closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Realistic discount on Grand Seiko?

Journeyman

Realistic discount on Grand Seiko?

Anyone have any thoughts on what kind of discount one could get on a Grand Seiko SBGX261? Keen on the 37mm, but don't want the heavy depreciation of RRP.

15% with no hassle plus a free winder or watch roll from Chisholm Hunter via their Live Chat. I was only enquiring but got the impression if purchasing that day maybe a little more was possible.

Craftsman
    When I enquired about any discounts at an AD a couple of years ago (on Spring Drive GMTs and Snowflakes), I was told GS were clamping down on discounts and it wasn't an option. 2 years is a long time, so things may well have changed, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by warhog View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on what kind of discount one could get on a Grand Seiko SBGX261? Keen on the 37mm, but don't want the heavy depreciation of RRP.
    Have you asked any GS dealers as yet ??

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    When I enquired about any discounts at an AD a couple of years ago (on Spring Drive GMTs and Snowflakes), I was told GS were clamping down on discounts and it wasn't an option. 2 years is a long time, so things may well have changed, of course.
    Hoping that's not the case anymore, though I imagine snowflakes and higher end pieces may be what they are trying to push as flagship, so maybe less wiggle room. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    15% with no hassle plus a free winder or watch roll from Chisholm Hunter via their Live Chat. I was only enquiring but got the impression if purchasing that day maybe a little more was possible.
    Thanks for sharing, v useful. I'll give that a go soon, Seems like a good deal.

Depends on the model. Ltd edition is harder as are the popular models but else 20% is doable. Else buy on Chrono24 from Japan - even with VAT added it will be 25% cheaper than buying from UK

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Depends on the model. Ltd edition is harder as are the popular models but else 20% is doable. Else buy on Chrono24 from Japan - even with VAT added it will be 25% cheaper than buying from UK
    Really, that would make this interesting - SBGM221G
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Some older ones of this have come up on SC so might be worth a WTB. I'm more partial to the old Seiko Grand Seiko dial SBGM021, but not seen one in the flesh. There may be some other variants around that differ slightly if you can find the right jumble of letters and numbers.

Shameless excuse to post a pic of mine:

I asked about a discount on the new sea of clouds and was told 10% at goldsmiths

Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    Shameless excuse to post a pic of mine:

Pop it in the post, I need to get an idea of the size on my wrist
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Pop it in the post, I need to get an idea of the size on my wrist
    Definitely one to try as it’s dimensions on paper can be a little misleading. A lot of its thickness is made up by the crystal and then the lugs turn down pretty much instantly allowing it to hug down on the wrist.

AMJ Watches did 20% off on that same watch for me a few months back, and 20% off on the white version a few years back too. Via online purchase. They’re an AD.

That said, the white dial one was great but I was a tad annoyed when the black dial turned up 90% through its battery life and sent it back. Either they’re sitting on stock for a long time or someone wasn’t sure rotating from the back!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    AMJ Watches did 20% off on that same watch for me a few months back, and 20% off on the white version a few years back too. Via online purchase. They’re an AD.

That said, the white dial one was great but I was a tad annoyed when the black dial turned up 90% through its battery life and sent it back. Either they’re sitting on stock for a long time or someone wasn’t sure rotating from the back!
    Edit: Ignore me - I thought your post was in response to the GMT, not the OP, apologies.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 27th April 2023 at 14:49. Reason: Misunderstood