closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Hybrid View

Master
    I had to go to London with my son yesterday so booked an hour in at the AP House to try some watches on. Same as my previous visit, they were fantastic to deal with, really helpful. They knew I wasn’t there to buy but just to have a look.

Unfortunately the black panther has gone (I think they had 2 or 3) as I was hoping to try it on. They said that they had received a lot of mixed reviews from customers and had a lot of backlash. Some long standing clients saying that the CEO had ruined the brand. Reality is that it’s one watch of limited production and it will probablY rise in value. They are trying to get a couple more as they have a list of buyers!

I tried on the new green diver, the vampire chrono (which I’ve not seen before) and a couple of the 44mm ROO’s that have been discontinued. An hour well spent :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I had to go to London with my son yesterday so booked an hour in at the AP House to try some watches on. Same as my previous visit, they were fantastic to deal with, really helpful. They knew I wasn’t there to buy but just to have a look.

Unfortunately the black panther has gone (I think they had 2 or 3) as I was hoping to try it on. They said that they had received a lot of mixed reviews from customers and had a lot of backlash. Some long standing clients saying that the CEO had ruined the brand. Reality is that it’s one watch of limited production and it will probablY rise in value. They are trying to get a couple more as they have a list of buyers!

I tried on the new green diver, the vampire chrono (which I’ve not seen before) and a couple of the 44mm ROO’s that have been discontinued. An hour well spent :-)
    Thanks for the update Steve. What were your thoughts of the green ROO green diver? That’s the new version with updated movement? Is the external shape different, I know there were a few aesthetic changes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Thanks for the update Steve. What were your thoughts of the green ROO green diver? That’s the new version with updated movement? Is the external shape different, I know there were a few aesthetic changes.
    Hi Martyn, I’ve never tried on the previous diver so can’t compare from experience. It wore well and felt comfortable for sure. Whether it’s a 23k watch though, I’m not sure, but then again I could say that about most/all watch brands nowadays.

There’s a cover on it to protect it so not the best photo.

The vampire

Though I love blue, a bit too much for me. Discontinued now and the last one they will have. Already sold.

Last edited by Devonian; 30th April 2021 at 08:01.

Journeyman
    Hi Martyn, I’ve never tried on the previous diver so can’t compare from experience. It wore well and felt comfortable for sure. Whether it’s a 23k watch though, I’m not sure, but then again I could say that about most/all watch brands nowadays.

There’s a cover on it to protect it so not the best photo.

The vampire

Though I love blue, a bit too much for me. Discontinued now and the last one they will have. Already sold.

I did pick up the green offshore discontinued version. Not usually my cup of tea but it was very light being ceramic. Definitely one of the biggest pieces.

How did you find the size of the blue Steve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    I did pick up the green offshore discontinued version. Not usually my cup of tea but it was very light being ceramic. Definitely one of the biggest pieces.

Sorry mate - but those look huge on your wrist. It could be the way the photo is taken.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Sorry mate - but those look huge on your wrist. It could be the way the photo is taken.
    It definitely is massive on my wrist. I’m enjoying it for a bit and it then most likely will let my brother “borrow it” as he is a little larger in stature than me.

Master

The blue looks massive in the picture I took but when I tried it on it didn’t feel as big as it looks. It felt comfortable. I think the new 43mm will feel quite a bit smaller as they are supposed to be more curved. Looking forward to trying them out soon hopefully.

Journeyman
    The blue looks massive in the picture I took but when I tried it on it didn’t feel as big as it looks. It felt comfortable. I think the new 43mm will feel quite a bit smaller as they are supposed to be more curved. Looking forward to trying them out soon hopefully.
    I agree with you. I think it being ceramic makes it more bearable. Yes the 43mm will be interesting to see. Can never tell how APs wear until you have them on.

Master
    I agree with you. I think it being ceramic makes it more bearable. Yes the 43mm will be interesting to see. Can never tell how APs wear until you have them on.
    All the signs are the new releases will wear well, so let’s wait and see. Plus there’s more new releases to be announced in the next couple of months.

Enjoy your new watch, looks great :-)