closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waiting for new stock at Meranom

Journeyman

Waiting for new stock at Meranom

I've got a bit of a hankering for a Vostok Zissou but they're currently out of stock at Meranom. I've signed up for a stock alert, but while I wait, does anyone know how long they usually take to restock lines like these?

Journeyman
    Or for that matter, any other recommended sellers?

Don't know about a Zissou, but for all thigns Russian, you can't go wrong with https://www.poljot24.de/

No affiliation, just great experiences since I first got a Vostok and a Poljot in 2001.

Journeyman
    Ta - lots of tempting stuff on there, I see, although not what I was looking for, sadly.

There was also a Russian eBay seller - zenitar - that everyone used to recommend, who appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

How much?

Crikey

Black dial one is nearer the film version I think - and needs to be on a rubber strap

Quote Originally Posted by yorkio View Post

There was also a Russian eBay seller - zenitar - that everyone used to recommend, who appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
    Thats a shame, he was OK - I bought quite a few items from him.

Journeyman
    I'm too much of a tightwad to pay £125 for one, particularly if it needs a strap too!

I think I'm just going to have to dig in and wait for some more to roll out of the factory. It looks like most of the Russki dealers are out of stock too, so I guess they're just a bit back-ordered on that particular model.

The Vostok cognoscenti have long since given up on Meranom and now buy direct. In my experience the latter has proved as reliable, but cheaper and (surprisingly) quicker. They have stock too, which helps. Picked up a Zissou recently. No hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    The Vostok cognoscenti have long since given up on Meranom and now buy direct. In my experience the latter has proved as reliable, but cheaper and (surprisingly) quicker. They have stock too, which helps. Picked up a Zissou recently. No hassles.
    Agree, however they don't (surprisingly) have this model at the moment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    Don't know about a Zissou, but for all thigns Russian, you can't go wrong with https://www.poljot24.de/

No affiliation, just great experiences since I first got a Vostok and a Poljot in 2001.
    Damn you- there's an Alexander Shorokhoff that I have fallen for...

Master
    I'm going to try going direct, I'm searching for either a 2426.02 movement or a 960762 donor watch for a project.

Journeyman
    Ha! You know, I think I'd somehow convinced myself that Meranom actually *was* the factory shop, possibly because they seem to be the only place selling those engraved Zissou casebacks.

The *actual* factory shop does appear to be a fair bit cheaper than anyone else too. Now all I've got to do is work out why I can't seem to get it to validate my card at checkout…

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Agree, however they don't (surprisingly) have this model at the moment.
    They do. Or at least, it certainly looks like they do.

https://online.vostokinc.com/amfibij...mfibiya-420526

I'm trying not to get too put off by the autotranslator on the site, which translates Add to basket as In Garbage!

They do. Or at least, it certainly looks like they do.

https://online.vostokinc.com/amfibij...mfibiya-420526

I'm trying not to get too put off by the autotranslator on the site, which translates Add to basket as In Garbage!
    Ah, when I looked I thought it was out of stock!

I've bought plenty from there without issue.

Got a spare Zissou caseback if of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I'm going to try going direct, I'm searching for either a 2426.02 movement or a 960762 donor watch for a project.
    Good luck with that, stock was wiped out when Meranom started selling the LD components.

Journeyman
    Ah, when I looked I thought it was out of stock!

I've bought plenty from there without issue.

Got a spare Zissou caseback if of interest.
    I might give you a shout if I can ever work out how to get them to accept my Mastercard.

I might give you a shout if I can ever work out how to get them to accept my Mastercard.
    Think I massively struggled the first time.

If you're using Chrome, use the translate function in the address bar - I think there was something I couldn't work out until I used that.

It's about £50 delivered using postal option from Komandirskie

Journeyman
    Think I massively struggled the first time.

If you're using Chrome, use the translate function in the address bar - I think there was something I couldn't work out until I used that.
    It all *appears* to be working OK. It's just the payment bit where it all goes wrong and I get a message from my bank telling me that authentication has failed because the card details don't match my records. There are only four fields to fill in anyway so I suspect it's the formatting of my name in my profile which is wonky.

Master
    Good luck with that, stock was wiped out when Meranom started selling the LD components.
    The Luna Dude is the project. I have the bezel, dial & hands plus a 150 case. I didn't bother with the strap as I have a black leather one in mind. I was on the list but didn't like the idea of the new proposal - it was more expensive & not a Vostok which was kind of the original point. I can wait for a movement or donor but I don't do patience terribly well so any new avenues are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    The Luna Dude is the project. I have the bezel, dial & hands plus a 150 case. I didn't bother with the strap as I have a black leather one in mind. I was on the list but didn't like the idea of the new proposal - it was more expensive & not a Vostok which was kind of the original point. I can wait for a movement or donor but I don't do patience terribly well so any new avenues are welcome.
    I kind of assumed it was, as that's the only reason everyone's hunting for that movement!

I really don't think there are any in the supply chain, your best bet is probably eBay (but likely to carry a high premium).

Master
    I kind of assumed it was, as that's the only reason everyone's hunting for that movement!

I really don't think there are any in the supply chain, your best bet is probably eBay (but likely to carry a high premium).
    I think you are right. I may have to just put the bits away until the mania subsides & parts start to become available again.
    I'm intrigued by the fact that Meranom et al seem to lurch along arrhythmically, one time there are movements but no cases, next time there's dials but no straps! It's not how I'd imagined the production being done.

Use ApplePay.

Journeyman
    Use ApplePay.
    It's card only, despite the Google Pay and Apple Pay icons.

Like I said, I suspect it’s the wacky Russki form and its name formatting that's putting a spanner in the works. There are three separate name fields - one for my name plus my patronymic* name, one for my patronymic name alone, and then one for my surname. There's no separate field for first name. Lord only knows how all of that is being presented to First Direct's payment portal.

* I don't really have one of those, obviously.

@ed335d If you've ordered successfully from there, if you get a chance at some point, would you mind taking a look at what format your name is saved in?

Like I said, I suspect it’s the wacky Russki form and its name formatting that's putting a spanner in the works. There are three separate name fields - one for my name plus my patronymic* name, one for my patronymic name alone, and then one for my surname. There's no separate field for first name. Lord only knows how all of that is being presented to First Direct's payment portal.

* I don't really have one of those, obviously.

@ed335d If you've ordered successfully from there, if you get a chance at some point, would you mind taking a look at what format your name is saved in?
    I've just checked my account.

Name & patronymic = first name (although just first initial on my card)
    Surname = initials of middle names (as per my card)
    Surname = surname

I used ApplePay the last time I bought from them (last month). No problems.

Journeyman
    I used ApplePay the last time I bought from them (last month). No problems.
    Huh, now that's odd - when I select that method, it looks like it's going to work and I even get as far as doing the double-clicky ID thing on my phone, but then it fails to validate.

Journeyman
    I deleted and re-input my debit card in my Apple wallet and finally I managed to place an order!

Still have no idea why I couldn't make a regular bank payment, but hey ho…

Thanks, all.

I suppose I should post up the Luna Dude I made just to rub it in :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I suppose I should post up the Luna Dude I made just to rub it in :D

Still trying to muster up the enthusiasm

Still trying to muster up the enthusiasm?
    I know how you feel. Was it worth the hassle? The Luna Dude went straight into a box while the watch I made out of the leftover Neptune case has been on my wrist for last 2 weeks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I know how you feel. Was it worth the hassle? The Luna Dude went straight into a box while the watch I made out of the leftover Neptune case has been on my wrist for last 2 weeks.

I'm looking forward to completing my Luna Dude, I think that it & the green Vostok 1 watch will be among my top Vostoks.

Journeyman
    The Luna dude looks great.

Journeyman
    The Luna Dude really does look great, doesn't it? I wish I'd paid a bit more attention. I take it Meranom were just clearing out the bits they'd got in for the project before it collapsed? So there's no chance of any of anything else popping up in the store?

The Luna Dude really does look great, doesn't it? I wish I'd paid a bit more attention. I take it Meranom were just clearing out the bits they'd got in for the project before it collapsed? So there's no chance of any of anything else popping up in the store?
    There's quite a good chance. If they made all 987 pieces, they certainly won't have sold them all.

You can subscribe for email notifications for if/when they come back into stock.

But you'll not find the right movement anywhere.

Journeyman
    There's quite a good chance. If they made all 987 pieces, they certainly won't have sold them all.

You can subscribe for email notifications for if/when they come back into stock.

But you'll not find the right movement anywhere.
    Ah, yes, in all the excitement about spotting the dial and the hands, I'd forgotten about the movement! Oh well.