closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1652

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Here you go.. should be able to bag one well within your target price :-)

https://stockx.com/swatch-x-omega-bi...so33c100-brown
    Thanks, with fees and postage it's £347 which is well under.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    A genuine Omega for £207. And the highly limited supply makes them de facto limited editions, I think.

And I think that the hype (no matter how it got started) is now a driver of demand in its own right.
    I don't know why you'd buy something you don't want just for the brand, it's like buying some Church's formal shoes in the wrong size...

I guess I'd rather buy a lot of other watches for £207, and it would grind my gears to put money in a scalper's pocket.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    I don't know why you'd buy something you don't want just for the brand
    But people do want it. :-)

They want it for "just" the brand, and for perceived limited nature, etc. These are things that consistently drive demand in a consumer society. FOMO, limited time offers, veblen, etc.

I guess I'd rather buy a lot of other watches for £207, and it would grind my gears to put money in a scalper's pocket.
    Entirely sensible of you.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    But people do want it. :-)

They want it for "just" the brand, and for perceived limited nature, etc. These are things that consistently drive demand in a consumer society. FOMO, limited time offers, veblen, etc.
    I see your point, I suppose in some ways you have to admire the pitch-perfect marketing.

Blog Entries
    I suppose in some ways you have to admire the pitch-perfect marketing.
    Yup, indeed. :-)

Although I think they were taken aback by quite the way it worked out in reality (and possibly production difficulties).

Master
    If these remain in production and there is no indication they won’t, they will soon be re-sold at a very small premium, maybe £50. Which if you don’t live near London or Edinburgh is a worthwhile amount to pay to have someone else pick it up for you.

I note the Neptune (maybe others?) seem incredibly rare, so I guess Swatch will maybe limit supply of certain watches to keep interest high once the market is satisfied.

The queue outside the Oxford street Swatch store today, was still long and as always the same scalpers/resellers were jostling and pushing at the shops entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    The queue outside the Oxford street Swatch store today, was still long and as always the same scalpers/resellers were jostling and pushing at the shops entrance.
    I have no interest in the watches, but I wonder if some folk are desperate for the full collection?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Now 454 for sale under £500, Cheapest at £264.

Hype is dying back, these will be retail and available by the Autumn.
    Now 506 under £500!! There are a lot of Jupiters for sale - surprised as I think they look really nice.

Journeyman
    Now 506 under £500!! There are a lot of Jupiters for sale - surprised as I think they look really nice.
    On StockX appears that some are changing hands for sub-£300, including the Earth variant. After StockX have taken their fee there isn’t much profit for the time/hassle involved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    On StockX appears that some are changing hands for sub-£300, including the Earth variant. After StockX have taken their fee there isn’t much profit for the time/hassle involved.
    Yeah, can't be long until the flippers get bored

Master
    Was watching a Pluto on eBay for £350 bin. Seller just sent through a bin for £300, didn’t accept. That’s a really small margin for the re-seller and it’s only going one way…

I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller, one thing I am getting annoyed with at the moment is the amount of them on eBay as I like to look at the latest omega listings but now its flooded with swatch’s

Blog Entries
    If one comes up at RRP or less as they will the hype settles down then maybe but no way over list
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller, one thing I am getting annoyed with at the moment is the amount of them on eBay as I like to look at the latest omega listings but now its flooded with swatch’s
    Given the direction prices are going, sounds like you kinda screwed that seller! Not that I have much sympathy.

So hang on. They’re in short supply. Check. Same people purchasing at RRP, again and again. Check. Not interested in the watches just selling them on for a profit. Check. Hmmm, the pattern seems familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Given the direction prices are going, sounds like you kinda screwed that seller! Not that I have much sympathy.
    I could have screwed him even more and had it for free , I did a return request as his listing said 30 days returns and he flipped calling me the most dishonest buyer his had,
    He rang eBay up who told him they were going to look into it and literally a hour latter they issue me with a full refund
    So message him and say can I get your address so I can send this back to you which I did

Master
    Blog Entries
    I could have screwed him even more and had it for free , I did a return request as his listing said 30 days returns and he flipped calling me the most dishonest buyer his had,
    He rang eBay up who told him they were going to look into it and literally a hour latter they issue me with a full refund
    So message him and say can I get your address so I can send this back to you which I did
    For me if you buy something from eBay and there's nothing wrong with it. I.e. don't bond with it. You have to just sell it on. Although eBay will allow you to return it I doesn't make it right. Especially with something you have worn.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    For me if you buy something from eBay and there's nothing wrong with it. I.e. don't bond with it. You have to just sell it on. Although eBay will allow you to return it I doesn't make it right. Especially with something you have worn.
    Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I have no interest in the watches, but I wonder if some folk are desperate for the full collection?
    Possibly a few are but I would imagine most are just out to re sell at a profit

I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller...
    Good to know. Another to avoid.

