closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 253 of 357 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,650 of 17803

Thread: More bike related stuff

Blog Entries
    Anybody else going to the MCN Festival of Motorcycling at Peterborough?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    probably… as long as it’s not chucking it down😎

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    probably… as long as it’s not chucking it down😎
    You know me well enough to know if theres a slight hint of rain I wont ride. What time you planning on arriving at Bala Enoch?

Stuart

Master
    Around lunch time…

Full service now completed on the old girl! Tappets adjusted, cam chain tensioned, new plugs and plug caps, points (remember them?) cleaned , gapped and timing set, carburettors rebuilt with new needles, jets, needle valves and seals, new air and oil filter and the oil flushed and changed.

It runs beautifully now, it wouldn't idle very well before and was a bit wheezy on pickup. It also sounded quite tappety which was a worry but it was simply a case of adjustment. Hoping to get some miles in on her this summer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Full service now completed on the old girl! Tappets adjusted, cam chain tensioned, new plugs and plug caps, points (remember them?) cleaned , gapped and timing set, carburettors rebuilt with new needles, jets, needle valves and seals, new air and oil filter and the oil flushed and changed.

It runs beautifully now, it wouldn't idle very well before and was a bit wheezy on pickup. It also sounded quite tappety which was a worry but it was simply a case of adjustment. Hoping to get some miles in on her this summer.
    Back in the 80’s. One of my first jobs was making and calibrating pressure and vacuum gauges like those. The company was called VPI (visual pressure instruments) I made sure all my mates with bikes had a set. Which in hindsight was a big mistake. I should have just had a set for myself and then charged for a balancing session.

^^^ I wish I'd known you then Enoch, back in the day I used to balance carbs by listening to a hose pipe held next to the induction throat!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post

Makes my heated grip installation sound easy

NW200 live BBC coverage

Stumbled across this in the BBC sport section: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/nor...eland/61277080

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Stumbled across this in the BBC sport section: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/nor...eland/61277080
    I came here to post the same. Three races this evening starting from around six and if you've a smart tv with iPlayer just search for sport and you'll find it.

The forecast is good for Saturday, but a 50% chance of rain this evening so I'm contemplating whether to drive up. The conditions are prime for lots of start, stop and restart racing and the marshalls will use any excuse to wave a red flag...

Master

NW 200

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    I came here to post the same. Three races this evening starting from around six and if you've a smart tv with iPlayer just search for sport and you'll find it.

The forecast is good for Saturday, but a 50% chance of rain this evening so I'm contemplating whether to drive up. The conditions are prime for lots of start, stop and restart racing and the marshalls will use any excuse to wave a red flag...

Probably the most exciting wheel to wheel or should that be bar to bar racing in the biking calendar. Thanks for posting the link Chicken Pox , Im in :)

Master
    Well that was fun, I think.

3.30pm and just as I was loading my mtb on the front seat of the car (who said MX5's are impractical) the first drops of rain appeared. Not a great sign as the rain wasn't supposed to appear until around 8pm, but I set off anyway. It's an hours drive to Portrush and the rain just got heavier, and I did consider turning around at the halfway point and watching it on TV, but I thought f**k it, I've been denied my NW200 for three years and there's an umbrella strapped to my bike.

I got there just before the roads closed, parked on the edge of Portrush to avoid the post-race gridlock and cycled to my usual spot just before Juniper chicane on the coast road. First impression is that there's loads of people here - Thursday nights obviously don't attract the same crowd as Saturday plus considering the weather, but it was as busy as I've ever seen it on a Thursday with a similar crowd to 2018 when it was 20c and glorious sunshine. Second impression is that it's freezing, the wind's blowing hard and my lower legs and feet are getting very cold and wet.

The Supersport was the first race and started with Al Seeley and Davey Todd swapping places at the front before the first red flag appeared. 'Should've stayed at home' thoughts start again, but the restart went without a hitch and saw Seeley add to his record of most race wins at the NW. Special mention goes to Jeremy McWilliams getting a podium at the ripe old age of 58.

The Superstock was next but some of the big names such as Michael Dunlop, Glenn Irwin and John McGuinness sat it out which was a shame, but then there's Saturday with the main races to think about and no one wants to get spannered a fortnight before the TT... Seeley dominated this one and was in a different postcode to Todd at the finish line who got another 2nd, but again special mention for another old duffer in the shape of Michael Rutter who crossed the line in 5th.

The Supertwins were supposed to be next but the rain wasn't stopping and it was getting dark, plus the roads have to be reopened at 9.15 and the decision was made to cancel and possibly run it on Saturday.

I did bring my camera, but I was wearing waterproof cycling gloves and holding an umbrella so no pictures were taken. You'll have to make do with this one stolen from the internet instead -

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Anyone going to the MCN Festival this weekend?

I’ll probably be going on Sunday on my R1250R.

Jack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Anybody else going to the MCN Festival of Motorcycling at Peterborough?
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Anyone going to the MCN Festival this weekend?

I’ll probably be going on Sunday on my R1250R.

Jack
    Yes, will be going on the Enfield, with a friend on his Yamaha. We go every year it's on. Not sure which day yet. Will be weather dependant.

3.30pm and just as I was loading my mtb on the front seat of the car (who said MX5's are impractical) the first drops of rain appeared. Not a great sign as the rain wasn't supposed to appear until around 8pm, but I set off anyway. It's an hours drive to Portrush and the rain just got heavier, and I did consider turning around at the halfway point and watching it on TV, but I thought f**k it, I've been denied my NW200 for three years and there's an umbrella strapped to my bike.

I got there just before the roads closed, parked on the edge of Portrush to avoid the post-race gridlock and cycled to my usual spot just before Juniper chicane on the coast road. First impression is that there's loads of people here - Thursday nights obviously don't attract the same crowd as Saturday plus considering the weather, but it was as busy as I've ever seen it on a Thursday with a similar crowd to 2018 when it was 20c and glorious sunshine. Second impression is that it's freezing, the wind's blowing hard and my lower legs and feet are getting very cold and wet.

The Supersport was the first race and started with Al Seeley and Davey Todd swapping places at the front before the first red flag appeared. 'Should've stayed at home' thoughts start again, but the restart went without a hitch and saw Seeley add to his record of most race wins at the NW. Special mention goes to Jeremy McWilliams getting a podium at the ripe old age of 58.

The Superstock was next but some of the big names such as Michael Dunlop, Glenn Irwin and John McGuinness sat it out which was a shame, but then there's Saturday with the main races to think about and no one wants to get spannered a fortnight before the TT... Seeley dominated this one and was in a different postcode to Todd at the finish line who got another 2nd, but again special mention for another old duffer in the shape of Michael Rutter who crossed the line in 5th.

The Supertwins were supposed to be next but the rain wasn't stopping and it was getting dark, plus the roads have to be reopened at 9.15 and the decision was made to cancel and possibly run it on Saturday.

I did bring my camera, but I was wearing waterproof cycling gloves and holding an umbrella so no pictures were taken. You'll have to make do with this one stolen from the internet instead -
    Yeah, it didn’t look too warm!

Valid point about the TT being 2wks away- for sure, tempering some enthusiasm.

Hopefully some better weather ahead, and with the races being live on iPlayer and TT this year also PPV - I’m hoping for good weather in the garden!!!

Master

I watched it on the link provided above. The traction and braking performance they get from those wets is phenomenal. At one point I think it was Keith Heuwen commented Todd had a slower speed through the speedtrap only 185mph compared to previous runs at 191! Those lads who went out in that weather deserve a great Sat and TT as they have demonstrated they have bigger cahunas than those big names who waited it out in the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I watched it on the link provided above. The traction and braking performance they get from those wets is phenomenal. At one point I think it was Keith Heuwen commented Todd had a slower speed through the speedtrap only 185mph compared to previous runs at 191! Those lads who went out in that weather deserve a great Sat and TT as they have demonstrated they have bigger cahunas than those big names who waited it out in the pits.
    Look at the experience in years, of many who stayed in the pits……………….

They are here today, because of that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Look at the experience in years, of many who stayed in the pits……………….

They are here today, because of that.
    Fair point.

Just back from 2 brilliant days at Cadwell Park.
    I’d not ridden there for several years but I soon got dialled in and it really is a superb circuit. Using the camber you can take Coppice really fast and the Chris Curve / Gooseneck section is both challenging and slightly scary. I’m always cautious over the mountain. We had 3 red flags over 2 days in the fast group. 2 were for crashed at the top of the mountain.
    We had great weather and it was fantastic to spend time with some good friends.
    My old K8 GSXR 750 didn’t miss a beat and we gave some of the guys on modern 1000’s a bit to think about.
    I’ll definitely sleep well tonight.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Love Cadwell! The big left after the start finish then the 2 rights onto the back straight are just wonderful.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Just back from 2 brilliant days at Cadwell Park.
    I’d not ridden there for several years but I soon got dialled in and it really is a superb circuit. Using the camber you can take Coppice really fast and the Chris Curve / Gooseneck section is both challenging and slightly scary. I’m always cautious over the mountain. We had 3 red flags over 2 days in the fast group. 2 were for crashed at the top of the mountain.
    We had great weather and it was fantastic to spend time with some good friends.
    My old K8 GSXR 750 didn’t miss a beat and we gave some of the guys on modern 1000’s a bit to think about.
    I’ll definitely sleep well tonight.
    Glad the weather was good and well done for not being a red flag.

Do you reckon you might track your S1000? Would be fun I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post

Do you reckon you might track your S1000? Would be fun I’m sure.
    I'm sure it would be, but I doubt it. I never tracked my RR.

If I drop the GSXR it's going to be A LOT cheaper to fix & worst case it's probably worth all of £5k.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

NW200 and Dunlop tyres

On the grounds of safety, Dunlop has informed the NW200 organisers that the company will have to withdraw riders using their products from the final Merrow Hotel and Spa Superbike race today. Those riders include Michael Dunlop, Michael Rutter, Dean Harrison, Peter Hickman, Brian McCormack and Sam West plus a number of other competitors.”

Imagine this happening at 200 mph

I thought I saw Rutter and McGuinness fighting it out in the final?

Dexter got a new jacket today thanks to his uncle Andrew.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

It was a glorious day yesterday so I took the CB750 out for a shakedown ride after its service and carburettor rebuild. I did about 50 miles and everything seems to be running beautifully and the engine sounds lovely and smooth again now - almost sewing machine like! Over the winter I fitted a complete new front brake system from the lever to the pads and rebuilt the forks with new seals, but the damping at the front is now a bit stiff over bumps so I think I've put too much fluid in the legs - not sure how that happened! I will drain and refill them to the correct level which should improve things. The last niggle to sort out is the clutch, which although it works smoothly there's a bit of noise emanating from it when slowing down through the gears so that'll be next on the list to tackle.

A shot outside H's where I stopped off for a cup of tea. I also went next door to Infinity and bought myself a new set of summer gloves (Rukka Beckwith) as my current ones had virtually disintegrated.

Master
    On the grounds of safety, Dunlop has informed the NW200 organisers that the company will have to withdraw riders using their products from the final Merrow Hotel and Spa Superbike race today. Those riders include Michael Dunlop, Michael Rutter, Dean Harrison, Peter Hickman, Brian McCormack and Sam West plus a number of other competitors.”

Imagine this happening at 200 mph
    MD was travelling at over 150 when his let go. Video here.

It's a miracle that no one was injured and scary to think they were also coming apart in the Superstock race, so there could be some of that batch currently fitted to road bikes. If you've bought a set of D213's recently you might want to have a word with your supplier...

Master
    Well my house was broken into last night, pretty sure they came for the bike.

I'd got in from watching the game and took my Skydweller off and put it on the kitchen island and went to bed.

They came in through the kitchen got our Faraday box with the keys in.

They managed to get away with the bike they came for and 20k worth of uninsured Rolex as a bonus!

I feel so ill about it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Bloody hell, I feel for you bigweb. What an awful thing to happen.

Master
    Oh Jesus no - sorry to hear this

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

I'd got in from watching the game and took my Skydweller off and put it on the kitchen island and went to bed.

They managed to get away with the bike they came for and 20k worth of uninsured Rolex as a bonus!

I feel so ill about it.

Oh no, that's heartbreaking. But leaving an uninsured watch of that value out in the open overnight...

Master
    I know. What an idiot

I hardly ever wear it either.

Had a few beers watching the game and just been really careless.

So annoyed with myself.

Hindsight is 20-20

Really sorry to hear. Let Haywood know as it is likely to be punted asap.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

I feel so ill about it.

So sorry to hear this☹️ I’ll bet the scumbags couldn’t believe their luck.👎

Master
    I used to think that a scooter wasn’t the thing for me….now I’m not so sure👍😎🤪

I feel so ill about it.
    What a bummer, but how come the Rolex was uninsured?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I hadn't renewed my contents insurance for 2 years.

Just stupidity basically.

Master
    I used to think that a scooter wasn’t the thing for me….now I’m not so sure浪

Andrew its easy to explain you are riding like a Gir#. Enjoy

Steve.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Solo flirt to Bala today on the RS. Enoch had said he was going so I thought I go for a catch up and look at his new ‘bike’. It was quieter than I thought it would be, but bikes came and went in small numbers.

Anyway, Enoch appeared on his scoot, and very smart it is too. Had a sit on it and I think it would take some getting used to after my RS. Anyway it gets Enoch out n about so thats a good thing.

Good to see you and Ash again pal, and if you do get the Diavel out soon let me know

Stuart

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Hindsight is 20-20

Really sorry to hear. Let Haywood know as it is likely to be punted asap.
    Just tried to message him but his inbox is full

Just tried to message him but his inbox is full

On purpose. You need to reach out on his website.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I used to think that a scooter wasn’t the thing for me….now I’m not so sureðŸ‘😎🤪

I love my Forza 300. Easy, comfortable commute and these sorts of figures are achievable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew its easy to explain you are riding like a Gir#. Enjoy

Steve.
    I can’t deny it🤪🤪

Blog Entries

I feel so ill about it.

Wow sorry to hear that. Must be pretty scary knowing someone broke in while you're in bed. I always put the alarm on at night now, on doors and windows setting, beginning to think I'm not being paranoid doing so.

Master
    Looking forward to this coming at the end of the week.
    Should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Should be fun!
    I have seen this bike in the flesh!

Bought my SP1 from there in Jan. Will be a great example no doubt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I have seen this bike in the flesh!

Bought my SP1 from there in Jan. Will be a great example no doubt.
    I remember you posting that John and recall recognising the shop!
    They do have some tasty kit in there.
    This one seems to be all original as far as i can tell,3 owners and 13k on the clock.
    Fingers crossed i've picked a good 'un

Cheers
    Craig

Craftsman
    Should be fun!
    I had one of those, is it a "w”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by edzt View Post
    I had one of those, is it a "w”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No its a '97 'V'
    Be interested to hear your thoughts/experience of ownership.

Cheers

Master
    Should be fun!
    Ooh, old school blade, mine says hello 藍