closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Unity Soft - Very Cheap Genuine Microsoft Windows & Office Licences - 25% Off

The Unity Soft - Very Cheap Genuine Microsoft Windows & Office Licences - 25% Off

I've recommended TheUnitySoft.com several times here for cheap, genuine MS licences. A heads-up that there's now (from 25 to 30 Nov) an additional 25% off using the code: BF2020 at checkout.
    Last edited by Skier; 25th November 2020 at 18:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I've recommended TheUnitySoft.com several times here for cheap, genuine MS licences. A heads-up that there's now (from 25 to 30 Nov) an additional 25% off using the code: BF2020 at checkout.
    Im glad you posted this as i was just going to purchase. cheers.

Can you recommend which one i should go for I need Word, Excel and Powerpoint mainly

I've just bought Office 2019 from them for a standalone licence, That's what you need.

£17.24 all in, lifetime purchase

It's £199.99 on the microsoft homepage and stupid Office 365 is £5.99/month FOR EVER

Master
    Great timing, just bought one two days ago!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I've just bought Office 2019 from them for a standalone licence, That's what you need.

£17.24 all in, lifetime purchase

It's £199.99 on the microsoft homepage and stupid Office 365 is £5.99/month FOR EVER
    I went for the 2016 at £15, its for the kids homework etc so more than adequate

Journeyman
    Office 2019 is sold out
    Is there much difference between Office 2019 and Office 2016?

Blog Entries
    Office 2019 Pro version is still available and at around £20 is still good value IMHO.
    Last edited by vagabond; 25th November 2020 at 15:36. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Office 2019 Pro version is still available and at around £25 is still good value IMHO.
    Just bought Office 2019 Pro and with the 25% off it came to a few pence over £20.00.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Very much appreciated.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the link, I bought Office Home 2019.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Im glad you posted this as i was just going to purchase. cheers.

Can you recommend which one i should go for I need Word, Excel and Powerpoint mainly
    My recommendation would be to buy Office 2016 Professional Plus for $30 (-25%) so $22.50 - bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Office 2019 is sold out
    Is there much difference between Office 2019 and Office 2016?
    The Office 2019 Professional Plus is still showing as available at $34.99 and I would always recommend this version over the standard. Your call of course but at $26.24 it's a bargain.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Office 2019 Professional for me.
    Struggling switching off the focused inbox in outlook though
    Much more to Outlook than the free version

Master
    Are these OEM licences? Do you get any paperwork or just a code?

Activation code by email. That's it, but good support. I had one that didn't work a few years ago, they responded to email in 5 mins and sent out another code.
    I have years of happy code activation with them. They just don't seem hooky.

I've never paid more than £3.99 a month for office365 Home - I just stack them when they come up on offer.

For me the benefit is the 1tb of storage per user, the apps are an aside - at 60p per user per month - it's a bargain for me.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 26th November 2020 at 12:12.

Master
    Activation code by email. That's it, but good support. I had one that didn't work a few years ago, they responded to email in 5 mins and sent out another code.
    I have years of happy code activation with them. They just don't seem hooky.
    They do seem hooky, a US address, UK Ts and Cs (cut and paste job) and a domain registered to a German clothes company, website hosted in the US. However, for home use, if the OEM licence works then it works. It's a grey area and widely exploited. Although, I wouldn't like to be a business that got audited having used these codes.

Craftsman
    Got a Win10 Pro Update which worked out just under £16. Handy to have access to the bitlocker features.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    They do seem hooky, a US address, UK Ts and Cs (cut and paste job) and a domain registered to a German clothes company, website hosted in the US. However, for home use, if the OEM licence works then it works. It's a grey area and widely exploited. Although, I wouldn't like to be a business that got audited having used these codes.
    Out of interest, why?

Master
    Well my download for win 19 pro just won't work. Email sent so waiting to hear from them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Well my download for win 19 pro just won't work. Email sent so waiting to hear from them.
    Mine came up with an initial error but then activated as it went through the restart process. HTH.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Out of interest, why?
    Because it’s not within the terms of the OEM licence. So there’s a nice corporate entity to pursue for losses. Neither is home use really, in the way these are sold anyway. Meant to be sold with a new device if they are indeed OEM licences. But whether anyone cares about single users is another matter?

Master
    I bought an office package in Feb of this year from Unity, can’t remember the version number, but it was faultless and has worked ever since.

Master
    This is driving me mad. Their solution is to download in chrome incognito. This still won't work on my home pc but did at work. So downloaded onto a memory stick and started setup at home but now get a read error. I used this lot for a windows licence a while back and it was fine. This is quite a battle.
    I'll try a couple of downloads tomorrow and see if one of them works. Is it possible the RAR file I am downloading is corrupt?

Craftsman
    Downloaded Office Home on my office computer no problems at all and works a treat. Do need it on my laptop too, but notice it’s 1 PC only, so I’ll stick with Office 2010 which is no longer supported.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    This is driving me mad. Their solution is to download in chrome incognito. This still won't work on my home pc but did at work. So downloaded onto a memory stick and started setup at home but now get a read error. I used this lot for a windows licence a while back and it was fine. This is quite a battle.
    I'll try a couple of downloads tomorrow and see if one of them works. Is it possible the RAR file I am downloading is corrupt?
    I had an issue with the install, it was my machine at fault not their code.

They sent me to the website that had a program to uninstall any MS Office stuff on my machine, did that and went through the process again and it worked.

I spoke to the tech guy on the chat feature and he guided me through it - worth a shot if you have already.

