TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 147 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,350 of 8243

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Whenever the taxi driver picks me up in a Superb I’m in clover
    Cracking cars.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I drive an old Honda Civic, that's worth less then most of my watches. Had BMW's, VW's before, but was fed up with maintenance costs, so searched for "most reliable cars" and been owning Hondas and Toyotas ever since, never looked back. Helps with focusing on watches :) One day though.. I'm going to have a Volvo V90 T8 as a family car, and a classic Merc 560 SEC to cruise around the lake on sunny Sunday afternoons. Mark my words

Master
    After 4 years (buying a house) I have finally bought another toy. Porsche 981 Cayman s. Can’t wait to drive it a lot and do some trips with friends.

Master
    Lovely car, welcome to the cayman club!

The last 'photo I took of my old 350z and the first 'photo of its replacement, picked up this afternoon.

The Zed was written off in November, it was hit whilst parked up and no-one was hurt thankfully, unfortunately the offside rear wheel took quite a hit and the impact knocked the car sideways and forward so that both nearside wheels were pushed into the curb. It didn't look like that much damage at all, some cuffed paintwork and curbed wheels, the repair bill would have been over £4k though due to all the suspension and steering damage. I had that car for 15 years...

It was a rubbish commuter though, not particularly fuel efficient(!) and a bit coarse for mile munching. Its replacement, a top spec 2.2 diesel Mazda 6 in that red, should prove to be a great cruiser, £20pa tax and +50mpg is appealing as well! I have an Elise for thrills so even though the Mazda is a decent steer I still have a toy for a proper drive.

350z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    The last 'photo I took of my old 350z and the first 'photo of its replacement, picked up this afternoon.

The Zed was written off in November, it was hit whilst parked up and no-one was hurt thankfully, unfortunately the offside rear wheel took quite a hit and the impact knocked the car sideways and forward so that both nearside wheels were pushed into the curb. It didn't look like that much damage at all, some cuffed paintwork and curbed wheels, the repair bill would have been over £4k though due to all the suspension and steering damage. I had that car for 15 years...

It was a rubbish commuter though, not particularly fuel efficient(!) and a bit coarse for mile munching. Its replacement, a top spec 2.2 diesel Mazda 6 in that red, should prove to be a great cruiser, £20pa tax and +50mpg is appealing as well! I have an Elise for thrills so even though the Mazda is a decent steer I still have a toy for a proper drive.

350z

Decent car that, my old company car was a black one, deeply sorry for the a bit you’ll get on well with the Mazda. Great mile muncher, comfy and I always found insurance dirt cheap too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How interesting about the Z. I wrote off my 300ZX back in 2001 with the exact same damage which you also couldn't really see, but the whole nearside was pushed inwards. The main difference was that I did it myself trying to "impress" two girls and lost control.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    How interesting about the Z. I wrote off my 300ZX back in 2001 with the exact same damage which you also couldn't really see, but the whole nearside was pushed inwards. The main difference was that I did it myself trying to "impress" two girls and lost control.
    Very honest! Luckily no car ones, but at uni I recall taking a jump off a dirt track in visibility of a pub garden with lots of hotties.

Table topped the mountain bike perfectly, to then find it would not go back down. Broken arm, cuts everywhere along with the blood.

Was informed nobody noticed until the huge noise of pain. Oh well. Live & learn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Lovely car, welcome to the cayman club!
    Ta. My first Porsche. I am impressed.

Very honest! Luckily no car ones, but at uni I recall taking a jump off a dirt track in visibility of a pub garden with lots of hotties.

Table topped the mountain bike perfectly, to then find it would not go back down. Broken arm, cuts everywhere along with the blood.

Was informed nobody noticed until the huge noise of pain. Oh well. Live & learn.

I wish I knew then what I know now, that most women really aren't impressed by stupid risk taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Ta. My first Porsche. I am impressed.
    Those wheels look fantastic!

Picked up a Jaguar XJ-L for work recently…2016 3.0tdi
    Must say I am very very impressed. Massage seats, tvs in back, quilted leathers etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^Very nice 👍

1M coupe.

I feel we are coming to the end of the privately owned internal combustion engined car (at least for those of us in cities) and I wanted something that was:

a) quite special
    b) not going to lose a lot of value
    c) had a modicum of practicality (including rear seats, however small)

I’ve had it nearly a year now and really pleased with it. My only regret is it’s not orange, but there are so few about I decided to buy the right car, irrespective of the colour.

Additionally I had a few spec “must haves” or more accurately “must NOT haves” and that really limited my market.

Master
    That looks fantastic in white. Agree orange is something special for the 1M. I got side tracked when buying my Porsche as they had one for sale.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    1M coupe.

