closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    I was asked to choose one from: umbrella, card holder, key ring and perfume. I opted for perfume as none of the other items would have seen any use.
    Ooh, shiny! I hope WoS are similarly generous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Just to be clear, not mine

What? Not even for £400?!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Eau-de-Parfum-100-Ml-Very-exclusive-and-rare-2020/392849105177

Haha they offered me a choice between the perfume or the wallet and I offered my wife the perfume but she declined. Said she doesn't even know if she will like it and even if she does she won't be able to get another bottle so why bother

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    I was asked to choose one from: umbrella, card holder, key ring and perfume. I opted for perfume as none of the other items would have seen any use.
    This came today and to me it sums up Rolex in general (not any AD specifically, just the impression I get across forums everywhere). Rolex seem to act like they are doing you a massive favour. I ordered my VC in lockdown maybe two months ago. The boutique manager said she would send me a case to put it in once lockdown was lifted and they reopened. Today this arrive. - the case, a book, a lovely Montblanc writing pad and some quality chocolates. Yes I get it that Rolex value holds up better than others and yes I get it that I’m paying for the watch nd all those goodies etc etc. I didn’t ask or expect any of this. The service from VC has been impeccable from start to finish.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    This came today and to me it sums up Rolex in general (not any AD specifically, just the impression I get across forums everywhere). Rolex seem to act like they are doing you a massive favour. I ordered my VC in lockdown maybe two months ago. The boutique manager said she would send me a case to put it in once lockdown was lifted and they reopened. Today this arrive. - the case, a book, a lovely Montblanc writing pad and some quality chocolates. Yes I get it that Rolex value holds up better than others and yes I get it that I’m paying for the watch nd all those goodies etc etc. I didn’t ask or expect any of this. The service from VC has been impeccable from start to finish.
    Did the watch also arrive with all those gifts? Only asking because you didn't mention.

Jokes aside, I agree - all I have ever received with Rolex purchases (prior to the latest acquisition) are these: Rolex spoons + Rolex service pouch with one watch, candle holder + Rolex service pouch with another watch, generic pouch with one watch and nothing at all with all the others. With the the exception of the generic pouch, all the gifts were from Swiss ADs, not UK. Having said that, I too have never expected or asked for freebies. They were all SS models too so perhaps they did think they were doing me favours by selling at RRP. Doesn't bother me one bit to be honest but I understand where you're coming from and think it's fair to compare.

Master
    Oh the optimism! I do worry about the mentality of some people

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Haha they offered me a choice between the perfume or the wallet and I offered my wife the perfume but she declined. Said she doesn't even know if she will like it and even if she does she won't be able to get another bottle so why bother
    Luckily the wife really liked the perfume, its a soft and slightly citrus smell which is idea for the summer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Luckily the wife really liked the perfume, its a soft and slightly citrus smell which is idea for the summer.
    £400 down the drain then......

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Does a woman get a bottle of after shave?
    No they do both aftershave and perfume!

Rolex Perfume Eau De Parfum Pour Femme is the ladies.

No they do both aftershave and perfume!

Rolex Perfume Eau De Parfum Pour Femme is the ladies.
    Ok, hadn't seen that as an option offered to posters here.

Ok, hadn't seen that as an option offered to posters here.
    It is the same as this one, I like the lid / crown!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/ROLEX-FRAGAN...-/123516284145
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 24th June 2020 at 20:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Oh the optimism! I do worry about the mentality of some people

The same optimism that seems to apply to the pricing of most Rolex watches on eBay! Be very worried about someone so divorced from reality that they would pay £400 for it!

Master
    It is the same as this one, I like the lid / crown!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/ROLEX-FRAGAN...-/123516284145
    Our friend here in the UK will be so disappointed to have been undercut!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Eau...4AAOSwN1Je8e-a

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    The same optimism that seems to apply to the pricing of most Rolex watches on eBay! Be very worried about someone so divorced from reality that they would pay £400 for it!
    Agreed crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

That’s great and how it should be when spending serious money on a luxury item.

The last time I collected a Rolex from my normal AD I got no goodies......all I got was a 10 minutes lecture about how in the future if I want
    the desirable Rolex models I really need to start buying jewellery aswell because they have a new policy.
    This from a small independent type Rolex AD who I have bought tons of watches from for over a decade- I’ve also sent lots of new clients their way-
    I won’t be buying jewellery or returning.

I've bought six Rolex watches from three different ADs in the last 5 years. Only ever had one gift which was this time. Likewise I've also had a lecture from one AD after two SS sports pieces that I need to buy other stuff or they might not consider me in future. I haven't been back since.

Journeyman
    Has anyone’s phone been ringing since shops reopened? As in not for watches that were bought during the lockdown?

