closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Had my second AZ jab early yesterday morning - rotten headache with mild nausea and a pretty sleepless night as a result. Feeling a lot better almost 24 hours later. I’m delighted to have been vaccinated and very grateful to the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Given the low number that have had a stroke following the AZ jab, I find it a little disturbing that I know of two people who have had a stroke after having the jab. Given we have a 70m plus population, that is either a massive coincidence that I know two of the 90 or they are not telling the truth.
    The more people you know who have had a stroke - the less chance you have of having one.

Life is full of coincidences - it is all about number of incidents/interactions each person has in a (say) year. Some are bound to be significant.

Master
    First Pfizer jab just now, in fact sitting in the 15 min rest area. Not the seamless process I expected having been given a 10 min time slot, of which I am 30 mins after with 10 mins still to wait.

Seemed to be a little bit of a queue to get in, register, queue to then get jabbed. I have a terrific fear of needles, so the last 40 mins have been somewhat traumatic for me - let’s just say I’m dripping in sweat from it all & apparently look a pale shade lol.

Injection didn’t hurt, but clearly in my head I build these things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having harangued my family into getting the jab, I've now been offered one.

Literally around the corner from me, and I'm strangely reluctant. I live alone, I don't see anyone other than the odd shopkeeper. Family all jabbed up.

Berate me pls.

Had my first on Saturday 17 April and was surprised to be getting the Moderna jab, bottom line is I didn’t care what I had as long as I got the vaccine. I’m pleasantly surprised to have had nothing more than a slightly tender arm, I’ve felt worse on an annual flu jab. I’m happy as Larry.

Craftsman
    My first one was Friday morning just gone.

I'm 48, managed to get booked in hours after they opened up to my age range. Had it done at the Roche head office, which was oddly where I worked a few years back, so it was nice to go back there for it.

Really efficient process, everyone welcoming and organised. In and out , including the observation within about 35 minutes.

Had an odd taste in my mouth within a few minutes of the jab which lasted a few hours. They spells of dizziness for the rest of the day.

That aside, no other side effects. Felt happy to have the Jan and proud too, doing a collective part too

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    First Pfizer jab just now, in fact sitting in the 15 min rest area. Not the seamless process I expected having been given a 10 min time slot, of which I am 30 mins after with 10 mins still to wait.

Seemed to be a little bit of a queue to get in, register, queue to then get jabbed. I have a terrific fear of needles, so the last 40 mins have been somewhat traumatic for me - let’s just say I’m dripping in sweat from it all & apparently look a pale shade lol.

Injection didn’t hurt, but clearly in my head I build these things up!
    I am sorry to hear about your Trypanophobia. I have had some injections and cannulations in the past that have been a bit painful, but I think most people can barely feel this vaccination. I assume they use a much smaller needle than for a e.g. cannulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your Trypanophobia. I have had some injections and cannulations in the past that have been a bit painful, but I think most people can barely feel this vaccination. I assume they use a much smaller needle than for a e.g. cannulation.
    I had the phobia from childhood to my mid twenties. I remember a time as a child it took a Dr and 2 nurses to hold me down to get a needle in me. It wasn't about the pain, i cant explain it. I used to have fillings done with no novocain as i didn't want the jab, pain of drilling was preferred to the needle for me at the time. It was peer pressure at work in my first job to go and donate blood with my colleagues that eventually got me over it. I'm totally fine with needles now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, I've got a French friend who's saying much the same (although it sounds like some parts of France are a lot better than others).

Here in the UK there's a stark difference in the performance of the 'Track and Trace' and the Vaccination initiatives :

The former was peddled off to centralised commercial-sector government cronies who'd never tracked or traced anything, while the local public sector public health departments (who've been tracking and tracing dozens of outbreaks for 20 years - swine flu, salmonella etc etc), were left in the cold with nothing to do. Needless to say central government have spent over 20 billion ukquid on it so far, and system performance is still borderline hopeless.

In contrast, although the vaccination programme in the UK throughout from science to jabbing was largely planned by a group of entrepreneurs, the right entrepreneurs were chosen. They consulted the right people across academia and the private and public sectors: consequently they invested right from the beginning and took educated risks on several vaccine pipelines, and they went for experience and reliability in implementation - ie they gave the actual immunisation role to those who do it all the time (the NHS, both centrally and General Practices), and they put logistics in the hands those who do that all the time - the military.

