closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Forstner Komfit JB bracelets

Forstner Komfit JB bracelets

Fancy picking one of these up for my Speedy. Curious to see what the view is on the straight vs horned end links. Also see there is a wider version available which I might go for. Has anyone got any experience with one of these versions?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I went for the horned version, which I felt better filled the lug gap. I've seen photos from the 60s of Speedies with both the horned and straight bars, so I think it's a matter of choice rather than one being more historically accurate. The strap does take some getting used to, especially in terms of closing the clasp. It can be a little tricky, as you have go beyond the clasp with the tail and hook it back in. However it is infinitely adjustable, but if you have small wrists, as it's a long strap, you may end up with a large section where the bracelet its double stacked, and that can look a bit untidy.

As you mention, it is quite a narrow bracelet. I'm not sure if there is a wider version available.

It is very well made, and you can feel the quality when handling it. Although I find it comfortable I have not worn it recently, much preferring the look and feel of the Uncle Seiko 1171 which is of even better quality than Omega's 1171/1. Forstner don't make a 1171 but they, like Uncle Seiko, do make a very attractive looking 1450. Personally, I'd recommend either a 1171 or a 1450 over the Komfit. YMMV of course.

Thanks. The width was the one thing putting me off but now I’ve seen they do a wider one 18mm I think I’ll give it a go. Just need them to come back in stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I had one of these on a FOIS, think it was straight end links. For the price it’s a good bracelet.