closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2022

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    For sure, but on the whole I’d rather still have Romain Grosjean, Lewis Hamilton and several others around still and put up with it 
    Of course a very valid point and I accept the reason for it, however I find it off putting all the same.

Just watched the formula-regional-european-championship race at Monaco.

I think they are 290bhp, and laptimes of around 1:30.

Barring any change to the track in the interim - that compares to the F1 times of 1969? I would expect them to equal cars of a later year - even though they had over 400bhp.

Have to say - great racing, and probably more appropriate to the Monaco circuit (along with historic F-1) than the current regulation.

Interesting that Monaco's special contract terms (perhaps ending this year…) allow it to manage its paddock club, control the TV feed and erect its own advertising.

The last point accounting for the “TAG Heuer Official Watch Monaco GP” bridge banners and TAG Heuer trackside advertising, incongruously alongside the “official F1 sponsor” Rolex adverts…

Master
    The weather for the start of this Monaco GP is going to make this really interesting.

Edit: Some strange decisions being made by the race director never seen anything like this.
    Last edited by tango; 29th May 2022 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The weather for the start of this Monaco GP is going to make this really interesting.

Edit: Some strange decisions being made by the race director never seen anything like this.
    At least it's coming down harder now so it looks like Race Control didn't make too big of a mistake.. we shall see

Master
    Pretty much giving initiative to LeClerc starting behind safety car.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

But a wet Monaco GP is always exciting! Pit strategy will probably determine the winner today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Pretty much giving initiative to LeClerc starting behind safety car.

I find it all very strange and confusing.

Master
    F1 proving itself to be an utter shambles once again

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post

You'd think this was a junior race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Bizarre and not seen so much confusion like this before.

Master
    What is the point of Latifi except to add randomness.

Master
    Wow never nice seeing a car break in two!

Thankfully they’re all well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    What is the point of Latifi except to add randomness.
    🤣

First images of Leclerc running to talk to his pit wall about how he got screwed in strategy during the red flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    First images of Leclerc running to talk to his pit wall about how he got screwed in strategy during the red flag
    I don't understand..................

What’s the rule for cutting the line on pit exit? Verstappen got awfully close to it.

👍

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Schumy Jr, once again trying to drive beyond his talent. I hate to think how much a brand new Haas costs, but well north of £1m. He was very lucky not to be seriously hurt.

Typical boring race, the result decided by pit strategies with no overtaking on track. Even Q3 was a screw up.

Given the cost cap, the FIA need to have this purely as an optional exhibition race, or stop it completely. If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.
    I'm very glad you're not also. Tell that to Olivier Panis and Ligier. Dope.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    What’s the rule for cutting the line on pit exit? Verstappen got awfully close to it.
    If you are not RB a penalty.
    If you are max, the fia look the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'm very glad you're not also. Tell that to Olivier Panis and Ligier. Dope.
    Oh yes, let’s talk about a race that occurred 26 years ago, because that really relevant. Especially a race which saw only 3 car actually make it to the finish line.

I suppose in your world, nothing has changed in 26 years.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh yes, let’s talk about a race that occurred 26 years ago, because that really relevant. Especially a race which saw only 3 car actually make it to the finish line.

The point of your post that prompted the response was highlighting that you ignored the fact that team managers cannot afford not to start. It would burn them more money.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Well you started it with your daft comment. If it wasn't for races that occurred years ago, there would be no racing history therefore no former champions and consequently no point whatsoever in entertaining a World Championship.
    I get that your man Sir Louise isn't knocking spots off anything at all this season but given your commentary, it won't matter historically because there won't be the need to quote things from the past so we'll not know just how "not great" old Louise is not actually getting on this year I guess ? 🤔
    As you were ......

Well you started it with your daft comment. If it wasn't for races that occurred years ago, there would be no racing history therefore no former champions and consequently no point whatsoever in entertaining a World Championship.
    I get that your man Sir Louise isn't knocking spots off anything at all this season but given your commentary, it won't matter historically because there won't be the need to quote things from the past so we'll not know just how "not great" old Louise is not actually getting on this year I guess ? 樂
    As you were ......
    I'd didn't understand a word of that. I guess by Louise you mean Lewis, very clever
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 2nd June 2022 at 23:27.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    I'd didn't understand a word of that. I guess by Lousie you mean Lewis, very clever
    Amusing the way you read it as opposed to how it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Amusing the way you read it as opposed to how it was written.
    That wasn't how I read it, just a simple typo on my part.

That wasn't how I read it, just a simple typo on my part.
    In which case the «*lousy*» disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The point of your post that prompted the response was highlighting that you ignored the fact that team managers cannot afford not to start. It would burn them more money.
    Not sure how you figure that. The teams actually pay the FIA 6k Euro/car to race. They also have to pay for travel, Labour, expenses, hospitality plus the cost of the parts, engines, etc. Remember the spend cap.

They might have to refund sponsors for not showing up at one event, but I imagine they would be a lot better off. The only question would be whether the FIA would impose a fine for not showing up - thus making themselves even more popular with teams/fans.

Friedrich Nietzsche

If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.
    If you'll just admit that this was a nonsensical and stupid comment from you, we can put this right to bed and move on....

If you'll just admit that this was a nonsensical and stupid comment from you, we can put this right to bed and move on....
    Makes perfect sense to me, but if you don’t agree, then fair enough.

But do yourself a favour and check out the Austin GP 2005 when two teams didn’t race.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Lolz, you want me to admit my comment was nonsensical. Priceless. Firstly the team are not contractually obliged to race. Prize money is given out at the end of year based upon points won, NOT the number of starts. Races do not have to have all 20 cars on the grid in order to take place. Austin 2005 springs to mind. Also in the event of a teams/driver receiving a penalty they would be forced to miss a race. All this before a team deciding to withdraw there cars/drivers before the race. LeClerc at Monaco 2021 springs to mind. So the only nonsensical element of my comment is the fact you cannot get your head around basic facts.

Hence if a team felt the cost/benefit of racing, worked against them, they why not pull out of a race, especially one which is a simply a parade around Monte Carlo.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Not much attention for F1 here....
    How come?

Master
    I am watching qualifying, Verstappen is well ahead of the rest truly shows his class in wet. Russell again looking competent as he has done all season. Shame Leclerc will be starting at the back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I am watching qualifying, Verstappen is well ahead of the rest truly shows his class in wet. Russell again looking competent as he has done all season. Shame Leclerc will be starting at the back.
    Alonso still has it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Alonso still has it!
    Evidently so, would love to see him get a podium finish tonight.

I reckon Hamilton will nick a podium today, I would rather it be Russell though, but lets just see how things pan out

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    I reckon Hamilton will nick a podium today, I would rather it be Russell though, but lets just see how things pan out
    Would be good for him but I think it's just one of those seasons for him this year sadly.

Blog Entries
    Close final 15 rounds! Great racing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    Well predicted. Good end, would have been nice if Sainz could have made the move to win, but credit to Seb.

Craftsman
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.

What are you referring to here??

Poor Lewis.
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.
    He plays the game just like everyone else, and just like every other F1 driver in history.... He never thinks he's at fault!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    He plays the game just like everyone else, and just like every other F1 driver in history.... He never thinks he's at fault!
    Yes thats a widely displayed characteristic of all racing drivers.

Poor Lewis.
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.
    Just stating the facts. He's been pretty reserved given Max's appalling driving last year.

It's funny how Max doesn't force everyone off the track anymore since the overtaking rules (that already applied to everyone else) were clarified this year.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 5th July 2022 at 20:25.

Craftsman
    Another masterclass of MV yesterday at Hungaroring. Second world title seems to be a certainty.

Master
    Another masterclass in Spaghetti Strategy as well, with the recipe unfortunately also shared by McLaren...

If Lewis hadn't had the wing issue it would probably have been a very entertaining battle with MV: George might have joined in if he'd also started on mediums.

Craftsman
    Nothing much wrong with the Ferrari car, but while strategy always has an element of risk, Ferrari keep getting it wrong. Hope the boss doesn't play poker. Glad Mercedes are back in with a shout. The more the better. What's behind Alonso going?

Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    What's behind Alonso going?
    TCFKAP my guess...?

(The Currency Formerly Known As Pesetas)

Blog Entries
    Just stating the facts. He's been pretty reserved given Max's appalling driving last year.

It's funny how Max doesn't force everyone off the track anymore since the overtaking rules (that already applied to everyone else) were clarified this year.

Close to the BP this one. I'm not reacting on this one here. Let's file this under 'P' of 'Perspective'.