companies trademark, he proudly replied "absolutely".

ooooh......looking forward to next few posts...

Master
    Even made a PSA thread for a fake/scam eBay listing arguing as to why anyone wouldn't buy it, because they've got eBay protection.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Banned from TWF under two user names (most recent was just minutes prior to this account being made) because all he wanted to do was talk about cheap homages and fakes and how they were just as good as the real thing, and then get generally aggressive when questioned. He talks of not wanting or being able to afford higher end stuff, yet bought a speedmaster from a friend (many of his friends dabble in fakes according to him) and couldn't even tell it was a truly awful fake, despite claiming to have experience with high end watches. A slim chance I'm wrong, but the timing, content, and writing style seem to add up to a bit more than coincidence. When questioned today about one of his watches using another companies trademark, he proudly replied "absolutely".
    Thank you.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Nothing wrong with a good homage watch .
    Fakes are a no no for me but homage Watches are great , some people love the look of certain 5,6k Watches but don’t have that sort of money . Steinhart , squale and Christopher ward are 3 great brands that produce many homage watches in their line ups . Steinhart especially have a cult following of their own and often sell out and have waiting lists for their homage watch versions !

I don’t actually own any homage Watches myself but don’t have anything against people that wear them as some people seem too .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks for the comment. I have no idea what the other threads are about

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Have a nose at the 'Timefactors' heading. Click on it and it will send you there.

He has some cracking homage watches and one that i particularly covet...the PRS-68 a homage to Seikos 6105 diving watch. An absolute cracker.

Personally i like a good homage. The trick is just that though, finding a good one. Have a search round for what you like then seek out reviews and you will work out which are worth the price.
    Even the most popular brands such as Seiko and Rotary make homages. Their homages to the Omega Speedy and Rolex Submariner sell like hot cakes

Sounds like a key board warrior with the IQ of a chimp, but who I am to judge ?

Talking

Off to a great start. Welcome to the forum. :D

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is he wrong?

Why don't you use your other TZ-UK account which you created just after the 1st time you were banned from TWF?

Parnis suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Why don't you use your other TZ-UK account which you created just after the 1st time you were banned from TWF?

Parnis suck.
    I was banned from TWF because I like Parnis watches. That's pretty sad really. Oh, I forgot, some years ago I was sold a fake Omega, and that is unforgivable.

It's a dark day when people are entitled to their own taste in watches. Personally, I find it sad that people are prepared to pay thousands of pounds for a name on a dial, but I appreciate it is their money to do what they wish. Perhaps you could give me the same respect, but I'm sure you won't

Master
    Why would people show respect to someone who has no issue buying, wearing, and promoting fakes? (And I'm not talking Parnis)

And no, you were banned for discussing fakes, and then creating a new account to discuss fakes, and then swearing at the site owner

Grand Master
    Very strange response when challenged about identity and background . Been on the forum 5 minutes and starts throwing insults around.

Not exactly the way to win friends or become accepted.

Paul

Why would people show respect to someone who has no issue buying, wearing, and promoting fakes? (And I'm not talking Parnis)

And no, you were banned for discussing fakes, and then creating a new account to discuss fakes, and then swearing at the site owner
    One thing at a time.

1) I purchased a fake watch four and a half years ago by mistake believing it was real. A local jeweller told me he thought the watch was real, and that's why I ended up getting ripped off. This was a few years before my interest in watches. You know this, however you have chosen to ignore the facts in order you can feed a weak argument. Perhaps you have never made a mistake, I have made hundreds, so well done !!

2) Nothing wrong in discussing fake watches as long as the subject isn't promotional. For example, to warn people away from an eBay seller who is less than honest can only be presumed advantageous. Perhaps you disagree, most wouldn't

3) Finally, I certainly didn't swear at the site owner, and haven't sworn at anyone. Of course, your definition of swearing may differ to mine. I should point out that I treat any poster with the same respect, regardless of their status. I am a mirror, speak to me nicely, and I shall return the kind words with mine.

Master
    One thing at a time.

1) I purchased a fake watch four and a half years ago by mistake believing it was real. A local jeweller told me he thought the watch was real, and that's why I ended up getting ripped off. This was a few years before my interest in watches. You know this, however you have chosen to ignore the facts in order you can feed a weak argument. Perhaps you have never made a mistake, I have made hundreds, so well done !!

2) Nothing wrong in discussing fake watches as long as the subject isn't promotional. For example, to warn people away from an eBay seller who is less than honest can only be presumed advantageous. Perhaps you disagree, most wouldn't

3) Finally, I certainly didn't swear at the site owner, and haven't sworn at anyone. Of course, your definition of swearing may differ to mine. I should point out that I treat any poster with the same respect, regardless of their status. I am a mirror, speak to me nicely, and I shall return the kind words with mine.
    1. I'm not talking about the speedy, rather the other fake watches you were discussing buying.

2. There is if it is against forum rules and you'd already been banned for it in the past. And warning people? You put up a link to a fake on eBay as a PSA saying g what's the worst that can happen :D

3. You called him a dick head. Smart move. Why not try that with Eddie?

If anyone wants to know the kind of person you are, all your posts are available to read over on TWF, you can't wiggle your way out of it.

Why are you here using a second account btw? I'm sure you're aware that's a banning offence..

Master
    I recently got given a Parnis. Looks pretty, but not at all a well made watch in my experience. Might say Parnis on the dial so not strictly speaking a fake but definitely cheap fake quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was banned from TWF because I like Parnis watches. That's pretty sad really.
    So not because of your generally aggressive tone and personally insulting the forum owner then?

Blog Entries
    That’s all I can muster. I imagine Eddie may be along at some point.

1. I'm not talking about the speedy, rather the other fake watches you were discussing buying.

2. There is if it is against forum rules and you'd already been banned for it in the past. And warning people? You put up a link to a fake on eBay as a PSA saying g what's the worst that can happen :D

3. You called him a dick head. Smart move. Why not try that with Eddie?

If anyone wants to know the kind of person you are, all your posts are available to read over on TWF, you can't wiggle your way out of it.

Why are you here using a second account btw? I'm sure you're aware that's a banning offence..
    1) Your a lair sir, I have not considered or proposed buying a fake watch. You have made this up to suit your argument, and you should be disgusted with yourself.

2) I put a link on eBay for a Casio Edifice being sold at a very cheap price. There was absolutely no indication that the watch in question was fake, however there was indication of the seller being less than honest. Again, you have chosen to lie.

3) I didn't call the person in question a dick head, I referred to him as such, there's a big difference. That isn't swearing, it's an opinion, and I would imagine I am right, because generally speaking I am. You and a few of your pathetic friends called me far worse, so shoulders back, grow up, and get on with it.

I believe I should be judged on my comments and input to this forum. If you prefer not to read the aforementioned comments, please block me, otherwise I would appreciate you stop boring other posters with your needless and childish comments. Thank You & Good Day
    Last edited by smogmonster; 12th February 2018 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    I recently got given a Parnis. Looks pretty, but not at all a well made watch in my experience. Might say Parnis on the dial so not strictly speaking a fake but definitely cheap fake quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You got the wrong watch from the wrong place. £ for £ they are the best watch on the market, by a country mile. My opinion of course !!

I have a few Parnis watches with Miyota movements, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel inserts, screw in crowns, 100m & 200m WR, 316L stainless cases, and terrific straps. They cost under £100 and look amazing. What more can I say ?

You got the wrong watch from the wrong place. £ for £ they are the best watch on the market, by a country mile. My opinion of course !!

I have a few Parnis watches with Miyota movements, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel inserts, screw in crowns, 100m & 200m WR, 316L stainless cases, and terrific straps. They cost under £100 and look amazing. What more can I say ?
    They lack substance by a country mile.
    A Timex will last much longer.

