closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1075

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I was only able to listen to about 15 minutes today but I noticed she corrected Beer with someone's married surname when presumably the maiden name was read out to her.
    Yep she remembers everything and anything that doesn't harm her

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

Master
    If we do send some of these liars down then maybe we'd get less of this shit going on

100% correct. It's actually unreal. Those asking the questions are incredibly patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Yep she remembers everything and anything that doesn't harm her

After a lot of 'that's what it says but I made a poor choice of words' or 'what I really meant by that was...' Beer quietly asked her about her arguments with her keyboard. Classic!

Oh, and where was her box of tissues today?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I suspect that he changes out of his suit in phone boxes for his other job. He is a clever man - very impressive.

Master
    Or another favourite, “I didn’t see it in that context”

Master
    Blog Entries
    These lawyers are brilliant, command of details, he never stutters or makes errors , incredible ability to keep track

Agreed hey are absolutely brilliant,so much info to take in.

The way he isnt rude but stares her in the face and tells her like it is with total disdain.

The chairman is so good he should be knighted again.

Tomorrow will be interesting. The CPs are, permissibly, a lot more cutting with their words.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Tomorrow will be interesting. The CPs are, permissibly, a lot more cutting with their words.
    Let’s hope so. It’s been a litany of her incompetence and poor decisions so far. Motivated by PR image and damage limitation.

I feel it’s a fine line when in their hearts they knew bugs were bugs (not anomalies), people had remote access and they were all covering up either through action or failure to act/question. It goes right up the chain past her too. Group board members and NEDs never queried properly. Everyone just trousered their wages/fees.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    After a lot of 'that's what it says but I made a poor choice of words' or 'what I really meant by that was...' Beer quietly asked her about her arguments with her keyboard. Classic!

Oh, and where was her box of tissues today?
    I particularly like the way when she turns on the blubbering, he stops her rambling , asks her to compose herself then continue. No oscar winning performances allowed by Beer :)

She will get mauled today, she's going to be roaring

This will be the day she's been dreading. In the firing line of the CPs for the whole session.

Could be a busy day for Sir Wyn and Mr Beer, keeping a lid on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This will be the day she's been dreading. In the firing line of the CPs for the whole session.

Could be a busy day for Sir Wyn and Mr Beer, keeping a lid on things.
    Why is today worse than the previous two days?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    The CPs do not have quite the same level of restriction as Mr Beer et al.

Because it's the lawyers for the victims , they will tear her to shreds

Already she's started by giving rambling answers presumably to waste time

I think that today, with the lawyers representing the aggrieved wrongly-accused sub-postmasters, there will be an intensity of questioning, and from a personal suffering perspective, not yet seen before. I certainly hope so.
    To put it another way, she will be torn into by people with the duty to hammer home exactly how much death and suffering she has presided over.

Glad to see that the postmasters convictions bill has been passed through Commons before they break up. At least that's been sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Glad to see that the postmasters convictions bill has been passed through Commons before they break up. At least that's been sorted.
    Yes, that is great news

I relied on others , I'm not responsible for everything , I didn't set the agenda for IT issues , lol

Man, she's playing the 'dumb card' to excess. It's painful to watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    She isnt crying today, she thinks shes winning and got away with it.

Blog Entries
    I find it stunning that someone in her position and paid the salary she was, can claim to be such a know nothing dimwit, plead the Sturgeon defence and get away with it.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Apparently Alan Bates met with senior police officers on earlier this week to discuss criminal prosecutions...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...al/ar-BB1mS0Pg
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I find it stunning that someone in her position and paid the salary she was, can claim to be such a know nothing dimwit, plead the Sturgeon defence and get away with it.
    Being shit is the easiest defence

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Apparently Alan Bates met with senior police officers on earlier this week to discuss criminal prosecutions...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...al/ar-BB1mS0Pg
    I wonder what Law/ laws they would seek to prosecute under...might it be fraud, perjury, false accounting type of offences, you´d think the PO´s thus Vennels years long deliberate misrepresentation, attempts to obfuscate the genuine financials and causes, blame shift maliciously onto the Post masters might fall under such and then their pursuit of wrongful prosecutions for all that the PO- vENNELS were clearly cognisant of the true facts..? OBVS not a legal opinion.
    Last edited by Passenger; 24th May 2024 at 11:33.

Perverting the course of justice I should imagine

Perverting the course of justice I should imagine

Ah of course, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I wonder what Law/ laws they would seek to prosecute under...might it be fraud, perjury, false accounting type of offences, you´d think the PO´s thus Vennels years long deliberate misrepresentation, attempts to obfuscate the genuine financials and causes, blame shift maliciously onto the Post masters might fall under such and then their pursuit of wrongful prosecutions for all that the PO- vENNELS were clearly cognisant of the true facts..? OBVS not a legal opinion.
    Or all of the above.

Perhaps Conspiracy to Pervert Justice?

I am not a legal expert either, but it does seem to me that it is very clear there was a deliberate and sustained effort to withold and cover up any potential information that could have cast doubt on convictions.

Tears now.

Someone needs to tell her that when she says ‘we’ that she should say ‘I’.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Tears now.