I suppose they are working through the backlog first

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Has anyone’s phone been ringing since shops reopened? As in not for watches that were bought during the lockdown?

I suppose they are working through the backlog first
    Do they actually phone or is it email?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    My AD has my mobile number, email and postal address - and I’ve still not heard from them!!

Master
    My AD has my mobile number, email and postal address - and I’ve still not heard from them!!
    Mine's got my email & mobile number. His email confirming my registration of interest says he hopes to contact me soon - I hope he does too!
    An eagle eyed TZer spotted a black dial DSSD in the actual window of the store earlier in the week so they ARE out there, thing is I'm after a James Cameron & I bet for every 10 DSSDs that come off the line it's 7 black dials & 3 Camerons.
    I know I've done the hard bit by getting a registration of interest accepted & it seems that the "flash to bang" - registration to collection time - is shortening, but I HATE waiting...

In my experience, ADs call you because it's quick and easy for them to work their way down the list with a phone call rather than send an email...possibly get a response, possibly not and then end up in a situation where multiple people are emailing back to accept the offer. First to accept by phone gets it, otherwise next guy on the list gets a call.

I was on the list of a few ADs for a Tudor GMT back in 2019. After a couple of months I had 3 or 4 phone calls from different ADs.

Master
    I know I've done the hard bit by getting a registration of interest accepted & it seems that the "flash to bang" - registration to collection time - is shortening, but I HATE waiting...
    The "registration of interest" thing is (as covered here quite a bit over the last couple of years) the biggest p*ss take ever. You're not on a ordered list and they'll sell to you if they can't find a more favoured customer who wants the watch. And when I say "you", I mean you and me and the average watch enthusiast.

I think the change of economic outlook will change that to a significant extent but whether you and I get the watches we would like, who knows?

Good luck!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had been offered any watches during the lockdown?

I’m assuming that AD must have had allocations from before the shutdown and commissions to earn.

Thanks
    Hi 1st post on here. I’m interested in an OP39 white dial, or a no date Sub. I’m going to see my local AD next week, but as I have no purchase history with them, how long would you think I’d have to wait for either model? I realise that the Sub will probably be impossible.

Thanks for help.

First find a piece of string -
    Oh and welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Did anyone who paid by link during lockdown and collected get an in store till receipt? I'm not sure my receipt is the email conf I would have got after paying by link or if I was just an excited idiot in the store and forgot to get a 'real' receipt. Probably the latter?

Did anyone who paid by link during lockdown and collected get an in store till receipt? I'm not sure my receipt is the email conf I would have got after paying by link or if I was just an excited idiot in the store and forgot to get a 'real' receipt. Probably the latter?
    Received one by email some days after.
    Looks like its from head office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deegolf View Post
    Hi 1st post on here. I’m interested in an OP39 white dial, or a no date Sub. I’m going to see my local AD next week, but as I have no purchase history with them, how long would you think I’d have to wait for either model? I realise that the Sub will probably be impossible.

Thanks for help.
    Go in and give it a try. OP will definitely be easier but definitely worth a try.
    Show you’re an enthusiast and it will help hugely.

Master
    When purchasing from this group I usually get a paper till receipt and instantly an email receipt before I leave the store. This time I did get a paper till receipt but no follow up email as the poster above.

Seems we are all having a slightly different receipt experience! I agree with you, the initial link payment email would not act as a receipt so you may need to follow up with your branch.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Received one by email some days after.
    Looks like its from head office.

Ah, I have the same but mine says "articles on deposit" so all I have is a receipt to say I've left a 100% deposit, not sure if there's a follow up receipt to say collected and here's the serial number etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    When purchasing from this group I usually get a paper till receipt and instantly an email receipt before I leave the store. This time I did get a paper till receipt but no follow up email as the poster above.

Seems we are all having a slightly different receipt experience! I agree with you, the initial link payment email would not act as a receipt so you may need to follow up with your branch.
    Don't think I've ever got an email receipt before. That would be a lot easier than taking a photo of it and emailing it to myself like I normally do! Didn't want to call and look stupid/waste their time if I was being stupid but I'll give them a call anyway now.

Master
    I got an "article on deposit" receipt by email after online payment, paper receipt from till upon collection and what was supposed to be a copy of final receipt by email after collection but that one doesn't load on my phone or computer.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    The last time I collected a Rolex from my normal AD I got no goodies......all I got was a 10 minutes lecture about how in the future if I want
    the desirable Rolex models I really need to start buying jewellery aswell because they have a new policy.
    This from a small independent type Rolex AD who I have bought tons of watches from for over a decade- I’ve also sent lots of new clients their way-
    I won’t be buying jewellery or returning.
    Which AD was that? Pretty awful behaviour from them towards a good customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Which AD was that? Pretty awful behaviour from them towards a good customer.
    They want you to buy all the awful tat that they line up in their windows.

Pictures of the founder of this amazing diamond company that is just better than every other diamond company that comes with a certificate that is just so much more comprehensive than GIA certification. Lol.

Master
    The "registration of interest" thing is (as covered here quite a bit over the last couple of years) the biggest p*ss take ever. You're not on a ordered list and they'll sell to you if they can't find a more favoured customer who wants the watch. And when I say "you", I mean you and me and the average watch enthusiast.

I think the change of economic outlook will change that to a significant extent but whether you and I get the watches we would like, who knows?

Good luck!
    What gets me is the total lack of logic to the whole process. I hope you're right about changes post Covid as I don't like the feeling of being dangled on the end of a chain. Never before have I found it so difficult to spend money!

Not even a vegetarian sausage for me still, although they have confirmed that they might call. Really annoying but I suppose they don’t know me from jack as apart from popping in when I shopping there I don’t have any purchase history.

I’m sure they must think that I’m after a quick profit but I’ve never ever sold any watch that I’ve purchased.

Master
    I'm now going to ask a question so phenomenally dense that light bends around it, -
    If your name is on an AD's register for a particular piece, you'll like this, what lengths do they actually go to in order to expedite your desire to actually buy it from them with money?

I'm now going to ask a question so phenomenally dense that light bends around it, -
    If your name is on an AD's register for a particular piece, you'll like this, what lengths do they actually go to in order to expedite your desire to actually buy it from them with money?
    It probably depends!

Apprentice
    I got both a paper one and one in an email...

It was actually really nice going into the store and picking up a watch and not paying for it

Master

If it's a "Professional" model, absolutely no lengths whatsoever. They could sell each one 10 times over (for now, at least) and they will get what stock of each model that Rolex send them.

If you want a particular dial combo on a Datejust, they might try and source that for you.

Unless you’re a big spender/VIP or they absolutely love you, not much I would say.

Master
    If it's a "Professional" model, absolutely no lengths whatsoever. They could sell each one 10 times over (for now, at least) and they will get what stock of each model that Rolex send them.

If you want a particular dial combo on a Datejust, they might try and source that for you.
    To be fair they did do that for me, a rhodium dial DJ41 with a smooth bezel & Oyster bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Unless you’re a big spender/VIP or they absolutely love you, not much I would say.
    I reckon you're right, not least because they don't need to exert themselves do they?
    The AD has made all the right noises & 3 of the staff I have a good rapport with, so that may help, as does the fact that they acknowledge my purchase history.
    What really drives me insane is that everything is if or maybe or possibly...
    If they said "it will take X amount of time, during which Y has to happen & at the end of the time frame your watch will be here" that would be fine because it's a known process & timeframe - being what feels like the last link in a chain of imponderables strikes me as a poor way to treat the customer.
    Paradoxically, experience seems to show that it works...

Apprentice
    It's amazing how people are getting contacted yet the Rolex AD which I think I have spent over 30k with, Fraser Heart, have not even contacted me once in the last four months, not even a courtesty call. Seriously, what did I expect...

Quote Originally Posted by 80chrono View Post
    It's amazing how people are getting contacted yet the Rolex AD which I think I have spent over 30k with, Fraser Heart, have not even contacted me once in the last four months, not even a courtesty call. Seriously, what did I expect...
    I bought two SS sports models from them and was told I was in 'allocation debt' and they were unlikely to sell me anything SS again unless I went the DJ or PM route. Terrible company.

I bought two SS sports models from them and was told I was in 'allocation debt' and they were unlikely to sell me anything SS again unless I went the DJ or PM route. Terrible company.
    But was it a courtesy call to tell you that?

But was it a courtesy call to tell you that?
    No, it wasn't recent so no call needed. It was when I popped in to put my name on a list. Just another example of what a shower they are.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 80chrono View Post
    ... Rolex AD which I think I have spent over 30k with, Fraser Heart, have not even contacted me once in the last four months, not even a courtesty call. Seriously, what did I expect...
    Are FH still trading as FH since they sold their Rolex franchises to WoS and Beaverbrooks? What happened to FH lists?!

Are FH still trading as FH since they sold their Rolex franchises to WoS and Beaverbrooks? What happened to FH lists?!
    Still appear to be trading and selling Rolex, e.g. https://www.fraserhart.co.uk/store/Brent-Cross

https://www.fraserhart.co.uk/brands/rolex

Master
    The Maidstone store has lost its Rolex AD status.

Master

That's odd. I wonder if the proposed deal(s) referred to here last December fell through - in whole or part?

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-and-f...-part-company/

"Fraser Hart has sold all seven stores that were authorised to sell Rolex watches and will no longer work with the brand."