Surprise, surprise, if you plan right the way from beginning to end and give important jobs to people who are experienced and good at doing similar jobs, regardless of private or public status, it just works. On the other hand, if you're ideologically prejudiced to think the private sector's always better, sometimes you'll get it catastrophically wrong.
    By the way, if anyone’s interested in this area and is at a loose end from 19.00- 20.05 on Wednesday 19th May, there’s an interview organised by the Royal Society of Medicine with Kate Bingham, the entrepreneur who led the U.K. vaccine taskforce that made all the good decisions I was referring to above.

The RSM Covid webinar series have been really good. They are free and you don’t have to be a member of the society.

More details: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_...c-000d3a86d91a

Craftsman
    Had the AZ jab on Friday, and felt just fine all day. Come Saturday and Sunday I felt like I had a mid range hangover all weekend. I’m back to normal again today aside from feeling a little drained.

Very efficient process here in Wakey, and I’m glad I took the opportunity. Even though I felt rough all weekend I feel it’s worth it to contribute to getting back to normality.

Master
    I had mine yesterday & aside from a sore arm was fine. Today I’m getting the full works, hot & cold, aching all over & my calves have cramped so tight I can’t even roller them.

And the arm is still sore & heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I had mine yesterday & aside from a sore arm was fine. Today I’m getting the full works, hot & cold, aching all over & my calves have cramped so tight I can’t even roller them.

And the arm is still sore & heavy

You don't think that might be a sign of poor circulation? I'd phone NHS or your local practice - to be on the safe side.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    You don't think that might be a sign of poor circulation? I'd phone NHS or your local practice - to be on the safe side.
    I do have stupidly tight calves on an ongoing basis, need to stretch and roll them daily, no idea why. But your comment now has me thinking.

2nd AZ jab for me at midday today. So far all fine....but I do have an urge to sit in the garden drinking beer in the sun. I blame the vaccine!

Blog Entries
    Booked in my 2nd AZ via the NHS website - picked the location and the date. Easy Squeezy. Ready for my flight to Portugal to deal with the promissory (including non-refundable deposit) on my new villa yeh!

1st jab today (AZ). Smooth as silk and even though I'm not a fan of needles I hardly felt it.

7 hours since the jab and I had a bit of a fever but that's it. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

If offered a jab take it guys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    2nd AZ jab for me at midday today. So far all fine....but I do have an urge to sit in the garden drinking beer in the sun. I blame the vaccine!
    The side effects of the 2nd jab were far less than the 1st....a sore arm basically. And a bit of tiredness that meant I missed the end of the vGTG!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Thanks for posting the official name for the phobia concerned. Having checked the definition I wouldn't say I have an "extreme" fear of injections but I must admit I did have a mild dread on the day of my first jab. I felt sick looking at the chair in which I was to receive my dose of AZ, when I got to the front of the queue. I had to zone out and look the other way, and I actually shook for half a minute while the adrenaline subsided as I sat waiting to drive away.

It's not rational, but even though I knew it wouldn't be painful it's the idea more than the sensation that's troubling.

I think it must be a very small bore needle indeed. I wasn't given a plaster and I didn't even notice a spot of blood afterwards.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if there are any studies or statistics for people having ‘side effects’ who were given a placebo instead of the vaccine? The mind can play terrible games with the body sometimes.
    While some undoubtedly suffer side effects, would there be a percentage that might be psychosomatic?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Given that one third of infections are asymptomatic, does anyone know if there’s any data of % asymptomatic by age range?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Given that one third of infections are asymptomatic, does anyone know if there’s any data of % asymptomatic by age range?
    I don’t think we’d be able to generate any reliable data on that. They say one in three infections are asymptomatic, but that’s only the asymptomatic cases that have been confirmed. How many 1000’s of cases of asymptomatic cases are there that haven’t been recorded? Probably 100’s of thousands.

Second AZ vaccination yesterday. No ill-effects at all this time round. Three weeks to travelling, can't wait.

