closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genuinely considering a Dacia Jogger

Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    Shame really, but I just don’t fancy the 6 month wait.
    The six-month wait was a pain, but you might get the restyled front end? :)

Back from some motorway stuff, and getting a genuine 45mpg at the pumps (not the trip computer!) with four onboard, and not really pressing on. Happy.

It really seems to have everything I could want. Maybe heated rear seats, to keep my daughter from complaining?

Master
    Get her a rechargeable hot water bottle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thinking of getting a used Logan 1.5 DCI laureate as a cheap load lugger.

£0 road tax and 65+ MPG seems attractive.

anyone owned one ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    anyone owned one ?
    Not me personally but virtually every other taxi driver round my way has, they now seem to be switching to Joggers.
    As a side note, I saw a metallic blue Jogger today with bike racks etc on the roof, looked very good. Bigger than I need, but if I did I couldn't imagine buying anything else.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's a Nissan engine; various engine models are shared by Merc, Dacia, Renault and Nissan.

The Jogger as an evolution of the Dacia Logan, which was also popular with journos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_HR_engine#H4Dt
    I had the A250e which had the renault 1.3 engine in it

Just had a call from a dealer with a cancelled order. Pre- price increase Jogger Extreme Se in silver. Think I’m going to pull the trigger as it works out at £248 pm on a pcp with service plan included. Seems a no brainer.

Eighteen months of ownership, and a couple of thoughts.

444 miles on a ten-gallon tank, half motorway, half urban. That's fine.
    It's genuinely a fun car to drive - the gearbox is a little notchy, but the turbo'd triple is a lovely little engine. I can't help thinking it would be fun in a kei-car, or a little Caterham.
    Very practical - runs to the tip, six-up to Manchester, even with my 6' dad in the third row of seats! (He was OK, he wanted a snooze!)

Electric handbrake is a pain - three or four times it's simply refused to come off when trying to drive away! Always at the start of a journey, but it's not cool to have to stop the engine, get out, get back in!

That's about it, really! Starting to see more of them on the roads now, mostly in better colours than my white. I guess some people have that extra £600 to spend on a colour!

Blog Entries
    Often, when I see one, I think about this thread.

Sometimes, when I see a car, I think that it could be another brand with some design changes. And that’s a positive comment, btw. Don’t get me wrong! (Audi’s TT could have been a Porsche)

You see them more and more on the roads here. I was in Essen, Germany amd noticed how many Joggers are used as a taxi. Germany has very firm taxi rules. Being allowed to be used for German passenger transport is a quality stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Often, when I see one, I think about this thread.

Sometimes, when I see a car, I think that it could be another brand with some design changes. And that’s a positive comment, btw. Don’t get me wrong! (Audi’s TT could have been a Porsche)

You see them more and more on the roads here. I was in Essen, Germany amd noticed how many Joggers are used as a taxi. Germany has very firm taxi rules. Being allowed to be used for German passenger transport is a quality stamp.
    That's very interesting, especially given the low offical safety score they have (which I know doesn't really reflect the full story).

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Eighteen months of ownership, and a couple of thoughts.

444 miles on a ten-gallon tank, half motorway, half urban. That's fine.
    It's genuinely a fun car to drive - the gearbox is a little notchy, but the turbo'd triple is a lovely little engine. I can't help thinking it would be fun in a kei-car, or a little Caterham.
    Very practical - runs to the tip, six-up to Manchester, even with my 6' dad in the third row of seats! (He was OK, he wanted a snooze!)

Electric handbrake is a pain - three or four times it's simply refused to come off when trying to drive away! Always at the start of a journey, but it's not cool to have to stop the engine, get out, get back in!

That's about it, really! Starting to see more of them on the roads now, mostly in better colours than my white. I guess some people have that extra £600 to spend on a colour!
    That's annoying, can't you get it fixed under warranty? Can't be a big issue surely

Last edited by xxnick1975; 2nd June 2024 at 09:18.

Parked alongside a new Dacia Duster at the local supermarket yesterday, - it'll be on the shopping list for serious consideration in the future.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Bought this at the end of January. Does everything we need, but it does seem to be a stone magnet (see my various rants and moans about that!). Planning on running it for probably four years, but maybe longer if it's going well and not too beaten up!

Anyway, for what it is, we really like it. They've certainly moved the brand forward since those early days :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    That's annoying, can't you get it fixed under warranty? Can't be a big issue surely

Presume it doesn’t have a manual realease?

Blog Entries
    Jogger Extreme Hybrid 140 MY24 for under £25k seems pretty good value. Reckon they'll sell plenty at that price.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    From this angle, it could easily be a Daihatsu or Korean car. With -automatically- the rock-solid reputation. But don't forget: in the '80s we had the Hyundai Pony. Remember that one? That car was a dog-house. And look at Hyundai now!

A mate just popped round with his new Jogger (Extreme spec, 1.0l petrol, 'bronze' colour) today. Not this particular car, but threads need pics...

I've liked the utilitarian look of these, the size, and the price of course - and have to say I'm genuinely impressed in-the-metal: it's a very well thought-out package. Finishing is how I like it: practical and hardy but not 1980s Eastern Bloc poverty, and like Walter he's averaging around 45mpg. He, too, is very taken with the little 3-pot motor and overall dynamics - much preferring it to the brace of Meganes he's had recently.

I'm currently driving a 2016 Hilux which manages an average of 34mpg of pricey diesel - which, with its planet-murdering ways (and costs), means I rarely drive any distance. Filled it up today from <10% full: £110! Ouch.

The economics of the Jogger would take years to make any sense, though adjusting monthly cashflow in the right direction would be helpful. However, the thought of greener, less guilty journeys is very appealing, the dogs would appreciate not being shut into a drafty, noisy, bouncy, unheated cubicle on their own, and there's actually more usable space for me to kip in overnight if the need strikes!

Might have to book a test drive...