I feel we are coming to the end of the privately owned internal combustion engined car (at least for those of us in cities) and I wanted something that was:

a) quite special

I’ve had it nearly a year now and really pleased with it. My only regret is it’s not orange, but there are so few about I decided to buy the right car, irrespective of the colour.

Additionally I had a few spec “must haves” or more accurately “must NOT haves” and that really limited my market.

Very nice indeed! What spec is it & any more pics, especially of the interior? I picked up my first M car last year, an M2 in white which I’m enjoying.

That looks fantastic in white. Agree orange is something special for the 1M. I got side tracked when buying my Porsche as they had one for sale.
    Yes, I do agree - white looks great, especially in the sun but there is something about Valencia Orange …

Quote Originally Posted by HJ. View Post
    Very nice indeed! What spec is it & any more pics, especially of the interior? I picked up my first M car last year, an M2 in white which I’m enjoying.
    When I bought this I was deciding between a 1M an M2 and an M2 Comp and eventually settled on the 1M.

Regarding spec, there were very few options on the 1M and mine has basically none of them!

In particular I did NOT want satnav which is a rather ugly screen set in the dash and I also didn’t want electric seat adjustment, as the manual seats are set lower in the car and if you are tall (as I am) it makes a difference to headroom.

As far as I know the only other options were:
    - HK sound
    - electric folding mirrors
    (I was happy either way on these and my car doesn’t have them)
    - Sports seats - these were super rare, and whilst I would have loved to have them they are hardly ever seen (and a fortune to retrofit) so I just didn’t worry on these

Unfortunately I don’t have interior pics - though like all of them it’s plain black leather with orange stitching.

I need to take a few more pictures really!

Blog Entries
    .............. Its replacement, a top spec 2.2 diesel Mazda 6 in that red, should prove to be a great cruiser, £20pa tax and +50mpg is appealing as well! I have an Elise for thrills so even though the Mazda is a decent steer I still have a toy for a proper drive.
    Back in 2001 we bought a Mazda 626 one of the last before the 6 came out. A bit of a bland car but really good for long distance mile munching and comfortable to be in. Never missed a beat and never had a problem with it. Underrated cars Mazda IMO.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    1M coupe.

a) quite special

They are cool cars.

Master
    When I bought this I was deciding between a 1M an M2 and an M2 Comp and eventually settled on the 1M.

Regarding spec, there were very few options on the 1M and mine has basically none of them!

In particular I did NOT want satnav which is a rather ugly screen set in the dash and I also didn’t want electric seat adjustment, as the manual seats are set lower in the car and if you are tall (as I am) it makes a difference to headroom.

As far as I know the only other options were:
    - HK sound
    - electric folding mirrors
    (I was happy either way on these and my car doesn’t have them)
    - Sports seats - these were super rare, and whilst I would have loved to have them they are hardly ever seen (and a fortune to retrofit) so I just didn’t worry on these

Unfortunately I don’t have interior pics - though like all of them it’s plain black leather with orange stitching.

I need to take a few more pictures really!
    Agree the correct choice on the sat nav screen. I wanted nav on my Z4M but after a while it dated the car more than anything else inside it.

It has everything an M needs, flares arches etc - am sure you will see the money back on this without any issue given how rare they are.

My biggest blocker was owning a 123d MSport co-car years back. My issue vs a slur on the car.

Was lucky enough to drive a friends in the early days and it does just tick the size / power aspect that modern M cars including the M2 just miss.

Agree the correct choice on the sat nav screen. I wanted nav on my Z4M but after a while it dated the car more than anything else inside it.

It has everything an M needs, flares arches etc - am sure you will see the money back on this without any issue given how rare they are.

My biggest blocker was owning a 123d MSport co-car years back. My issue vs a slur on the car.

Was lucky enough to drive a friends in the early days and it does just tick the size / power aspect that modern M cars including the M2 just miss.
    Funnily enough it was my Z4M that put me off the nav - not only ugly and dated but it went wrong and was horrifically expensive to fix.

Master
    1M coupe.

a) quite special

Thank you for calling it by it’s correct name. I have a friend who used to have one and he always referred to it as an M1.
    I sooooo wanted to tell him the M1 was a mid engined supercar (for its time).

Master
    Volvo S90 D4 R - Design, my 6th Ovlov in a row. Great m/way cruiser, fully loaded, great value.

Master
    After doing some research on local guys I went with Darren at Hypergloss after he received a number of recommendations. Not only is he a great guy he is also a perfectionist. Very pleased.

[footnote]Edited by stuno1 on Saturday 12th February 10:48[/footnote]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Volvo S90 D4 R - Design, my 6th Ovlov in a row. Great m/way cruiser, fully loaded, great value.
    I have a new xc60 inscription and it’s the only car I’ve ever had were after a long journey you feel better than when you started it

Master
    After doing some research on local guys I went with Darren at Hypergloss after he received a number of recommendations. Not only is he a great guy he is also a perfectionist. Very pleased.

Stunning, I have a Cayman that I want sorting, and my wife's Boxster.

Can you pm me pricing so I can get an idea - cheers

Master
    Managed to get two of my old sheds into my workshop and clean at the same time today

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Master

Darren's a good guy, also worth mentioning he's PVD approved, who are the trade association in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Managed to get two of my old sheds into my workshop and clean at the same time today

Wow wow wow! Are there more?

Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible
    Mercedes E63s AMG

Both are lots of fun…..

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    My latest weekend warrior in Moonwalk Grey

It doesn’t have 22BHP

And my “regular” company car……

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible
    Mercedes E63s AMG

Both are lots of fun…..

Lovely looking mustang

Our car is being repaired after someone rear ended me the other month so this is what we’ve got for a week. Drove it properly for a bit earlier. Wow.

Not into the interior and seems a big of a relic in some ways considering the price (no electric steering wheel, no memory seats, no keyless entry) but the speed is utterly mental. Much faster than any of my motorbikes and faster than the Tesla.

Master
    Not a bad loan car, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    My latest weekend warrior in Moonwalk Grey

It doesn’t have 22BHP
    How you finding it? Wife got a convertible cooper classic in moonwalk grey in Dec and it's got me wanting one, pretty much decided on a clubman Cooper s, same colours as yours, moonwalk grey, black roof, mirrors, wheels, bonnet stripes

Master
    Blog Entries
    We needed a second car now WFH full time is no longer an option. The most basic MX5 is an absolute delight - not quick, no toys - not even automatic lights or windscreen wipers. It sounds lovely and the gear change is fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Perfect day for a bit of a roof off blat!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Picked this up at the end of last year.

Been looking for quite a while to find the right one & the weather is finally getting good enough to start using it

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

Been looking for quite a while to find the right one & the weather is finally getting good enough to start using it

Is that a 599 GTB? Anymore details? I follow a guy on Instagram that has one, seems to be a bit temperamental but then it is a Ferrari! Congratulations what a stunner!

^^^ Looks like a 599 GTB to me.

@ PDE - from memory you've posted a number of tasty Mercs up in the past, a change in direction for you?

^^^ Looks like a 599 GTB to me.

@ PDE - from memory you've posted a number of tasty Mercs up in the past, a change in direction for you?
    Yes it’s a 2009 599GTB, with full supplying dealer service history.
    Not temperamental at all but I did look at quite a few that could of been due to maintenance record.

Not a change of direction, just an addition to my collection as I still have 8 Mercs with a couple more due this year.

Dan

^^^ Those figures put my 'collection' to shame!!! Moreover, how do you get away with it (assuming you're single)?!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    ^^^ Those figures put my 'collection' to shame!!! Moreover, how do you get away with it (assuming you're single)?!

R
    Not single, just have an understanding other half!

I sold my business & retired 7 years ago & kept a couple of the commercial properties for myself, which I keep my cars stored in one & rent the other out.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Our car is being repaired after someone rear ended me the other month so this is what we’ve got for a week. Drove it properly for a bit earlier. Wow.

Not into the interior and seems a big of a relic in some ways considering the price (no electric steering wheel, no memory seats, no keyless entry) but the speed is utterly mental. Much faster than any of my motorbikes and faster than the Tesla.
    Nice work ! I was given a 1.2 Polo when my Tesla was in for paint...

I know what you mean, my gf's Q5 feels agricultural (7 speed DSG, petrol turbo) vs the Tesla, although the build & cabin quality is higher I feel vs my Model S.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Nice work ! I was given a 1.2 Polo when my Tesla was in for paint...

I know what you mean, my gf's Q5 feels agricultural (7 speed DSG, petrol turbo) vs the Tesla, although the build & cabin quality is higher I feel vs my Model S.
    Yep, build quality is night and day. Tesla is built like a smart car in comparison.

Seats in the Audi are lovely and the steering is effortless. Would love massage seats in a car at some point. Pure luxury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

Lovely looking car. Must be in the DNA.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Been after one of these for quite a while (ever since I drove one abroad) and finally found one for sale here in the UK. I've had some fairly 'esoteric' cars in the past, but this is a very rare beast indeed here.

Any guesses as to what it is?

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 5th April 2022 at 21:31.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Toyota Landcruiser Sahara? Not sure on the alloys though, they may be throwing me off

Master
    Subaru of some kind?