Master
    When using this site can you download the office software from Microsoft site or do you have to use the download link they give you?

Master
    When using this site can you download the office software from Microsoft site or do you have to use the download link they give you?
    pretty sure their link is the one to the official MS download site iirc.

You download an iso file of Office from their own site, and follow their installation instructions, and the Microsoft registration procedure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    You download an iso file of Office from their own site, and follow their installation instructions, and the Microsoft registration procedure.
    Noted. I did buy a license from them but we could not get it working. Think we had downloaded from a different link. Not sure it should make a difference.

You guys are really selling this to the rest of us...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    You guys are really selling this to the rest of us...
    What could possibly be wrong, following a convoluted installation process including having download the office suite from a 3rd parties site seems fine to me...

Blog Entries
    I bought the MS Office 2019 Pro version for my son's laptop - the download is an ISO and install and license worked faultlessly. Following install we also downloaded/installed the latest updates direct from MS.

You do need to uninstall any MS Office versions you may already have, prior to installation (and restart) just to make it cleaner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    What could possibly be wrong, following a convoluted installation process including having download the office suite from a 3rd parties site seems fine to me...
    Suprised these guys are still in business.

Master
    So finally got it sorted but I have downloaded the 1.8gb file bout 25 times in 2 different places to get there! Tech were helpful but I think it was more luck than anything else that I finally got it downloaded. On adsl that takes a while to do and I can't help feeling that the broadband isn't stable enough for the whole period to do it reliably. Probably completely different on fibre but I don't have that option.
    But I do now have the whole office suite for £20 so that is worth the hassle now it's done.

Craftsman
    I'm still on Office 2007. I transfer it to my new PC when i upgrade, been on a few now
    Does anyone know if this offer is 1 PC for the life of the PC, or can it be put on a newer machine after removing from the old one ?

Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    I'm still on Office 2007. I transfer it to my new PC when i upgrade, been on a few now
    Does anyone know if this offer is 1 PC for the life of the PC, or can it be put on a newer machine after removing from the old one ?
    It appears to create an account with Microsoft and is tagged to whatever e-mail address you register under. When you install on a new machine - you should use the existing e-mail account. Anything you have stored on its cloud facility - becomes accessible to the new machine

Just reviving and old thread are the TheUnitySoft.com still recommended to use?

I need Microsoft office for a MacBook.

SydR
    I’ve used https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com for several items over the past couple of years.

One product stopped working after about three months and I got a free replacement within 24 hours.Can’t fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Yes, still recommended. I purchased Windows 11 Pro and Office 2019 Pro Plus from here about 4-months ago when building an Intel NUC for a work colleague; no issues. In all my purchases over the years from theunitysoft.com, I've never had an issue.

Master
    I've used Softwarebase & had no issues, although CD-Keys are also frequently mentioned as working as well.
    https://softwarebase.uk/office-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Yes, still recommended. I purchased Windows 11 Pro and Office 2019 Pro Plus from here about 4-months ago when building an Intel NUC for a work colleague; no issues. In all my purchases over the years from theunitysoft.com, I've never had an issue.
    ditto.

I have their software, with working keys, on 4 machines over 6 or 8 years with no problems.
    I don't know how they do it, but it is all above board and I really can't see why anyone would pay for an Office 365 or similar subscription.
    Subscription= good for company and bad for you.

Master
    Great as my Office sun is up for renewal. Is this a good route if you need Office on 3-4 machines?

Yes probably cheaper after 6+ months. If you need to synchronise files (that Office 365 usually does for you) then just use a free Dropbox folder.
    Cloud storage is very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    I went for the 2016 at £15, its for the kids homework etc so more than adequate
    Hang on - you went with an outdated version to save £2?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

I used them for Office on my backup pc , great service, easy to deal with and all software and keys have updated correctly over the last two years.

ditto.

I have their software, with working keys, on 4 machines over 6 or 8 years with no problems.
    I don't know how they do it, but it is all above board and I really can't see why anyone would pay for an Office 365 or similar subscription.
    Subscription= good for company and bad for you.
    I buy Microsoft 365 directly from Microsoft for EUR 85 per year for five licenses. 5 TB of cloud storage that integrates seamlessly with Windows and Office for five users, including the ability to collaborate with unlimited users on the same document hosted in the cloud.

I really can't see how anyone would faff around with something as purely designed as Dropbox to get an inferior result.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I buy Microsoft 365 directly from Microsoft for EUR 85 per year for five licenses. 5 TB of cloud storage that integrates seamlessly with Windows and Office for five users, including the ability to collaborate with unlimited users on the same document hosted in the cloud.

I really can't see how anyone would faff around with something as purely designed as Dropbox to get an inferior result.
    What? Ever head of OneDrive that is available to anyone? In all my years I have never once had a need to collaborate on a document, spreadsheet or anything else in a domestic/home setting. If I did, I would use OneDrive or iCloud. Of course, business use is different and I do it every day. You have a solution that works for you; don't be so arrogant as to assume that everyone's use case or preference is the same as yours.

I buy a family license of Microsoft 365 each year in the Amazon sale. It normally costs £59 for 5 seats of Office plus 1TB OneDrive for each user and 60 minutes of Skype phone calls a month. My wife uses these to call her relatives in America for free.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I’ve used https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com for several items over the past couple of years.

One product stopped working after about three months and I got a free replacement within 24 hours.Can’t fault them.
    Same i have umpteen windows 11 pro licenses , office and even some workstation versions all registered with microsoft via my business , never had any issues .