closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***URGENT INFORMATION ABOUT ORDERS PLACED ON 13 SEPTEMBER***

***URGENT INFORMATION ABOUT ORDERS PLACED ON 13 SEPTEMBER***

I logged onto SagePay this morning to release payment on the next batch of orders I was shipping today and discovered that the authority to release payment has expired. Payment for the 208 orders not shipped so far cannot be taken and I have no option but to cancel them.

If you ordered the 36mm black dial Everest and your order number is higher than RC23967972, it will not now be shipped.

If you ordered any other watch with an order number higher than RC23968322, it will not now be shipped.

I apologise for any disappointment this may cause, I was not aware that this could happen. In future, the number of orders accepted will be limited to 300 orders, which I can comfortably ship in 30 days.

My nephew was helping me with packing but this is no longer an option because Sheffield has been classified as a "High Risk" area and he's not allowed to visit.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Blimey - that's a shame because I thought your 'half-an-hour' ordering window was a much better idea than 'x' number of orders which seemed to disappear pretty quickly.

It's going to be a mad scramble when you release the Navigator...😱

Journeyman
    This is so disappointing! I ordered the black dial 36mm Everest and was so close to making the cut with order nr. 8000. Do you accept Paypal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am probably going to say something stupid, or appear as trying to teach tricks to an old dog, but my intentions are good:

Would it be an option to release 1 model at a time (same dial, handset, on bracelet) and when you think the demand will be high (=always) limit orders to 1 watch per order?
    It would allow you to prepare the packing before the release date (=probably delay release by a week or a fortnight) so you only have the labels to print
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Whilst not personally affected - that's a proper bugger for you and all concerned,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Gutted for those affected

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Isn't there a Sheffield member willing to give a hand, I mean Eddie will obviously have to get dressed whilst packing parcels if he has company but even so......

Eddie doesn't accept PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
    This is so disappointing! I ordered the black dial 36mm Everest and was so close to making the cut with order nr. 8000. Do you accept Paypal?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Eddie doesn't accept PayPal.
    That’s what I figured but thought it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Gutted. Haven’t looked forward to a watch this much for some time and despite a 2.04 order seems I am out of luck....and there is no way to open this up so we can resubmit payment and continue to be patient?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I seem to remember SagePay has become something else. Maybe they have a new and quick workaround?

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the issue here that Eddie, very honourably, doesn't take your money until he posts the watch? Couldn't he simply accept all funds at the outset, that way not running into the 30-day barrier? Yes, it would mean that he is accepting the money before dispatch, but that seems a better option than limiting sales.

Journeyman
    I’m hoping Eddie will figure out some sort of workaround with Sagepay. If not, I’ll just put the money towards another watch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    I seem to remember SagePay has become something else. Maybe they have a new and quick workaround?
    I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them this morning. It isn't SagePay's ruling (now Opayo), it's a banking rule applied worldwide.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by dicky8588 View Post
    Gutted. Haven’t looked forward to a watch this much for some time and despite a 2.04 order seems I am out of luck....and there is no way to open this up so we can resubmit payment and continue to be patient?

I've been thinking of how to do just this but if I open it up, anyone could place an order and there's no guarantee that the people who missed out would be successful.

Eddie

Journeyman
    Hi Eddie,
    Such a shame as I was really looking forward to my watches. I, for one, would be happy to settle up a Paypal invoice if you sent one - even if you had to put a bit on top for fees. TBH, I’d rather do that than another Sunday scrum - life is exhausting enough at the moment.

Craftsman
    This is indeed disappointing . Those of us who have not made the cut for the payment of watches we ordered that are still in stock have got to go through the pot luck of the next bun fight.I am surprised that there is no way to honour these outstanding orders. Very unfortunate for all affected.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JIG67 View Post
    Hi Eddie,
    Such a shame as I was really looking forward to my watches. I, for one, would be happy to settle up a Paypal invoice if you sent one - even if you had to put a bit on top for fees. TBH, I’d rather do that than another Sunday scrum - life is exhausting enough at the moment.
    I would be happy to go this route as well. I had been saving for months for this watch and to not receive it after patiently waiting for a month because of some Sagepay niggle is so frustrating.

Could the affected order numbers be collated into numerical or date order and then re-done by Eddie mailing to ask for payment? Would take some time and work but at least the affected buyers would eventually get their watch.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Could the affected order numbers be collated into numerical or date order and then re-done by Eddie mailing to ask for payment? Would take some time and work but at least the affected buyers would eventually get their watch.
    This is what i was wondering too. Sounds good and fair to me.

No criticism meant here, but where this system falls down is one poor b*gger trying to pack and ship all on his own. Can I suggest adding say £5-£10 on every watch and have someone else do the packing/shipping for you. I understand that you might not be happy letting it move out of your hands from wanting to provide an excellent service, so how about as has been suggested above, just one assistant paid out of say £5 extra per watch?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I logged onto SagePay this morning to release payment on the next batch of orders I was shipping today and discovered that the authority to release payment has expired. Payment for the 208 orders not shipped so far cannot be taken and I have no option but to cancel them.

If you ordered the 36mm black dial Everest and your order number is higher than RC23967972, it will not now be shipped.

If you ordered any other watch with an order number higher than RC23968322, it will not now be shipped.

I apologise for any disappointment this may cause, I was not aware that this could happen. In future, the number of orders accepted will be limited to 300 orders, which I can comfortably ship in 30 days.

My nephew was helping me with packing but this is no longer an option because Sheffield has been classified as a "High Risk" area and he's not allowed to visit.

Eddie

Small point, but isn't your nephew working? As such, it's not really a 'visit' as such.

I'm sitting in a building about 3 miles from you (under the same restrictions) with 8 people I don't live with, but that's fine because we're all here to work.

Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    This is what i was wondering too. Sounds good and fair to me.
    I agree with this.

Sending payment links to the outstanding orders seems like a fair solution, but obviously involves additional costs and labour and requires a payment link provider.

Eddie,
    The 'work' / 'employee' work-around seems a pretty good one to get around these barbaric Covid restrictions. I accept that it doesn't solve the payment issue.
    The "2.5% and collect the funds through PayPal" suggestion seems a very good idea for this particular problem - it's very quick to set up. I'm happy to help with setting this up and the emailing / chasing up of payments if that helps - due lockdown I'm not busy atm. Give me a call if you would like that assistance.
    Going forward, could the funds not be accepted up front?
    Last edited by fm.tz; 14th October 2020 at 14:39.

I am up for any and all suggestion to minimise workload for Eddie and get my Everest ! Set up a paypal account and I can send you the money with my order ref or I can courier the cash to Sheffield! At this stage.....anything :)

I'll try to think of something but it will be restricted to Everests only.

Eddie

Apprentice

I will gladly...

Pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today! No, No, No! All joking aside, I will gladly pay with Paypal.me, Paypal, Venmo, or even Western Union. I ordered an Everest Expedition and hope that this is included.

Apprentice

BTW

Paypal.me can transfer money between individuals and doesn't always charge a fee. I have sold and bought several saxophones with it

Craftsman

Eddie

Mr Platts does this therefore include Everest Expeditions;they are Everests

Master
    Obviously (well to me anyway) nothing to do with me but what is wrong with bank transfer?

Bugger

Im 23968400 for an Expedition

Disappointing

At least I managed to get hold of a black dial so all is not lost

Last edited by Velorum; 14th October 2020 at 21:20.

Apprentice

hmmm

Well that's certainly disappointing.

So I'm assuming there is no priority system in place where we can contact timefactors and reorder without waiting for the next window to reopen.

Since you have no current orders pending, does that mean we can expect an open window forthright?

Edit: Excuse me for rehashing the comments previously made by forum members, didn't take the time to read the posts prior to posting. Guessing it wasn't meant to be...
    Last edited by fastfras; 14th October 2020 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    Well that's certainly disappointing.

So I'm assuming there is no priority system in place where we can contact timefactors and reorder without waiting for the next window to reopen.

Since you have no current orders pending, does that mean we can expect an open window forthright?
    Eddie is TimeFactors.

Hold fire just for now.

Keep an eye on this thread and there'll be an update at some point.

As frustrating as this is for the buyers (the buyers must be raging) imagine it from Eddie's side, too. He's just lost 208 orders which is a serious amount of money. I'm sure his feelings are a multiple of yours if you have one of the cancelled orders.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Open Offer:
    If Eddie is prepared (and legally allowed) to provide me with the customer details, I'm prepared to engage with all the customers, collect the payments, and forward all the funds (including a breakdown of who has paid and who has decided to cancel their orders) to Eddie when he's ready. I will do this at no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    Open Offer:
    If Eddie is prepared (and legally allowed) to provide me with the customer details, I'm prepared to engage with all the customers, collect the payments, and forward all the funds (including a breakdown of who has paid and who has decided to cancel their orders) to Eddie when he's ready. I will do this at no charge.
    A very honourable offer.

But I think the customers would need to give permission to share that information. And if you collect the payments there might be tax implications as this is tens of thousands of pounds.

I'm not an expert though.

Apprentice

Eddie
    With all due respect Mr Platts, that solution is an additional kick in the bollocks to those that have chosen, and ordered, a watch other than an Everest. It is hoped you might reconsider your response to the matter.

Please don't take my criticism personal or harsh, It's not intended as a rebuke to your method of business nor personage. I merely want my watch.

Apprentice
    I'd be very happy to bank transfer you the money Eddie. Like others in the cut I've been waiting weeks for this so no rush, but it would seem unfair for us to then be stuck to the next ordering window with no priority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    A very honourable offer.

But I think the customers would need to give permission to share that information. And if you collect the payments there might be tax implications as this is tens of thousands of pounds.

I'm not an expert though.
    Possibly, but I think these issues are all avoidable with simple things; eg I 'sign a contract' with Eddie making me an employee - this would get around GDPR and allow data to be held by me. As all funds would pass through a separate account, and would at all times be 'TimeFactors money', I don't believe there would be any additional tax obligations as these are levied on the ultimate Company profit.

Hmmm - a takeover attempt after only two months.
    You are Gordon Gekko and I claim my £10.00
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Eddie is TimeFactors.

Hold fire just for now.

Keep an eye on this thread and there'll be an update at some point.
    Best advice so far.....give him a bit to sort things out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    With all due respect Mr Platts, that solution is an additional kick in the bollocks to those that have chosen, and ordered, a watch other than an Everest. It is hoped you might reconsider your response to the matter.

Please don't take my criticism personal or harsh, It's not intended as a rebuke to your method of business nor personage. I merely want my watch.
    I think the implication here is that the other models are and will be still available so you can order the one you want when he’s next open.

You will therefore not lose out whereas those who’ve bought a watch that’s now out of stock, would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think the implication here is that the other models are and will be still available so you can order the one you want when he’s next open.

You will therefore not lose out whereas those who’ve bought a watch that’s now out of stock, would.
    I think that your right

I had an email from Eddie yesterday saying that he was sorting something out - but it would only relate to the 36mm black dials

White dials and Expeditions are still in stock so its a matter of fastest fingers first when the shop re-opens for them!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I think that your right

I had an email from Eddie yesterday saying that he was sorting something out - but it would only relate to the 36mm black dials

White dials and Expeditions are still in stock so its a matter of fastest fingers first when the shop re-opens for them!
    That’s encouraging news for those of us who ordered the black dial Everest.

Apprentice

Sucks to be me

I waited a month for a Smiths Everest Explorer. Why just the black dials?

Quote Originally Posted by Larimus View Post
    They are in the greatest demand and shortest supply.

When I ordered my two watches I completed the checkout process for the first (black dial) before ordering the second (Explorer).

Pleased I did this as the extra time taken to add the second watch and then checkout both together would have resulted either in both being out of stock by the time I had finished or being caught in the group of orders that can now not be processed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    They are in the greatest demand and shortest supply.

When I ordered my two watches I completed the checkout process for the first (black dial) before ordering the second (Explorer).

Pleased I did this as the extra time taken to add the second watch and then checkout both together would have resulted either in both being out of stock by the time I had finished or being caught in the group of orders that can now not be processed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Eddie is also a one man band and can only do so much. He’s clearly trying to do the fairest thing for everybody, given the extra workload that sorting this out entails.

Journeyman

Lightbulb Break it into steps...

Eddie
    Several people have noted that those who just got cancelled should be at the head of queue. That makes sense.

Besides that, maybe it would be useful for Eddie to hire/trust/delegate the email/www/digital paperwork to someone who can process orders and then pass shipping info to Eddie?

Such a paperwork/shipping division of labor could minimise time, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Eddie is also a one man band and can only do so much. He’s clearly trying to do the fairest thing for everybody, given the extra workload that sorting this out entails.
    .....please keep this in mind....

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app