closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: White House Farm Murders - TV Show

White House Farm Murders - TV Show

Not really one for who done it, but this awful atrocity took place very local to me. Back in the mid 1980's I read the newspapers vividly to get information (as we all did). I was as shocked as many were, when Bamber's girlfriend seemed to stick him in the frame.

Watching the programme, (which is heavily influenced by the Father of the two boys murdered account) it showed a pretty botched Police investigation.
    Bamber has always sworn his innocence but was convicted on his girlfriends testimony. This case is one of the worst killings in modern times in Essex. But has never been properly explained. I found the programme pretty shocking to be honest, I felt the actors have done a good job so far. As with the Christine Keeler series, it does help to get to the bottom of recent historical events, but shows how powerful news papers once were in influencing public opinion.

I always felt Bamber did it & still do, but the way this case was handled was pretty dire by Essex Police and the CPS.
    If your interested in how the case unfolds take a look at Bamber's point of view.

https://jeremybamber.org/

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    If your interested in how the case unfolds take a look at Bamber's point of view.

https://jeremybamber.org/
    That does not tell you how the case unfolds given it is a self-serving account of a murderer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    which channel?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    which channel?
    Think it was ITV.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Think it was ITV.
    Yep, it’s on ITV. Every Wednesday at 9pm I think.
    Thought it was gripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    That does not tell you how the case unfolds given it is a self-serving account of a murderer.
    Which is what I said in my post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started watching it but thought the cast was poor so switched off.

Master
    It was poor but i thought it might be as i always check how many eposides there are...6 in this series which means for something like it it is too long when 3 or 4 would have been more compelling...just the way to fill up TV schedules.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    It was poor but i thought it might be as i always check how many eposides there are...6 in this series which means for something like it it is too long when 3 or 4 would have been more compelling...just the way to fill up TV schedules.

Nothing obviously relevant happened in the first 15/20 minutes.

As you say, as they often do, they have managed to cram 2 or so hours of content into 6 one hour episodes!!

I think he's guilty.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Nothing obviously relevant happened in the first 15/20 minutes.

As you say, as they often do, they have managed to cram 2 or so hours of content into 6 one hour episodes!!
    That’s a fair point, annoys me no end, too. They stretch these kind of series out to 6+ episodes where 3-4 would suffice.

Are you watching the Christine Keeler thing on BBC? Same thing, last week’s episode, nothing happened. Grr

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Whereas in something like Line of Duty, all six episodes are packed with content, drama and suspense.

AC12!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfiesPapa View Post
    That’s a fair point, annoys me no end, too. They stretch these kind of series out to 6+ episodes where 3-4 would suffice.

Are you watching the Christine Keeler thing on BBC? Same thing, last week’s episode, nothing happened. Grr

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was OK, the tough scary Scouse from line of duty is now a tough scary Taff in this one,he seems to have aged as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfiesPapa View Post

Rather proves the point for me! I saw it was 6 episodes and decided not to bother!

The Jeremy Thorpe drama with Hugh Grant (last year?) got it right - I think it was 3 x 1 hour episodes. Enough to tell the story in an interesting manner but not padding.

The reference to Line of Duty made me think. Fiction dramas work for a long series because you don’t know what is going to happen. Factual dramas have a known end point so you can’t create the same suspense.

He’s one of the reasons I switched it off. Terrible actor who has been awful in everything I’ve seen him in.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I thought it was OK, the tough scary Scouse from line of duty is now a tough scary Taff in this one,he seems to have aged as well.

Journeyman
    Still enjoyed it. Will watch the rest. Know the ending but won't spoil it for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    He’s one of the reasons I switched it off. Terrible actor who has been awful in everything I’ve seen him in.
    I have to disagree. Brilliant actor in ‘This Is England’ although he seems to get cast in uk dramas as ‘shouty Northerner’. Also in The Irishman recently. Good actor, working a lot, personally I think he’s in danger of being typecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Graham. Good actor imo. He was in Snatch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I have to disagree. Brilliant actor in ‘This Is England’ although he seems to get cast in uk dramas as ‘shouty Northerner’. Also in The Irishman recently. Good actor, working a lot, personally I think he’s in danger of being typecast
    As long as it's paying his mortgage, I don't imagine he's too bothered really. And yeah, I agree, he is a good actor.