Master
    Had 1st AZ Saturday morning 11.30

Had very mild localised pain on the arm all weekend, worsening as each day passed. Still sore today, but only mildly

No headache at all, but I was hammering the paracetemol since Friday morning

Sleep slightly unsettled on Saturday night, but other than the sore arm, so real symptoms at all

EDIT: forgot this one, a slightly sore jaw! Didn't think it was related but a friend had the same symptom.

Hope I can say the same after the 2nd jab!

(For ref 43 yo, fairly fit)
    Last edited by demonloop; 26th April 2021 at 09:00.

Master
    Got my 2nd Pfizer Wednesday week, can't wait. No symptoms with the first, but have been told you can on the second. Paracetamol at the ready.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I had my second dose of the Pfizer yesterday. They asked if I had any sides from the first dose so I said sore arm for a few days and a mucky headache for a week. They advised I will probably get the same but a bit stronger.

Today my arm is quite painful and tender to touch, a lot worse than the first time. Head is starting to ache and I feel just drowsy. I dont know if the second dose is any stronger than the first, or may have some additions due to all the variants popping up, but 1 day later I deffo feel worse than I did after the first jab. Still glad I had it done though.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I got told to expect dose 2 to be worse with Pfizer. Felt very tired & achy after the first, so will look forward to my 2nd just before my wife’s 40th!

Blog Entries
    Booked second Pfizer jab for next Thursday. No real side effects the first time so hoping for the same. Really pleased to be getting it, I feel we are finally getting somewhere.

Am 44 and Had my first AZ jab yesterday. After a really disturbed nights sleep (just seemed to wake up every half hour then get straight back to sleep), have had a bit of a fuzzy head all day.

Sat down to watch a film with my son this aft and almost burst into tears at least 3 times - it was Dodgeball. Not exactly a tearjerker and I’ve seen it about 5 times, but was biting my lip trying to hold it together. Thank god we didn’t put a Disney one on I’d have been in bits! Is this a known side effect or am I the only one?

Second AZ appointment is in. Will be 9 weeks between doses and good timing for going away in June fully vaccinated.

My mum (in her 80s) had Pfizer (both jabs), but no significant symptoms with either.

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Am 44 and Had my first AZ jab yesterday. After a really disturbed nights sleep (just seemed to wake up every half hour then get straight back to sleep), have had a bit of a fuzzy head all day.

Sat down to watch a film with my son this aft and almost burst into tears at least 3 times - it was Dodgeball. Not exactly a tearjerker and I’ve seen it about 5 times, but was biting my lip trying to hold it together. Thank god we didn’t put a Disney one on I’d have been in bits! Is this a known side effect or am I the only one?
    Sounds like they muddled COVID with HRT!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Maybe there's something in that mind-control chip vaccine story after all...

Had my second OxAZ jab yesterday: last time my only significant issue was feeling really tired from 8 - 36h after the jab, but I've had absolutely nothing (yet) this time.

Once again it was quite the social occasion (bearing in mind the past 14 months). I was sitting in the 15' cooling-off area by chance next to a senior manager who I'd worked with in our department for 28 years before my retirement, and as I left I chatted to a friend from my camera club who was on his way in.

Grand Master
    had my 2nd AZ jab today, age 51 and no ongoing issues, my gp practice just seems on the ball getting things organised. no issues yet 3 hours in, lets see what tomorrow brings though last time it put me flat on my back for 24 hours, was warned this time might be worse.

...and feel like crap today, dog tired and random bits of me hurting for no reason. Went to local shop for milk etc and had to go to bed afterwards! Hopefully back to normal tomorrow
    Last edited by ktmog6uk; 6th May 2021 at 18:19.

Both my 97 year old dad and myself 63 had our 2nd AZ jab this morning, so far no effects.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Had my 2nd Phizer yesterday and no after effects😁 Liz thinks I'm an alien.

Journeyman
    Had my first jab (Pfizer) Tuesday morning. No side effects other than a dull ache for 24 hours in my arm. Much to the other half’s disappointment as she was in clip for a couple of days.

Just had my first AZ jab (40 yrs old). Well organised vaccine centre (Basildon, Essex) and was in and out within 15 mins. Grateful to all volunteers staff and NHS workers too.
    No real side effects other than a tender arm.

Just back from receiving my 2nd jab. I'm hoping it doesn't affect me like the 1st, which was worse than when I had Covid back in November, albeit for several days rather than several weeks. However, I believe that liberal dosing with a combination of red wine, porter and Quarter Cask Laphroaig will help counter any side effects and the application begins at 5pm.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Just back from receiving my 2nd jab. I'm hoping it doesn't affect me like the 1st, which was worse than when I had Covid back in November, albeit for several days rather than several weeks. However, I believe that liberal dosing with a combination of red wine, porter and Quarter Cask Laphroaig will help counter any side effects and the application begins at 5pm.
    Be interested to see how you get on with the 2nd one. My first (AZ) wiped me out. Anyway, good luck!

Grand Master
    I do love a Quarter Cask!
    Last night after feeling rubbish all day I rang work to take today off, I couldn’t be bothered to cook so ordered a Chinese banquet.
    After well over an hour it was awol so I checked just eat and realised I’d sent it to my work address. Rang my colleagues to see if it had arrived there and got treated to hilarity and loud chomping. Gits!
    Still sore all over today but feeling a bit better, brain fog seems to be receding a bit too.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Blog Entries
    2nd Pfizer jab Thursday, no side effects except arm felt bruised that night.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Be interested to see how you get on with the 2nd one. My first (AZ) wiped me out. Anyway, good luck!
    Thanks, mine were also AZ. The 1st was early morning, just like the 2nd, and I went to bed feeling OK but awoke next day feeling crap, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. I've read that if you've had the virus, as I have, then the 1st jab can cause an adverse reaction, but the 2nd isn't so bad, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I do love a Quarter Cask!
    Last night after feeling rubbish all day I rang work to take today off, I couldn’t be bothered to cook so ordered a Chinese banquet.
    After well over an hour it was awol so I checked just eat and realised I’d sent it to my work address. Rang my colleagues to see if it had arrived there and got treated to hilarity and loud chomping. Gits!
    Still sore all over today but feeling a bit better, brain fog seems to be receding a bit too.

Now look what you've done! I'm thinking that the herbs and spices in a steaming hot curry might be beneficial to ward off any vaccine effects. Where's that takeaway menu?
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    2nd Pfizer last Wednesday, no side effects whatsoever, save an almost unnoticible ache in upper arm, woo-hoo.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Had my first jab (AZ) at Bath racecourse today, didn’t even feel the needle go in but now about 3 hours later I’ve got a noticeable dead upper arm and the start of a stabby headache. I’ve been taking paracetamol since noon today so helpfully it’ll reduce and side effects.

Just an ache where the needle went in, the medicine seems to be working so far . . .

F.T.F.A.

Had my 1st AZ jab at 11am in Cambridge today.

Now got aching joints (and groin, weirdly) and feeling cold and fluey. Not cool. Dreading waking up feeling awful tomorrow as I’m on duty with our 2.5yo daughter and 1 month old son.

Morning Update

Yup - feel crap. Foggy head and headache, slept like a zombie, half awake all night. Ache all over. Hopefully it’s all worth it!
    Last edited by mr noble; 9th May 2021 at 07:37.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning! Night and day compared to the after effects of the first jab. The wine and beer dosing must have worked last night.
    F.T.F.A.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning! Night and day compared to the after effects of the first jab. The wine and beer dosing must have worked last night.
    Clearly demonstrating the benefits of the grape and the hop!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post

Morning Update

Yup - feel crap. Foggy head and headache, slept like a zombie, half awake all night. Ache all over. Hopefully it’s all worth it!
    Sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon.
    Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post

Now got aching joints (and groin, weirdly) and feeling cold and fluey. Not cool. Dreading waking up feeling awful tomorrow as I’m on duty with our 2.5yo daughter and 1 month old son.

Morning Update

Oh dear, hope it passes quickly.
    Last edited by magirus; 10th May 2021 at 12:31.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Clearly demonstrating the benefits of the grape and the hop!
    Natural healing at it's finest! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Good news!
    Thank you! Off for a walk in the sun shortly, when I half expected to be abed.
    F.T.F.A.