Master

3) I didn't call the person in question a dick head, I referred to him as such, there's a big difference.
    I've never said this before, because TZ is a very broad church, but in my opinion, the sooner you leave this forum the better.
    Last edited by paskinner; 12th February 2018 at 21:07.

smog and mirror monster, is your name pippen by any chance Sir ??

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

They look like copies. They feel like copies. They are copies.
    Trying to convince a watch forum of anything above and beyond that is stands as much of success as putting a pig in a frock and insisting it's Gillian Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    They look like copies. They feel like copies. They are copies.
    Trying to convince a watch forum of anything above and beyond that is stands as much of success as putting a pig in a frock and insisting it's Gillian Anderson.
    With dirty skirting boards.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Mine has a sapphire crystal, a ceramic bezel insert, a screw down crown, a 316l case and (very loose) bezel and a Miyota movement. The strap was broken when it arrived. Still feels (and leaks) like a cheap fake. In my experience of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFixer View Post
    They lack substance by a country mile.
    A Timex will last much longer.
    Your welcome to your opinion, but Timex are also made in China, but to a far lower spec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Mine has a sapphire crystal, a ceramic bezel insert, a screw down crown, a 316l case and (very loose) bezel and a Miyota movement. The strap was broken when it arrived. Still feels (and leaks) like a cheap fake. In my experience of course.
    That sounds just liker my Orient mako, have you checked the name on the dial ?

You have no interest in watches at all do you?

Your welcome to your opinion, but Timex are also made in China, but to a far lower spec

- - - Updated - - -

Just like a Parnis but I would much prefer the Timex.

Master

- - - Updated - - -

Never had a Mako, but the one Orient watch i do own is very high quality indeed, so when i see Orient on the dial i'm going to expect a pretty decent watch. I can't say the same about Parnis.

Hello, I am new to the forum, (snip)

So what's your opinion ?
    No you are not new to the forum.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    3) I didn't call the person in question a dick head, I referred to him as such, there's a big difference.
    These forums are for the friendly discussion and appreciation of fine watches between like minded enthusiasts. This uncouth and dishonourable way of speaking has no place here!

Why don't you start your own forum where you can attract the membership of like minded persons who can better appreciate your mentality.

You don’t have a Accutron Astronaught and live in Las Vegas do you?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Wow, never heard of Parnis until today, they are certainly some "homages" on there I can tell ya.
    I did buy a Planet Ocean Homage many years ago, I think maybe on this site, I believe it was Alpha who made it back then??
    I think if you like the style but you can't afford the real deal, then a homage is cool. If I had bought 5 watches and not 350 I may have different brands from what I have currently.

What a waste of time.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Journeyman
    Quite the thread...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Arrow

I concede that it often takes time and experience to be able to see the value in quality watches and that often leads to regrettable early purchases. So instead I'll focus on a less ambiguous marker of quality than subjective aesthetics. Here's a simple question: how many photographs can you find of people diving with a parnis on?

For example, the search term 'Parnis underwater'

Here's page one:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=....0.5FcHG6sKqrE

Checking the whole page there are literally zero pictures of a Parnis underwater

And here's the same search for seiko

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=....0.BIxqwwaJ-Fo

And Rolex

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=....0.UJaBpHpq3D4

And, of course, Timefactors...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...0MbgK_rjLB6mM:

There's a reason for this. Parnis may well have 200M written on them, but that's not the same as actually being water resistant and that's a very very long way from being something you'd use to time a sport in which an unreliable timekeeper might just kill you. The same is true for 316L, sapphire and any other claim found on the case. The fact is that Parnis, like Alpha, do a fine job of rebadging fakes into homages. That's a laudable thing to do, but the resultant watch shaped object is very much built down to a price and really isn't designed to perform in any way as the watches they are copying.

China have always made a few decent watches and the last few years has seen a real move towards making more. However, the fact is that quality costs wherever it comes from.
    Last edited by M4tt; 13th February 2018 at 00:03.

What’s with the recent influx of riffraff ?

Half term?
    Cheers..
    Jase