closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 140 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 7,000 of 8079

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, ‘Nobody’ on Sky / NowTV is very good, dark comedyish shoot em up action.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I thought 'The Power of the Dog' was pretty good. By Jane Campion with Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Piemons.

Coming back to Mark Rylance and The Fast Show, if I may, I see that in his new film he plays a tailor. Ooh!

No idea if the film will be any good.

Uncharted is the latest all-CGI Hollywood cartoon. One long macguffin from start to finish. The script doesn't have a single original moment — the money shot is lifted from The Living Daylights and there's the most outrageous deus ex machina involving a helicopter since Dèmoni.

One of the better scenes occurs early on, lower key and this time lifted from Tomorrow Never Dies, it plays like Tom Holland's audition for Bond. In happier times I'd have said he was entirely the wrong physical type, but after the misery of The Blond Scouser I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

French 18th century drama avec drinking from the furry goblet. Despite the hair, a lovely piece of cinema

Master
    Two movies I’ve enjoyed in the last week:
    Blunt Force Trauma and The Hunt
    I have seen BFT on the schedule before but fsr never watched it. I didn’t like the ending which was supposed to be a duel between the two main shooters…….I’d better not spoiler it lol.
    The Hunt was a formulaic story of ‘Elites’ rounding up undesirables and hunting them down. But they made a mistake of capturing a very tough (and unusually not bad looking) woman with extraordinary skills, best say no more. Watch it on Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

^ Just watched ‘The Hunt’ too, very good, quite funny. I agree, the ‘hero’ was easy on the eye.

Master
    Have just watched The Courier, espionage move about the hight of the cold war and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Terrific, old-school spy movie with Benedict Cumberbatch, Jessie Buckley and Merab Ninidze, well worth a couple of your hours.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My daughter made me watch A simple favour, kinda gone girl done full tongue and cheek, Anna Kendrick does what she does and worth watching just to see Blake Lively

Never thought I would like it solid 7/10 worth a watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    ^ Just watched ‘The Hunt’ too, very good, quite funny. I agree, the ‘hero’ was easy on the eye.
    Watched The Hunt also today….. good shout 👏

Yeah hunt was good, didn't find her particularly good looking facially, but a cracking bod.

Top tip, don't watch the Netflix ads for it, too many spoilers I thought

Craftsman
    For those of you enjoying Betty Gilpin in The Hunt - she is one of the stars of GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) on Netflix in the UK. It also features Alison Brie and Marc Maron and is a terrifically funny and at times tender series.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

CODA. Beautiful film.

If there was an "OK Films" thread, that's where I'd put The Hunt. It was entertaining, but if I had to stop watching half way through, I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw the second half.

Did someone turn into a bunny? Not really sure what went on there.

Just watched a western called "Old Henry". Fantastic, very atmospheric and a great twist near the end. It was obvious from early on that Henry had a history, but never would have guessed what it was. Highly recommended.

Master
    Just watched a cracking fillum on Netflix, 'Bruised' with gorgeous Halle Berry, albeit looking very battered throughout lol.

Mrs PC and I saw the Norwegian film, "The Worst Person in the World" yesterday. I enjoyed it but the Mrs didn't care for it. A bit long and slow moving, but a poignant drama.

Watched "Don't Look Up" recently.

Quite funny in places, horribly believable in others, with some good performances.

Still not 100% sure whether I would call it 'Good' or just OK, but I didn't feel I'd wasted the time I spent watching it.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    The Hunt was highly entertaining (if you don't mind a bit of gore?), but do not watch a film called Last Man Down, woeful in the extreme!

One Shot on Sky/Now TV a solid 7/10

Craftsman
    Went to see The Batman. Enjoyed it. Robert Paterson brings a more gritty troubled Batman then any of the other movies. A bit long though at 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'The Informer' on Netflix is definitely worth a watch.

Master
    I watched the Batman last night too- I enjoyed it and we r pretty quick but I’m sure it wasn’t 3 hours- maybe 2:40?
    Also thought Belfast was great and Death on the Nile
    Last edited by lewie; 12th March 2022 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    The Hunt was highly entertaining (if you don't mind a bit of gore?), but do not watch a film called Last Man Down, woeful in the extreme!
    I watched it last night while my lady was out, great fun. Highly recommend...but it’s very violent.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Mission: Joy - Finding Happiness in Troubled Times

On BBC iPlayer, documenting the 2015 meeting between the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu in Dharamsala. Most of us will be familiar with the history and message but still a little ray of sunshine and hope in difficult times.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I watched The Batman with my son the other night…both enjoyed it. I would say it was a significant step up for DC in quality as I find their superhero films tend to just fall short of then mark too often.
    Good to see there wasn’t ‘cartoon’ villains as such and that the technology/weaponry etc was what you could call believable.
    I had serious doubts about Robert Pattinson (not Paterson) playing the role but I thought he was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I watched the Batman last night too- I enjoyed it and we r pretty quick but I’m sure it wasn’t 3 hours- maybe 2:40?
    2hrs 56min if you sit through the end credits. Still,with the preamble and trailers you are still in the cinema for over 3 hours.

