closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cedit crunch watches.

Journeyman

Cedit crunch watches.

Well since the stock markets are pretty much at the bottom of the drop (i will probably live to regret that), Ive had to sell watches to raise cash for investment.

I now have one watch a g shock GWM-5600. Why didnt I have one of these before (apart from the one i used to have in school 20 years ago).

- Always on time. The OCD in me is so calm because the seconds display the same as the clocks on the trains and the tubes (must be the radio signal thing). Even though my autos were never more than a second or two out it used to really mess with my head.

- Rugged. Enough said, pretty tough. As much as some of my others were tool watches I always felt a bit guilty about wearing them day in day out on Construction or Oil sites ready to be bashed.

- Retroish looks. Geekyt looking watch in a good way.

- Alarm.

- Countdown alarm. Never thought id use this but it is used all the time for the most random things.

As soon as the companies im into at the moment come good, im going to back in with a vintage Fifty Fathoms. Until then its G Shock love.

ANyone else discovered the joy of cheap and well designed watches recently?

Re: Cedit crunch watches.

I don't know about cheap but reasonable has just come and slapped me in the face in the shape of a Seiko 007. I've had a few nice watches; still do in fact, but i decided to dip my toe in Seiko waters recently and really don't know why i have'nt before. OK, it's a Yobokies version but damn, you get a lot of watch for your money. It just feels so robust without being over engineered. Simple, straight forward, easily modded so you can individualise your piece. It's an auto (essential for me) and parts can be easily sourced, not that you'll really need them as they seem to go on forever. Any jeweller/watch shop can service them for a pitance and they look good.

At around £100 from the bay as well as used versions coming up in SC, i can honestly say that i am so impressed with it, i can see what others rave about.

You can't go wrong with a PRS-10. It looks good dressed up or down, it's strong, accurate, has a date and is pretty rare sight out and about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee
    I don't know about cheap but reasonable has just come and slapped me in the face in the shape of a Seiko 007. I've had a few nice watches; still do in fact, but i decided to dip my toe in Seiko waters recently and really don't know why i have'nt before. OK, it's a Yobokies version but damn, you get a lot of watch for your money. It just feels so robust without being over engineered. Simple, straight forward, easily modded so you can individualise your piece. It's an auto (essential for me) and parts can be easily sourced, not that you'll really need them as they seem to go on forever. Any jeweller/watch shop can service them for a pitance and they look good.

At around £100 from the bay as well as used versions coming up in SC, i can honestly say that i am so impressed with it, i can see what others rave about.
    This is the beginning... and it will become worse. After buying a Seiko, you want an other one, and so on. I even know a guy who owns a 1969/1970 Seiko brochure and he's collecting all Seikos shown in the brochure... And believe me: his collection is growing steadily! (What tells a log about these old Seikos: all watches of his collection work. Just a service and they are good for 15 more years before they need to be serviced again.

Menno

Master

Spencer in two years time

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... v=&reveal=

:D :lol:

I bought a fake 007 (I was duped before you judge me) £60... Still gutted though :evil: