timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ming Releases

Master

New Ming Releases

For anyone interested

37.05 and 20.01

The 20.01 is priced at chf 35k! Gotta have some large cojones to be spending that, it’s AP/VC/Patek territory

The 20.01 does look sensational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    It does! But for that price I’d like to take a look before committing to it!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post

The first Ming I’ve seen that doesn’t look like an ugly collaboration between Braun and Ikea made for the middle aisle of Aldi. It’s actually quite appealing but I can probably think of hundreds of other watches I’d prefer at that price.

That looks more like a Chr. Ward than a VC or Patek to me and I certainly wouldn’t part with 35k for it. Some will though I am sure.

Watches look nothing short of sensational IMO but I would be interested to see how the 35k one sells.
    Regardless, very nice looking watches for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Watches look nothing short of sensational IMO but I would be interested to see how the 35k one sells.
    Regardless, very nice looking watches for sure.
    one idiot of 50 right here for the chronograph.....

Rationale - I've been a supporter of Ming from day 1 and was called mad for buying a 1901, and that is my favourite watch. Period. Nothing out there like the chrono IMO and one of my favourite movements ever. The mosaic effect works a lot better here than previously as well so this is even improved plus all the layering and detailing makes this a lovely watch.

Some collection restructuring now needed.......

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    That looks more like a Chr. Ward than a VC or Patek to me and I certainly wouldn’t part with 35k for it. Some will though I am sure.

It does not look like a VC or Patek because it was designed to look like a Ming. Do not quite see the resemblance with a Christopher Ward either...

Their basic models such as 17.09 (including those Massena Lab ones) retailed for around £1500 (pre local tax etc). They look equally amazing but priced that way due to the cheaper movement / simpler design used.

The 20.01 uses an AgenGraphe movement from Agenhor - it's one of the most impressive Chrono movements by any manufacturer today. The multi-layer mosaic / Clous-de-Paris dial was also designed and made just for this watch (50 of them). I'd argue the £28000 or so price tag is very well justified but each to their own of course.

Early MB&F & Journe collectors were also called mad / stupid - why would anyone pay £20 or 30k for anything other than a Rolex / Patek / AP? Obv not arguing that Ming's on the same level as those too - but great to see some truly independent watchmaking nowadays.

Their basic models such as 17.09 (including those Massena Lab ones) retailed for around £1500 (pre local tax etc). They look equally amazing but priced that way due to the cheaper movement / simpler design used.
    $2880, or around £2097.14 pre duty/tax/whatever.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 24th November 2021 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    $2900, or around £2200 pre duty/tax/whatever.
    I paid CHF 1950 each for my two 17.09s. Maybe the Massena Lab ones were more expensive (apologies)

I paid CHF 1950 each for my two 17.09s. Maybe the Massena Lab ones were more expensive (apologies)

17.09 bros!

New Ming Releases

It does not look like a VC or Patek because it was designed to look like a Ming. Do not quite see the resemblance with a Christopher Ward either...

The 20.01 uses an AgenGraphe movement from Agenhor - it's one of the most impressive Chrono movements by any manufacturer today. The multi-layer mosaic / Clous-de-Paris dial was also designed and made just for this watch (50 of them). I'd argue the £28000 or so price tag is very well justified but each to their own of course.

Early MB&F & Journe collectors were also called mad / stupid - why would anyone pay £20 or 30k for anything other than a Rolex / Patek / AP? Obv not arguing that Ming's on the same level as those too - but great to see some truly independent watchmaking nowadays.
    No need for the history lesson, I’m familiar with them.
    I just don’t like the look of this one. The VC Patek comparison was due to an earlier comment in this thread.
    If you’re happy putting down 35k for it then I hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    No need for the history lesson, I’m familiar with them.
    I just don’t like the look of this one. The VC Patek comparison was due to an earlier comment in this thread.
    If you’re happy putting down 35k for it then I hope you enjoy it.

Didn't mean any offense and was not questioning your familiarity with Ming - apologies if it came across that way. However as they are not as popular as the big brands, and that not everyone here's equally familiar with them, I think the information I provided were not out of line.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

Rationale - I've been a supporter of Ming from day 1 and was called mad for buying a 1901, and that is my favourite watch. Period. Nothing out there like the chrono IMO and one of my favourite movements ever. The mosaic effect works a lot better here than previously as well so this is even improved plus all the layering and detailing makes this a lovely watch.

Well done 👍

I am gobsmacked. My favourite implementation of this movement and surely one of the best new releases of the year. Extraordinary value for money too. With pp on the dial this would be the wrong side of 200k.

Master
    As per my original comment, takes some big guts for that and kudos to you!

I definitely like the fact that they are pushing the boundaries and making themselves known in the haute horlogerie world

Would love to see some actual pictures when you receive yours

Fantastic. Very impressed.

That 20.01 is beautiful, I didn’t realise it was being launched along with the 37.05. I can’t find a link to it on the Ming website?

