closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    I start every season with an unrealistic level of excitement and optimism but particularly this year...

---------------Fabs--------------

-Fred---Diop--Balbuena--Masuaku-

---------------Rice--------------

----------Wilshere---Manu--------

Yarmolenko----Haller --- Anderson

That doesn't look like too bad a starting 11 to me and doesn't even include Fornals, Noble or Antonio.
    I'm not completely convinced by our LB options and another option at CDM would be good as Noble's not getting any younger and Sanchez is awful.

Roll on Man City!
    Looks good on paper though doesn't it!

Injuries were our downfall last season, especially Yarmolenko so early on.

The difference between normal prem teams and the huge spenders is that they can afford two top class teams.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

First look at a few of City’s kids v West Ham and they impressed.
    I think our youth system is one of the best and there’s a production line throwing out some outstanding talents. A few local lads to complement some of the worlds best youth prospects too. The future looks very good .

Journeyman
    I hate to admit they do look good

Hate it when teams buy the league like Chelsea did and now Man City are

But love their football !

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    First look at a few of City’s kids v West Ham and they impressed.
    I think our youth system is one of the best and there’s a production line throwing out some outstanding talents. A few local lads to complement some of the worlds best youth prospects too. The future looks very good .

Quote Originally Posted by d2ore View Post
    I hate to admit they do look good

Hate it when teams buy the league like Chelsea did and now Man City are

But love their football !
    This old chestnut.
    Can you tell me the last team who didn’t ‘buy’ the League ?

Master
    This old chestnut.
    Leicester City. Easy one that. In relation to the normal spending at any rate

Blog Entries
    This old chestnut.
    Ahem…. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone else was sh*t and we fluked the league by 10 clear points!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Ahem…. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone else was sh*t and we fluked the league by 10 clear points!
    Ahem :)
    £44 million spent .
    Okazaki, Kante, Gray , Inler etc etc.
    I’m not denying the comparative costs spent by yourselves and the big hitters at the time but there was still money spent .
    Is every team going forward buying the league ?
    Anyway, after winning the lottery , we could hardly keep our hands in our pockets could we ?

Blog Entries
    I’m not denying the comparative costs spent by yourselves
    Good!

Case closed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Mags is great…. He’s neither £85m or our best defender (Evans is!!!)
    World record £80m for a defender, he might not be the best in Leicester or the world yet, but he will be best in the world won’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    World record £80m for a defender, he might not be the best in Leicester or the world yet, but he will be best in the world won’t he?

Leicester will have to pay Hull City £10m+ in sell on fees, kerching!

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Having just read an article on the BBC, Maguire stats look pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another Blades product. I thought it was remarkable that Kyle Walker was sold for over £50m. £130 million for 2 kids whose debuts I remember is staggering.

In this one respect at least we are consistent over achievers.

Blog Entries

We shall see…. He will be the best player in your back 4, but, I still wouldn’t trade Leicester’s back 4

I think we’ve had your pants down on this, but, time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Hull fans loving it…. Nice windfall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They are indeed…. Funnily enough our goals against stat was way better with him not in the team…!

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Another Blades product. I thought it was remarkable that Kyle Walker was sold for over £50m. £130 million for 2 kids whose debuts I remember is staggering.

In this one respect at least we are consistent over achievers.
    He was an Owl as a you fan wasn’t he?

Master
    Seems a strange pre-season, the usual drama and rumour-mongering is conspicuous by its absence.

(Then again, I may have missed it all in my summer travels!).

Speaking of Leicester, I always had Rodgers down as an ideal fit for a club like Newcastle, shame we may never find out...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Can’t wait for it to start now, even if it’s just to limit the exposure to Klippertys incessant whinging .Does the man ever stop ?
    Charity Shield tomorrow . Not expecting too much, I think City will play a three quarters full strength side .
    I won’t be on crowing if we win and I certainly won’t be too upset if the Net Spend trophy winners from Liverpool do either.

Craftsman
    Roll on Villa Saturday and the close of the transfer window later this week.

All this ITK bullshit does my head in.

Premier League 19/20

My problem with this transfer is that Leicester won’t be able to spend the money for a while as the deal is being investigated for daylight robbery. 🦊

Last edited by TAG0001; 4th August 2019 at 00:32.

Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    My problem with this transfer is that Leicester won’t be able to spend the money for a while as the deal is being investigated for daylight robbery.

We now we have:

Maguire
    Rojo
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Jones
    Lindelof
    Tuanzebe

So if one very average back is injured we have a good choice of very average CBs to pick from and seamlessly slot in a replacement.

There’s not a Foulkes, Sadler, Buchan, Holton, Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Ferdinand, Vidic amongst them.

Craftsman
    Its starting tonight....... Come on LFC.

Im chuffed for my dad. My cousin managed to get him a ticket for tonight's opener. My 4 year old daughter knows whos playing tonight

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Surprisingly happy with Arsenals transfer window, some decent signings we should have a pretty strong midfield and attack now. The lack of a decent CB will still hurt us and Luiz aint really an answer to our problems. The thing I find with Luiz is he is a terrible defender but would be a world class holding midfielder.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Was going to post this in the Friday thread but hey, cmon boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Just heard that Ozil and Kolasinac haven’t travelled to Newcastle because of further security concerns after they were targeted recently. Scary stuff if true.

Mixed for Norwich. They look like they have goals in them but I'm surprised they didn't spend any money on getting quality defenders in. Never easy to judge after a game at Anfield (many teams will ship 4 or more there) but fair to say they won't do a Wolves but neither will they be as poor as Fulham I think.

At one stage I thought Liverpool were trying to pass the ball into the net..... and then Norwich scored! In fact they won the second half!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Superb win for the reds. Thought it was going to be a real tricky one. Fair play to Norwich they played well. Bit of a nightmare losing Allison, hope hes not out long

It was a good win but damn we were sloppy at times. They'll sharpen up and will need to against Chelsea next week. Norwich were shellshocked in the first half but have a very exciting team and if they can adapt to the PL I think they'll be fine. Their manager seems to be right on the ball too - I was very impressed with them.

Blog Entries
    Decent if very one sided game from a neutrals POV Norwich will need to learn very quickly how to play the EPL last night was a prime example of trying to play expansive football against a team that are better than you at that game, early days but if managed correctly they should survive.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Some very entertaining stuff from Norwich at times. I’d like to think they’ll have enough goals in them to stay up.
    So which one (or more) of last year’s premiership teams will go down? Newcastle keeps coming to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Some very entertaining stuff from Norwich at times. I’d like to think they’ll have enough goals in them to stay up.
    So which one (or more) of last year’s premiership teams will go down? Newcastle keeps coming to mind.
    I'd say Newcastle and Brighton

Craftsman
    I thought we played well last night considering it was the first league game of the season.

For some reason carra keept slaughtering our supposedly poor defensive performance. Respect to nevil who basically said every top team has a off day and so did he.

I hope Allison isn't out for too long. Adrian looked solid when he came on.

Blog Entries
    Well, the general feeling with the fans is we were happy to take that last night.

For those who know little about the club, the last spell in the Prem nearly took the club under and we are now two years into the rebuild plan with new Board and a completely new set up regards the playing management.

The Board under Stuart Webber has transformed the financial position of the club and we are self funding with a very small budget. Comment above about spending is just not going to happen, last season was all about the youth and bringing players through our academy, the spend ethos is just not going to happen because we are the top flight, the plan is the plan. Again we sold Murph and Madders this time last year to just balance the books, the club is not going to spend money they have not got on big fee and wages.

Understand also, that was the youngest team to start a perm match in 24 years, 5 were under 22, 9 players had never played a Prem match, this time last years we were 14th in the Championship and the manager......never managed a top flight match. Daniel is one hell of a manager and the way third tier German players have also been identified and slotted into his methods is pure genius. You heard the song last night... "All the Germans so many Germans and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their, Farke-Life... (to Parklife tune)

Looking at what 'bigger' teams did last year at Anfield our 12 shots on goal and 9 on target last night was a good account, we opened the defence up impressively on a few occasions. Obviously I am not that blinkered to think Liverpool couldn't have stepped up another gear, but we did ask questions of their defence.

WE play a stye that won massive praise last season and although naive, we kept that style last night, good passing out of defence and detail, not just parking a bus, hoof style football.

I am sure we will get hammered this season on occasions but as long as we keep to the plan I am sure we will win a lot of love from true footie fans.

We are here to have a good time and enjoy the Prem again and if we do go down playing our brand and trying our best then I will be happy.

Enjoy Norwich City chaps.

Pitch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Was going to post this in the Friday thread but hey, cmon boys.

- - - Updated - - -
    Where did you get the glass and strap? I was dinking g champions ale in the Baltic just before the final, nice stuff.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Well, the general feeling with the fans is we were happy to take that last night.

For those who know little about the club, the last spell in the Prem nearly took the club under and we are now two years into the rebuild plan with new Board and a completely new set up regards the playing management.

The Board under Stuart Webber has transformed the financial position of the club and we are self funding with a very small budget. Comment above about spending is just not going to happen, last season was all about the youth and bringing players through our academy, the spend ethos is just not going to happen because we are the top flight, the plan is the plan. Again we sold Murph and Madders this time last year to just balance the books, the club is not going to spend money they have not got on big fee and wages.

Understand also, that was the youngest team to start a perm match in 24 years, 5 were under 22, 9 players had never played a Prem match, this time last years we were 14th in the Championship and the manager......never managed a top flight match. Daniel is one hell of a manager and the way third tier German players have also been identified and slotted into his methods is pure genius. You heard the song last night... "All the Germans so many Germans and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their, Farke-Life... (to Parklife tune)

Looking at what 'bigger' teams did last year at Anfield our 12 shots on goal and 9 on target last night was a good account, we opened the defence up impressively on a few occasions. Obviously I am not that blinkered to think Liverpool couldn't have stepped up another gear, but we did ask questions of their defence.

WE play a stye that won massive praise last season and although naive, we kept that style last night, good passing out of defence and detail, not just parking a bus, hoof style football.

I am sure we will get hammered this season on occasions but as long as we keep to the plan I am sure we will win a lot of love from true footie fans.

We are here to have a good time and enjoy the Prem again and if we do go down playing our brand and trying our best then I will be happy.

Enjoy Norwich City chaps.

Pitch
    Very good info.

I just think you guys need to be a bit more shrewd against the top teams..........not to be soo expansive. It allows you a chance to get something out of the game.

It would be interesting to see how you would fair against a Burnley side who likes to test the oppositions character oh and give a good kicking.

It will be a interesting season.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Credit to Norwich yesterday, my beloved Liverpool looked a bit sleepy at the back. Wasn’t expecting out latest signing to be on the pitch so soon, hope Allison is back sharpish. In all though 3 points so I am a happy bear.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Credit to Norwich yesterday, my beloved Liverpool looked a bit sleepy at the back. Wasn’t expecting out latest signing to be on the pitch so soon, hope Allison is back sharpish. In all though 3 points so I am a happy bear.
    Only another 37 wins

Sergio sends us top

Craftsman
    Normal service resumes

Sergio sends us top

Bringing on Aguero when you are 3 nil up should fall foul of the ungentlemanly conduct rule.

Poor old West Ham. Start the season with people wondering if they can break into the top 6. Now they'll be slated as relegation fodder. I suspect neither of these applies - probably mid to lower mid table but of course Man City isn't the best team to get if you want a good start to the season

pfff what a rubbish result. Tough start for a Hammers fan - I have the whole 'hear we go again' vibe. But have to remember it's Man City. We did some decent dealing in the summer, so onwards and upwards I guess.

I'm really hoping teams can challenge Man City and Liverpool better - otherwise those two are just going to run away with the league which isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Poor old West Ham. Start the season with people wondering if they can break into the top 6. Now they'll be slated as relegation fodder. I suspect neither of these applies - probably mid to lower mid table but of course Man City isn't the best team to get if you want a good start to the season
    Indeed.

However we lost our four opening games last season and finished 10th.

I thought we did very well to start with, but I knew as soon as City scored that would be that.

One thing I didn't appreciate was all that VAR stuff, really slowed up the game especially with Aguero getting a second bite of the cherry after his feeble first pen.

I realise it was because the keeper moved off his line but in my POV all of this 5mm offside stuff etc etc will really dampen the talking points of any game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Indeed.

However we lost our four opening games last season and finished 10th.

I thought we did very well to start with, but I knew as soon as City scored that would be that.

One thing I didn't appreciate was all that VAR stuff, really slowed up the game especially with Aguero getting a second bite of the cherry after his feeble first pen.

I realise it was because the keeper moved off his line but in my POV all of this 5mm offside stuff etc etc will really dampen the talking points of any game.
    Agreed .
    Very frustrating. You can’t even celebrate a goal without looking over to the screens . The one given offside was his arm , when I thought it had to be a part of the body you could score with .

Agreed .
    Very frustrating. You can’t even celebrate a goal without looking over to the screens . The one given offside was his arm , when I thought it had to be a part of the body you could score with .
    Yep, I really think overall VAR could spoil the spontaneity of the game somewhat which is football's strength against other sports.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    I don't mind the delay if the decision is right, which should be the ultimate aim for VAR above all. Sure the penalty goal line rule is a bit silly and could do with some adjustment but overall VAR is good for the game.

Craftsman
    Im not convinced by it but mind you I am supposedly old fashioned

Blog Entries
    Interesting start top two predictable wins, Everton held by Palace,well done Brighton and Burnley hopefully Spurs will get beaten but i doubt it and the same for Arsenal tomorrow then the first real game of the season in my book so all i can say is COYB
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Spurs looking very flat and jaded - Villa could be out of sight already. Suspect Spurs will be much better in the 2nd half

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Spurs looking very flat and jaded - Villa could be out of sight already. Suspect Spurs will be much better in the 2nd half
    Im hoping spuds have new stadium syndrome

Master
    What a fantastic atmosphere in the new Spurs stadium, too many Premiership grounds are morgues nowadays. I’m sure Spurs will benefit massively from their new home.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Where did you get the glass and strap? I was dinking g champions ale in the Baltic just before the final, nice stuff.
    Glass is from LFC shop and the strap from the sale listing I got it says WatchGecko sailcloth-style strap.