closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My daughter the model!

Master

My daughter the model!

Feeling quite proud today - my eldest has been with a kids modelling agency for a couple of years, it's been a bit of fun going to auditions but a few months ago she got her first "proper" call-back.

It's only a campaign for Aldi, but she's in the magazine, on the billboards outside the stores and on the website too. She's well pleased, almost everyone in her school has been off to buy one of these mermaid blankets now.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/kirkton-house...87321238908600

Master
    Good for her - all bodes well for the future.

B

That’s cool mate. She obviously gets her good looks from you (!?!)

Bring some mermaid tails to the next GTG (to be arranged shortly)

Good on her! she must be the envy of her school.

Master
    Brilliant - big congrats to her :-)

Congrats...hope she can parlay it into a nice career!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Congrats...hope she can parlay it into a nice career!
    I'm not sure modelling for Aldi is the spring board into stardom, but it was a great experience for her, she had a really fun day and obviously made a few quid for her piggy bank to boot.

Tight sods didn't give her a blanket though, we've had to go out and buy one. 😂

No free goods? She needs to start the diva antics earlier lol.

I'm sure it will do her confidence the works of good!
    It's just a matter of time...

Well done her, you must be very proud.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Good start. Keep at it and try to sign her with as many agencies as you can. I'd think (looking at some of my friends) acting classes would be a great boost to her confidence and help going through auditions which could be nerve wracking esp for the young ones.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Well done to her.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Tight sods didn't give her a blanket though, we've had to go out and buy one. 
    I trust she got paid though.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I'm not sure modelling for Aldi is the spring board into stardom, but it was a great experience for her, she had a really fun day and obviously made a few quid for her piggy bank to boot.

Tight sods didn't give her a blanket though, we've had to go out and buy one. 

not wanting to piss on your/her chips but i have done hundreds of castings/shoots with models over the years and my only bit of advice would be to don't let the idea of being a model interfere with the schooling and future life. it’s fun and you get paid but nobody talks about the number of casting you go to with 30 other kids waiting to be ‘chosen’ that process can cause some damage when you get to teen years, younger kids don't seem to care as its just a fun day out and you get to skip school for a day.

it sounds a lot of money but you have to factor in the travel to castings (unpaid) that end up with no work plus the cost of a chaperone if you are unable to take them. the good side of the business is it’s tightly regulated and the agencies have strict rules on hours and the safety/CIB of people on set etc.

maybe put the wedge aside for university fees

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    not wanting to piss on your/her chips but i have done hundreds of castings/shoots with models over the years and my only bit of advice would be to don't let the idea of being a model interfere with the schooling and future life. it’s fun and you get paid but nobody talks about the number of casting you go to with 30 other kids waiting to be ‘chosen’ that process can cause some damage when you get to teen years, younger kids don't seem to care as its just a fun day out and you get to skip school for a day.

it sounds a lot of money but you have to factor in the travel to castings (unpaid) that end up with no work plus the cost of a chaperone if you are unable to take them. the good side of the business is it’s tightly regulated and the agencies have strict rules on hours and the safety/CIB of people on set etc.

maybe put the wedge aside for university fees
    Good advice but I think i need to (again) give this some scale...
    It's an aldi shoot, not prada 😂. She was paid about 300 quid which just went into her savings account (I did offer to "invest" it in a watch but she is young and sadly quite stupid, so she declined). The wife got 30quid or so for taking her, though there was a day off school involved.

I just posted here coz I was quite proud to see her getting a quick flash of the limelight, it's not something we're pushing as a career... I would rather see her at a Rolex A.D. and making some proper money by securing me a couple of Daytonas. 😉

We were invited to put her on the books at an agency when she was 4 and in two years she only had 4 auditions or whatever you call them, it's not something we aggressively pursue. We always stress that the experience is meant to be a bit of fun, whether she gets called back or not. No pressure on either side and i dont think shes ever even questioned the day afterwards - straight out of her mind once we're in the car home.

Thank you for the wise words (genuinely) but I think some people have got the wrong end of the stick here, i posted this coz it's a one off, not because i think shes going to be a supermodel. 😁

Be proud Kev mate. She looks like she’s having fun as a mini-mermaid! 🤘