closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supermarket Food Prices

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Hear, hear...Ryan/ anyone could easily save himself/ themselves 50 quid a week so around 200 pounds a month, making his/ their own sarnies...2500 gbp p.a. cost of living crisis what cost of living crisis! Pretty sure that's more than the NIC reduction tax cut...
    This. I’ve made my lunches for most of my working life and will continue to do so! The idea of giving someone £6 and up for a sarnie i’m more than capable of making, using ingredients i’m 100% certain are first class doesn’t compute.
    Can spend the money i save towards going out for a nice meal at the weekend!

When I was living in Spain P, the menu del dia was €5 or less and usually included a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    When I was living in Spain P, the menu del dia was €5 or less and usually included a drink.
    Can't buck inflation Dave, not even here, it's global, universal...death, taxes and inflation...it was a tenner when we first came, think always was drink included... if you were a couple and wanted the same colour wine we'd get the whole bottle, certainly at one oft visited place for sure...mind you that was early 2000's...exchange rate then was gratifying also.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd May 2024 at 18:29.

Master
    Christ on a bike, when was that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Christ on a bike, when was that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I lived there from 2006 to 2008 so a little while ago now.

During the week many restaurants, cafes here offer a 3 course meal, sometimes a choice of starter, main, desert, may/may not include a drink, wine, beer or soft for around 12 to 14 euros. Eat like that 5 days a week if you're not labouring in some sense, I'd be a blimp....we usually go out for one most weeks now, more frequently in the early days...then skip tea/ dinner or just make do with a sarnie, leftovers. Last weekend there was a book sale and a couple of other stalls in the square by the church, mrs P was on the stand, there was also a giant paella, 5 euros for a generous plate with a hunk of good bread...visitor numbers were low, so the diners were invited to another helping on the house, bless her she brought me another whole portion home, lovely bit of bread!

As an eating enthusiast I feel lucky to live here.

Obvs we're in the boonies here not Madrid in fairness.
    I spent 10 days in Madrid a few weeks ago - paella lunch for 2 with a bottle of water was 20 euros
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I spent 10 days in Madrid a few weeks ago - paella lunch for 2 with a bottle of water was 20 euros
    Hard to beat it Chris.

Master
    I lived there from 2006 to 2008 so a little while ago now.
    Ah that makes sense, phew.

About 2014 was my last time being in Nerja after many visits over the years. I want to go back as used to love it, but reading it is now a very popular place puts me off from it being swarmed with IG folk.

Hard to beat it Chris.
    It was lovely - I really liked Madrid, first time there and we will be back!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........