closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Uh oh

Uh oh

So my wonderful 2019 Tudor GMT has been faultless for just over 4 years…. Until now, the dreaded date issue has appeared out of nowhere!

Phoned the shop I bought from and they’ve said to bring it in and they’ll send it back under warranty. Hopefully as straight forward as that.

I plan on taking photos and a video of the watch before dropping it off but is there anything else I should do?

Any advice welcome

Cheers
    Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A few photos is a good idea, when this happened to mine I was wearing it on an Erika's strap so removed that and sent it in head only.
    Mine came back without a mark and in good time, hopefully it'll be fine.

Take more pictures than you think and take them in the store

Ernest Jones sent my Speedmaster back from a declined repair missing a pusher but I had a pic of it on their table. A pic at home on my desk would have done nothing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Take more pictures than you think and take them in the store

Ernest Jones sent my Speedmaster back from a declined repair missing a pusher but I had a pic of it on their table. A pic at home on my desk would have done nothing.
    Good advice Wiley.

Also I’d suggest a compliment slip / business card from the dealership in the shots too

Thanks both, will do it in the shop and try get some branding in there too.

Master
    Hi Jon,

I have one of the first GMT's in the country. As such when the date issue arose (about 5 months ago) it was outside warranty.

I took it back to the family AD from where I had bought it. I emphasised the fact that the fault was well known. They were pretty sure it would be repaired at no cost.

It was. I did take photos before it went in, and got the AD to agree that it was immaculate before I left it.

Perhaps surprisingly when it was returned it came with no paperwork or explanation. I shrugged that off as it was done by Tudor at no cost.

Frustratingly, fast forward to a month ago and the issue reappeared. Off it went again.

As yours is under warranty I wouldn't expect you to have an issue. As others have said, I would take photos. I would also consider getting the AD to confirm condition in writing when dropping it off.

All the best,

Huw

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Hi Jon,

I have one of the first GMT's in the country. As such when the date issue arose (about 5 months ago) it was outside warranty.

I took it back to the family AD from where I had bought it. I emphasised the fact that the fault was well known. They were pretty sure it would be repaired at no cost.

It was. I did take photos before it went in, and got the AD to agree that it was immaculate before I left it.

Perhaps surprisingly when it was returned it came with no paperwork or explanation. I shrugged that off as it was done by Tudor at no cost.

Frustratingly, fast forward to a month ago and the issue reappeared. Off it went again.

As yours is under warranty I wouldn't expect you to have an issue. As others have said, I would take photos. I would also consider getting the AD to confirm condition in writing when dropping it off.

All the best,

Huw

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Slightly off at a tangent. I had an Omega PO8500. The hour hand stopped advancing past 9.00 in the evening under normal use, fine in the morning presumably as no date wheel change was due. Also fine with manual adjustment. The watch was out of warranty by a couple of years but had been worn sparingly. I wrote a letter explaining what had happened, it went to the Omega Service Centre in Southampton.

The Service Manager called me and explained what had happened and they were repairing it foc as a goodwill gesture. Apparently it was a known fault and quite common.

When I received it back they had refinished it fully too - so it looked brand new again. All desk diving marks on the bracelet were gone. I also received a full invoice detailing the work and stating it was guaranteed, sorry I don’t recall if it was 12 or 24 months.

Little update: finally got time to get into the Fraser Hart store today to drop off the watch.

They were really good and took loads of photos and documented the watch condition which all got printed onto a branded receipt/slip.

I took pictures of the watch with the warranty card and the Fraser hart receipt documenting condition all in the shots.

Just time to wait now. Hopefully not long as it’s my daily wearer!

Update: the watch is back with a new movement, cleaned and working well. It even came back with a natty little pouch!

A happy customer.

One problem not related to this watch. They had a Tudor chrono white dial in the window. I tried it on and it’s a lovely thing. I resisted but I’ll have to have one!

Master
    Good result. Hopefully all fixed and will serve you well going forward

Master
    All's well, that ends well. Hopefully, you won't have a reoccurrence.

Sent from my SM-A145R using TZ-UK mobile app