Mine arrived, ditched the original strap straight away and have ordered a couple more alternatives. But for the time being it's on this:

Love the moonwatch case and colour scheme. But downsides are the chrono 2nd hand doesn't reset to the same place each time - varies by less than a second but still. It's only a 60 min chrono - the top right subdial is for 10ths of a second. And the white hour markers have no lume. So it's very much style over substance but I knew that going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Mine arrived, ditched the original strap …
    That’s a good look with the new strap.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Mine arrived, ditched the original strap straight away and have ordered a couple more alternatives. But for the time being it's on this:

Love the moonwatch case and colour scheme. But downsides are the chrono 2nd hand doesn't reset to the same place each time - varies by less than a second but still. It's only a 60 min chrono - the top right subdial is for 10ths of a second. And the white hour markers have no lume. So it's very much style over substance but I knew that going in.
    Is there no lume on any of the watch??

I thought they did have lume
    I presume it would not be very good just like other Swatches but thought it would be there

Edit: just checked on line and there is lume on these and it does not look too bad from images on Google
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd July 2022 at 11:16.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I thought they did have lume
    I presume it would not be very good just like other Swatches but thought it would be there

Edit: just checked on line and there is lume on these and it does not look too bad from images on Google
    Yea, i looked and seems they do.
    has the guy below got a fake maybe if theres no lume??

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Yea, i looked and seems they do.
    has the guy below got a fake maybe if theres no lume??
    My mistake, it does have lume on the hour markers after all, but it's fainter than the lume on the hands.

Craftsman
    Still not seen one of these in the flesh and not sure id want to pay over RRP to own one but would be nice to have them in the collection all the same.

Omega x Swatch

Swatch are saying now that these won’t be available online but in stores only so the madness will continue by the looks

https://professionalwatches.com/moon...duced-further/
    It seems the in store only policy is coming from the top of Swatch!, in a recent interview Hayek said he thought buyers would have to treat it as an adventure and the limited stocks would only add to the thrill of the chase.

Hmm, me thinks he’s lost touch with reality.
    Last edited by robcuk; 3rd July 2022 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    People are free to disagree with me but - anyone chasing these watches seems to be suffering from the same issue.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    It seems the in store only policy is coming from the top of Swatch!, in a recent interview Hayek said he thought buyers would have to treat it as an adventure and the limited stocks would only add to the thrill of the chase.

Read the same interview - dense stench of bovine ordure hanging over it. They've bolloxxed what might have been their biggest ever product launch, and now history is being hastily rewritten.

You can p*ss people about with artificial scarcity and intelligence-insulting sales tactics if you're making tiny numbers of hand-crafted watches and selling each one for many thousands...

£250 throwaway plastic watches: not so much.

Master
    I still fancy one of these.

Prices on StockX are hovering around £300 now for several versions. Tempting...

What is odd is the seeming lack of Neptunes. Lots of most of the others, but none of these. Shame, as it's my favourite. Possibly the colour leaching issue?

Craftsman
    Saw a mission to mars and one of the others (can't remember which) up for sale in a shop (not swatch) Sunday not over impressed with the look at all, looked a bit cheap overall IMO

Master
    after your preferred search term, you can list words to exclude. So searching for omega and avoiding swatch would be:

Omega, -swatch

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Saw a mission to mars and one of the others (can't remember which) up for sale in a shop (not swatch) Sunday not over impressed with the look at all, looked a bit cheap overall IMO
    They are only available in selected Swatch shops. Was the place you saw them selling them at an inflated price?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    They are only available in selected Swatch shops. Was the place you saw them selling them at an inflated price?
    I didn't see the price and didnt ask but would assume so it's a used dealer

after your preferred search term, you can list words to exclude. So searching for omega and avoiding swatch would be:

Omega, -swatch
    Didn’t know about that , many thanks just tried it and worked perfectly

Oxford St, 8.15am
    Last edited by gunner; 7th July 2022 at 16:11.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Amazing, still going on. Still an opportunity to make money, I guess.

There's an equation to be done to calculate at what stage the eBay profit margin will no longer warrant queuing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Oxford St, 8.15am

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    They seem a friendly bunch.

Master
    Oxford St, 8.15am

Looks like a bunch of enthusiastic horologists, not a single reseller in sight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Looks like a bunch of enthusiastic horologists, not a single reseller in sight.
    Having said that, no idea what a horologist is meant to look like!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    What is odd is the seeming lack of Neptunes. Lots of most of the others, but none of these. Shame, as it's my favourite. Possibly the colour leaching issue?
    There are whispers of severe production difficulties with the Neptune. As you say, the colour leeching issue.

See this from May earlier in the thread: #1000: Neptune to be suspended/discontinued. Allegedly.

Oxford St, 8.15am

TZ GTG?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the Neptune has been discontinued due to the colour issue. May return when fixed.

Master
    Can’t see a single pair of red wings or a Belstaff in that queue

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Having said that, no idea what a horologist is meant to look like!
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.
    Holding a bubble bath bottle shaped like a Dalek...

Has this thread had a haircut? Was there not an email response from the Oxford Street store detailed or did I read that somewhere else?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Has this thread had a haircut? Was there not an email response from the Oxford Street store detailed or did I read that somewhere else?
    The other thread
    “Remarkable admission” or thereabouts