closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Exactly the same here, although I didn't get the new financial year info. Just we haven't had any more since the one and only example they received late last year.

I've not heard about/seen any M.N. 22 versions in the UK yet, anyone else?
    I’ve saw an MN22 on another forum a couple of weeks ago, so they do exist.

For those interested, a watch of a similar, fixed lug style -

https://ianoswatches.com/

They've cropped up a couple of times on here & member 'peterdo' is/was an owner. His pics from the forum:

______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    I’ve saw an MN22 on another forum a couple of weeks ago, so they do exist.
    I know they've been delivered to other countries, I wasn't sure about the UK though...

Just make enough of them so people who want one can buy one. It's really, really simple.

Master
    It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. Marketing is a huge influence now on products, and supplying less than is demanded can work wonders.

See Rolex steels sports watches and Porsche GT products.

Craftsman
    I know they've been delivered to other countries, I wasn't sure about the UK though...
    It was UK, London I believe.

Master
    Cheers - trickling through then!

Out of interest why the fuss about getting a MN21 instead of MN22? Someone turned down the MN22 today at a local Chisholm Hunter in a huff as they wanted the 21. What the heck is the difference? Surely you'd want the newest watch anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Out of interest why the fuss about getting a MN21 instead of MN22? Someone turned down the MN22 today at a local Chisholm Hunter in a huff as they wanted the 21. What the heck is the difference? Surely you'd want the newest watch anyway
    21 was the first year, 22 second etc. In years to come I’m sure it will make a difference to the collectors. We see it with the SD, anything after 2017 isn’t a true anniversary model. Not sure if it make any difference to the value. Not now perhaps, but in 20 years time it could be the new flat top 4.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The watch was released on 10th November 2021 iirc & there were only about 150 MN21 in the UK, rumoured to be one per AD. I got the only one that Mallory’s in Bath had, for example. So less than 2 months of MN21 releases. It’s not a limited edition but there’s a rarity value in the MN21.

Ok thanks for the explanation although IMHO if you really wanted the watch you'd be happy to get one regardless of the year and if it was 21 then so be it, good luck that's a nice bonus, like getting number 1 out of a limited edition but not expecting the punter to be upset because they got number 893 or whatever

I'd be happy with a 22. Is it still available?

My thoughts exactly.

Ok thanks for the explanation although IMHO if you really wanted the watch you'd be happy to get one regardless of the year and if it was 21 then so be it, good luck that's a nice bonus, like getting number 1 out of a limited edition but not expecting the punter to be upset because they got number 893 or whatever

I’ll happily take a 22.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I'd be happy with a 22. Is it still available?
    Nope they were working through what appeared to be a loooong list

I'll happily let you buy me a 22.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I’ll happily take a 22.

I thought that in time these will be widely available, as in we are at the end of the initial trickle and in a years time they will be a common site in shop windows, just like the GMT and others.

Nope they were working through what appeared to be a loooong list
    Thought as much. Shame

Just picked up the short Nato strap from the AD as I was finding the one that came on the watch a bit too long. A tad pricey at £140 but I actually like the colour and quality so went for it.

Definitely getting a better fit but a bit too much velcro showing. I'm will take it to my friend's missus to see if she can modify it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Exactly the same here, although I didn't get the new financial year info. Just we haven't had any more since the one and only example they received late last year.

I've not heard about/seen any M.N. 22 versions in the UK yet, anyone else?
    I have a '21.... a friend of mine got a '22 two weeks ago ..

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Just picked up the short Nato strap from the AD as I was finding the one that came on the watch a bit too long. A tad pricey at £140 but I actually like the colour and quality so went for it.

Definitely getting a better fit but a bit too much velcro showing. I'm will take it to my friend's missus to see if she can modify it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    Would you measure the short strap end to end please?
    bought my watch used so not sure on which strap size i have ..

Jon

I got a call from my AD this morning (Fraser Hart).
    He tells me that they have just been informed (as a group) how many their central buyer is likely to be able to secure this year, and whilst he could not share the number, he reckons that their branch may get 2 or 3 only (that same branch also got 1 MN21 at launch). So it would seem that Tudor are making a deliberate effort to hold tight supply reins on this model.
    It also seems that now they ask for a deposit to show continued interest, even though one had not been asked of me so far.

D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    He tells me that they have just been informed (as a group) how many their central buyer is likely to be able to secure this year, and whilst he could not share the number, he reckons that their branch may get 2 or 3 only (that same branch also got 1 MN21 at launch). So it would seem that Tudor are making a deliberate effort to hold tight supply reins on this model.
    It also seems that now they ask for a deposit to show continued interest, even though one had not been asked of me so far.

D
    Are we slowly creeping towards the ‘How long on the waiting list for a Tudor’ threads?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Are we slowly creeping towards the ‘How long on the waiting list for a Tudor’ threads?
    Yes.

And JLC, and Blancpain, and Omega. I suspect.

Should have a '22 on my wrist in a few mins.

As hard as a Rolex to get it seems. I was the second on the list at a London AD.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes.

And JLC, and Blancpain, and Omega. I suspect.
    What’s happened with those brands?

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    We had the same thing with the GMT, now they are taking a hit pre owned as the crowd has moved on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What’s happened with those brands?
    Nothing specific. They just seem to likely to me to be the next brands that will be the victims of an over-heated market.

They are desirable, classic, and there is 'growth potential' in much of their current pricing.

Should have a '22 on my wrist in a few mins.

As hard as a Rolex to get it seems. I was the second on the list at a London AD.
    Nice one Wiley, I’ll be very interested to hear your thoughts on it, still no word on mine, I’m not actually feeling that confident, the AD I normally use don’t sell Tudor and the one I used to but my Tudors from has changed hands. So it seems I’m starting from scratch and the waiting list games look to be in full force?

Shame, because it’s a great looking watch from what I’ve seen and should suit a larger wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Nothing specific. They just seem to likely to me to be the next brands that will be the victims of an over-heated market.

They are desirable, classic, and there is 'growth potential' in much of their current pricing.
    The only BP I can see is the 50 fathoms and to be honest it looks way too thick side on. Apart from the type XXI which they seem to have ruined making it bloated in some and like a Steinhart in others much of their line up is far too conservative IMO. Omega are trying desperately but nobody is taking the bait.

Travel is picking up, shops are opening and even the internet is starting to view the whole “AD waitlist” as a bit of a joke. I think any brand trying it now has missed the boat.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We had the same thing with the GMT, now they are taking a hit pre owned as the crowd has moved on.
    It’s been used why a premium? It’s how it should be.

Blog Entries
    I think any brand trying it now has missed the boat.
    To be clear, it's not the brand (the company) that does anything in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    That was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    That was my point.

Master
    My thoughts exactly hence not in a rush to get one. Might even be under rrp for used one.

I could be completely wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I thought that in time these will be widely available, as in we are at the end of the initial trickle and in a years time they will be a common site in shop windows, just like the GMT and others.

Craftsman

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

I went into my Tudor AD today to ask. They wanted a deposit to get on their list for delivery in late 2023 on early 2024 They admitted that their annual allocation was only 2 watches!

I’ give up. Think I will stick with my poor-man’s version; Blue Scurfa D1 titanium on matching bracelet at about 10% of the cost.

Apprentice

D
    I got the same call today from FH. They were very polite but couldn’t give a timescale or even a guarantee I’d ever get one so I equally politely declined.

So I’ll add it to the short but growing list of watches I can’t buy. Plenty more fish in the sea but I am quietly starting to worry about where the watch industry is heading. Sod’s law it happens just when I get to the point in life I can more freely spend money on the damn things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    That was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my point.
    My bad, too much Vermouth and sherry…

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Nice one Wiley, I’ll be very interested to hear your thoughts on it, still no word on mine, I’m not actually feeling that confident, the AD I normally use don’t sell Tudor and the one I used to but my Tudors from has changed hands. So it seems I’m starting from scratch and the waiting list games look to be in full force?

Shame, because it’s a great looking watch from what I’ve seen and should suit a larger wrist.
    Haven't seen it properly in daylight yet as I collected it quite late, but so far I prefer the colour Vs the blue Pelagos I had before, but I'm not totally sold on the fixed lugs yet.

I like the rubber strap out of the two but will try and find something else when I can. Not having a date is a plus.

I bought this from a place I've only bought Tudors (and one Omega years ago). They stick to the list regardless of previous spend from what I can see, so there is hope.

^ Congrats. Looking forward to the photos. But, don't make it look too good - I'm having 2nd thoughts about not signing up (as you, the fixed lugs).

P.S. Shouldn't you really have posted this in the 2022 thread ! (o;

Haven't seen it properly in daylight yet as I collected it quite late, but so far I prefer the colour Vs the blue Pelagos I had before, but I'm not totally sold on the fixed lugs yet.

I like the rubber strap out of the two but will try and find something else when I can. Not having a date is a plus.

I bought this from a place I've only bought Tudors (and one Omega years ago). They stick to the list regardless of previous spend from what I can see, so there is hope.
    Im pretty convinced you’ll love it give the ‘fixed lugs’ a chance very quickly you will think yep i get it…limits strap choice but having bought 3 single pass natos and an MN Erikas I am back on the original Tudor Velcro jobbie which really suits the watch.

Now then get your UV torch out and charge that lume its amazing and you can save £££’s electricity by using it as a torch if you have to go for a pee in middle of the night ..

Enjoy and congratulations i think the passion for these great tool watches will only increase as time goes by…

For those concerned about the fixed bars, there are a range of leather straps available that just clip over the bars. I personally like the Rios 1931 Arizona.

So you need not be tied to NATOs and the like.

So literally the day after placing my deposit, my MN22 has arrived, I am off to get it tomorrow. Woohoo.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So literally the day after placing my deposit, my MN22 has arrived, I am off to get it tomorrow. Woohoo.
    Great news! I’m sure that you’ll love it

If you don’t bond, will take it off your hands.

Who was that with if you don't mind me asking?

Chisholm Hunter wanted 50% deposit from memory but didn't know if they'd get one this year. I declined that offer.

Happy to take the first one offered at list on the SC though

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That must have came as a surprise Dave I bet you are chuffed to bits, or will be when its your hot, sweaty hands.

I’m only an hour away if you dont like it. Lol.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Thanks gents. Mine is from Fraser Hart in Cribbs, Bristol, who also got me one of the very first BB GMTs.
    FH asked for 20%, yesterday, and Ben, I am afraid your wait will be quite long. Having examined Rob's MN21 at the last Redbar meet, I can confidently say this will not be leaving me soon.
    I will have to see whether it totally replaces my ETA Pelagos, but I doubt that.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Chisholm Hunter wanted 50% deposit from memory but didn't know if they'd get one this year. I declined that offer.
    That is loopy, I completely understand why you turned that down!
    I'm currently waiting on a pre order Seiko I paid in full, and have a deposit on a cwc (£50 deposit not £1k+ like the Tudor), but I will get the Seiko this spring and the cwc hopefully by the summer.

Cool watch for sure, but all this fannying around is tedious

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Anyone know how the MN wears compared to the original pelagos?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk