closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Grats. Enjoy it - what’s your own first impressions?
    I have also had that phone call this afternoon, I shall pick mine up at the weekend? when did they call you?

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    I have also had that phone call this afternoon, I shall pick mine up at the weekend? when did they call you?

Scottie
    Got call at 1pm was in store by 2pm. They said they had 4 in but one had gotten something else and another wasn't interested now. Their loss apparently is our gain Scottie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just back from picking mine up.

I only ordered it 3.5 weeks ago.

Initial impression is that it's a lot of watch for the money and I'm very pleased with it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    Went to pick up mine today. Looks great. Destickered and noticed two specks of something on the dial. Off it goes back to Tudor. Pretty gutted!
    Pleased to say RSC sorted the problem out today and picked up the watch this afternoon.

As others have said, I thought the thickness would be an issue, but it actually sits quite well, even on my tiny wrist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Picked mine up today from the Rox gin palace in Newcastle...It nicer than I expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by You Only Live Twice View Post
    Got call at 1pm was in store by 2pm. They said they had 4 in but one had gotten something else and another wasn't interested now. Their loss apparently is our gain Scottie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Wow, I got lucky as well, phoned me at similar time, I cannot get in until the weekend, but they was cool with that, seemed to be a flurry of folks getting them today 😎

Scottie

Journeyman
    Wow, I got lucky as well, phoned me at similar time, I cannot get in until the weekend, but they was cool with that, seemed to be a flurry of folks getting them today

Scottie
    Mine wasn’t due till October got a call on Friday

Blog Entries
    Got a call today but I don't want it
    I got the pepsi ceramic

Scottie
    The next day - picked it up Fri afternoon. They originally called me Thursday morning

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    I am hoping it fits well on my wrist. I have a fairly large wrist but might still take a bit of getting used to. For me the Tudor is a bit of a placeholder until I can save up the difference for a Rolex GMT BLNR
    Don't worry I have a puny wrist and am very happy at how it sits

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    Thanks for posting these pics. I think I'll be fine with it. I've ordered it on the bracelet in case I want to go swimming with it, but I think it will mainly live on a nice leather strap.

Does anyone know how much it costs for the Tudor leather strap from an AD?
    I was told by the AD the strap and clasp was £160, which I thought must be a mistake but didn't push it .

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    The only thing that puts me off this watch is it’s thickmess. I love he comfort and size of the Pelagos I own but was hoping this would be closer to 12mm thick. Looks great, love the styling just a bit too thick for me with already having what I consider a big watch.
    I had no hopes for this watch as I never thought it would exist. Wishing for thinner than current black bays might have been a bit of a stretch.

I cannot help wonder why its taking Tudor so long to ramp up production,you dont think its them slipping into Rolex ways and throttling supply? in a attempt to hype the brand etc

Scottie
    I don't think Tudor will be throttling supply. They do not have the cache of Rolex. They exist to get people easier ownership into the company, appeal to a younger group and entice them to become Rolex owners. We have seen many people getting their watches (the most popular Tudor so far) within 6 weeks of release date. Supply will likely satisfy demand in around 6 months then you might see them for sale in display cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    I don't think Tudor will be throttling supply. They do not have the cache of Rolex. They exist to get people easier ownership into the company, appeal to a younger group and entice them to become Rolex owners. We have seen many people getting their watches (the most popular Tudor so far) within 6 weeks of release date. Supply will likely satisfy demand in around 6 months then you might see them for sale in display cases.

People will prob be drooling and speculating about Basel 2019 by then 🤣

People will prob be drooling and speculating about Basel 2019 by then 藍
    Which buckle finish did you go for on the MN strap Rusty? I can't decide between brushed or polished.. veering towards brushed to match the top of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Which buckle finish did you go for on the MN strap Rusty? I can't decide between brushed or polished.. veering towards brushed to match the top of the case.
    Brushed - purely since it’s on the under wrist so marks will show far less.

Brushed - purely since it’s on the under wrist so marks will show far less.
    I think you're right, already picked up some desk diving marks on mine!

insert "wear it like you stole it gif"

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Looks ok on a Hirsch Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.B View Post
    Holy cats, that’s stunning. :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Holy cats, that’s stunning. :)
    True, fallout boy. ;-P

Just sent my gmt back. Needs an issue sorting with the date wheel. No biggie but mildly irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.B View Post

Except it is not actually on it - you can see the steel endlinks underneath the strap........
    More like "Looks ok near a Hirsch Robby"

Dave

Craftsman
    Just sent my gmt back. Needs an issue sorting with the date wheel. No biggie but mildly irritating.
    That’s a shame. What was the issue out of interest?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Except it is not actually on it - you can see the steel endlinks underneath the strap........
    More like "Looks ok near a Hirsch Robby"

Dave
    Lol Ok I’ll rephrase it for you. Would look ok on a Hirsch Robby...

Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    That’s a shame. What was the issue out of interest?
    Date changed from 9th to well past 10th. Others have experienced similar apparently - pic here effectively tried to jump a day.

Others have had the same issue with this model? That’s some screwed up QC there. I guess they’re trying to rush them out and into customer’s waiting hands for the final QC check. :(

Others have had the same issue with this model? That’s some screwed up QC there. I guess they’re trying to rush them out and into customer’s waiting hands for the final QC check. :(
    Screenshot from another forum

Craftsman
    Collect mine this week , very pleased.

Really want to try it on leather so need to work out what would be the best non Tudor strap.

Master
    And I got mine too, they called and left a message last week when I was on holiday, so I was in a bit of a panic as I thought they might have moved to the next on the list. I'm pleased to say they held it for me, and I picked it up last night. I was number 3 on the list, they had 2 in but the 2nd on the list didn't want it so I got bumped up.

And as a bonus, I'm now on the list for a Sub no date!

Master
    Surprising to see quality issues with these but fabulous watches nonetheless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Surprising to see quality issues with these but fabulous watches nonetheless.
    Had mine on now since picking it up. I don't appear to have any of the quality issues others have raised, the date changes over smoothly, and now marks or blemishes on the dial. First impressions are very good. The watch wears well, some of the Black Bay divers I've tried on seem to wear a bit big but this is fine.

The GMT bezel clicks on 1 minute intervals both ways - very firm, positive action. The crown is big, but smooth and easy to operate and the screw down is also very smooth. I like the snowflake and the fact the GMT hand and minute hand extend out to the edge of the dial as it makes reading it much easier. The bracelet is comfortable and feels good quality. If I'm being picky, it only has 3 micro adjustment slots, and I could easily live without the fake rivets but overall very nice and at the price (notwithstanding £2800 is a lot for a watch etc etc) it seems spot on.

I can see this becoming a daily wear.

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Had mine on now since picking it up. I don't appear to have any of the quality issues others have raised, the date changes over smoothly, and now marks or blemishes on the dial. First impressions are very good. The watch wears well, some of the Black Bay divers I've tried on seem to wear a bit big but this is fine.

The GMT bezel clicks on 1 minute intervals both ways - very firm, positive action. The crown is big, but smooth and easy to operate and the screw down is also very smooth. I like the snowflake and the fact the GMT hand and minute hand extend out to the edge of the dial as it makes reading it much easier. The bracelet is comfortable and feels good quality. If I'm being picky, it only has 3 micro adjustment slots, and I could easily live without the fake rivets but overall very nice and at the price (notwithstanding £2800 is a lot for a watch etc etc) it seems spot on.

It’s a 48 click bezel to allow for half hour time zones so not 1 minute clicks it’s 1.25minute. Glad you love it. I miss mine already

… The GMT bezel clicks on 1 minute intervals both ways - very firm, positive action. … The bracelet is comfortable and feels good quality. If I'm being picky, it only has 3 micro adjustment slots, and I could easily live without the fake rivets but overall very nice and at the price (notwithstanding £2800 is a lot for a watch etc etc) it seems spot on.
    Double check, I’d guess that your bezel clicks 48 times around the dial — or FOUR times between hour markers, not five (one click per minute).

“Fake rivets?” :-\

Master

The bezel clicks 48 times. Not 60.
    In order to time even more zones...

Double check, I’d guess that your bezel clicks 48 times around the dial — or FOUR times between hour markers, not five (one click per minute).

Yes

Craftsman
    Mine arrived yesterday. Will collect it in a week or two

Master

Yes, exactly right - 4 clicks!

Yes, fake rivet things. On the strap, don't do anything

Master
    It’s a 48 click bezel to allow for half hour time zones so not 1 minute clicks it’s 1.25minute. Glad you love it. I miss mine already
    Blimey - you didn't have that long!

Blimey - you didn't have that long!
    It’s in for repair

Blog Entries
    It’s in for repair
    Please elaborate (sorry I haven’t read the 4 pages above)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Please elaborate (sorry I haven’t read the 4 pages above)
    Afternoon of the 9thmorning of the 10th

Craftsman
    What strap is that ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    What strap is that ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Kaufmann vintage on Tudor deployant

Can the date “issue” be replicated manually? Eg. Set to 8 then wind time on? as it might be worth checking correct operation before purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Can the date “issue” be replicated manually? Eg. Set to 8 then wind time on? as it might be worth checking correct operation before purchase.

Don’t think so as the AD tried this and nothing happened - it seems a bit random

Journeyman
    Finally I've picked mine yesterday, superb watch!!

Reading about the date change issues, I recall Rolex 3186 calibre had some issues with the date change, although I am not certain if they were similar.

The 2 Tudors next to my Exp II. Both were reserved. I was no.1 on the list and I had to chose which one is for me. I've got the bracelet version although the strap looks quite nice as well. Will experiment with other straps, currently I have it on Erica's MN straps Trident with red stitching, it looks like it is made for this watch! More pics to follow...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I've just checked mine and it's got the date problem too.

It's a pretty poor show that their quality checks have not picked up what seems like a fairly widespread issue.

A two hour round trip back to the jeweller is a pain in the backside too.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    I've just checked mine and it's got the date problem too.

It's a pretty poor show that their quality checks have not picked up what seems like a fairly widespread issue.

A two hour round trip back to the jeweller is a pain in the backside too.
    Sorry to read that. It is nevertheless fantastic looking watch, so far the accuracy has been spot on!

How long did it took for this problem to manifest? I discussed it with the AD (they are not aware of it... yet) and cycled the dates manually - it was performing as it should during the manual tests, but I understand it needs to be auto engaged for the problem to show.

Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    Finally I've picked mine yesterday, superb watch!!

Reading about the date change issues, I recall Rolex 3186 calibre had some issues with the date change, although I am not certain if they were similar.

The 2 Tudors next to my Exp II. Both were reserved. I was no.1 on the list and I had to chose which one is for me. I've got the bracelet version although the strap looks quite nice as well. Will experiment with other straps, currently I have it on Erica's MN straps Trident with red stitching, it looks like it is made for this watch! More pics to follow...

I genuinely thought the one on the right was a Rolex 6542 GMT

Shame to hear about a relatively common issue, but at least it’ll get sorted (and hopefully quickly).

What’s the timekeeping been like, for those who have the watch a while?