closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Well travelled - and the only ones available in store ?

Blog Entries
    Cyclist on Motorway (M4)

z

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

Why do they need to be stored in a cool, dry place when they've been sun-dried?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

Odd. Was in local Tesco’s this morning and had at least 3 types. Bought two, red and white.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Folks who say…..”I reached out”
    Ahem, people who says "folks" who aren't George W Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    And........."No worries" ....
    Guilty, I use it. Lots of my mates are Kiwis and Aussies so I guess it has rubbed off

Master
    People getting so angry that they lob obscenities at a user name on a forum
    Idiot

People who reside outside the UK who are obsessed with UK politics.
    Skin still in the game and the buggers having established form for stoopid decisions diminishing personal freedumbs of UK passport holders, as well as their economic mismanagement and corruption, the hit to the UK's global reputation...all of which has potential to impact personal wealth thus it pays to try keep a handle, perspective on things...only prudent, sensible really...Would you play your cards blind in a rigged game or turn your back on a mugger. I try not to.

Plus you gotta laugh, it's amongst the best medicine, they ain't taxing it yet!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why my garage assumes I can do without my car when they are struggling to get the parts? It was preventative work - i can bring the car back when the parts arrive, put thebugger back together and give me my car back!

Things you'll never understand

Pulleys

Anyone who mods a normal car - especially with plastic bits and stickers

Most religious people

Anyone who rates the Manic Street Preachers

People who move to a country then actively refuse to embrace any part of its culture.

Daily Mail readers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 8th July 2023 at 21:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Why my garage assumes I can do without my car when they are struggling to get the parts? It was preventative work - i can bring the car back when the parts arrive, put thebugger back together and give me my car back!
    They shouldn’t take it apart until they have the parts in their oily palms anyway!

Craftsman
    This!!!!!!shocking

Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post
    This!!!!!!shocking
    Outrageous

Master
    Watch retailers who have pages and pages of watches listed which say "sold" (and not even with the sold price for information).

People who walk down winding country lanes with blind bends, with no footpath, with their back to the traffic, while pushing a kid in a pushchair and wearing earphones!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It is the same people who stand in the middle of a narrow foot path or the entrance/exit (eg of a supermarket) and look surprised when you want to walk past and they need to move.

These are not kids or teenagers but adults.

Master
    People in cars with headphones on (or earbuds), surely you are reducing your spatial awareness massively

Same for Phones or other screens stuck to the windscreen in the middle of line of sight below the rear view mirror. Stick it low and preferably on the dashboard.

Saw a shocker yeaterday on the motorway. Someone had a piece of rope/lanyard with the applewatch or similar (not strap) dangling from it, the sucker holding the lanyard I would say was at forehead height and the watch perfectly in the gap between the steering wheel and sun visor. not even off to one side, it was perfectly in line of vision, free swinging. How they don't go up the backside of any sudden braking is beyond me. Once I got past them I made sure I got well past so they didn't go up the back of me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    It is the same people who stand in the middle of a narrow foot path or the entrance/exit (eg of a supermarket) and look surprised when you want to walk past and they need to move.

These are not kids or teenagers but adults.
    If it's a particularly bad example and I'm in a bad mood already, I'll bark "MOVE!" instead of a polite "excuse me".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Nobody except a Drifter should ever say that. Does my head in just like 'moving forward' and 'touch base'.
    The one that does my head in is when someone says “It’s a big ask” but I’m usually the smart arse that says how big 4 or 5 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    People on public transport who force enter the vehicle while other people try to get out. Especially in rush hour. Just wait 10 seconds ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    People on public transport who force enter the vehicle while other people try to get out. Especially in rush hour. Just wait 10 seconds ffs.
    And then proceed to put their feet up on the seat.

I repeatedly move into their way block them getting on until they get the message and move out of my way

Probably the same people who insist on being the first off the tube carriage as soon as the doors open and then immediately stop dead while they work out which way is towards the exit.

It’s also v. important to stop and get your bearings immediately after stepping off an escalator.

^ And have a nice chat whilst you work out where you are going.

Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Probably the same people who insist on being the first off the tube carriage as soon as the doors open and then immediately stop dead while they work out which way is towards the exit.
    Reading that just triggered me.

They are definitely the same people who sit in a straight and right lane at the lights and then indicate right after the light goes green leaving you stuck behind them trying to go straight. Infuriating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    And the same in a plane being the first when it lands standing up to get the hand luggage above them while being seat number 16 thus waiting for the 15 in front them leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    If it's a particularly bad example and I'm in a bad mood already, I'll bark "MOVE!" instead of a polite "excuse me".
    These are the types of people (what a snobbish thing to say ) who never say excuse me, they just say sorry then barge through you.

Master
    And the same in a plane being the first when it lands standing up to get the hand luggage above them while being seat number 16 thus waiting for the 15 in front them leaving.
    Never understand that either.
    Idiots.
    I also never really understand queuing up for a flight when you have a seat allocated.

Going anywhere or doing anything that involves interaction with other human beings.

That said I am going to Glasgow for the weekend, but I think they can be excused

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I also never really understand queuing up for a flight when you have a seat allocated.
    So they can have their carry on directly above them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Even times before that was an issue they still queued.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I have had on a very rare occasion that my luggage wasn’t above me. It was in the storage 1 box left or right or straight on the other side.

It’s almost every time its above me and i never que.

I always try get my overhead luggage on the opposite aisle and one seat ahead. Paranoid of thieves.

People with four wheel suitcases dragging them around on two is painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Going anywhere or doing anything that involves interaction with other human beings.

That said I am going to Glasgow for the weekend ...
    You should fine, with limited exposure to humans in Glasgow - they did film World War Z there in real time (over a weekend). [I am from Glasgow btw, although try to avoid the city centre these days.]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Never understand that either.
    Idiots.
    To get onboard earlier, drink champagne and make myself comfortable, clearly.

Got back from holiday today. The way out we had a 2.5 hour delay due to a drunk woman pulled off the plane who took the wrong carry on case with her when she was removed. Then she was too drunk to remember which one was hers so half the plane had to inspect the overhead until some guy realised the drunk woman took his.

Anyway, how can someone be that drunk for a 6am flight and how the hell is Luton Airport called London Luton?? Will never understand either.

Why people wait at a road crossing for the green man... Having not pressed the button to CALL FOR THE GREEN MAN!

How some people can open those rope locked bags of coal without swearing or using a knife.

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Got back from holiday today. The way out we had a 2.5 hour delay due to a drunk woman pulled off the plane who took the wrong carry on case with her when she was removed. Then she was too drunk to remember which one was hers so half the plane had to inspect the overhead until some guy realised the drunk woman took his.

Anyway, how can someone be that drunk for a 6am flight and how the hell is Luton Airport called London Luton?? Will never understand either.
    Turkey?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Turkey?
    Yep, an easyJet / Luton airport combo. Delightful.

Not many options when going to bodrum unfortunately

Yep, an easyJet / Luton airport combo. Delightful.

Not many options when going to bodrum unfortunately
    Spoils this for most people, sadly the holiday companies pile the deals high and sell them fairly easily. Just look at most airports for the people chugging beers/wine at early-o-clock with their breakfast.

Just awful.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Wow, that’s a shocker!

I enjoy a couple of bottles of bubbles with the wife pre-flight, but that’s a shocking level of consumption. I loved airports as a kid, all the games consoles to play on etc, nothing these days!

Wagamama at LHR insist on food to serve you alcohol these days. Last flight was going to order a grilled tomato, as don’t need to eat when I’ve breakfasted elsewhere, but the wife fancied some ebi katsu, which disappointed me in playing their game.

I have only been through Luton once, on business when I was a mgmt consultant & this was their airport of choice. I was very clear after that experience, if they needed me abroad in the future I would be flying from LHR as my travel time / cost to Luton (no idea on airport code, POO?) was greater than me flying from a proper airport.

Obviously my consumption is prior to a long haul flight and not a business meeting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Spoils this for most people, sadly the holiday companies pile the deals high and sell them fairly easily. Just look at most airports for the people chugging beers/wine at early-o-clock with their breakfast.

Just awful.
    lol
    I always have an airport pint on the way out on holiday
    6am or 6pm

The 6am one often accompanied with a bacon roll and double espresso

Blog Entries
    You have to admit it is very entertaining though! Beats foreign telly or the interminable Wimbledon.

I guess it will be summer recess soon though - so nothing but piña coladas and swimming in the 30 degree pool day after day. Boring.

(actually we are both up at 6:30am to water the veggies and get some jobs done around the house - latest project is put up shelves in the garage - as it’s too hot by 9:30, then breakfast until 10:30am, then go to gym for an hour, plan the rest of the day, too hot to work outdoors so lunch at 2:00pm, snooze, have a swim, a bit of dinner maybe couple of hours work outside evening, light supper at 8pm catch up on TZ stuff - whisky or two then do it all again tomorrow).
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 11th July 2023 at 23:40.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’m watching to see if the Mass Hysteria/ Political Amnesia the U.K. has been suffering from for the past decade shows any sign of lifting.

Not yet, as the Tories still seem to be able to win every argument using ‘It would be worse if Corbyn was in charge’

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wow, that’s a shocker!

I enjoy a couple of bottles of bubbles with the wife pre-flight, but that’s a shocking level of consumption. I loved airports as a kid, all the games consoles to play on etc, nothing these days!

Wagamama at LHR insist on food to serve you alcohol these days. Last flight was going to order a grilled tomato, as don’t need to eat when I’ve breakfasted elsewhere, but the wife fancied some ebi katsu, which disappointed me in playing their game.

I have only been through Luton once, on business when I was a mgmt consultant & this was their airport of choice. I was very clear after that experience, if they needed me abroad in the future I would be flying from LHR as my travel time / cost to Luton (no idea on airport code, POO?) was greater than me flying from a proper airport.

Obviously my consumption is prior to a long haul flight and not a business meeting!

The food is most likely a condition of their alcohol licence. Not their own policy of wanting to sell you food.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wow, that’s a shocker!

I did splash out this time on those tiny little fruit juice shots from pret. Spicy ginger or something for about £3.50

Ebi Katsu is mandatory in wagamama. Probably the nicest thing on the menu. I always keep the sauce and pour it over my chicken Katsu after.

Master
    I did splash out this time on those tiny little fruit juice shots from pret. Spicy ginger or something for about £3.50

Ebi Katsu is mandatory in wagamama. Probably the nicest thing on the menu. I always keep the sauce and pour it over my chicken Katsu after.
    My wife does the same!

We have a sushi restaurant in Reading in a shocking part of town, and then in a shocking location. But always full of Japanese diners.

Half price lunchtime sushi / food in the week. We love it when we have a day off together. Ebi Tempura gets ordered with every new food order as the wife loves them.

Love those Pret shots!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    The food is most likely a condition of their alcohol licence. Not their own policy of wanting to sell you food.
    Possibly, makes sense. Although some other places don’t seem to require it, like Caviar House, but cheaper bubbles at Waga.

And to be fair it’s not a popular breakfast location and as a result feels a lot more calm than most eateries in an airport (No1 lounge included as often so full of people on free upgrades it feels more busy than the main terminal)

I can’t understand how I can’t justify flying Virgin Upper everywhere. Remains my best airport & flight experience ever. Would love every travel to be like that. Was their new upgraded cabin (forget the plane type) but not the funny 45 deg seats on the Caribbean routes.

Why is it that when batteries in a remote control device start to show signs of weakening a quick rotation of them in their holder and they're good to go again? For a short time anyway.

How does that work?
    Last edited by CardShark; 13th July 2023 at 13:46.