closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heating oil prices!!!!!!

Master

Heating oil prices!!!!!!

Just ordered 1000 litres, £625, nearly choked on my bacon sarnie, lol.
    Last order was in Sept last year, £495.

Craftsman
    Did you use a company like Boiler juice ?
    I always used to and have found them harder to use and slightly more expensive than going old school and ringing your local supplier.
    but yes its gone shooting up and im hoping to last until spring or summer when should be a little cheaper

We had our Calor gas tank filled on Wednesday, we have a locked rate presently but that will end in April so I am hoping to get another fill up prior to the price hike, what ever that will end up being!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    We had our Calor gas tank filled on Wednesday, we have a locked rate presently but that will end in April so I am hoping to get another fill up prior to the price hike, what ever that will end up being!!
    Same boat here, my deal goes up in March so drawing the tank as much as I can for a fill up next month.

There was a time a few years ago where it was up at 93p/litre!! When the oil price crashed early on in the pandemic I paid just 19p/litre and, if I recall correctly, others on here paid slightly less.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    Did you use a company like Boiler juice ?
    I always used to and have found them harder to use and slightly more expensive than going old school and ringing your local supplier.
    but yes its gone shooting up and im hoping to last until spring or summer when should be a little cheaper
    Always use local suppliers and end up getting a price match from the company that we have used for years, they know where the tank is and how to access it.
    We're going to try and make it last and re-order in spring/summer time from now on, but I'm not sure prices will vary like they used to due to whatever excuse they like use.
    What with the oil and a pallet of kiln dried logs it's an expensive month this month, the joys of living in a rural location and having solid walls 18-24" thick, it takes some heating.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post

Ouch! My last 28sec oil purchase for a timber frame house was 14p/ltr

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    There was a time a few years ago where it was up at 93p/litre!! When the oil price crashed early on in the pandemic I paid just 19p/litre and, if I recall correctly, others on here paid slightly less.
    As Skier remembers, we've had it pretty good over the last year or so .
    Pretty much all of this is down to the political unrest with Russia and Co restricting supply of gas which has a knock on effect all through the fuel market.

It will also be interesting to see what happens if the removal of red diesel for construction and other sectors goes through in April.

It has been going up for decades, it was a long while back but i remember when i was paying £140 for 1000 litres when i first converted to Oil

Master
    I think we got it as low as 17.5p in the height of the pandemic.

We always used local firms who were happy to price match and discovered a few ago that many of them had been bought up by the big firms like Certas and had kept their names! Used boiler juice for the 1st time a couple of months back and they were fine to deal with and the most competitive.

Master
    Had 1k litres just before Xmas was £555.45.

I keep a close eye on my usage😈😈

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Had 1k litres just before Xmas was £555.45.

I keep a close eye on my usage

I'd hate to see your sock drawer, lol.

Try NWF fuels who run out of avonmouth…very reasonable

Master
    Anyone ordered oil lately?
    Speaking to a mate earlier who had an order for delivery today, ( not heating oil but for his machinery/generator etc ), he got a phone call to say it had been cancelled and they're not sure when they can deliver, or at what price, he rang other companies and got the same answer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone ordered oil lately?
    Speaking to a mate earlier who had an order for delivery today, ( not heating oil but for his machinery/generator etc ), he got a phone call to say it had been cancelled and they're not sure when they can deliver, or at what price, he rang other companies and got the same answer.
    Filled up with 1060 litres a fortnight ago. 73p per litre plus 5% VAT. But I'm glad I've got a full tank to last a while.

Master
    I topped up a few weeks back for 61p from memory so I’ve got a good supply, but checked out of curiosity the other day and it was around 125p. One of the suppliers I use emailed me to say that they cannot give any dates on delivery at the moment or guarantee a price. Had a similar email from Certas as well and they are one of the biggest. Not good at all right now.

Master
    Just to see what its like around here, I've just put details into boiler juice and it's 190 per litre!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hopefully ours will last until things settle down a bit, I can always rip up the floorboards and keep the log burner going, lol.

Master

Heating oil prices!!!!!!