Someone needs to tell her that when she says ‘we’ that she should say ‘I’.
    It´s interesting when they do that...TrUMP´S always the royal ´We´´. Can´t bear to watch it live today, she´s a terrible liar, a contemptible disgrace...and a striped god botherer at that, jeez he must be spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    And / or Malicious prosecution, perhaps?

Master
    Is she deaf the amount of times she asks for a questions to be repeated is extraordinary I suspect it’s a ploy to give her thinking time to make something up.

Well at least we will know the new corporate mantra:

The buck stops there

Surely there is something like a CV or appointments justification for the top jobs she has had?

When she claims she did her best, didn’t know etc - read those out !

“But it says here, here and here - all the qualities you bring to the appointment………….”

Stein is really going for her now.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    ICYMI...Former Post Office GC Jane MacLeod:

One of the key legal figures in the later years of the Post Office scandal is refusing to appear before the public inquiry, it emerged today.

Jane MacLeod, who was general counsel from 2015 to 2019, was listed to appear as a witness next month to explain her role in the civil litigation that ultimately fully exposed the scandal...
    See “Important witness” removed and the Chair's statement:

...Ms MacLeod provided a draft of her witness statement on 11 April 2024. Her recognised legal representative informed the Inquiry that, due to the passage of time, Ms MacLeod considered that her written statement was the best evidence that she could offer and that she was “questioning…whether she would be able to assist the Inquiry further” by providing oral evidence. The Inquiry restated its position that it considered it important to hear oral evidence from Ms MacLeod. Further, it offered to meet Ms MacLeod’s travel and accommodation expenses. However, Ms MacLeod has made it clear that she will not co-operate with the Inquiry by providing oral evidence, whether by attending the Inquiry in person or by giving evidence remotely via live video link.

I have considered the options available to me in respect of Ms MacLeod. I note that the conventional view is that section 21 of the Inquiries Act 2005 cannot be used to compel witnesses who are based abroad and not UK nationals to give evidence. If that is correct, then I have no further express power under the Inquiries Act 2005 to compel Ms MacLeod to attend. However, even if that conventional view is wrong, I consider that there is little benefit in serving Ms MacLeod with a notice under section 21. Issuing the notice is different from enforcing it, and I consider that the methods of enforcement available to me are very limited in respect of a person who is resident abroad...

She's quite calm and controlled under pressure though.

That's not a compliment, because I don't think she really gives much of a damn for all those who have suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    She's quite calm and controlled under pressure though.

That's not a compliment, because I don't think she really gives much of a damn for all those who have suffered.
    She's calm because there'll be no repercussions, she knows that she's at the level where actions and consequences are not connected.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

For some reason, I can't get the channel to play today. I've been watching it previously but not playing today.
    Think they might be on a late lunch break ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayNd0p_ZAc

Aaaaand....it's back

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    She's calm because there'll be no repercussions, she knows that she's at the level where actions and consequences are not connected.
    She's frighteningly calm, especially after lunch today...

Master
    Watching Jo Hamilton giving her the stare is enthralling she’s loving seeing her on the spot.

Nice work from Maloney.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Nice work from Maloney.
    Yes, lovely coup de grâce

Master
    They didn’t look impressed by her breakdown at the end. It was a 20th century witch hunt did anyone truly believe that vast numbers of postmasters suddenly turned crook all at the same time alarm bells should have been ringing all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by bandylegss View Post
    They didn’t look impressed by her breakdown at the end. It was a 20th century witch hunt did anyone truly believe that vast numbers of postmasters suddenly turned crook all at the same time alarm bells should have been ringing all over the place.
    They were ringing I think what we've heard/ seen makes that abundantly clear... yet Vennels and Co. were hard at work seeking to make them dumb bells, disparage, undermine prosecute the honest bell ringers...now she's reduced to hands over her ears, repeating LALALA, I can't recall. Her love for the Post office seemed to be her final word, justification almost for using the PO's weight and institutional powers to put the hate and hurt on innocent commercial partners just trying to do their jobs well, properly and honestly. Incredible, talk about messed up.
    Last edited by Passenger; 24th May 2024 at 15:39.

I've just looked it up and Private Eye started publishing about the issue in 2011 and, as we've heard today , it was picked up by BBC R4 and Panorama in 2015, mainly thanks to the continuing efforts of Nick Wallis.

That POL ignored evidence, failed to investigate and chose not to engage with its accusers must be down to the management at the time...guess who. The Inquiry was today shown snapshots of their overall attitude...defensive, aggressive and arrogant. Not at all what PV intended...or so she says...but that is what happened and so PV and her team must carry the can that they tried to slough off (snakes that they are) onto the postmasters.

Every single one of these twats should have been barred from making any opening or closing apology.

But for Venells - should have been asked “You’re sitting there, with your huge earnings and pensions, sniffling - We have heard accounts of people being in such despair as to take their own lives…………. DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE!”

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Every single one of these twats should have been barred from making any opening or closing apology.

But for Venells - should have been asked “You’re sitting there, with your huge earnings and pensions, sniffling - We have heard accounts of people being in such despair as to take their own lives…………. DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE!”
    British justice envy of, oh what's the point.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...box=1716467159

can I add “and dragged through the streets at 30mph”