timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Red traffic light jumpers.

Threaded View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Yeh I said that and so what?
    I’ve made no attempt to hide the fact I dislike cyclist, seeing as you’re quoting me I also said this….

One of my basic gripes about cyclist is that they do certain things just because they can.<br />
    We were taking my sons girlfriend back home a few weekends ago with the wife when 2 cyclists were going in the opposite direction along a very busy road side by side. <br />
    When I passed them they were taking up most of the carriageway.<br />
    I dropped off my boys girlfriend which is about 5 miles up the road and by the time I had turned around and caught back up with them they were still in exactly the same position i.e. Side by side taking up most of the carriageway.<br />
    We were caught behind them I would say for over a mile and eventually they turned off and went the other way.<br />
    They were complete happy without a care in the world chatting away taking up the whole carriageway holding up countless cars.<br />
    Whilst I'm sure the law is completely on their side I would in the situation have pulled in behind my mate and made it easier for others to pass,<br />
    It's this kind of attitude that p***es me off about cyclist

You see my experiences with cyclists is why I dislike them. Despite what you think it’s not based out of hatred or prejudice. I’ve said this before but clearly you don’t understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could recount many tales about motorists or dog walkers, or something else, that have created less ideal situations for me but that doesn't lead me to dislike motorists or dog walkers ... it just leads me to conclude that some people are selfish and/or unaware of how their actions may impact/annoy others ... do you see the difference in our approach?

You, by your own admission do not like cyclists because of the experience you have had with the cyclists you have encountered which is a tiny percentage of all cyclists. That is the very definition of prejudice.

Prejudice[1] can be an affective feeling towards a person based on their perceived group membership.[2] The word is often used to refer to a preconceived (usually unfavourable) evaluation or classification of another person based on that person's perceived personal characteristics, such as political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, beliefs, values, social class, age, disability, religion, sexuality, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, culture, complexion, beauty, height, body weight, occupation, wealth, education, criminality, sport-team affiliation, music tastes or other perceived characteristics.[3]
    Last edited by Montello; 15th April 2024 at 13:34. Reason: typo