closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel force delivered Item missing / stolen `

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    That’s the point you pick up on?

Think we’ve found one the the people who sent a PM.
    And just who is this mythical ‘we’ , Inspector ?
    No PM from me btw, I’m just not interested in the communal pile on which happens from time to time .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    No PM from me btw, I’m just not interested in the communal pile on which happens from time to time .
    What’s the point you’re making here? People can’t express an alternative opinion which others also agree with for fear of being communal, and classed as a pile on?

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    What’s the point you’re making here? People can’t express an alternative opinion which others also agree with for fear of being communal, and classed as a pile on?
    No , my point was that you said you’d read four words and formed an opinion .
    Then you went off on some assumptions about me sending a PM .
    You work it out .

No , my point was that you said you’d read four words and formed an opinion .
    Then you went off on some assumptions about me sending a PM .
    You work it out .
    It’s the internet. I’d really suggest not taking everything literally.

Not unless it's got Man City in it, obviously.....😎

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    It didn’t go over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Are you sure?

Of course I’m sure. Go troll and try to aggravate someone else.

I think you’re lovely

A gutting story

The bottom line.... Did/will the buyer get a full refund? I obviously haven't read the whole debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    And had to ask the forum for advice on getting the Range Rover up to Edinburgh don’t forget
    Clown.
    You forgot about the time when he asked the forum for advice on taking a baby into BA first class?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    The bottom line.... Did/will the buyer get a full refund? I obviously haven't read the whole debacle.
    Pretty sure the seller has stated that he is going to reimburse the buyer fully - just having difficulty meeting the forum sh1tstirrers’ demands that it is paid immediately by instant bank transfer to satisfy themselves.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Pretty sure the seller has stated that he is going to reimburse the buyer fully - just having difficulty meeting the forum sh1tstirrers’ demands that it is paid immediately by instant bank transfer to satisfy themselves.
    Indeed. Quite a few on this thread have shown themselves to be 'unpleasant' to put it mildly.
    Last edited by K-Z1R; 19th September 2022 at 19:36.

I feel for the seller , it could happen to any of us

Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel for the seller but man, are there a few lessons to be learnt. Do not wrap a parcel in wall paper, do not spend the money straight away, (although there is some evidence the seller is not a pauper) and definitely get insurance.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th September 2022 at 20:37.

Master
    !!!Porper!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, pauper

Morning all. An update to this
    On Sunday Jon (juice ) and I agreed that I’m happy to wait a few days for my £800
    As he said he has spent my £800 on a present for his daughter
    As of today I’m still £800 out of pocket
    I’ve pm`d juice a few times and text and what’s app him. But zero reply.
    I just want my money back and a reply from Jon to let me know what’s happening
    Cheers andy
    Last edited by lenlec; 22nd September 2022 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    On Sunday Jon (juice ) and I agreed that I’m happy to wait a few days for my £800
    I just want my money back
    Cheers andy
    Oh dear, not a good sign, his original advert said... "Just seems a waste to leave it as decoration, so intend to put the funds towards a Pam 1514".
    Then he says he bought a phone for his daughter, he was last on the forum a few days ago.
    Last edited by number2; 22nd September 2022 at 10:01.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

A little about me: I spent the first half of my career with Admiral working in Fraud, and the second severely underpaid by the Government in vehicle fraud. I retied Sep 2021.

I have seen everything you can imagine, every deception, bright idea, loophole and outright theft. This is in the first instance ....
    The irony.

Are you going to pay Andy back his money or are you going to continue to ignore his messages and run away like a coward?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I bought a macbook air for £500 from someone on a bike forum.

It was sent to me while I was away from home, and there was no sign of it with neighbours or the local PO depot. Unfortunately the seller had got his father to post it, and he had just used normal parcel post.

When I bought it, he asked if I wanted the original box, I said yes please – so it was delayed while he went to where he and his ex lived (ex now lived there on her own) – to get the box.

Anyway – no sign of the macbook and in the absence of any Special delivery or tracking – it was as good as lost!

He asked for another week to see if it would turn up, which I agreed to (and he had to wait until the end of the month to reimburse me anyway)

Lo and behold – HE FOUND IT!!!!

His Ex phoned him and asked “When are you collecting your macbook?” He had left the original delivery address showing on the box, and his dozy dad had posted it to that address! He asked his ex why she waited 2wks to contact him? “I assumed it was away for repair and you knew it was being returned here!”

[The only real significant part of that, is that sometimes people spend the money they receive for an item – assuming it will be delivered okay – it ain’t a hanging offence]

Doesn’t need a lynch-mob here, either.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I feel for the seller , it could happen to any of us
    Less possibility though if the item is properly insured. It wasn’t a heavy package and the declared value would have been what it sold for here. That would have cost maybe £12 or less to send fully insured. Could also have spent a few quid on decent packaging material. Not a case of being wise after the event, just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I bought a macbook air for £500 from someone on a bike forum.

It was sent to me while I was away from home, and there was no sign of it with neighbours or the local PO depot. Unfortunately the seller had got his father to post it, and he had just used normal parcel post.

When I bought it, he asked if I wanted the original box, I said yes please – so it was delayed while he went to where he and his ex lived (ex now lived there on her own) – to get the box.

Anyway – no sign of the macbook and in the absence of any Special delivery or tracking – it was as good as lost!

He asked for another week to see if it would turn up, which I agreed to (and he had to wait until the end of the month to reimburse me anyway)

Lo and behold – HE FOUND IT!!!!

His Ex phoned him and asked “When are you collecting your macbook?” He had left the original delivery address showing on the box, and his dozy dad had posted it to that address! He asked his ex why she waited 2wks to contact him? “I assumed it was away for repair and you knew it was being returned here!”

[The only real significant part of that, is that sometimes people spend the money they receive for an item – assuming it will be delivered okay – it ain’t a hanging offence]

Doesn’t need a lynch-mob here, either.
    No apparent "lynch mob", as far as I can see the buyer just wants a response from the seller.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Just very bad form

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Less possibility though if the item is properly insured. It wasn’t a heavy package and the declared value would have been what it sold for here. That would have cost maybe £12 or less to send fully insured. Could also have spent a few quid on decent packaging material. Not a case of being wise after the event, just common sense.
    Yes definitely true , I think special delivery insure items for £2000 that’s what I’ve used when selling watches

Sent a £9k watch yesterday, £15 for RMSD and £95 fully insured with Secursus. Arrived today, all good, why take risks unless you are prepared to underwrite any loss yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Sent a £9k watch yesterday, £15 for RMSD and £95 fully insured with Secursus. Arrived today, all good, why take risks unless you are prepared to underwrite any loss yourself.
    All sounds good, but do read the T&Cs very carefully on Secursus. I am sure you did. I used them recently and it is apparent you need to be very careful with how you package for example (double box) and how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

Read their trustpilot reviews too, the negative ones, to learn where they did not pay out. Just some friendly advice, having recently gone through the process!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    … how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

Read their trustpilot reviews too, the negative ones, to learn where they did not pay out. Just some friendly advice, having recently gone through the process!
    This would only apply to overseas deliveries? The Post Office only ask about contents to make sure no batteries, flammable liquids or other prohibited items are included.

My local PO must think I run an online toy shop because I always answer 'Kid's wooden toy', whatever I'm sending.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    All sounds good, but do read the T&Cs very carefully on Secursus. I am sure you did. I used them recently and it is apparent you need to be very careful with how you package for example (double box) and how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

Procedures followed to the letter, multiple photos taken. I think the watch ultimately was contained within around 6 boxed layers, one of those being a bomb proof peli case. The outer package simply contained the buyers and my addresses and nothing else. Basic £500 Level RMSD postage, but they didn’t ask what was in so I didn’t need to lie.

On the Secursus insurance form I gave an accurate description of the watch including the model number.

As with any insurance you need to claim to see how good they are, but there are idiots out there. One guy sent me a £4.5k watch in a padded Jiffy bag. Totally wasted his money paying for insurance. Luckily it got through, but I would never deal with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    As with any insurance you need to claim to see how good they are.
    This is a point lost on many. I've often read people recommending various parcel insurers and saying how easy it was to organise. Totally misses the point...when buying insurance and not claiming you've only proved how good the company is at taking your money.

I think things have gotten better, but I do remember prior to Securus, there was another widely used company, whose name I can't remember. Being US-based, it would routinely not pay out on any claim and let the customer start legal action before escalating to a potential payout. I had read somewhere that this was standard practice amongst some US insurers as it effectively reducing the number of successful claims to bare minimum. As a Brit, having to take international legal action would have been an utter nightmare and not worth it in many cases.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    This is a point lost on many. I've often read people recommending various parcel insurers and saying how easy it was to organise. Totally misses the point...when buying insurance and not claiming you've only proved how good the company is at taking your money.

I think things have gotten better, but I do remember prior to Securus, there was another widely used company, whose name I can't remember. Being US-based, it would routinely not pay out on any claim and let the customer start legal action before escalating to a potential payout. I had read somewhere that this was standard practice amongst some US insurers as it effectively reducing the number of successful claims to bare minimum. As a Brit, having to take international legal action would have been an utter nightmare and not worth it in many cases.

Parcelpro.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I used to use a my Hermes type parcel company an awful lot for a lot of expensive items I always took insurance out till I sold a sound bar on eBay for £50 and it arrived smashed and after trying to claim on the insurance via email over a fortnight they had gone to the trouble to find the soundbar measurement to claim it was 2 inches bigger than their maximum length so the insurance was invalid, never used the scumbags again and I think I got off lucky as I had sent stuff worth £700

Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Parcelpro.
    That was it! The stuff I read was only from others on watch forums but was enough to make me think by using them, it was a false sense of security.

To be honest I’ve only used insurance in the last year or two. Sent countless high value watches by RMSD over the years and took the chance. Never lost anything, but would have lost a shedload if I had…

I thought I had rode my luck for too long so started paying for insurance.

Blog Entries
    I just want my money back and a reply from Jon to let me know what’s happening
    Cheers andy
    Could be some some simple explanation since he’s not logged on since the 19th? Perhaps time for the small claims court? I assume you have the return address from the packaging picture? I’d suggest a formal letter requesting the money back in a reasonable time (2 weeks) - sent recorded delivery (ironic based on some comments on this thread). Then take it from there.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 22nd September 2022 at 18:37.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Could be some some simple explanation since he’s not logged on since the 19th? Perhaps time for the small claims court? I assume you have the return address from the packaging picture? I’d suggest a formal letter requesting the money back in a reasonable time (2 weeks) - sent recorded delivery (ironic based on some comments on this thread). Then take it from there.
    Hi. Yeah I hope it’s a simple explanation Martyn
    I want to give Jon (juice ) the benefit of the doubt
    I want him to respond to my pm. Text. What’s app etc
    Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution

Master
    Blog Entries
    RMSD = Royal Mail Special Delivery. It’s a signed for service.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    RMSD = Royal Mail Special Delivery. It’s a signed for service.
    With full tracking and insurance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Who’s to say the ‘parcel’ that was sent actually had the hold-all in it?

Parcels can be made to appear the size and dimensions expected but will collapse after a few contacts by handlers.

Jim

Master
    Seems to me Juicy has gone AWOL, dearly hope I'm wrong, but, well, his responses in the thread made me cringe.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong & Len gets his money refunded.

He will be too busy playing with his new Apple Ultra watch that was just delivered……….

Looks like he ordered the apple ultra watch the day after I sent him the £800

Looks like he ordered the apple ultra watch the day after I sent him the £800
    Might have been an other £800...?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Might have been an other £800...?
    Very true

I hope Jon (juice ) gets the £800 together and does the right thing to make me happy like he said he would a few days ago on this thread.

As MJC said below its rather odd the radio silence since the 19th, if it were me id be the polar opposite and updating all the time. Hopefully nothing sinister but the lack of comms is a piss take if nothing else.

Blog Entries
    I hope Jon (juice ) gets the £800 together and does the right thing to make me happy like he said he would a few days ago on this thread.
    Give it a week and then an appropriate H&V post can keep track of your progress? All the best. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Give it a week and then an appropriate H&V post can keep track of your progress? All the best. Martyn
    Yeah good call Martyn. Cheers.
    Hope Jon and I can resolve this before next week
    Thanks Andy

As said by others, I would look at the small claims court.
    If you have his address and the PMs agreeing sale it has to be worth the time and £75 it will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    As said by others, I would look at the small claims court.
    If you have his address and the PMs agreeing sale it has to be worth the time and £75 it will cost.
    Thanks. Hopefully it doesn’t get to this stage but cheers
    Andy

Sob story is rubbish. Not as if the seller used the eight hundred quid to buy food is it? He used every penny plus probably more to buy his kid an expensive mobile phone! And lets not forget he was selling a luxury bag.

Parcel force delivered Item missing / stolen `

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    From my brief time as a manager at the Post Office, similar to the RM but not exactly the same, the staff would drive me crazy. The unions had such a strong hold on everything, and man did the staff have it easy, years of constant treats of strikes and wage demands meant that most PO branches had a target to lose money! which is just stupid.

The staff simply got paid too much, had too many holidays, full sick pay, full maternity pay, hell one of the counter girls that worked for me had 2 kids in the space of 3 years, due to the large amount of (full paid) maternity time off she had, she then accrued so much holiday entitlement that even when she was came be back to work she had months of holidays to take, she supplemented this with some (full paid) sick pay - which the counter staff would joke and call extra holiday pay. The result was in those 3 years she hardly worked and was paid her full salary the entire time.

And if the managers tried to clamp down on this kind of thing, the union rep would be in and have a stern word followed by your regional manager calling asking you what you are playing at upsetting the unions, it was one of the main reasons why I left, trying to improve performance with both hands tied behind your back.

Staff would always take their full allocation of sick pay, and most spent their time waiting for the branches to be closed down (which was a given as my target was to lose money) to then get a huge pay-out.

The whole thing was just crazy and eye opening, and would never happen in a private company.
    Just to be clear, you prefer that pregnant women and mums with young babies go without maternity pay and holiday entitlement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk