closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    My Sky has now ended, I have been offered now 33% off for 5 years. I told them to do one
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Sky's cancellations were declining and subscriber numbers were increasing, so they may have less reason to offer huge discounts to retain customers at the moment.

Craftsman
    I'm on the dreaded talktalk, but recently renewed and pay £23 a month currently for line rental, fibre, unlimited phone calls, and youview box, going up to £35 I think after 12 months. Could add sky sports for £15p/m if I wanted...

Just cancelled my Sky TV contract and the 31 day period has started, now the waiting begins....

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    My Sky has now ended, I have been offered now 33% off for 5 years. I told them to do one
    So you had no joy then? Shame.

I've just resubscribed to netflix (for Making a Murderer) but its hugely improved since I last had it (and even then I also used the US one). I've not watched sky in about 2 weeks. I would bin it off again totally if the mrs would. Even though I did benefit from the 60% 12 months discount

Unless they match that again later in the year I'll be off.

Well here's the way to do it!

After cancelling I went straight back in to the 'home' page on the Sky website and clicked the 'welcome back' big blue button (signed in to my account) and there was a 50% off offer in there to re-join!!!
    There was a 'chat now' link so I contacted them via the link and wangled a £100 credit on top also.
    Not great but not bad either.
    I took the offer and re-joined.
    Didn't bother waiting for calls, emails or the post.

So basically cancelled via chat and re-joined via chat all in the space of about 2 hours.
    Last edited by Thorien; 8th February 2016 at 18:06.

Thanks thorien, I cancelled mine yesterday and had planned on waiting it out but logged back onto my account and the offer was just there waiting happy just with the cash back and 50% off

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Thanks thorien, I cancelled mine yesterday and had planned on waiting it out but logged back onto my account and the offer was just there waiting happy just with the cash back and 50% off
    You're welcome and I'd like to add thanks to all the guys in this thread for the initial heads up!
    Why SKY don't just offer us the best discount in the first place though is a bit ridiculous.

Just cancelled mine at lunch today. Was paying £58.25 for all HD channels plus movies. Guy offered everything except movies for £18 per month (%50 discount). Cancelled anyway as have just picked up a now TV box off Amazon for £18.99 with 6 months entertainment pass. Use the android box to stream everything else!

Logged onto to my sky account and 50% offer for 12 months is there already...

Journeyman
    Ridiculous situation isn't it... you have to cancel or be a new customer to get the best discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by wispursuit View Post
    Ridiculous situation isn't it... you have to cancel or be a new customer to get the best discounts.
    True! I cancelled mine today.

Craftsman
    I want to do the same but the buggers are just bringing out Sky Q! Guess the wife is gonna have to a new customer!

i dont know how you guys are getting these deals. I've been with Sky for 10 years, had TV, phone line and broadband and they put the price to £82 this month, was on webchat with them yesterday to cancel, was only offered £10 discount, so i cancelled.

have logged into my account online and no messages or offers to come back.

Oh well, BT Infinity or TalkTalk it is then

I got 30% off yesterday on a new 12 month deal was paying £111 a month now it's around
    £78 a month that's Everything
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by mungosdad View Post
    i dont know how you guys are getting these deals. I've been with Sky for 10 years, had TV, phone line and broadband and they put the price to £82 this month, was on webchat with them yesterday to cancel, was only offered £10 discount, so i cancelled.

have logged into my account online and no messages or offers to come back.

Oh well, BT Infinity or TalkTalk it is then
    Did you go to the Home page and click on the big Blue box button that says welcome back?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Did you go to the Home page and click on the big Blue box button that says welcome back?
    Same, been with them 15years. Cancelled Sky TV via chat last night and nothing in the Blue box.

Weird!
    If you do want to re-join, try chatting to the 'Win-back' team on this link:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky

Tell them 'a friend' recently came back to sky and got offered 60% off and £100 credit plus a Samsung tablet. Say you are thinking about re-joining but need the right incentive.
    They'll probably say they aren't doing that offer any more but keep haggling - tell them you wont accept 'just' 50% off to come back eventually they should offer you a credit, just hold out until the offer is acceptable.
    If you are not getting anywhere say you'll think about it and then start another chat session and speak to another advisor until you get the right offer.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Thorien; 11th February 2016 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by rgee View Post
    Same, been with them 15years. Cancelled Sky TV via chat last night and nothing in the Blue box.
    I wonder whether like me (another loyal, long term customer) the Sky internal system highlights you as someone unlikely to cancel for any period of time?

Maybe we come up as a low risk of being lost as a customer?

Only way seems to be cancelling as you have and then sweat it out for as long as you can.

