closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

They really are struggling with story lines. Daryl and the other escaped then decided to hide in a building! why not just keep running back to one of the big settlements, they would never be found. Surely they need to get back and warn people of the actual size of the whisperers. The highway men side plot was just ridiculous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    For fans of the comics, episode 15 looks like the key "Whisperers" moment with episode 16 picking up the pieces.

Any suggestions on who?

Michonne perhaps, since she's scheduled to leave the show in season 10. King Ezekiel would follow the comics.
    I'm not sure they'll go for quite the same impact... was it 12 main characters originally??? Maybe one or two big names and a handful of un-named cast?
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    They really are struggling with story lines. Daryl and the other escaped then decided to hide in a building! why not just keep running back to one of the big settlements, they would never be found. Surely they need to get back and warn people of the actual size of the whisperers. The highway men side plot was just ridiculous.

I suspect the Highwaymen are just cannon fodder. As you say, ridiculous idea but it was an easy way to introduce a few new faces. They will give us a couple of episodes of them hanging about in the background, then I'm guessing they'll end up helping build the new fence marking out Whisperer territory in episode 15. Might just save one or two of the better known characters, though I still reckon Ezekiel has had his chips - he seems far too happy and that's never a good sign in TWD.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Anyone still watching? The last two episodes have been fur king dire!
    Agree, how can you fall 50 feet down a lift shaft & just get up with a cut lip? Bored to death with the whole show just watching because ???

Anyone still watching? The last two episodes have been fur king dire!
    Agreed. Really awful they need to end it.

Journeyman
    I've had it after that last episode. Really enjoyed the earlier seasons of the show but it now feels like it's being written by a 12 year old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Agree, how can you fall 50 feet down a lift shaft & just get up with a cut lip? Bored to death with the whole show just watching because ???
    Yep

Master
    I feel like I did when I was watching lost. Just because it’s on and I have invested so much time in it! I don’t look forward to it and nor do I really enjoy it. The lift thing was a bloody joke!

Same here, just like Lost I'm just watching it now to see how it ends, and as with Lost I fear it's not going to be a good one.

Master
    Good bit of back-story last night, it's got good again.

Only a couple of episodes left, let's see if they have the balls to give the Whisper-War the kick-off it deserves.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Same here, just like Lost I'm just watching it now to see how it ends, and as with Lost I fear it's not going to be a good one.

Could be watching a while. They’ve said there is no end in sight, they’ll keep making it as long as viewing figures remain high.

I’m still enjoying it personally, it’s certainly more entertaining than most of the trash on tv.

The Walking Dead: Season 9 Episode 14

"The Brady Bunch, with horses"

JCOAB!

We watched it again, but my partner dropped off and I'll started checking my phone. Its just boring now, we poor acting and terrible dialogue. Maybe I missed something? Didn't Daryl get shot with an arrow at some point? Next hing he was right as rain??

Whoa! Never saw that coming!

Master
    Good bit of back-story last night, it's got good again.

Only a couple of episodes left, let's see if they have the balls to give the Whisper-War the kick-off it deserves.

Yep, they did. Jesus!

I've been watching this series thus far through angry slitty eyes and with gritted teeth but tonight's episode was jaw-dropping!
    Blinking flip !!

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using TZ-UK mobile app

That was a corker, they went full game of thrones on the characters.

It was a better episode, not quite sure how the 1-3 whispers than got into the Kingdom managed to sneak 8+ captives out without anyone noticing!

Glad Henry was killed off, his character was so annoying. Surprised how many main-ish characters got killed tho

Master
    It was a better episode, not quite sure how the 1-3 whispers than got into the Kingdom managed to sneak 8+ captives out without anyone noticing!

Glad Henry was killed off, his character was so annoying. Surprised how many main-ish characters got killed tho
    They seemed to skip the bit of how the Whisperers caught 8 of them.

Only 1 other main character died though (Rosita). The rest seemed like characters specifically introduced this series just so they coudl kill them off. Was good to see a Red Wedding moment though. Not sure what the final episode will hold. Will the helicopter make an appearance again?

Rather odd that it wasn't the season finale, like WTF next week a bit of hoofing around crying and nothing really doing except teasing it out for S10 doing or whammo wipe them out in one show? I guess this storyline's going to run well into S10.

I'm assuming Negan's going to play a pivotal part next week... unleash the Kraken!

Oh, and Rosita ain't dead, it was Tara! In any case rubber Henry copped it at last yay although him being the last reveal was a bit meh to me and done to trigger all the teen girlies

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    They seemed to skip the bit of how the Whisperers caught 8 of them.

