closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with Seiko movement please - 4R15 in a spork

Journeyman

Help with Seiko movement please - 4R15 in a spork

I've got a seiko spork that I've had years, not worn it for at least a couple of years so thought I'd sell it. Posted some photos and the date wheel is turning at 11.15 in one of the photos, which has been flagged as a concern. I've tried the date setting and the wheel starts moving just before 11 and clicks over fully at 11.55. Is this a sign of an issue with the movement / date ring? Is the date ring part of the movement or a seperate part that would be model specific?

If the movement has issues can they be repaired or are the basic seiko movements disposable?

Any advice much appreciated

One of the reasons I was selling is that it doesn't hack, can a new seiko hacking movement be fitted?

The date starting to change and completing at those times would not bother me but also I'm not anal about date/day change as long as it changes :)

Sounds normal to me.
    I have several Seiko watches with different movements that click over similarly to yours.

Journeyman
    Thanks

I've done about ten rotations of the date wheel and it seems consistent. Hopefully no issues.

Craftsman
    I wouldn’t worry about the date .

My spork has lost its 4r and it currently has a 7S in it.

Crown and stem is an issue if wanting to upgrade to hacking/handwinding.