Whilst the kids watch Sky Box Sets a lot, I have recently be glued to Netflix with Daredevil, Jessica Jones. Community and The Bridge Series 1 & 2. So apart from watching Sky Sports News I've not really watched much Sky recently.

Very tempting to save myself some money soon and then maybe buy a new NOWTV box.

Master
    For the last three years i have called up and cancelled my Sports and Variety package and within a few weeks i have always been offered at least 50% off plus credit.

Always make a note of the date and will do the same this years.

Must have saved well over £1000 in last three years.

Just hold out - you'll get a deal
    Just let it get cut off then you'll get a min of fifty percent
    No rush is the way

Master
    I cancelled my Sky package as we're moving house and they were charging me £70 for entertainment, unlimited broadband and phone. I'll be getting the wife to sign up in her name using Money Saving Experts codes they currently have going on. Either that or unlimited fibre with Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Just hold out - you'll get a deal
    Just let it get cut off then you'll get a min of fifty percent
    No rush is the way
    If the termination goes through, do you lose the stuff you've recorded on the Sky+ box?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    If the termination goes through, do you lose the stuff you've recorded on the Sky+ box?
    I believe it does, once cancelled the Sky box becomes a freesat box.

You lose your recordings and ability to record
    But hey so what? You get freeview for a day or two
    You then get fifty per cent off and get back on with a new box and kit if yours is over two years old
    It won't come to that - bug if it does, let it.

Yes Andy. All my recordings reappeared when I signed back up so lost initially but not deleted.

Master
    Try this guys ;)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...heap-cable#sky

If your name was on the contract, put the wife or gf instead.

This is a similar deal to the one I am on, enjoy.

I just got a new deal with them ....full tv inc movies and sport. About 35% off and a new box

All was going well until the new Sky card wouldn't bloody pair ! 45 mins on the phone to a nice guy in Nottingham and ....need to send a new card out

Craftsman
    This thread is an eye opener! I'm on the Variety bundle and paying £28.75pm. Not on a contract. Called them and they've immediately offered to drop it to £14pm for 10 months with a 12 month contract! I've told them I'll think about it. Am I likely to get more? If yes, what should I be asking for?

As stated above I got 50% off and £100 refund onto my account.

Have a look at the recent comments on this thread, others are also getting the same deal as me:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-of...671?p=27344593
    Last edited by Thorien; 11th February 2016 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by rgee View Post
    I believe it does, once cancelled the Sky box becomes a freesat box.
    I'd be interested in an answer to this. I cancelled and the switch off day is Sunday so will i continue to be able to get free to view channels through my Sky box or should it go onto Gumtree? Whats the going rate for a second hand Sky+HD box and remote nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    I'd be interested in an answer to this. I cancelled and the switch off day is Sunday so will i continue to be able to get free to view channels through my Sky box or should it go onto Gumtree? Whats the going rate for a second hand Sky+HD box and remote nowadays?
    You'd be looking about 20-30 quid at best.

And yes you can use it as a freeview box but have no recording options

Craftsman
    Same for me. I cancelled as they were putting my package up to £78 and as soon as I logged back in the 50% offer was there. Got on the web chat and I said 50% isn't enough, with a bit more pushing he offered me £50 credit & 60% discount or £100 credit and the 50%. I tried for the 60% and £100 but he wasn't having it and I was happy with what I'd got.

Craftsman
    Thanks!

I logged into my account, there was no message about 50% off, but a message to contact them as there were offers. I did the webcast and my monthly payment has gone from £82 to £37 for the next 12 months and a £75 credit as well.
    The savings will cover the cost of a new iPad pro

Master
    Just done an online chat with sky, straight away they offered 60% off and £50 into my account. I only have the basic original package so it works out at £8/month. Mussent grumble eh

Does anyone know how this affects legacy HD contracts with Formula 1 included? I know if I change my package I would lose F1.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Does anyone know how this affects legacy HD contracts with Formula 1 included? I know if I change my package I would lose F1.
    As far as I know, the legacy HD pack doesn't exist anymore so if it gets removed from your account by your packages changing they can't add it back. I mean they probably technically can, but last time I checked it was a firm no, with the Sports package as the only option to get F1 back.

I got a letter today 50% off, had cancelled was going off on 3rd March.

Went online chat, in the end got a new box (current box is old and crashes, so really wanted a new box!)

Family pack and broadband including calls for £40.80 per month, with £50 account credit also.

I paid £36 pm last year so for £4 pm and also got £50 credit, got a new box, I'm happy with that.

