closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fire sticks- what to get?

Grand Master

Fire sticks- what to get?

Our sky deal is ending and this time it looks like no decent deals are available, looking at fire sticks, but I know nothing! What’s best: easiest to install and use, and what do you get for your cash? I’d like to be able to get the footy ( Leeds fan so hopefully prem but could be championship) thanks for any advice chaps!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Erm, you might be better off asking where to buy the best ‘replica’ watches…

I think there are issue's receiving live TV with a firestick, it gets complicated and you have to keep tabs on which apps currently support it.

I'll watch this thread though as I have decided it's time Sky went, it's a lot of money for endless repeats, my only issue is I use sky's to transport TV around the house and will have to find another way

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    for clarity, I wasn’t asking about dodgy sticks, I’d subscribe if the price is right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    for clarity, I wasn’t asking about dodgy sticks, I’d subscribe if the price is right
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

All depends on what resolution and sound quality you want. The 4K max is the top of the range with fastest chip and memory, HDR and Dolby Atmos support and is about £60. You can get the normal HD version for about £20 less but it isn’t as fast on operating the menus etc.

It is very different to Sky as it is a streaming stick and so you need to use BBC iPlayer, ITVx etc to watch live TV if that is want you need. So not as slick or as easy as Sky Q. However, we dumped Sky because we never really watched live TV and just streamed the programmes we wished to watch. So we don’t mind the clunkiness of the live TV on the stick.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pretty sure a firestick is no good then
    I suppose you could probably subscribe to Now fir football through the stick but that’s maybe £30 a month
    Last edited by lewie; 20th May 2024 at 09:12.

Grand Master
    Bought the 4k max yesterday from argos @ £72.

Much faster experience to my ancient firestick.Needed it & glad I upgraded.

Master

Fire sticks- what to get?

If your still after subscription without sky have a look at NOW tv, they are part of sky and you can get the subscription stuff most of the time. Doesn’t Leeds have a pay per view channel that you can stream to the TV?

A 4k fire stick is good, but like all things the programs cost if you want anything decent.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Now TV is a pretty good alternative to having full blown Sky. If you have a broadband subscription coming up soon then Sky are also subsidising the Sky Stream (with Entertainment) at the moment with various broadband packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    In which case, as already outlined, you are theoretically just looking for a selection of streaming apps (including Now TV for on demand Sky content).

Your (smart) TV probably already comes with them somewhere. A Firestick would only add another layer of menus/faff.

Master
    FYI firesti is are on offer at amazon at the mo
    4K 39.99 4K max £49.99 - argos usually follow suit