closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I give up - Sinn EZM2 Bezel Removal?

I give up - Sinn EZM2 Bezel Removal?

I’m looking for a little help please, I’ve tried to find the answer but there is nothing that I can find, it could be that I’m a bit of an idiot but how do you remove the bezel from a Sinn EZM2?

I recently bought one with the steel bezel and I would very much like to change it to the black one.

I have looked but I can’t find anything on this, so before I get the big hammer and pry bar out, could someone shed some light on the correct way to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Master
    Blog Entries
    Turn the pip from 12 to 37 minutes clockwise; then to 5 past anti clockwise, then to 48 minute clockwise and it then pops off ...

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Turn the pip from 12 to 37 minutes clockwise; then to 5 past anti clockwise, then to 48 minute clockwise and it then pops off ...
    You're not serious?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You're not serious?
    I thought everyone knew ... works on Rolex too but not Tudor.

I thought everyone knew ... works on Rolex too but not Tudor.

Master
    Is it a retained bezel? My 857 has has 4 small retaing screws on the side of the bezel. Once taken out then the bezel can be removed.

Bazza here has an impressive collection of Sinn. You could always message him?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Right, I met some resistance turning the bezel clockwise? I managed to attach the mole grips and did get it to move it eventually and I’ve followed the above but still no joy…

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Right, I met some resistance turning the bezel clockwise? I managed to attach the mole grips and did get it to move it eventually and I’ve followed the above but still no joy…
    Did you use a stethoscope? Hard to hit that 48 min exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Did you use a stethoscope? Hard to hit that 48 min exactly.
    Of course, I’m no fool!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry; I forgot the secret instruction which is to turn the watch so the caseback faces you for the clockwise rotations. ;-)

There is usually a spot, around the 7 or 8 indices to get a casde opener in and pry it off.
    Never done it with a Sinn, but have done with Seiko, Tag, and a few others.
    Get a loop or similar and ahve a look aorund the case to see if there is some kind of a recess or void to recieve the tool.*

*OOer, matron!

Blog Entries
    It’s your watch but these are pretty rare nowadays, if it was me I’d be sending it to someone who knew what they were doing! Surely they won’t charge much and better than effin it up!

I’m looking for a little help please, I’ve tried to find the answer but there is nothing that I can find, it could be that I’m a bit of an idiot but how do you remove the bezel from a Sinn EZM2?

I recently bought one with the steel bezel and I would very much like to change it to the black one.

I have looked but I can’t find anything on this, so before I get the big hammer and pry bar out, could someone shed some light on the correct way to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Do you have the black bezel?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Do you have the black bezel?

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    It’s your watch but these are pretty rare nowadays, if it was me I’d be sending it to someone who knew what they were doing! Surely they won’t charge much and better than effin it up!
    It may end up that way but if nothing else I’d still like to know as I’ve drawn a blank with my search.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    I'm with Rob on this. I sent mine to TWR after it came back from Sinn with a misaligned bezel. They turned it around and had it back to me in 3 working days. I would recommend them

Getting the bezel of is easy but to get the insert out once the bezel is off drop it in some very hot water to soften the glue
    or something like WD40 that way you should be able to get the insert off , if you do us WD40 wash it off before fitting the new one

Sorry to thread jack but has anyone sent an oil filled back to Sinn recently for a service/work?

I ask as I heard of stories of watches getting hung up in customs and some not making it out, mine needs a battery change/service and only the mothership can do this, I'm in Germany later this year so if push comes to shove I could take it with me and internal post..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Sorry to thread jack but has anyone sent an oil filled back to Sinn recently for a service/work?

I ask as I heard of stories of watches getting hung up in customs and some not making it out, mine needs a battery change/service and only the mothership can do this, I'm in Germany later this year so if push comes to shove I could take it with me and internal post..
    I asked them about servicing a EZM2 Hydro. They said said it has to go back to The mothership.

Yes, mine went back for a battery change. It must have been at the beginning of last year as I sent it before Brexit and got it back afterwards. Sinn handled all of the VAT and export papers at their end. It wasn't unduly held up in customs, a couple of days. At least it didn't feel long after Sinn had had it for 15 weeks!!

Master

TWR said they can do the required work when I was chatting to them last year.

Thanks all

I have spoken to a couple of repairers / suppliers, including Sinn.

I’m pretty sure that if I do change it, it will be done by a third party but I wouldn’t rule out doing it myself just yet.

I’m still waiting for confirmation of the cost of the bezel from Sinn and TWR.

It’s good to know for sure how to do it, I had seen Bazzas video on removing the other bezels with the screws but couldn’t find anything definitive for the EZM2.

I also need to decide whether to purchase the correct bead blasted bracelet or try to get the polished bracelet it came with blasted?

Thanks all

I have spoken to a couple of repairers / suppliers, including Sinn.

I’m pretty sure that if I do change it, it will be done by a third party but I wouldn’t rule out doing it myself just yet.

I’m still waiting for confirmation of the cost of the bezel from Sinn and TWR.

It’s good to know for sure how to do it, I had seen Bazzas video on removing the other bezels with the screws but couldn’t find anything definitive for the EZM2.

I also need to decide whether to purchase the correct bead blasted bracelet or try to get the polished bracelet it came with blasted?
    Hi I haven't done a video yet were I remove the EZM2 bezel but I I'm doing a video on which bracelets fit which watches I have as they are different and depends
    if your EZM2 has the folded end links or solid ones

The EZM2 bracelet 2.8mm thick
    EZM1 2.8mm
    556 3.3mm
    104 3.8mm
    EZM13 3.8mm
    UX & U2 3.8mm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Yes, mine went back for a battery change. It must have been at the beginning of last year as I sent it before Brexit and got it back afterwards. Sinn handled all of the VAT and export papers at their end. It wasn't unduly held up in customs, a couple of days. At least it didn't feel long after Sinn had had it for 15 weeks!!
    Thanks, 15 weeks is a long time but the problem I was concerned about was the watch going missing, I know its unlikely but stories are out there of this happening and its not exactly easy to buy another if it does go walkabout..

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    TWR said they can do the required work when I was chatting to them last year.
    I did hear they couldn't work on the oil filled watches but perhaps they now have the equipment, if so that would be brilliant news for us UK owners, save the hassle of what is now international shipping and customs, I'll give them a call Monday..

I did hear they couldn't work on the oil filled watches but perhaps they now have the equipment, if so that would be brilliant news for us UK owners, save the hassle of what is now international shipping and customs, I'll give them a call Monday..
    I spoke to them this week and was told that they couldn’t do the oil filled work, they have the technology for everything but that. They were very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Hi I haven't done a video yet were I remove the EZM2 bezel but I I'm doing a video on which bracelets fit which watches I have as they are different and depends
    if your EZM2 has the folded end links or solid ones

The EZM2 bracelet 2.8mm thick
    EZM1 2.8mm
    556 3.3mm
    104 3.8mm
    EZM13 3.8mm
    UX & U2 3.8mm
    Thanks for that. It has folded end links, I will take some measurements when I can.

I spoke to them this week and was told that they couldn’t do the oil filled work, they have the technology for everything but that. They were very helpful.
    Bugger! Oh well I’ll have to suck it up and send it off I suppose..

My EZM2 has bead blasted bracelet and solid end links..

Bugger! Oh well I’ll have to suck it up and send it off I suppose..

My EZM2 has bead blasted bracelet and solid end links..
    That looks perfect, I’ve had one quote of £270 for the correct bracelet, just waiting on others.

That looks perfect, I’ve had one quote of £270 for the correct bracelet, just waiting on others.
    For £270 I'd just go with that if I was you as that sounds like a good price
    The only thing I'd want to know is that with solid or folded end links ?

I think you’re probably right, it would be good to have the correct bracelet.

Not sure what this one is for, folded end links, polished and 2.8mm…. EZM1?

No, EZM1 should be titanium and they never had polished centre links.
    Last edited by Dr Wolff; 22nd January 2022 at 19:23.

I just popped it of with a knife (the complete bezel, not the insert), I was told by Sinn when they sent me the black bezel that it was an easy job and they were right…

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Is one of those quotes you're waiting on, for contacting Sinn directly?

I've not used Sinn directly but it looks easier than many of the ADs - their website allows you to select your model and fill in an enquiry form. They claim to ship with the VAT taken off then there's import VAT on arrival so it shouldn't make much difference.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. They have been quite slow to come back with prices though.

Yes, it is. They have been quite slow to come back with prices though.
    It seemed to take about a week when I last asked them, I haven't decided whether to take them up on it though. Different watch than yours but similar price.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Just an update to this.

Today I received the new bezel and bracelet from TWR. I’ve had to wait a long time but it’s definitely worth it, I much prefer the look of the black bezel and the correct bracelet finishes it off nicely.

The bracelet came with folded end links but was easily big enough for an eight plus inch wrist.

All sent back in a nice service case, well wrapped and protected, along with a separate box with a Sinn tool / screwdriver, thread lock and Allen keys.

I dealt with Alex at TWR and she was a pleasure to speak to, I would definitely recommend them.

The prices were £230 for the bracelet and £130 for the bezel.

I now just need to see if it is a keeper, it’s taken so long that I’ve lost a little of the initial enthusiasm and I’ve bought several new watches since, so I’ll have to see what goes and what stays.

Last edited by Craizeehair; 12th May 2022 at 18:51.

Looks so much better I think

Once you have it on your wrist, you'll find it difficult to take off. It is quite one of the best watches ever made.

Since my watch arrived last month I have had to force myself to wear anything else.
    It’s small, thin, light, has cool tech in it to keep the watch geek in me happy and on the bracelet it has a vintage rattly feel. The oil gives the luminova a slight vintage discolouration and it is actually bright, that is unusual for a Sinn (and I have a few)
    It’s a brilliant watch

Looks so much better with the black bezel. New bracelet is also very nice. Couldn't have polished centre links on a watch like that, madness.

Thanks all.

It is also solid end links on the bracelet, not folded as I wrote earlier.