closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

775 pages and 7 months to write

Beer manages to totally skewer Vennels on one comma in an email

Brilliant

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    775 pages and 7 months to write

Beer manages to totally skewer Vennels on one comma in an email

Brilliant

I missed that, what was the context?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I missed that, what was the context?
    The email on which she stresses remote access and Beer proves why that is importing , and the way the email is phrased is pretty clear it was, and is

Stumped! Great last ball from Sir Wyn.

Even if found culpable on every count the consequences for her won't even come close to matching the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if found culpable on every count the consequences for her won't even come close to matching the crime.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Trying hard not to feel sorry for her after what shes done,sitting there all meek and crying.

For herself no doubt, not those whose lives she ruined.

So she says didnt know she had a 100+ strong investigation team,let alone that it was viciously prosecuting everyone.

Thats like the CO of my unit saying Mortar Platoon? I didnt know we had a Mortar platoon no one told me,FFS.

The letter sent direct to her calling her out, she has no way of getting out of.

Well the summary

I was such a sh1t CEO that's probably why I got the job in 2012 as they knew I'd fuck up and I'd get the blame for everything

Master
    She was also quizzed about a potentially missing question mark.

Beer asked if the word “answer” was a question or a statement.

Blog Entries
    Contemptible charmless squirming wriggler! Wriggles like a squirrel on a red-hot baking tray! Pah!

Code:
    "The Post Office knew that," she said. "I completely accept it. Personally, I didn't know that, and I'm incredibly sorry that it happened to those people and to so many others."
    How utterly pathetic, the cowardice knows no bounds.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not very Christian or kind, human even of PV to attempt a fishing trip, as evidenced in her emails, to get some 'evidence' in hopes of exonerating the PO from Martin Griffith's suicide. Scum.
    This. Unconscionable. That gives the lie to everything she claims not to know about or denies.
    As for the tears - dry up! You didn't show that much compassion for any of the victims.

I felt today that she is a hard faced person who took a very 'fixed' standpoint on the back of the processes/people who were involved in the investigation. Her priority was clearly protecting the reputation of the PO and its integrity.

A lot of stuff has come home to roost now she is on the stand - the whole crying thing is a physical show of the realisation of how wrong that position was and confirmation of a massive mis-management of the situation.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 22nd May 2024 at 21:43.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I found it utterly compelling listening today. Her level of incompetence in the role is there for us all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I found it utterly compelling listening today. Her level of incompetence in the role is there for us all to see.
    I think that's why she was picked for the job in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    A lot of stuff has come home to roost now she is on the stand - the whole crying thing is a physical show of the realisation of how wrong that position was and confirmation of a massive mis-management of the situation.
    Crocodile tears or a realisation that she will probably be going to prison at some stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Crocodile tears or a realisation that she will probably be going to prison at some stage?
    Will she though? For what? The system isn’t really set up to hold people accountable for this sort of thing.

Why did she need to be protected by six policemen on her way from court?

Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    Will she though? For what? The system isn’t really set up to hold people accountable for this sort of thing.
    This ^^^^ a few days of excruciating embarrassment then slime off into the sunset with pension, share options and offshore accounts intact, I'll bet many a bank robber or murderer would happily settle for that.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Why did she need to be protected by six policemen on her way from court?
    To prevent natural justice, sends a signal to her victims, their families or friends, that the authorities still have her back...?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    This ^^^^ a few days of excruciating embarrassment then slime off into the sunset with pension, share options and offshore accounts intact, I'll bet many a bank robber or murderer would happily settle for that.
    Easy money... in the day and age of Big Brother, reality TV, Katie Price etc there´s been a marked trend towards some folks being content, happy, thrilled even to put in a few days, weeks of excruciating embarrassment..kangaroo anus anyone?

These days the brown doesn´t stick like it used to, standards in public life ain´t what they used to be, reputations can be redeemed or rewritten and there will almost certainly be a new disgraceful scandal along soon.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd May 2024 at 08:04.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

I also watched quite a bit of it.

It was simply impossible to believe that she didn't have a clear understanding that there were potentially some very serious problems with Horizon and therefore the prosecutions and convictions.

Let's not forget this scandal had already been highlighted by several media outlets and serious concerns were being raised.

What comes accross was a kind of collective arrogance had developed, in which any information counter to the corporate narrative was simply ingnored or automatically treated as erroneous with a focus being entirely upon managing the PR rather than ever asking the question "What if these sub-postmasters are right?"
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

It was simply impossible to believe that she didn't have a clear understanding that there were potentially some very serious problems with Horizon and therefore the prosecutions and convictions.

Let's not forget this scandal had already been highlighted by several media outlets and serious concerns were being raised.

What comes accross was a kind of collective arrogance had developed, in which any information counter to the corporate narrative was simply ingnored or automatically treated as erroneous with a focus being entirely upon managing the PR rather than ever asking the question "What if these sub-postmasters are right?"
    Aye corporate- institutional reputation above- before human livelihoods, reputations, liberty, lives even...that´s the long and short of it and Venell's hand was on the wheel, she personified that arrogance...consider the email she sent suggesting the fishing trip for more background on the Griffiths suicide in order to seek to shift the narrative, exculpate blame from the PO. She knew the score, played her role to the hilt.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd May 2024 at 08:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I felt today that she is a hard faced person who took a very 'fixed' standpoint on the back of the processes/people who were involved in the investigation. Her priority was clearly protecting the reputation of the PO and its integrity.

Absolutely.

On the matter of protecting PO and its integrity - that is inseparable from protecting the integrity of its CEO - she was protecting herself.

She is a person without compassion or any sense of accountability.

Aye corporate- institutional reputation above- before human livelihoods, reputations, liberty, lives even...that´s the long and short of it and Venell's hand was on the wheel, she personified that arrogance...consider the email she sent suggesting the fishing trip for more background on the Griffiths suicide in order to seek to shift the narrative, exculpate blame from the PO. She knew the score, played her role to the hilt.
    Spot on.

As I have said several times before, there is simply no way that she and other senior colleagues were not aware there were substantial question marks over the acuracy and validity of the Horizon system and therefore the prosecutions and convictions of hundreds of sub post-masters.

The "fishing trip" email was a particular low point, as her intent was crystal clear. Therefore I can only conclude that the expressions of sadness and sympathy were largely fake.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Exactly as I heard it too. The bit that got to me most was, even when confronted by hand-written letters from sub post masters where personal and professional impacts were being shared, the corporate façade continued. Never dropped for a second. I found her lack of feeling, understanding and emotion to be rather shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

Craftsman
    I wonder what the people who rubber stamped and appointed her to post are feeling right now? A classic case of promoted to the point of incompetence - plus being a squirming liar with no integrity IMO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Absolutely.

On the matter of protecting PO and its integrity - that is inseparable from protecting the integrity of its CEO - she was protecting herself.

She is a person without compassion or any sense of accountability.
    Just watched her deny any memory of steering the outcome of the Second Sight report to achieve best optics. Needless to say, the report delivered almost exactly as a minion suggested it should (and whom had stated in an email that these were her goals!)

How convenient. Max recall in other areas but not if it implicates herself.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    I wonder what the people who rubber stamped and appointed her to post are feeling right now? A classic case of promoted to the point of incompetence - plus being a squirming liar with no integrity IMO.
    Probably not interested in the slightest. They'll only become concerned if anything washes their way.

The only way that I can see to stop this appalling behaviour ( and the blood scandal) is for some of those responsible to be at the least heavily fined or, better still, imprisoned. These execs would then start to take their responsibilites seriously.

I note that Vennells work history includes Lunn Poly ( now gone), Argos(pretty much gone), Dixons (gone). Hmmmmm.

Her defence is I was useless as a CEO I'm not very bright and far too trusting.

This is ridiculous now, playing so dumb , she was a CEO, you can't pretend to be this thick and get away with it

This is ridiculous now, playing so dumb , she was a CEO, you can't pretend to be this thick and get away with it

You'd certainly hope not but will it play out some other way? How long might that take? Years, decades even it´s taken post masters to get to this stage...poor devils have been to hell and back...see likewise the blood scandal....
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd May 2024 at 12:59.

You'd certainly hope not but will it play out some other way? How long might that take? Years, decades even it´s taken post masters to get to this stage...poor devils have been to hell and back...see likewise the blood scandal....
    To get her in prison maybe, reputation down the pan much quicker

Master
    To get her in prison maybe, reputation down the pan much quicker

Dont think her reputation matters. It can be glossed over (Liz truss for example) esp if no jail time is involved. lessons learnt, the organisation etc. in theory she is set up anyway with her pension etc. So a quiet retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Dont think her reputation matters. It can be glossed over (Liz truss for example) esp if no jail time is involved. lessons learnt, the organisation etc. in theory she is set up anyway with her pension etc. So a quiet retirement.
    Gotta think there´s some compensation in the 5 mill she earned at the PO whilst enjoying that retirement...never mind her pension, investments, properties?
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd May 2024 at 13:53.

Is it just me, or does everyone else feel that she rarely ever answers a question directly. There's always some caveat or tangent she throws in.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I don't think she will get a quiet retirement, with legal cases taking years as you point out she will be living with that process, in a way that process will be the punishment

I don't think she will get a quiet retirement, with legal cases taking years as you point out she will be living with that process, in a way that process will be the punishment

Absolutely, and it will be the same for quite a few others at the PO I hope. Unfortunately, the overall process will also require the involvement of numerous SPMS too - their suffering will also drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Is it just me, or does everyone else feel that she rarely ever answers a question directly. There's always some caveat or tangent she throws in.
    Frequently she's attempting to muddy the waters, deploying chaff.

I hope I haven't missed point 2 being addressed...Five legal issues Paula Vennells will have to address.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I hope I haven't missed point 2 being addressed...Five legal issues Paula Vennells will have to address.
    She's already claiming not to remember key conversations with Crichton

She's already claiming not to remember key conversations with Crichton

She's squirming more than a squirmy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    She's squirming more than a squirmy thing.
    Fibbing more than a Fibonacci sequence.

These lawyers are brilliant, command of details, he never stutters or makes errors , incredible ability to keep track

Craftsman
    It’s becoming very obvious. Her legal advisor has said don’t admit anything. You can’t remember, not that your aware of, blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    It’s becoming very obvious. Her legal advisor has said don’t admit anything. You can’t remember, not that your aware of, blah blah blah
    She took 7 months and 775 pages to write her statement

I've watched both days , at no point when she says 'I do not recall' does she check her statement first just in case . Not once

I've watched both days , at no point when she says 'I do not recall' does she check her statement first just in case . Not once

Shes going to get a stonking legal bill ! … or is she ?

https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry...epresentatives

Mischon de Reya

Master

Could the sub postmasters take out private prosecutions against them when this is over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    Could the sub postmasters take out private prosecutions against them when this is over ?
    What would they be asking the courts to prosecute?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I believe that possibility exists and has been mooted

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68805556

I was only able to listen to about 15 minutes today but I noticed she corrected Beer with someone's married surname when presumably the maiden name was read out to her.