closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    It’s genuinely sad for Liverpool. 97 points one season and 92 last year and still finished 2nd to City !

Just puts into perspective how good Liverpool have been the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree!!! That will be 2 more titles going to old Trafford.........

After all 'it means more'

I'm sure they beat us in those semi finals.....we'll take those titles as well.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It’s genuinely sad for Liverpool. 97 points one season and 92 last year and still finished 2nd to City !
    If this is all proven and City get punished with maybe relegation or worse it’s the Man City fans I will genuinely feel sorry for.
    But whatever the out come the diehard fan will always be with them, they always were with City.
    Whilst some of you are enjoying the moment maybe remember glass houses, Don Revie at Leeds, the story of Arsenal deliberately losing in an attempt to get Spurs relegated in the 20’s, Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned from Uefa meaning the likes of Coventry being denied European glory instead of spiralling into oblivion.
    It’s all genuinely sad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    I agree!!! That will be 2 more titles going to old Trafford.........

After all 'it means more'

I'm sure they beat us in those semi finals.....we'll take those titles as well.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure I saw on the news, they have ruled out any changes in previous trophy awards.
    Edit: just did some reading, not ruled out, but consensus is that it is unlikely:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2276736.html
    Last edited by Boss13; 7th February 2023 at 09:59.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a Liverpool fan that would be a bit hollow if they awarded some PL titles retrospectively back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    As a Liverpool fan that would be a bit hollow if they awarded some PL titles retrospectively back to us.
    As a Manu United fan we stand to gain too. I think if the scope is to the end of the 2018 season we'd get 2, you'd get 1 and if it's to the present day, I think we'd get 3 each. I completely agree they would be hollow victories at this stage though.

I wonder if it would be possible to 'asterisk' them in some way so they don't count as titles for citeh but don't affect the other placings?

edit: cups would be even harder to re-engineer - would it just be the beaten finalists who would have a claim to the cup or every team the cheats beat along the way?
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 7th February 2023 at 11:16.

As a Villa fan we'll take Grealish back in lieu of the money ManC no doubt still owe us in add-ons.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    i dont really care about retrospective awards, its too late now, but they should be stripped of their wins.

If City are found to be bang to rights by the panel or subsequent appeal they need to be relegated and/or hit with a substantial transfer embargo that will hinder their progress. Most importantly they need to be put under strict financial supervision to prevent a repeat of any wrongdoing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned from Uefa meaning the likes of Coventry being denied European glory instead of spiralling into oblivion.
    Totally agree as a sky blue - punished for the acts of others

Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned from Uefa meaning the likes of Coventry being denied European glory instead of spiralling into oblivion.
    It’s all genuinely sad.
    Don't forget FA cup winners Wimbledon too. Denied by the club they beat in the final.

It would have been something to see them play in Europe.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If this is all proven and City get punished with maybe relegation or worse it’s the Man City fans I will genuinely feel sorry for.
    But whatever the out come the diehard fan will always be with them, they always were with City.
    Whilst some of you are enjoying the moment maybe remember glass houses, Don Revie at Leeds, the story of Arsenal deliberately losing in an attempt to get Spurs relegated in the 20’s, Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned from Uefa meaning the likes of Coventry being denied European glory instead of spiralling into oblivion.
    It’s all genuinely sad.
    Meh.
    Everyone remembers it was the Liverpool fans getting banned… anyone watch the match, or should I say, previous events to the game? If not, I’m sure you’ll be able to view it on line…

We almost got English club banned again last year for events prior to CL final… oh no, hold on, exonerated of that, after authorities looking into it unbiased….

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. It's well documented that the behaviour of Liverpool fans on the day of the Juve game was appalling and got worse and worse as the day went on, fuelled by drink. And let's not try to airbrush history, Liverpool fans caused that horrendous loss of life.

My BIL and his family are all died-in-the-wool Reds and have been season ticket holders for decades. The way they go on is like a cult. Their whole lives revolve around watching Liverpool. It's pathetic. I'm sick and tired of hearing how they're the best club in the world with the best fans in the world and from the best city in the world. I've been around football for more than forty years and their fans are hated.

He was at Wolves at the weekend but funnily enough never mentioned the ripping out of seats.

Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Meh.
    Everyone remembers it was the Liverpool fans getting banned… anyone watch the match, or should I say, previous events to the game? If not, I’m sure you’ll be able to view it on line…

We almost got English club banned again last year for events prior to CL final… oh no, hold on, exonerated of that, after authorities looking into it unbiased….
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 7th February 2023 at 16:46.

Just like that young female Man City fan cut her own head open with a bag of coins earlier this season, or how the Man City fans smashed up their own coach on the way to Anfield before a CL tie.

Obviously not all Liverpool fans are bad (the vast majority aren't) but the mentality of defending your own regardless of what they have done is IMHO out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Meh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. It's well documented that the behaviour of Liverpool fans on the day of the Juve game was appalling and got worse and worse as the day went on, fuelled by drink. And let's not try to airbrush history, Liverpool fans caused that horrendous loss of life.

My BIL and his family are all died-in-the-wool Reds and have been season ticket holders for decades. The way they go on is like a cult. Their whole lives revolve around watching Liverpool. It's pathetic. I'm sick and tired of hearing how they're the best club in the world with the best fans in the world and from the best city in the world. I've been around football for more than forty years and their fans are hated.

He was at Wolves at the weekend but funnily enough never mentioned the ripping out of seats.
    It’s well documented that the stadium was decrepit.

It’s well documented that Juve fans had bought the neutral zone tickets.

It’s well documented Liverpool fans were pelted with stones from the neutral zone.

It’s well documented of Liverpool fans attacked for hours before the game.

It’s well documented Liverpool fans charged the neutral zone in response to the stone throwing.

It’s well documented a structurally defective wall collapsed.

It’s well documented 14 Liverpool fans were jailed for their behaviour.

You cant just make things up to suit a narrative when ……it’s all well documented !

Gets quite toxic this thread….

[QUOTE=TaketheCannoli;6155070]Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Yes mate.
    Ashamed at the police behaviour, authorities, media, press and lots of other accusations by various folk that have since proven baseless.
    At match I went to watch when I was 15 back in 1989. I was one of the lucky ones who, after sitting on the steps of the terrace a couple of hours earlier, managed to get back home to his family.
    YNWA.

Master

Jesus listen to yourself, there aren't newcastle fans that go on as if they are the best club in the world? whose life revolves around watching Newcastle? No Newcastle fan ever caused an ounce of trouble??

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    "thegoat, thegoat, oh where for art thou, thegoat"
    Sorry to disappoint Cardiac , but I’ve been skiing .
    Have I missed something ?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    You managed to not break any limbs then doing so ?

As you have been online for a peep though (you can't keep away), I'm surprised you have to ask what you may have missed.

I've missed your hugely predictable and voluminous commentary on yesterdays news about Citeh and the ongoing $h1t that they appear to have smothered themselves in.

I'm near pi$$in' my pants in anticipation of your habitual drivel on the subject........please don't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    You managed to not break any limbs then doing so ?

As you have been online for a peep though (you can't keep away), I'm surprised you have to ask what you may have missed.

I've missed your hugely predictable and voluminous commentary on yesterdays news about Citeh and the ongoing $h1t that they appear to have smothered themselves in.

I'm near pi$$in' my pants in anticipation of your habitual drivel on the subject........please don't disappoint.
    No dramas Aspirin . Thanks for asking .
    Good if you to finally involve yourself in dialogue . I actually thought you could only stretch to FFS and insults .
    Well done
    I’ve been logged in all the time btw

No dramas Aspirin . Thanks for asking .
    Good if you to finally involve yourself in dialogue . I actually thought you could only stretch to FFS and insults .
    Well done
    I’ve been logged in all the time btw
    With your last line........I have to ask.......how on earth have you managed to keep that big fat 'ole Manc cake hole of yours shut ??
    You're acting right outta character there boy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the standard MC response to a FFP enquiry……

Just pulling your leg.

Blog Entries

z

It’s behind the Times paywall but this article hits the nail on the head.

The real enemy is the old guard

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9...2cf0f7e7e2eb08

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Premier League 2022 - 23

My mistake, the above link works

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

Yup. Nail. Head. Hit.

z

Sounds like the standard MC response to a FFP enquiry……

Just pulling your leg.
    I don’t mind you and Ivan having your moments . I’d expect it from match going fans, no problem.
    Gobshite 747 and his full kit fanboy acolyte from that Liverpool following hotbed of Dublin are embarrassing though .

So we’re saying here that the ‘big clubs’ engineered FFP to protect them from the pesky Arabs? And persuaded the football authorities to design and implement it? Even though those clubs could at some point be heavily invested in or even owned by those same Arabs?

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

Glad to see Martin Samuel back at The Times after his stint at the Mail. One of the best football writers out there.

So we’re saying here that the ‘big clubs’ engineered FFP to protect them from the pesky Arabs? And persuaded the football authorities to design and implement it? Even though those clubs could at some point be heavily invested in or even owned by those same Arabs?
    The simple answer is yes.

FFP was originally designed to prevent clubs being loaded with debt and not go under. Since Abramovic’s purchase of Chelsea it has evolved into a far more complex tool that benefits the legacy clubs. Take a look at the members of the various EXCOs of the governing bodies who modified FFP and you will see they are full of former United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, Juve and Real Madrid directors.

Master
    United took Rooney against the wishes of Everton? Oh, so he wasn’t being touted by the club for sale behind his back? (his own words, recently on video)

When you cant even get basic facts right, the entire article is loses all credibility
    Last edited by demonloop; 7th February 2023 at 21:39.

Master
    I’ve already said all this earlier in the thread.

FFP is a joke, let teams spend what they want.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don’t mind you and Ivan having your moments . I’d expect it from match going fans, no problem.
    Gobshite 747 and his full kit fanboy acolyte from that Liverpool following hotbed of Dublin are embarrassing though .
    It’s now an ambition to get a flight number gobshite 747 on flight radar

Master
    that is so satisfying, thanks 😂

Master
    I’ll tell you what’s embarrassing Goat old chap, your ongoing denials of the shady practices your owners have been engaging in, you’ll have to knock that on the head now at least and hopefully they will get what they deserve.

one of us has posted an untold amount of nonsense in this thread and it wasn’t me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That would make no sense whatsoever, doesn’t mean it won’t happen!

Manager always gets the blame, but he wasn’t the one who gave a stupid free kick away that lead to the Forest goal, he wasn’t the one he headed the ball weakly, he wasn’t the one who failed to mark the player on the edge of the box........Ayling and Struik were totally at fault for that goal and that’s why Leeds lost.

I don’t take football too seriously but yesterday’s debacle had me ranting at the TV, Leeds should’ve won that game and it’s a hard defeat to accept against a poor Forest side that offered little going forward.
    I’ve been hoping Marsch would come good but once Forest changed shape he had no answer and the players looked bereft of ideas Gnoto aside in the second half. I still can’t understand why he wanted to play narrow through the middle when we have so many wingers!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

How football changes -

Liverpool going through a bad patch with Klippidy Klopp unable to stop the rot and lots of players looking well past their best.

Citeh potentially spinning off into oblivion leaving their successes with Arab money officially classed as fake and a feeding frenzy about to start in the summer for their players and staff.

Chelsea....Oh dear..

Arsenal.... Where did that come from and will it last.

Newcastle, the silent assassin just going about their business well.

Man United, started the season a laughing stock but now playing great with every game it's looking better and better under Ten Hag, plus they might be bought by an English United fan.

Second half of the season is going to get crazy with huge pressure on some clubs but I think the attention on Citeh will be massive, I wonder how many of their players are texting their agents asking for advice and if their contacts have a relegation clause..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    How football changes -

Liverpool going through a bad patch with Klippidy Klopp unable to stop the rot and lots of players looking well past their best.

Citeh potentially spinning off into oblivion leaving their successes with Arab money officially classed as fake and a feeding frenzy about to start in the summer for their players and staff.

Chelsea....Oh dear..

Arsenal.... Where did that come from and will it last.

Newcastle, the silent assassin just going about their business well.

Man United, started the season a laughing stock but now playing great with every game it's looking better and better under Ten Hag, plus they might be bought by an English United fan.