Only 1 other main character died though (Rosita). The rest seemed like characters specifically introduced this series just so they coudl kill them off. Was good to see a Red Wedding moment though. Not sure what the final episode will hold. Will the helicopter make an appearance again?
    Did you watch the episode? It sounds like you've googled it and come up with half the comic version and half the tv series version.

Alpha infiltrated the camp - it shows exactly how, in detail. She lures away members of the group one at a time, granted it doesn't show that but it does show that there is a fair time skip to get that accomplished.

Rosita dies in the comics. Tara, Henry and Enid are the main characters to go in the series.
    Please ffs will everyone stop referring to it as a game of thrones moment. They don't hold the monopoly on killing off characters.

Master
    Did you watch the episode? It sounds like you've googled it and come up with half the comic version and half the tv series version.

Alpha infiltrated the camp - it shows exactly how, in detail. She lures away members of the group one at a time, granted it doesn't show that but it does show that there is a fair time skip to get that accomplished.

Rosita dies in the comics. Tara, Henry and Enid are the main characters to go in the series.
    Please ffs will everyone stop referring to it as a game of thrones moment. They don't hold the monopoly on killing off characters.
    Well I’ve just this minute watched the episode and no, it doesn’t show in detail how Alpha got them out of the camp. In fact it didn’t show it at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well I’ve just this minute watched the episode and no, it doesn’t show in detail how Alpha got them out of the camp. In fact it didn’t show it at all.
    Glad it wasn't just me. Showed her infiltrating the camp. But not getting anyone out of the camp. Seems like they left a chunk of the edit suite floor.

The only person it showed her talking too was the King, but unfortunately he survived, like her daughter said when Alpha tried to take her " all I have to do is scream and they will come for you", so if the child can do this why did the other 8 not? I assume they could not think of a feasible way to get the 8 out so they just skipped that part.

God I'd just wish the show would get to the end...watched it last night bored again!

Master
    The only person it showed her talking too was the King, but unfortunately he survived, like her daughter said when Alpha tried to take her " all I have to do is scream and they will come for you", so if the child can do this why did the other 8 not? I assume they could not think of a feasible way to get the 8 out so they just skipped that part.

In the books she just lures them away as it showed with the King, asking to be shown around etc. I imagine it would have been pretty dull telly showing that 8 times.
    Good bit of misdirection showing her getting the King on his own though, I was very surprised to see him survive.

Master
    Rather odd that it wasn't the season finale, like WTF next week a bit of hoofing around crying and nothing really doing except teasing it out for S10 doing or whammo wipe them out in one show? I guess this storyline's going to run well into S10.

I'm assuming Negan's going to play a pivotal part next week... unleash the Kraken!

I reckon that's season 10 fodder, the woman playing Alpha has signed on for a few more episodes yet (allegedly).

The "sneak peek" at next weeks episode shows the Kingdom people having to cross the Whisperers border to get to a safe haven for the winter.
    My guess is they are either spotted or even caught (maybe the King gets it after all??) and the Whisperers make good on their promise to unleash that mega-herd on their little civilised towns.
    In that case, Negan ends up helping (alongside Rick) to defend the town. Rick is gone, so maybe Daryl will get a new buddy?

Somewhere along the way he also escapes from his prison long enough to join the Whisperers and kill Alpha, but they've already done the "whoops, door accidentally left unlocked" gag so maybe that ain't happening.

I agree I think Negan may well end up killing Alpha and get some redemption, hopefully Lucile will make a come back too!

Master
    Did anyone make out what was being said over the radio right at the end?
    Crap episode by the way.

Master
    Very poor ending to a decent season. Last few episodes were really good, but this one just dragged. Bizarre choice for a season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Did anyone make out what was being said over the radio right at the end?
    Female voice bit of babble and "is anyone out there?". Everyone seems to be jumping up and down saying it's Maggie but you could hardly make it out let alone hear a distinct accent.

Defo crap ending which is rather odd after last week, ten years of nothing but sweltering heat and all of a sudden they're in Lapland! Only bit I felt anything for was Lydia offering the zombie her arm

Master
    Yeah a bit of a boring one to echo the other posters (what was that half-arsed snowball fight about??)

Still, the last episode was a corker so I guess we can't have it all-ways. My wife said imagine if that last one had been the finale, or even worse if they teased us - showing the heads from the back and making us wait like Season 7.

Not bad for development though, I'm loving Negan's redemption coupled with his snidey sarcastic barbs (Dr Baby Daddy)

Master
    So how much more storyline is left in the comics? (Without giving spoilers for those of us that haven't read them)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    So how much more storyline is left in the comics? (Without giving spoilers for those of us that haven't read them)

Not a huge amount - depending how much they drag out the Whisperers story.

