Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
But most Londoners support it and in many boroughs more people make do without a car than own one.
Bit mystified as to the attention the mayor gets from outside the capital? As a Londoner I have no opinion on other cities mayors as their policies are of no benefit or hindrance to me and I can’t vote for or against!?
I was listening to something about this on LBC yesterday, they were saying that the majority of people that supported it live in the middle of the city and aren’t effected by it, and most don’t drive,

The were punting out examples of how unfair it is, one woman lives 1.5 miles outside but works a mile in , she is a night carer so it will cost her £25 per day to go to work, she has resigned, she can’t afford a new car, there are going to be thousands of examples like this.

If it wasn’t a tax why not just ban cars?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
Has ULEZ been proven to improve air quality in the areas they have implemented it? I thought I read somewhere that studies have shown no difference since the implementation of it, so what are they-doing with the revenue raised?
On LBC yesterday they were saying a 1.4% improvement