I cannot recommend a documentary called The English Surgeon highly enough. It's about the work of the neurosurgeon, Henry Marsh, and his co-operation with a counterpart in Ukraine, Igor Kurilets. Marsh is both an interesting and extremely likeable character and I can also thoroughly recommend a listen to both his
    Desert Island Discs appearance and his contribution to Private Passions. In addition he's the author of Do No Harm which is rapidly approaching the top of my reading list.

There's a link here:
    https://www.documentarytube.com/vide...nglish-surgeon

I believe the underlying content is hosted on Dailymotion in case that helps to get it working on your Smart TV. A word of warning - the squeamish may spend a small part of the film looking at the ceiling.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another one to avoid is Blacklight, Liam Neeson to old to play this kind of role now, whole film is poor, It’s not a patch on Taken so don’t waste your time on it

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I cannot recommend a documentary called The English Surgeon highly enough. It's about the work of the neurosurgeon, Henry Marsh, and his co-operation with a counterpart in Ukraine, Igor Kurilets. Marsh is both an interesting and extremely likeable character and I can also thoroughly recommend a listen to both his
    Desert Island Discs appearance and his contribution to Private Passions. In addition he's the author of Do No Harm which is rapidly approaching the top of my reading list.

There's a link here:
    https://www.documentarytube.com/vide...nglish-surgeon

I believe the underlying content is hosted on Dailymotion in case that helps to get it working on your Smart TV. A word of warning - the squeamish may spend a small part of the film looking at the ceiling.
    just watched this, great docu though very sobering regarding what doctors have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Loved The Batman.

Dark Noir detective vibes with a hint of Finchers Seven chucked in.

Batmobile was awesome and sounded insane also :)

Think if they could trim 30 mins off it would be a high 9/10.

Dare I say it is much better then Nolans - I think so but I need to see again in a few weeks

Master
    Just watched a really great film 'Green Book'. True story as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    My wife watched that last night ( while I was at the Virtual GTG) , she really enjoyed it to. BBC4 on catch up if anyone wants to see it.

Steve

The Power Of The Dog. Cast, script, performances and cinematography all excellent.

Master
    Boiling point on Netflix with Stephen Graham, shot in one take !

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Also thought Belfast was great and Death on the Nile
    i really dont like the new batman movie, just the general tone of it was quite miserable

Yeah, really enjoyed that. Well made & acted, worthy but entertaining, and surprisingly quite a ‘feel good’ flick.

For any fans of ‘The Sopranos’, the Tony Lip character played by Viggo Mortensen memorably later portrayed the New York Mafia boss Carmine Lupertazzi in that TV series.

Master
    Ambulance tonight
    I enjoyed it - non stop action- absolutely amazed only 4 people in the showing - what’s going on?

Craftsman
    Enjoyed being back in cinema for first time since No Time To Die to see The Batman this week. A decent take on an over-done character, some excellent choices like skipping the origin story and focussing on a more micro-plot made the film far more enjoyable than other efforts since the Nolan trilogy. Casting here was very good I thought. Some slightly over the top touches - Pattinson was more teen Goth than Gothic at times, and there were a couple of jarring lines (along social commentary theme), but all-in-all much better.

Still some way off the Nolan films for me, but then I'm a huge fan of those and don't think they'll ever be bettered. Also, again - this was way too long. The final act let it down for me, would have been a really stellar effort with more left on the cutting room floor. 7/10.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Watched 'Don't look up' on Netflix last night. Really enjoyed the stereotyped but oh so real characters who were clearly cast on certain individuals. Highly recommended.

Calibre

Scottish film about 2 mates who go Deer stalking and end up not shooting a Deer....
    Really made suspenseful film about how they try and cover their tracks and the locals who pursue them
    Currently on Netflix
    8/10

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Scottish film about 2 mates who go Deer stalking and end up not shooting a Deer....
    Really made suspenseful film about how they try and cover their tracks and the locals who pursue them
    Currently on Netflix
    8/10
    What's it called?

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow View Post
    What's it called?

I assume 'calibre' going by the post title

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I assume 'calibre' going by the post title
    Aha, the TZ app doesn't show me that detail, that's annoying.

Yes Calibre Mr Y , well worth a look 👍

Master
    Not new, but new for me. Frost/Nixon. Really well told with great acting. Michael Sheen was good as Frost, although veering towards Austin Powers at times. Frank Langella was excellent as Nixon. A great support cast as well.

Master
    I quite enjoyed The Adam Project on Netflix. Easy watching, typical Ryan Reynolds formula but ok for that.

Journeyman
    I quite enjoyed The Adam Project on Netflix. Easy watching, typical Ryan Reynolds formula but ok for that.
    Really liked the Adam Project, peak Reynolds being Reynolds and the younger Adam was really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by bparker170 View Post
    Boiling point on Netflix with Stephen Graham, shot in one take !

Best thing I’ve seen in ages

Yep, I’d agree Boiling point was excellent

Fast and furious 9 is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever watched though. Best avoided