closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: REVIEW - Breitling Aerospace Evo Ltd Edition - V793637S

Blog Entries

REVIEW - Breitling Aerospace Evo Ltd Edition - V793637S

My history with Aerospace
    This is the third Aerospace I have owned over my WIS career. Back in the day when TZ was not invented(?) I had my first Aerospace in 2001, which is reviewed here - the blue faced Aerospace with luminous numerics and no back-light - the only addition to the more recent incarnations.

http://designmjc.com/aero.htm

Even then it was not the earliest model as even in 2001 they were sporting the SQ module - which really hasn't changed in functionality since then - which I think is a testament to the longevity of its feature set. I will not go further back in history as this is covered well in the annals of the web - suffice to say the earlier versions were called the 'Repetition Minutes' due to the chimes available from depressing the crown - which continues on into the current incarnations.

Modern viz. Others
    So what makes the modern versions different from previous ones? The case diameter has been increased slightly to 43mm up from 40mm. The case bezel feels improved to me and now has an oversized 'pip'. The dial design has been modified with small numerics (except for the over-sized 12-3-6-9. The hour hand is skeletonized - the minute hand shape has now a definite point compared to earlier hands.

In a way though these are all cosmetic changes - the over all functionality is the same. A two handed ani-digi with dual-digi display. Light weight Ti with a 100m wrt which means you can swim with it with impunity. It is a pilots watch often seen on the wrist of actual pilots not just ambassadors.

Aerospace Evo Night Mission 30th Anniversary Limited Edition

This Ltd edition was launched to celebrate 30 years since the launch of the Aerospace in 1985. Limited to 300 - mine being 186/300 with the yellow faced edition.

Model Number : V793637S/I522
    Limited Edition: no 186/300
    Case: Black Satin-Brushed Titanium
    Strap: high-tech Military fabric in new shade of brown, complete with folding clasp
    Dial: Yellow 'cobra'

Breitling launch page from 03/06/2015:
    http://www.breitling.com/en/news/det...t-mission-3610

Quote, "The Aerospace multifunction electronic chronograph adopts a non-glare stealth look in a new black satin-brushed titanium version. To mark the 30th anniversary of this grand classic among pilot’s instruments, Breitling is also offering a 300-piece limited edition with an exclusive yellow dial."

Specifications:

Caliber Breitling 79
    Movement SuperQuartz™, thermocompensated quartz electronic, analog and 12/24 hr LCD digital display, display backlighting (NVG compatible), EOL indicator
    Chronograph 1/100th second, to 59 min. 59,99 sec. then hrs/min/sec. to 48hrs max.
    Calendar Digital, day and date programmed for 4 years
    Case Black titanium
    Back With screws
    Battery type/life 380/3 to 4 years
    Water resistance 100m (330ft)
    Bezel Unidirectional, ratcheted
    Crown non screw-down, two gaskets, integrated pushpiece
    Crystal Sapphire, glare proofed both sides
    Diameter 43.00m
    Strap Military, Diver Pro
    Interhorn width 22/20mm
    Thickness 10.80mm
    Weight (without strap) 46.70 gr.
    Other functions Countdown timer, 2nd timezone, alarm, minute repeater

It comes with the modern box and shed load of papers with 2year guarantee which has the new-style electronic 'card' with LCD passive display itself looks like it needs a back-up battery!

Pictures

I am quite pleased with this one:

Here is the case back - showing the "Speciale Limitee A 300 Exemplaires" and model number: V79363 - nice to see screw-in case-back which should ease self-battery changing later:

Couple more wrist shots:

here is a crop from one of the photos - love the applied symbol

And hear it is on the Pro III rubber strap with Dark finish pin-buckle:

Thanks for reading!

Blog Entries
    Brillant post. Thanks Martyn.

Sometimes limited editions bafffle. Unless you really follow the current market you'll miss them.
    I've always liked the Aerospace but never quite enough to splash out on a new one. I would buy that one in a heartbeat. The best looking one i've ever seen unless it's just great photography!

That does look nice.

Any idea how the titanium is made 'black' and how tough is it? Some kind of coating (doesn't look like it) or a surface treatment?

It looks excellent, and I wasn't sure I'd ever say that about any watch that was

• yellow
    • ana-digi
    • dark-titanium
    • fabric-strapped
    • made by Breitling

A really good review. Thank you

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That does look nice.

Any idea how the titanium is made 'black' and how tough is it? Some kind of coating (doesn't look like it) or a surface treatment?
    Sorry for delayed reply! I believe it’s a type of DLC

Master
    An Evo is next on my list and the Cobra dial on the Night Mission is superb. Jealous !