closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not another Speedy Tuesday?

Master
    Flesh coloured penis and a Pokemon on the dial, sweet.

People must be brave (that self admittedly don’t have money to risk) by spending £5k on something in the hope to make £1k!

I actually like the orange (yes it’s ORANGE not red) seconds hand but the rest is OTT. Imagine how nice it’d have been in a straight lug case with just the orange hand (maybe slightly lighter) Less is more!

“Oh that looks nice with the orange second hand, great. Now let’s add the orange to the bezel, done. Errr, actually let’s slap loads around the dial, hmm may be controversial. Get it made... actually no, make the penis a more natural colour. Go, go... hold on, slap a Pokemon on the dial and make it a tacky box”

Craftsman
    I'm not a fan at all, of Omega or the watch.

Looks half decent. The superhero thing is seriously naff though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    A slight misspelling, tackymeter.

Please don't worry, there'll be plenty on sale @ +£1-2K over rrp shortly after release.

I had to look up Ultraman but am still mystified by the connection between a 1950s Swiss watch design and a late 60s Japanese superhero...
    I'm not worried, but would rather avoid paying the additional £1k that I did for last year's version, plus the further cost of a bracelet, again!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Flesh coloured penis and a Pokemon on the dial, sweet.

People must be brave (that self admittedly don’t have money to risk) by spending £5k on something in the hope to make £1k!

I actually like the orange (yes it’s ORANGE not red) seconds hand but the rest is OTT. Imagine how nice it’d have been in a straight lug case with just the orange hand (maybe slightly lighter) Less is more!

“Oh that looks nice with the orange second hand, great. Now let’s add the orange to the bezel, done. Errr, actually let’s slap loads around the dial, hmm may be controversial. Get it made... actually no, make the penis a more natural colour. Go, go... hold on, slap a Pokemon on the dial and make it a tacky box”
    I take it you're not keen?

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    a Pokemon on the dial
    That’ll be next year’s LE

Many a true word is spoken in jest

Speedy Power Ranger

Speedy Super Mario

Speedy Tamagotchi

Speedy Gonzales

[Apologies, thought I was in ‘word association’ for a brief moment.]

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    That’ll be next year’s LE

Many a true word is spoken in jest

Speedy Power Ranger

Speedy Super Mario

Speedy Tamagotchi
    I actually think you might be onto something there!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    And so it begins....£10.5k on eBay Australia. Having been "promised" priority on missing out on the speedy tuesday I get an email at 11.30...half hour after going live apparently and then selling out.Omega quoted 1 hour 53 minutes to sell out with up to 1 hour email replies in order to follow up on orders and confirmation.Missed out again through work commitments. Quite like the watch and hope most have gone to real collectors.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app
    I appreciate buying watches isn’t all just about making a quick buck but I recall many so call ‘experts’ mocking the Silver Snoopy when that came out - we’ll, look at it now on its way to £20k. I personally think £4.75k will be a small price to pay for this one in the longer term and good luck to all those that managed to procure one. So what if it’s a bit ‘out there’ and Ultraman doesn’t exist in real-life, I’m sure there’s plenty of bitter snipers who’d jump at the chance of owning one if they could.

In spite of the safety related link to Peanuts, a cartoon!, I think it is reasonable to say that most non-WIS people (and many within that group) view the latest Snoopy model in the same light. It is also fair to say, that hasn’t hurt values at all.

Why would they put basically a cartoon character on it? I don’t follow. Snoopy was of course somewhat relevant but ultraman? Cmon

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Why would they put basically a cartoon character on it? I don’t follow. Snoopy was of course somewhat relevant but ultraman? Cmon
    https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedmaster-ultraman/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I take it you're not keen?
    Or he wasn't fast enough to get an allocation

Master
    Blog Entries
    Always loved my moonwatch but enough of the new ones, I think they dilute the whole ethos and if they make a few wrong turns could give them all a whiff of naffness. Who wants to walk around wearing Star Wars episode 1...

I have to say I adore the look of this Ultraman version though, but at that money it presents a lot of other choices.

It is now pretty much guaranteed that Omega will release a 50th anniversary moonwatch with a stepped dial, DON bezel and an applied logo next year. If that one is a limited edition then I suspect it will do very well for the flippers.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    It is now pretty much guaranteed that Omega will release a 50th anniversary moonwatch with a stepped dial, DON bezel and an applied logo next year. If that one is a limited edition then I suspect it will do very well for the flippers.
    How limited is a watch with over 2k produced?