I have been online for nearly two hours though and the previous call and online chat, probably got 3-4 hours logged in total, Becomes a bit tiresome!

For anyone who hasn't received an attractive deal on retention and/or has been left without Sky, you may qualify for a New Customer deal here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php? (although no account credit which many of you seem to get!)

Master
    Went through the process today and pushed really hard to get a discount. Ended up being offered about 15% which is crap! They called my bluff and I will now have no sky shortly..........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Went through the process today and pushed really hard to get a discount. Ended up being offered about 15% which is crap! They called my bluff and I will now have no sky shortly..........
    Just wait until the cut off gets close, they will be phoning you with a better offer.

Master
    Hi... Got an Android box. If you're prepared to accept it's limitations it's absolutely brilliant.

You can't expect it to simply replace your normal viewing... However for movies and certain (mostly American) TV series it's fabulous. I paid about £38 for mine and in a month have already had more that that back in movie viewing. You also get immediate access to movies like The Revenant which are not yet available on the Sky movies channels. The TV series (there are over 60 available at the moment) are all like 'Box Sets' with all the various seasons available. I don't use Kodi, instead I use Showbox or Cartoon HD which gives me everything I want.

I have Virgin cable. I don't have the movie package as I have the Android box but have full use of the landline phone, incredibly fast internet, full Sky sports and BT sport package and the XL TV package for about £100 a month. That equates to between £3 and £4 a day which is about the same as ten cigarettes, or one pint of good quality lager would cost. We don't smoke and rarely drink so even though it's more than some of the guys on here pay I think we've probably got the best deal for us.

Rob

Master
    Some people don't want the hassle of setting up an android box, plus there's also the fact that strictly speaking, it's not legal to download the content.

Master
    So manged to get a deal. I was paying £140 pm with 3 multi rooms, HD movies etc. I binned the multi rooms because they werent getting used and have managed to get it to £40 pm!!! Also £100 credit to my account.

Very pleased but what a faf!

Journeyman
    Get a Kodi box everything all the movies over 1000s channels is free including PPV sport events , I am keen UFC follower, if you need more info please message me as I was in the same boat,

Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Get a Kodi box everything all the movies over 1000s channels is free including PPV sport events , I am keen UFC follower, if you need more info please message me as I was in the same boat,
    And very, very illegal. I can't believe how many people here are happy to pirate content. It forces the production companies to put up the costs to distributors such as Sky and Virgin in order to offset the losses from piracy.

It forces the production companies to put up the costs to distributors such as Sky and Virgin in order to offset the losses from piracy.
    Well, that's assuming anyone who downloads content for free would have paid full price for it otherwise. Which isn't always the case.

Journeyman
    It's not illegal to stream no copyright laws have been broken and until today there is no law against stream content from so called cyber lockers but this may change,

Sky and Virgin totally monopolise the UK market I turn setting and dictating prices, the offset of these cost have nothing to do with privacy, when really it's to cover the crazy cost for the right to things such as Sports right such as Premiership Football and there current wage million pounds wage bills not 40 pound boxes, the fat cats get fat

The average house hold already pays for Internet and we still have the famous TV license, now you can tell your local council you don't have a TV but if you have internet you still need a TV licence ? So it's really a broadcasting licence

And very, very illegal. I can't believe how many people here are happy to pirate content. It forces the production companies to put up the costs to distributors such as Sky and Virgin in order to offset the losses from piracy.
    How do you feel about me getting a Greek satellite decoder and watching football via greek channels? :-)

Journeyman
    This Kodi thing is news to me, but I'll have a butchers. I have never had Sky. A lot of friends have had packages and I found they'd generally sit there trying to pick the best of the worst channel to watch. Like someone has said, more channels = more junk. I recently binned off my TV license to see how I cope with just Netflix and catchup TV. My son is nearly always on Netflix and I rarely sit and watch TV if he's not there. My phone line / broadband is via EE and I prepay my line rental annually to reduce the cost of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    This Kodi thing is news to me, but I'll have a butchers. I have never had Sky. A lot of friends have had packages and I found they'd generally sit there trying to pick the best of the worst channel to watch. Like someone has said, more channels = more junk. I recently binned off my TV license to see how I cope with just Netflix and catchup TV. My son is nearly always on Netflix and I rarely sit and watch TV if he's not there. My phone line / broadband is via EE and I prepay my line rental annually to reduce the cost of that too.
    Get an Amazon fire stick with Kodi on it
    Lots for sake on gum tree etc
    Cost you next to nothing and as said, loads of stuff streamed
    I've had s few movies already that I'd have had to pay for at cinema etc
    Illegal? I know a few coppers who have them