closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Childhood photos that bring back memories

Hybrid View

This was taken on the Jos Plateau in central Nigeria on the way from Zaria to Yankari Game reserve, around 1974. I absolutely loved climbing (still do) and really enjoyed clambering up the many inselbergs on the route. Nigeria was incredibly safe for kids in the '70s so my brother and I enjoyed a lot of freedom to explore, heading off on our bicycles at every opportunity. My mother would have a heart attack if she knew half of the stuff that we got up to.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

You'd be forgiven for mistaking me for a fashion icon in my youth.

I had an amazing relationship with my sister (who's three years older than me), and we've sustained that to this day. We have dinner together once a week without fail, go on holidays (with Bea) together, and generally look out for each other.

Lovely thread Tony.

I inherited the family 35mm slide album some years ago and had them digitised, I look at it some times with sad nostalgia, my parents young and happy me and my sister having a great childhood, so carefree, this one stands out though, mid to late 1970s I would guess, I distinctly remember getting the set, my Dad was a air traffic controller in the RAF so this had that connection for his control tower, certainly were simpler times, I look at the vast Lego sets my kids have and they always want more, I was more than happy with this set.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Christmas 1964, I absolutely loved that car.

Craftsman
    Me and my little brother in the late 80's. Snaggles (the Mirror Dingy) is now in my garage with all of the paint stripped off. I'm restoring her to teach my boys, who are a similar age to that photo to sail.

Me - Churchill had just become Prime Minister for the second time!! Everyone thought I was a beautiful child and I cannot disagree :)

http://Untitled by meffiah, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    This was taken on the Jos Plateau in central Nigeria on the way from Zaria to Yankari Game reserve, around 1974. I absolutely loved climbing (still do) and really enjoyed clambering up the many inselbergs on the route. Nigeria was incredibly safe for kids in the '70s so my brother and I enjoyed a lot of freedom to explore, heading off on our bicycles at every opportunity. My mother would have a heart attack if she knew half of the stuff that we got up to.

That is a little bizarre....I have photos of me on the same plateau...just a few years earlier!!
    We lived in Kaduna and Jos.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    That is a little bizarre....I have photos of me on the same plateau...just a few years earlier!!
    We lived in Kaduna and Jos.
    Small world! My brother and I still occasionally drop into Pidgin (usually after a few beers).

That photograph must have been taken on a rare occasion that I didn't have a plaster on my knee.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

My first Lego 1984 :)

Never had an issue with gender fluidity, personally.

Master
    Taken by me on a box brownie at our house just outside Kuala Lumpur in 1958. My father was seconded from the RAF to head up Engineering Branch in the newly formed Royal Malaysian Air Force, and treated himself to this brand new Plymouth Belvedere. He subsequently brought it back to the UK, and our next stop was RAF Church Fenton in Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    My first Lego 1984 :)

Your Nan looks more excited!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Your Nan looks more excited!
    She surely does :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Small world! My brother and I still occasionally drop into Pidgin (usually after a few beers).

That photograph must have been taken on a rare occasion that I didn't have a plaster on my knee.
    It is a small world. We lived on the Plateau. I will have to dig the photo out.

Anyway, taken in the the garden in Jos 1968. I am trouble in the middle. I loved that shirt

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk