closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine solidarity NATO from The Strap Tailor

Ukraine solidarity NATO from The Strap Tailor

Many of you will have got this email from David but for those who aren’t on his mailing list I thought this may be of interest to some of you. These are £30 and can be bought from the website. Email and pic copied below:

Help Me To Support The Red Cross!
    Hi Everyone
    I trust you are keeping well

This is a Limited Edition Woven Ribbed NATO created in partnership with Justin Hast (@justin_hast_) to support the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal

We are sure many of you share the same feeling of helplessness when reading the news each day watching the Ukraine crisis unfold. The watch community is an incredibly compassionate and collaborative group of individuals and we felt that together we could do something that would enable us to contribute and give back in whatever way possible in supporting the Red Cross

All profits from the sale of these NATO’s will go to the Red Cross to help someone affected get:

Food

Water

First Aid

Medicines

Warm Clothes

Shelter

Justin, myself and the weave supplier have done everything we can to turn this around as quick as possible and to reduce the strap costs to make this a success. We hope you can help us to support this great cause

Lead Time: This is a bespoke order and we will be ordering the total volume based on the support received. Initially we are aiming for 150 units of each size to enable us to bespoke dye the weaves. If we receive more we will order more! Our supplier expects a 30-45 day turnaround time once we close the order books and go to manufacture so please bear this in mind when ordering

Your Commitment: There will be no refunds/exchanges offered on these straps – all sales are final as we are donating all proceeds to The Red Cross. This will be a term you accept when purchasing the strap and committing to your donation

Material: Heavy Ballistic Nylon – beautifully woven. Heat sealed pin holes

Stock Strap Length: 280mm – including buckle

Lug Width: 20mm | 22mm

Thickness: 1.2mm

Buckle: Brushed Steel with our brand logo laser engraved – 316L Steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolut are also offering to match any donations to Ukraine Red Cross at the moment.

A lovely idea but it doesn’t really make any sense. I think I’d rather donate the £30 to the Red Cross rather than just the profits from the sales. Quicker, easier and worth more to them in monetary terms.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    A lovely idea but it doesn’t really make any sense. I think I’d rather donate the £30 to the Red Cross rather than just the profits from the sales. Quicker, easier and worth more to them in monetary terms.
    For some it's a demonstration of both solidarity with the Ukrainian people and a low-key means to encourage others to contribute by demonstrating that they have done so. I usually shy-away from calling attention to charitable donations, but have come to realise that by not doing so, I'm possibly failing to encourage some others.

I’ve donated elsewhere but I’ve ordered one, I think it’s a great idea and another good way to show some support. Lots of people wearing poppy pins, Help for Heroes wristbands etc, so why not?

Blue and yellow also happen to be one of my most favouritist colour combos, innit.

Likewise I've donated elsewhere, but ordered one on the basis of it being a visible reminder to anyone who sees it, and hopefully encourages others to donate in whichever way they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Likewise I've donated elsewhere, but ordered one on the basis of it being a visible reminder to anyone who sees it, and hopefully encourages others to donate in whichever way they see fit.
    Yes. Just this. Money and message, two separate things.

Thanks for the heads-up, FG.

Nice strap!

You want to help Ukraine? One simple way is to use less gas, much of which comes from Russia. Turn your thermostat down or, better, turn the central heating off and put on a nice big jumper. You'll be saving money, fighting climate change AND helping the Ukraine. (Current temperature in the Vicarage: 12°c and I'm more than warm enough with a merino wool baselayer and a knitted sweater.) It's a easy win but I wonder how many people will actually do it?

Thanks for the heads up - I've asked if there is any chance of 24mm. I suspect not but fingers crossed.

Now I'm wishing I hadn't sold this little gem:

Just bought a couple of them.

Thanks for the heads-up.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Rich ( Toshi ) posted on FB a beautiful leather one he made in those colours. Great to see support like this.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Zulu Alpha straps are doing the same but with 100% of sales going to charity.

Anyone else notice the irony of a Ukrainian NATO (sic) strap?

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Nice!
    Well played.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Nice!
    I had wondered about that

Nice!
    Ha! Doubly good.

Just ordered an Zulu Alpha one. Made in the UK from British webbing and all proceeds (not just profits) go to charity

I've just placed an order and the confirmation suggests that they'll close the books on Sunday. For anyone sitting on the fence...
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Just ordered an Zulu Alpha one. Made in the UK from British webbing and all proceeds (not just profits) go to charity
    It’s not a competition but proceeds usually means what’s left over after costs.

^ they are donating 100% of sales.

Onto the Alpha Zulu straps themselves, how comfortable are they (e.g. including the tri-glide buckle, which does look quite clunky)? I am tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    It’s not a competition but proceeds usually means what’s left over after costs.
    I get that but buying a strap made in China where only the profits go to Ukraine is a lesser proposition imho.

Also I've been looking for an excuse to to try the ZA ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I've just placed an order and the confirmation suggests that they'll close the books on Sunday. For anyone sitting on the fence...
    Ordered a couple (the zulualpha ones) too.

We will make and sell Ukrainian Straps and donate 100% of sales (not profit) to the Ukraine fund for Save the children.

A polyester, tubular, bonded strap in Ukrainian colours.

The strap is 1.2mm thick and is fairly rigid to the touch. Made to withstand arduous environments. The polyester has been designed to provide a higher abrasion resistance than a standard Nylon watch Strap. Along with the abrasion resistance the properties of the polyester mean it will also dry faster than conventional straps. Perfect to maintain comfort on operations, this strap is tough and enduring.

Shipping - This is a pre order, from the pictures above you can see that we have already started production on the webbing. We expect to have it with our production team by the 9th give or take a couple of days. We will start the manufacturing process immediately after that followed by fulfilment.

Hand made in the United Kingdom using British webbing
    The link is here https://zulualphastraps.com/products/ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post

Many of you will have got this email from David but for those who aren’t on his mailing list I thought this may be of interest to some of you. These are £30 and can be bought from the website. Email and pic copied below:

Help Me To Support The Red Cross!
    Hi Everyone
    I trust you are keeping well

This is a Limited Edition Woven Ribbed NATO created in partnership with Justin Hast (@justin_hast_) to support the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal
    Update.

Together We Have Raised £12,000
    Hi EveryoneI trust you are keeping well

Thank you so so much for your support! We are so overwhelmed by the response to our campaign, I didn't think we would even raise half of this so I am incredibly pleased to say the least. What a privilege to say we have a community like this! This morning I am finalising the order (plus extra incase of shipping issues etc) with the weave supplier and will then make the payment for the NATO's to kick off the dying process etc. Once that has been made and shipping calculated etc, I can finalise the donation to the Red Cross and expect to make that within 24 hours. Once the donation has been made I will be sharing the receipt and confirmation both on Instagram and here on the email - keep an eye out. As a reminder, I expect the straps to take approx 30-45 days to complete but will keep you all updated via email when they are finished and ready to ship. Please be patient during this time, it has been an incredibly fast turnaround already so we will try and expedite where possible. Thank you all again, overwhelmed would be an understatement!All sales are now closed, no further orders will be taken
    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Thank you all for your support on this gents. Greatly appreciated, moneys where it needs to be and we have already started shipping orders. May take us a week or so to get through them all due to the volume but thanks for helping us make this happen! Daz - Z.A.S.C

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I'm sorry that I missed out on these but I'm glad that so much money has been raised. Great way to show support and raise some funds.

I'll look forward to seeing them appear on the Friday thread.

Bark and Jack are making one too:

https://barkandjack.com/products/ltd...42774968205563

Sold out. I got an email from another seller yesterday and when I opened the link they were sold out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Sold out. I got an email from another seller yesterday and when I opened the link they were sold out too.
    22mm still in stock

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matelot View Post
    Thank you all for your support on this gents. Greatly appreciated, moneys where it needs to be and we have already started shipping orders. May take us a week or so to get through them all due to the volume but thanks for helping us make this happen! Daz - Z.A.S.C

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
    Great effort!

Still need to get a Blackbeard when they are back in.

Wearing this as a reminder and a sign. Very impressed with Zulu Alpha -- my first but not my last strap from them. Слава Україні!

Are Omega also showing solidarity?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...-031cwz010660w

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    That’s Sweden!

My Zulu Alpha arrived…

All good, though the D-ring buckle taxes my civvie brain

Master
    Out of stock!

When someone's product or service is bad, I let them know. When it's good I let them *and others* know. So with that in mind I've just sent this message to Zulu Alpha:

Hello,

I bought a Zulu Alpha "Ukraine" strap. I have a lot of straps (and I mean A LOT) but I just wanted to get in touch and say how impressed I am with your product. The tri-glide buckle is brilliant and the webbing is seriously heavy duty. The whole construction is well executed and I am delighted with it. A colleague of mine also bought one on my recommendation and he loves his, too. Keep up the good work!

Thanks again

Ollie

Here is the Bark & Jack version.

Great quality strap. I like that 'coffee and peace' is written in Ukrainian on the hardware.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 26th April 2022 at 17:20.

TST version arrived this AM:

It's certainly a good strong strap, with a very nice buckle. It is also by far the stiffest NATO I have ever owned, probably last a lifetime. The colours seem a little less 'solid' than I expected. For charity, I'm fine with the price, but not sure it's a £26 product in the standard range.

Ah, you beat me to it...

Last edited by Cornholio; 26th April 2022 at 18:26.

My 'The Strap Tailor' Ukraine strap arrived today. Ballistic nylon, put it on this G Shock and actually very flexible and comfortable. The weave is very nice too.

Master
    Mine arrived today. Deliberating which watch to put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lippy View Post
    Mine arrived today. Deliberating which watch to put on.
    My two also arrived today, same dilemma for tomorropw.

R

Journeyman
    These are great. I’ll have to get one for sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy9 View Post
    These are great. I’ll have to get one for sure.
    Still out of stock☹️

Master
    Mine arrived from TST yesterday, great quality and well worth the wait.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Wow, that is a lovely combo. You have some intriguing chronos.

Still waiting!