I guess the whole production of Blancpain rattrappantes so far doesn't amount to that number.

A very smart way to sell a lot of not even produced watches.
    Did Omega deliver all the watches in the previous limited edition? If I remember correctly they took quite some time.

I've told someone before and will repeat it here:
    - buy regular Speedmaster pro's, they are bound to get very rare some day, with all these limiteds...

Don't worry if you missed out on this. There is another LE coming out this year.

The Omega Tenuous Link LE. Roll up, roll up.

Master
    Next year is the 50th Ann of the moon landings. I started a list at a local AD months ago as that'll be the model to have! A real link, a real anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    How limited is a watch with over 2k produced?

I guess the whole production of Blancpain rattrappantes so far doesn't amount to that number.

A very smart way to sell a lot of not even produced watches.
    Did Omega deliver all the watches in the previous limited edition? If I remember correctly they took quite some time.

I've told someone before and will repeat it here:
    - buy regular Speedmaster pro's, they are bound to get very rare some day, with all these limiteds...

Limited enough, it's now no longer available! !)

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Limited enough, it's now no longer available! !)
    Veblen... The rush and wanting to buy something that is presented as scarce (and hence: exclusive / expensive) has worked out well for Omega. There will probably be some people around willing to part with even more hard earned cash to buy one.

However, with 2k plus of those out there, it never will become very hard to get. Just more expensive than the regular.
    If there were a 200 made, it might get tougher. Look at the availability of the original Dreadnought, made by Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Next year is the 50th Ann of the moon landings. I started a list at a local AD months ago as that'll be the model to have! A real link, a real anniversary.
    Lol... perhaps they will adorn it with both Snoopy and an image of the moon 😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I appreciate buying watches isn’t all just about making a quick buck but I recall many so call ‘experts’ mocking the Silver Snoopy when that came out - we’ll, look at it now on its way to £20k. I personally think £4.75k will be a small price to pay for this one in the longer term and good luck to all those that managed to procure one. So what if it’s a bit ‘out there’ and Ultraman doesn’t exist in real-life, I’m sure there’s plenty of bitter snipers who’d jump at the chance of owning one if they could.
    Yes i wanted a Silver Snoopy and thought paying double the price when you couldn't get one was silly.

As you say now touching £20000.

I was hoping for a black hole

Craftsman
    Just as a matter of interest at what time did any of you guys who were succesful " Reserve"?

I received an email at 11.28 , but didn't spot until 1.20 ish by which time I was placed on the "waiting list"

Like others slightly peeved about the email I received ostensibly promising I would be more sucessful as I missed out on the Speedy Tuesday.

Hey ho.

Do like the watch though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Reserved at 11:19am

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Just as a matter of interest at what time did any of you guys who were succesful " Reserve"?

I received an email at 11.28 , but didn't spot until 1.20 ish by which time I was placed on the "waiting list"

Like others slightly peeved about the email I received ostensibly promising I would be more sucessful as I missed out on the Speedy Tuesday.

Hey ho.

11:29 when I reserved mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Yes i wanted a Silver Snoopy and thought paying double the price when you couldn't get one was silly.

As you say now touching £20000.
    Strange, isn't it? For something with an enamel caseback (which you probably won't be looking at so often) and a different (in my opinion: too busy) dial, people are willing to pay several times the price of the regular watch...

I remember the times the limiteds could be had new for several years after they were introduced!
    Times have changed...

Craftsman

50th

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Would certainly agree on next year and the 50th anniversary moon landing release or maybe that will be releases, with Omega track record on these type of events. If there will one Speedy to have, that is probably the one with a genuine link to a world changing event.

Back to the new Ultraman release and Fratellowatches have an image of the two speedy Tuesday releases side by side and you can understand the special nature of the original. Really stands out against the Ultraman, which in comparison does look a little second best.

We probably have another case of buyers clamouring to get hold of this due to the initial hype, missing out on the original Tuesday and the initial speculation profit and not wanting to do so again but with many dealers having seen lower than expected profits on the last few speedmaster release and still sitting on stock with the Ck2998 and 60th speedy in mind, will be interesting to see if this initial clamouring starts to cool if it looks like expected margins will not be realised.

Big next year, with the Heuer Monaco anniversary, the moon landing anniversary and low on the radar it will also be the Omega mk11 50th anniversary.

Craftsman

Speculators

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Strange, isn't it? For something with an enamel caseback (which you probably won't be looking at so often) and a different (in my opinion: too busy) dial, people are willing to pay several times the price of the regular watch...

I remember the times the limiteds could be had new for several years after they were introduced!
    Times have changed...
    People have seen how one or two LE have rocketed in the value and believe this will happen to every LE and have hoovered them up. Good luck on that theory. All these LE editions are still sitting in dealers stock etc with the mark up and nobody is rushing to buy them. If there is one market which is likely heading for a fall it could well be the Omega LE, with a couple of exceptions(snoopy because of the direct NASA link).

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    People have seen how one or two LE have rocketed in the value and believe this will happen to every LE and have hoovered them up. Good luck on that theory. All these LE editions are still sitting in dealers stock etc with the mark up and nobody is rushing to buy them. If there is one market which is likely heading for a fall it could well be the Omega LE, with a couple of exceptions(snoopy because of the direct NASA link).
    I'm afraid you might be right.
    The funny thing is that usually the initially not very loved watches ended up being exclusive and expensive, like the Daytona Paul Newman. Anybody buying such a ltd. Omega will probably realise the amount of money they put in it and will pamper it/keep it pristine for future sale. This way the model will be available for a long time.

When it comes to a 50th anniversary Speedmaster, Omega might consider a 16769 run (16-7-'69) LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post

Hey ho.

11:27 email arrived
    11:35 clicked on reserve - offered 0085
    11:36 sense prevailed - I prefer non-LE watches, I had no idea what the watch was commemorating or any relation to the event, I have no need for a chronograph, I have no wish to profit out of the slower of finger, I already have one more watch than I need: two, I decided against it.

For about £2,500 more you can have a new discounted Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Correction £2,800 on Chrono24

As has been said here before, it will be the non-LE that are worth the money in the long run. Omega are becoming a joke. I speak as an Omega user.

Which is the nearest non-LE Speedmaster to this watch?
    Last edited by Templogin; 11th July 2018 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post

Which is the nearest non-LE Speedmaster to this watch?
    This!

Saved 6.5K.

I should have said current Speedmaster. I am assuming that one is not current?

Master
    Not convinced I’m afraid. The original Speedy Tuesday got my attention because it’s a panda dial, or reverse panda. The picture made me stop and look. This one though... an expensive Speedy with some red bits. While some will like it, I wonder if it’s sold out so quickly just because so many people assume they will make an instant profit. Maybe they will, but for me the emperor is wearing fewer clothes this time.

I should have said current Speedmaster. I am assuming that one is not current?
    Oh but it is. The only thing that is not stock on that photo is NATO strap

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    ... but for me the emperor is wearing fewer clothes this time.

At least no metal bracelet...

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Oh but it is. The only thing that is not stock on that photo is NATO strap
    Can I ask which reference it is please?

Journeyman
    Ultraman, my a££

Can I ask which reference it is please?
    3570.50, the same watch as the current 311.30.42.30.01.005 except the "upgraded" bracelet with screws on links

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Saw it on my Facebook feed yesterday...

I should imagine Japanese collectors will be going nuts for these when they become available and that in itself will drive prices sky high.

Sorry I don’t get it. Yet another speedie. And how much? Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Sorry I don’t get it. Yet another speedie. And how much? Crazy

There is nothing to get. Don’t like, don’t buy. Like, and don’t mind the price then buy - simple as that.

For me it looks a hell of a lot better than many more expensive watches.
    It's just a matter of time...

Looks very nice well done to those who got one

Journeyman
    I went to the reserve screen and was offered 0085, but decided against it. I hope whoever got it instead will enjoy it.
    I got offered the same number but got kicked out at the last hurdle and couldn't get back on.

Anyone getting 2 or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    3570.50, the same watch as the current 311.30.42.30.01.005 except the "upgraded" bracelet with screws on links

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Excellent! £3,520 plus a strap on it. Seems incredibly good value against an Ultraman.

Excellent! £3,520 plus a strap on it. Seems incredibly good value against an Ultraman.
    Ah, but it’s not the Ultraman...

But does the difference provide good value?

But does the difference provide good value?
    Only time will tell...