Bad news round my way. Nobody taking on new customers and paid £1.17 per litre to my usual supplier with a 3 week lead time

Master
    My mate supplies it. He lost £200 on a delivery last week. Quoted a customer at 70p next day it was 90p. Long standing customer so stood by the quote. Today it’s 120p and they’re not quoting, if you want it you just have to pay the price on the day. He’s a good honest supplier and tries to keep his margin the same whether he pays 20p a litre or 120p a litre..

He brings it in from the refinery in his own tankers so the cost of the diesel that goes into them and then the delivery tankers also has to be factored in. He said the whole thing is a nightmare.
    Last edited by Enoch; 9th March 2022 at 20:27.

I had 1000 litres delivered today. Ordered about 3 weeks ago. They (YourNRG) usually deliver within a few days so I was starting to worry that they may have cancelled my order!

I paid 71ppl plus 5% VAT.

I shudder to think what the next lot will cost in Oct/Nov.

Master
    I managed to order 100 litres on the 23/2 at 63.99. I winched a bit at that but I felt there might be a price issue...
    As above I put a quote into BJ today and got 199.99, that's over £2k for 1000 litres. Bloody bugger if you need some.

Master
    Keep your tanks secure guys….people are gonna start nicking it if they can get access to it..

Any mileage in vegetable oil? As little as £1/litre in supermarket and obviously cheaper in bulk or even reclaimed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Keep your tanks secure guys….people are gonna start nicking it if they can get access to it..
    If you can secure the access to your tank (rather than the tank itself) so much the better. But I would think twice before locking the lid on a tank as the low life's will simply drill a hole in the tank, so you end up losing your oil and also have to repair or buy a new tank.

£1.00 per litre was paid in our village yesterday.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Boilerjuice gave me a quote of £1.98 per litre last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve just bought a house out in the sticks that is on oil. Wish I hadn’t opened this thread now!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tbh, I started buying oil in 1996 and at that time 1000 litres was costing about £640. I paid a slightly less about 4 weeks ago. Hopefully the supply issues will be resolved within 12 months - that said, I anticipate we will be glad if we are only paying £600 this time next year…

Master
    I used to screw a bar across the filling opening between deliveries, was advised not to for the reason above.
    Bad enough having your oil nicked but having your tank ruined at the same time would not be good.
    Maybe it will be like mad max the way we’re going, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Boilerjuice gave me a quote of £1.98 per litre last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd be cheaper filling up at the pumps!!

If I was stealing oil, I'd spin the valve at the bottom. Disconnect the hardline and fit my theft-line and open the valve.
    The filling cap seems like a silly way to steal it or secure it.

We have a dummy CCTV camera pointing at ours and a sign which says "If you can read this, I can see you too"
    I think you just want a thief to baulk for one second, and move onto another property.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    If I was stealing oil, I'd spin the valve at the bottom. Disconnect the hardline and fit my theft-line and open the valve.
    The filling cap seems like a silly way to steal it or secure it.

We have a dummy CCTV camera pointing at ours and a sign which says "If you can read this, I can see you too"
    I think you just want a thief to baulk for one second, and move onto another property.
    I think they are relying on arriving with just a small 12v pump, and a long suction hose to feed into the filler. I don't think they want to be screwing around with the suction line - as it will still require a 12v pump/hose onto the disconnected pipe.

I ordered 3 weeks ago at 61p, was delivered last week. Out of interest, just went on boilerjuice now and they're not even quoting

The company I use it currently quoting £1.15ppl for 1000 litres.

Still double what I paid 2 weeks ago, but not the triple that it was yesterday! Crazy moves.

Master
    We have friends that live in a big 200 year old plus house up on a big hill out in the wilds of Yorkshire they just filled up their tank up dread to think what it cost them

over 70p per litre now and going up daily

remember the days of 14p per litre lol

Master
    Was talking to my mate earlier, ( same one as mentioned previously ), his phone rang and the oil company said they could deliver next week but could not give him a price until the day before, apparently oil prices are going up approx 5p per litre daily.
    On a side note, I went to fill up my van earlier and the local Tesco garage was running dry with people queuing to top with £10/20 worth, they even had someone guiding people in to try and move things along a bit, what is happening in this country!!!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

70p? you're joking, where can you get it that cheap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

Surely £1.70
    Let me knowif it is £0.70 and I'll take 10000ltrs haha