closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus Emira launch

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    The 3.5 V6 (it’s good, but a VERY old engine) will be c. £85k minimum which is, I feel, TFD.

The AMG engined 4 cylinder version will be the headline “£60k” but in reality late 2022. So it’s another car launch to be avoided as an early adopter for sure.
    Where’s your info come from, please?

Jenson driving it up the hill at GFOS.

It sounds brilliant for a new car, but I wonder if they’ve purposefully not fitted the new PFF filters onto the back of the exhaust on these pre-pro cars. That May sadly be the case and the noise will be dampened on production cars. Hopefully not….

https://youtu.be/D9pfPLAxI3A

it’s a Shmee video
    Last edited by mr noble; 11th July 2021 at 08:07.

Master
    As it says in the video its the number one car, so very much a prototype. It does sound well though. Funny to hear Jenson extoll the level of grip the car normally affords. Yet when he booted it off the line in the wet it barely moved !

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Do it! Nothing to lose.
    Good work!

Lotus have already taken several hundred deposits on the car. If they are all fulfilled, I think that the first year UK allocation has already been sold out. They are set to sell more Emiras in one year than they sold Evoras in several years.

That is pretty much in line with what Lotus staff are telling people on the FoS stand. The ‘First Edition’ car will be a fully loaded, V6 version. (The RRP will be less than speccing a fully optioned car, if you get my drift. They had a similar strategy with the Launch Edition Evoras).

For all of the best Emira info, have you registered over on TLF?

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forum...1-lotus-emira/

Thanks. Not seen that forum before.

Pistonheads lotus is all but dead. I’ve been a member on SELOC for years and have been meaning to catch up on that forum.

Can’t recall a recent new car launch that captured quite so much interest. It’s been the big winner at Goodwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Good work!

Lotus have already taken several hundred deposits on the car. If they are all fulfilled, I think that the first year UK allocation has already been sold out. They are set to sell more Emiras in one year than they sold Evoras in several years.
    Believed to be closer to 2000 (according to Mr H Metcalfe) deposits recieved. Which given what was seen on Thursday at FOS really does not surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Might not be a good thing for residuals

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I think it will be very good for residuals. Supply and demand. There is little to no chance of Hethel being able to supply anywhere near that volume. And as such the grey market will grow similar to that seen with Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    I think it will be very good for residuals. Supply and demand. There is little to no chance of Hethel being able to supply anywhere near that volume. And as such the grey market will grow similar to that seen with Rolex.
    I thought the whole point of the record investment was that production would be automated and Lotus would no longer be a low-volume manufacturer?

I thought the whole point of the record investment was that production would be automated and Lotus would no longer be a low-volume manufacturer?
    Perhaps it will. Will be interesting to see this all unfold.

It’ll be great for residuals if they have masses of orders and an 18 month waiting list.

They will only be able to make up to their max capacity, and a long lead time will keep residuals sky high, just as is found with Ferrari.

If they get the warranty and extended warranty pricing right, and don’t do a McLaren style balls up on that front, then it’s game on.

Great to see Lotus getting back on track.

It’ll be great for residuals if they have masses of orders and an 18 month waiting list.

They will only be able to make up to their max capacity, and a long lead time will keep residuals sky high, just as is found with Ferrari.

If they get the warranty and extended warranty pricing right, and don’t do a McLaren style balls up on that front, then it’s game on.

Great to see Lotus getting back on track.
    I’m in

I’m in

Strong upgrade from the Up! GTI ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Strong upgrade from the Up! GTI ;)
    Never had one. I drive an oil burning Golf so will be nice to have a fun car again.

Master
    I really like it. Keep going back to it wondering if I should leave a deposit.

I can’t get out of my head that the V6 version I would want will likely be bang on nice McLaren 570s by the time it comes.

From a couple of industry contacts and very early customer depositors.

Sorely tempted to stick a £2k deposit down and see how it goes.
    I did on Sunday at FoS.

I was told I was circa 900 in the queue.

I’ll decide whether to go through with it only after I’ve driven the car.