Second half of the season is going to get crazy with huge pressure on some clubs but I think the attention on Citeh will be massive, I wonder how many of their players are texting their agents asking for advice and if their contacts have a relegation clause..
    Should add that the case against Man City is being investigated by an independent committee headed by a devout Arsenal fan!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Should add that the case against Man City is being investigated by an independent committee headed by a devout Arsenal fan!
    Piers Morgan?

Master

FFP is a joke, let teams spend what they want.

And how would that end, exactly?

Deepest pockets (biggest Arab state/hedge fund) wins?

Everyone else goes bankrupt?

Football ends?

No thanks

FFP might not be perfect but there must be some controls or chaos ensues

IMHO this just hastens the inevitability of a Euro Super League. Wouldn't be surprised to see City take their ball with them and join that. Likewise Newcastle (don't forget they are bankrolled by the same Saudi entity that pretty much set up a Super League for golf). Chelsea now owned by investment bankers. Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham all had owners keen on joining a Super league before they were fan shamed. Anything that diminishes the ire around joining a Super League brings it closer, such as punishing Man City excessively

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    ..... yesterday’s debacle had me ranting at the TV, Leeds should’ve won that game and it’s a hard defeat to accept against a poor Forest side that offered little going forward.
    Exactly this and unfortunately it's happened several times this year hence their league position. Strujyk may prove to be a decent CB but he's looked vulnerable at LB all season and we've not solved the issue or at RB - we've the weakest two full backs in the league and defensively disorganised, both at set pieces and in transition. Marsch was a poor appointment with no history of success other than with the best funded team and he failed at Leipzig. I hope they learn that lesson as the squad is more than capable of staying up with a decent manager.

Craftsman
    Some good news, just managed to get my ticket for the League Cup Final, sitting next to my son. He's 30 now and I missed out on the finals in 98 and 99 as I would buy us cup tickets sitting together in the earlier rounds as we couldn't get him a season ticket at the time and buying history wasn't added to my account. Buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    United took Rooney against the wishes of Everton? Oh, so he wasn’t being touted by the club for sale behind his back? (his own words, recently on video)

When you cant even get basic facts right, the entire article is loses all credibility
    Quoted direct from Samuel’s article:

“How can Everton grow organically if United take Rooney before his 19th birthday”. Where does it mention he was taken against the wishes of Everton? A simple understanding of the point Samuel is trying to make makes it abundantly clear.

When you can’t even get basic facts right, like misquoting a printed article. Those sort of facts?

That's awesome, well done matey. I'm in the scrum with all the other plebs on Sunday as no season tickets, just as many EPL, FA Cup and League Cup games as we could get tickets for :(

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Some good news, just managed to get my ticket for the League Cup Final, sitting next to my son. He's 30 now and I missed out on the finals in 98 and 99 as I would buy us cup tickets sitting together in the earlier rounds as we couldn't get him a season ticket at the time and buying history wasn't added to my account. Buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Marsch was a poor appointment with no history of success other than with the best funded team and he failed at Leipzig.
    Marsch was brought in to keep us up, after Bielsa had been found out and we were getting fed up of being thrashed 6-0 and 7-0. He succeeded at that.

I can't help thinking that if a tiny bit of luck had gone Marsch's way this season, we'd be in a much better position and he'd still have a job.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Marsch was brought in to keep us up, after Bielsa had been found out and we were getting fed up of being thrashed 6-0 and 7-0. He succeeded at that.

I can't help thinking that if a tiny bit of luck had gone Marsch's way this season, we'd be in a much better position and he'd still have a job.
    That's true but we scraped safety almost exclusively based on last minute goals and we've been awful defensively (Bielsa's big losses were against top sides with a much poorer squad).
    It's been frustrating to see them play well and not be rewarded either because we can't take chances or give away easy goals but I suspect the majority of fans would struggle to say they enjoy watching his style or even know exactly what it is!

Craftsman
    That's awesome, well done matey. I'm in the scrum with all the other plebs on Sunday as no season tickets, just as many EPL, FA Cup and League Cup games as we could get tickets for :(
    Good luck, Ive just had a look on the ticketing site and there are still loads of tickets spare. You may get lucky.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

I'm sure by the time it gets to the last pot there won't be many left.

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Good luck, Ive just had a look on the ticketing site and there are still loads of tickets spare. You may get lucky.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk