closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenson Button's chances?

Jenson Button's chances?

Evening!

So, what do we think? Is Jenson going to pull defeat from the jaws of victory?? I'd like it to go to Abu Dhabi but as long as he wins, anywhere will do!

Mat

Re: Jenson Button's chances?

Depends if he decides to play safe and let it go to the next race - for me he should go for it.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I agree entirely although the standing water will mean that going for it is riskier than normal!

Its his to lose. Should be a great end to the season.

I just wonder if Rubi will lose his head and gift if to Jenson, but then Vettel will be there to pounce on even the smallest mistake.. But Interlagos will suit the Brawns more than the Bulls...

I think it'll come down to who qualifies best :)

Actually, if Jenson is going to throw it, I hope Rubens is the one who picks up the title. He'd really deserve it in my opinion.

Oh crikey the qualifying's on, gotta run !!! :lol:

Banned

I hope Rubs wins the race

Blimey! Vettel and Hamilton don't make it through Q1! Vettel must be absolutely gutted! Good for Button though.

Journeyman

Jensen's Dad could hardly contain his excitment. Still anything can happen in these conditions, just hope Button can hang on.

If the race is wet as well it will be a total lottery which would probably be better for Button than his challengers I suppose :D
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Blimey, Patrick Head is a midget!

Journeyman

Looking good now Vittel's at the back! Could be an exciting race if that rain keeps up...

Craftsman

Now supposedly Button is good in the wet due to his smooth driving style,hope he does it but when it rains anyone could take the win.

Master
    Blog Entries

From what I saw when I was last at Brawn F1 HQ, YES he probably can!

Craftsman

Anyone recording on BCC1 is screwed now says he reaching for the remote ...........

It's painful waiting, I think the grid will stand as the Q1 positions, I hope the rain stays for tomorrow, give it the unpredictability the sport needs.

Finally going again, I nearly fell asleep there!

I guess it's Jensen's to lose, but I wouldn't put it past him... and I think Vettel will give us a good show tomorrow :D

I spoke too soon!!

He's blown it, too cautious :(

Cheers,

Gary

God damn it! :evil:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Jeez Jenson! Wrong bloody tyres, it had to happen, Rubens is through to Q3.

Didn't expect him to end up only just ahead of Vettel :shock:

Come on Rubens!

Go on Rubens! That's the last thing Jenson wanted, oh well, need heavy rain if he's going to have a chance, level out the playing field a bit.

Yeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!

Sutil in 3rd! Rubens deserves the pole, amazing drive! Going to be good tomorrow I hope.

Yep, looking forward to it! Force India have been quite impressive this year, especially when you consider that they're doing it on a fraction of the budget of the big boys :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mjrichardson
    Evening!

So, what do we think? Is Jenson going to pull defeat from the jaws of victory?? I'd like it to go to Abu Dhabi but as long as he wins, anywhere will do!

Mat
    In true English style Jenson will bottle it and lose! He only had to get in contention and he's 14, what a twat!

Rubens deserves to win.

I'm afraid I agree with you stix, it's his to loose and with Rubens on pole I think he will fold. I'd like to be wrong but if it's going to go to anyone it should be Rubens, that man has been second fiddle for so many years, he deserves the glory!

A poor performance from Button. I hate to say it but I don't think he's a credible champion. Brawn had the jump on the others in terms of the machinery at the start of the season and from a constructor's perspective the team deserves to win. Button however has been clinging on for dear life since mid season. At this stage he'll take the title any which way he can, but he'll not be remembered as a 'great' IMHO. Hope Rubens wins the race.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mjrichardson
    I'm afraid I agree with you stix, it's his to loose and with Rubens on pole I think he will fold. I'd like to be wrong but if it's going to go to anyone it should be Rubens, that man has been second fiddle for so many years, he deserves the glory!
    I am just astounded at the level of "school boy errors" that happen and I sometimes wonder if there are stronger forces at work, behind the scenes? I was amazed at the stupid mistakes made by Lewis's engineers in his first two years. If Rubens does win and it goes to the last race, Jensen is sure to crumble but at least Vettel is out of the running. I don't feel Jensen will get another shot at the championship.

Craftsman

Make the last race of the year in Abu Dhabi . Make Bernie happy.

Indeed, will be a final round decider by the looks of it, but Jense will do it with a handful of points in the bag :wink:

Sadly I think Button has blown it. Only hope now is that it stays dry tomorrow - I presume the top 10 would be disadvantaged in that case because their cars are locked into a wet configuration. Seems like a bit of a long shot...

Master

Wow what a qualifying, I back Rubens to win the race and think Button will be caught up in a first corner accident.

Master

Not good at all, didn't seem to get his car set up properly. I think you're all being a bit harsh on him, he beat Rubens hands down in the first 7 races. Had quite a few lives and a good dose of luck in this last half but I'm still confident he can do it. We'll wait on the fuel adjusted times, Rubens might be on fuel vapour. Interlagos is a nightmare for being collected on the first lap in turns 1 and 2 though, and Jenson hasn't got off the line too well in some grand prixs.

Button has won six races, and Barichello can win a maximum of four. Would that make Barichello a worthy champion?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    Button has won six races, and Barichello can win a maximum of four. Would that make Barichello a worthy champion?
    Yes. It would show consistency on top of the ability to win
    But it is unlikely.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Jenson looked a worthy champion when he was driving like a champion. There has been some rather iffy performances since Turkey and I'm not sure why? Tyre issues aside, Barrichello has on average qualified higher than Button and outqualified him 9-7. If F1 adopted NASCARs 'Chase' playoff format, then I think Reubens could win the championship with a win this weekend (moot point I know). Why Button can't find his start of year form is beyond me, but something's changed and I'll bet it's the pressure. I also think Reubens would be a better champion for the sport, but that's just personal opinion and really I just want the championship to go down to the wire, whoever wins doesn't bother me :) I would just love to see Barrichello win at Interlargos in front of this friends and family - that's going to be an awesome podium!

See what happens today but championship has been clinched in final race for the last 3 seasons. Bernie must be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bartle
    See what happens today but championship has been clinched in final race for the last 3 seasons. Bernie must be very happy.
    SO are you saying that if Jenson won the championship today you wouldn't watch the last race?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D
    Jenson looked a worthy champion when he was driving like a champion. There has been some rather iffy performances since Turkey and I'm not sure why? Tyre issues aside, Barrichello has on average qualified higher than Button and outqualified him 9-7. If F1 adopted NASCARs 'Chase' playoff format, then I think Reubens could win the championship with a win this weekend (moot point I know). Why Button can't find his start of year form is beyond me, but something's changed and I'll bet it's the pressure. I also think Reubens would be a better champion for the sport, but that's just personal opinion and really I just want the championship to go down to the wire, whoever wins doesn't bother me :) I would just love to see Barrichello win at Interlargos in front of this friends and family - that's going to be an awesome podium!
    I agree with you, I think it's the pressure that has got to Jenson. He has performed more consistently than anyone else this season, that's why he has more points than anyone else! But his form has slipped in the second half of the season, and a true champion needs to perform solidly throughout in my opinion. Rubens would be a great champion, his whole career has been about supporting other drivers, it would be great if he won today and I wouldn't mind at all if he clinches the season.

Jenson needs to have a bloody good race today, either that or Rubens needs a very bad one. Looking forward to it!

Mat

Master

Well I stand corrected on my comment that Rubens might be on Fuel Vapour. He's a marginal second on th fuel adjusted grid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/2009/ ... razil.html

The fuel-adjusted top 10, with predicted first pit stop laps, looks like this:

1 Mark Webber (lap 22)
    2 Rubens Barrichello +0.056secs (lap 20)
    3 Adrian Sutil +0.231 (lap 23)
    4 Jarno Trulli +0.361 (lap 24)
    5 Sebastien Buemi +0.501 (lap 24)
    6 Kimi Raikkonen +0.622 (lap 20)
    7 Nico Rosberg +0.631 (lap 23)
    8 Kazuki Nakajima +0.790 (lap 26)
    9 Robert Kubica +0.963 (lap 22)
    10 Fernando Alonso +1.862 (lap 20)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by bartle
    SO are you saying that if Jenson won the championship today you wouldn't watch the last race?

No - I would - but tv audiences for the final round will be much higher if it's the championship decider. That's important to F1 especially at a new venue.

20 mins to go! I hope it turns into a race and not just Rubens leading from the front, we need some action!

Come on Jenson!

I really hope he does it - ironic that it looks like his team mate will be his biggest rival :roll:

He can do it - just needs to put the red mist goggles on :angryfire:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman

I really can't see Rubens chucking it off the track this afternoon even though he's never been lucky at his home GP, so it's all down to the final race again IMO.

Still, I'm looking forward to this one so here we go. :)

Journeyman

Button upto 9th :D

Fook me this is a circus so far !!! :D

New underpants for Kimi :lol:

this is what we want!!!