What I’m hoping is that a lightweight, hardcore version is released fairly soon. I don’t want electric seats, or sound deadening. I do want 500bhp and a big rear wing. I also want liquid yellow paint, but that’s not yet available.

I expect realistically it will be a few years before a car like that can be ordered.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I’ll decide whether to go through with it only after I’ve driven the car.
    Not sure that’s going to be possible before you have to commit to a spec/order in September?

Not sure that’s going to be possible before you have to commit to a spec/order in September?
    They’d better get some demonstrators built then.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Production will be limited to around 5,000 pa with the new facilities.

What I’m hoping is that a lightweight, hardcore version is released fairly soon. I don’t want electric seats, or sound deadening. I do want 500bhp and a big rear wing.
    Maybe just crank your Exige up to 500bhp whilst you’re waiting?

The Emira is never going to manage to get down to Exige weights & sizes. Any track version is going to be more along the lines of the Evora GT430.

Well, the Monkey liked it. He even recommended it ahead of a Pork. 😳

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018kjp

(Emira segment starts at 28:35. The rest is HGV stuff).

Quite a few reviews on YT, pretty much all of them released at the same time so there was obviously an embargo preventing early public reviews.

Generally very positive comments though Jethro Bovingdon's evo video wasn't all sunshine, he was driving a mismatched chassis and tyre set-up though. Bit odd how Lotus would have sent press cars out like that but hey-ho.

Tour and Sport review in case of interest- Harry Metcalfe always seems level headed about most cars from reviews I've seen.

Well, as I still can’t get a GT4RS I’m still in. :)
    It's just a matter of time...

I pulled my deposit a while back.

The Emira looks fantastic, I wish Lotus every success with it and I’m sure it will be a great sports car, but it’s not what I’m looking for.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries

Lotus Emira launch

I’d love one, the Elise would need to go though. Not sure I can part with it yet.

What a sorry state Lyneham looked.

I pulled my deposit a while back.

The Emira looks fantastic, I wish Lotus every success with it and I’m sure it will be a great sports car, but it’s not what I’m looking for.
    Right call Andy.

The V6 is an expensive, poorly made dud (IMV) iteration and the AMG 2.0 is yet to prove itself.

Feels like Lotus have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory unfortunately.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 20th June 2022 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Bit odd how Lotus would have sent press cars out like that but hey-ho.
    They didn’t.

Evo told Lotus that they were going to take a car over the Alps. Hence the touring suspension and Goodyear tyres.

Once that was done, without informing Lotus, Evo took the car to Anglesey to test it against a Cayman GT4. A fair fight? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Feels like Lotus have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory unfortunately.
    The order book, and 60 week waiting list, says differently, I’m afraid.

The Emira was never an Elise/Exige replacement. It is an Evora+.

Master
    Lardy Overpriced Toy Unreliable Surely?
    Last edited by Padders; 20th June 2022 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Lots Of Troubles Usually Serious.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Lots Of Troubles Usually Serious.
    Laid Off The Union Sorted? "currently owned by Chinese multinational Geely, with Etika Automotive as an equity partner."

Master
    Blog Entries

Lotus Emira launch

Picked my elise up today for storage, a well set up lotus is a joyful thing.
    Last edited by Middo; 21st June 2022 at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    They didn’t.

Evo told Lotus that they were going to take a car over the Alps. Hence the touring suspension and Goodyear tyres.

Once that was done, without informing Lotus, Evo took the car to Anglesey to test it against a Cayman GT4. A fair fight? You decide.
    I thought the car they tested was the sport chassis with the touring tyres? Sport = Michelin P2, Tour = Goodyear.

Actually, I've just checked the video again and it is the sport chassis with tour tyres, this wouldn't normally be how Lotus would supply the car.

I agree that a face off with a GT4 isn't a fair fight, though that again was insinuated in the video. A GTS would be closer, if/when Lotus release a hard-core Emira then a head to head GT4 battle would be interesting though the Porsche will always have that engine.