closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex AD keeping guarantee card

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Is that actually correct? If the customer is expecting to receive a warranty card, then that's part of the transaction. We all know it's not what happened that's important but what you can prove happened, so let's say you can prove you were not informed the card would be retained. The only "rights" would seem to be money refunded, no? For example, in the meantime the AD might have "lost" the card, and they can't give you a card they don't have, so they presumably would be obliged to take the watch back? It's a minefield isn't it?
    That is exactly my case and I will report back once it has gone in front of a judge. Interestingly, I have bought a AAAA replica from China to put in front of the judge. Let him make the call between the copy and the real watch without the Guarantee Card/Certificate of Authenticity. I need to prove devaluation of my purchase, without my agreement which my claim is based on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W0rrybeads View Post
    Interestingly, I have bought a AAAA replica from China to put in front of the judge.
    Is it legal to import counterfeit goods into the UK? It's illegal to sell them.

EDIT: Can't find a definitive answer but I suspect the answer might be yes. It does appear that Customs can seize fake items.

In any event, I'm not sure that even the great Perry Mason would have opened his case saying "Look at this counterfeit fake which I imported into the UK ...". How does that help your case?
    Last edited by David_D; 27th September 2018 at 14:51.