The comics are up to volume 32 at the moment, the Whisperers are the main antagonists from volume 23 (Whispers into Screams) to volume 28 (A certain Doom). As far as the comic storyline, the "heads on pikes" was in volume 24, so really if they play out the Whisperer War across season 10 it brings us almost up to speed.

After the Whisperer War there is the obvious problem of that huge mega-herd of zombies controlled by the Whisperers, and after that we are introduced to The Commonwealth - another enormous settlement in Ohio, so a good bit away from their current spot (Virginia?) - which is where the mysterious voice on the radio comes from in the comics.

That's pretty much where we're up to. It's all gotten a bit political, The Commonwealth is a community of 50,000 people with military, government etc and they seem quite surprised by people still living as savages out in the wasteland of America. I can't see that making good telly, Michone is offered her old job back as a Lawyer for God's sake... Still, it's a corrupt system of "haves and have nots" and it looks like there will be some sort of coup in the coming volumes to overthrow the leaders.

That said, the writers and showrunners have pretty much told us they probably won't be following the story all that closely. Lots of comic characters are gone from the series and lots of the remaining TV characters are either gone from the comics or never existed in the first place (Daryl for example was created for the show).

Long story short, they could catch up with the comics in one series. What they do then is up to Robert Kirkman, but I reckon he'll give the show free reign to go in its own direction while the comic plods along on the current path at its own speed.

Master
    Think I would quite like it evolving back to a city, exploring how civilisation would set rules etc again.

I thought it had 2 episodes left, this weeks was a slow burner then a ramped up season finale! could not believe that was the end of the season. Historically they always leave a cliff hanger at the end, which I don't could the woman on the mic being.

Well I watched it but was not entertained, its just so poor. I much prefer Fear the walking dead. I'd be interested in their viewing figures for TWD must be well down on the previous series?

Master
    Well I watched it but was not entertained, its just so poor. I much prefer Fear the walking dead. I'd be interested in their viewing figures for TWD must be well down on the previous series?

Live viewing figures are just over 5 million (average) for season 9 TWD. (Higher for those who pre-record to watch later). Almost the same number who started season 1 but an enormous drop-off from the season 5 peak of 14 million.

"Fear" gets a little over 2 million, down a little from the previous series but massively down from season 1 which had an average of 7.5 million viewers

Season 8 of TWD averaged close to 8 million viewers, but was also the lowest rated at 63%. Given that this series was critically rated very highly, scoring mid 90%'s on Rotten Tomatoes etc, it'll be interesting to see if any old viewers return. I suspect so, it has been a vast improvement for this second half of the season.
    I'm not entirely sure quite what the disappointed viewers were expecting... a return to season 1?

Master
    Anyone up to date with the comics? Wow!

I have to think they've decided to start wrapping it up now. I was trying not to give any spoilers but it's impossible not to, Rick was the absolute centre of the Walking Dead comic, without him it's pointless carrying on.

C'mon then spill the beans!

Apparently the comic has finished issue 192 will be the last one. In this Rick is killed, but the TV series have vowed to carry on!

Master
    It's a spin-off film for Rick apparently...

Blimey, this thread has come back from the dead.

Master
    Yep, all done. Issue #193 hit the shelves today and that's that.

Weird number to end on, I would have thought 7 more issues would have spun out the remaining threads and ended on a good round 200 issues.

I haven't got my hands on it yet but it appears to be a flash-forward ten years or so with Carl and Sophia (both dead on the show) living together in a fairly basic version of "normal life" where walkers still exist but nowhere near the threat they pose in the current timeline.
    Michonne is the head of the legal system, Maggie appears to be the President and everyone tells stories of Rick Grimes, the apocalypse survivor who changed the world.

Hope it's not as shite as it sounds.

Anybody still watching?

S10E01 was dire IMO, absolutely nothing happening other than chop chop to excite the teen viewers; a very poor season opener...

I doubt I'll be lasting much longer

BTW all episodes are up on AMC free-to-view, but need to run it through a proxy server.

Haven’t watched it yet, and can’t decide whether to continue bothering. Judging by what you’ve said I may just give up now.

The opening scenes (practice fighting) were dire, almost to the point of turning the tv off. It gradually got a little better without anything actually happening.

Master
    Watched and will continue to watch, but yes this weeks new episode, not a lot happened. Hopefully scene setting for better episodes.

Master
    Still pants and I am watching simply hoping it will end. I feel like I did when watching ‘lost’. I hope it improve but I can’t see that happening.

Master
    Sadly binned this half way through last season. I was a die hard fan and it used to be one of my favourites, such a shame it had gotten so bad that I can’t watch it anymore........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped watching it I think in the middle of the last to last series though I do have it on my NAS so may put an episode on if I’m really bored.