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    As per my original comment, takes some big guts for that and kudos to you!

I definitely like the fact that they are pushing the boundaries and making themselves known in the haute horlogerie world

Would love to see some actual pictures when you receive yours
    A lot of it is belief in Ming's vision - just seeing how they've evolved is amazing. I remember someone on social media saying a year or so back we're not far from a 100k Ming, that seems less ludicrous now!

Fantastic. Very impressed.
    More I see pictures, the more impressed I am. Can't wait to strap it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    That 20.01 is beautiful, I didn’t realise it was being launched along with the 37.05. I can’t find a link to it on the Ming website?

You had to sign up to their 'Special Cave Project' emails to be eligible. I think a proper unveiling at some point later this week. Somewhat overshadowed the 37.05! One note on the 37.05 - really mature case work, I want to see that in the flesh.

That Hublot money was burning a hole in your pocket ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That Hublot money was burning a hole in your pocket ;)
    Lol! Well I was looking for a marquee chrono and the hublot were not that!

Master
    A lot of it is belief in Ming's vision - just seeing how they've evolved is amazing. I remember someone on social media saying a year or so back we're not far from a 100k Ming, that seems less ludicrous now!

More I see pictures, the more impressed I am. Can't wait to strap it on!

You had to sign up to their 'Special Cave Project' emails to be eligible. I think a proper unveiling at some point later this week. Somewhat overshadowed the 37.05! One note on the 37.05 - really mature case work, I want to see that in the flesh.
    The Bitcoin of the Watch world!! :0)

You had to sign up to their 'Special Cave Project' emails to be eligible.
    Thanks, makes sense thought I’d been added to the naughty list

And you think buying from Timefactors is difficult? I hit the button at 1300hrs on the dot, 1 second later sold out.

And you think buying from Timefactors is difficult? I hit the button at 1300hrs on the dot, 1 second later sold out.
    Crikey - lots of existing Ming buyers, but i think this is a factor of the new hold system which at least is less brutal than before.

Crikey - lots of existing Ming buyers, but i think this is a factor of the new hold system which at least is less brutal than before.
    I'm sure as a buyer of the other new release you could do a brother a favour with Ming?!?

I'm sure as a buyer of the other new release you could do a brother a favour with Ming?!?
    I should have asked for a 3705 to be thrown in for free

I am not sure how quick they'll go tomorrow - a quick look on IG has little response, so a lukewarm reaction... feels like a release that existing owners will appreciate more?

They were all on hold in carts:

CHANGES TO ORDERING SYSTEM

Starting with the MING 37.05 launch - we will be moving to a new, ordering system that was designed and developed based on customer feedback and with the intent of improving the purchasing experience.
    The biggest addition with the new system is the ability to implement cart holds. Using the existing owner's batch of 150x 37.05s on 25 Nov as an example:

• The first 150 customers to click the 'Add to Cart' button will have a watch provisionally reserved for 5 minutes to allow them to complete payment.
    • For these 5 minutes, no one else can add watches to cart or attempt to order.
    • The 151st customer and anyone after who clicks the 'Add to Cart' button will be shown a 'Sold Out' page.
    • If, after 5 minutes, an order is not completed, the system will then release the watch(es) back into stock and it will be available for order again. So please be sure to check back in again after a few minutes.
    • Should you have a watch secured and you are in the midst of checking out, please do not close the window, refresh the browser or press the back button.
    • If the watch is actually sold out, we will deactivate the order link/ button. If the link/ button remains active, this means that watches are in cart hold and may become available in a few minutes.

I am not sure how quick they'll go tomorrow - a quick look on IG has little response, so a lukewarm reaction... feels like a release that existing owners will appreciate more?
    I'll give it a go tomorrow, now I know how this new system looks, hopefully give me an advantage!

It would be a pity if the chrono is not received well.
    A big, brave step from Ming. Hope it sells out. To those who are going to appreciate and keep it.

I wish Eddie had Cart Hold for 5mins!

It would be a pity if the chrono is not received well.
    A big, brave step from Ming. Hope it sells out. To those who are going to appreciate and keep it.
    More the 37.05 - in general the chrono has been better received, obviously price has a factor in that!

Master
    Wow, Bravo! Although I'm on the mailing list I'm not an existing customer so didn't see the chronograph. Haute horology meets mission timer!

Master
    Also think the 20.01 looks fantastic.

Well that was an experience...

Instantly all unavailable but after refreshing for a couple of mins I got one in the cart!

Of course, the payment was declined, it needed authorised. No worries, I'll just authorise it and go again.

Except... it empties the cart if payment is declined.

Refreshing like a demon resumed again and I got another in the cart. No authorisation needed second time, and BOOM, I got one! Of course, getting in the second batch means a longer wait but I can cope.

Instantly all unavailable but after refreshing for a couple of mins I got one in the cart!

Of course, the payment was declined, it needed authorised. No worries, I'll just authorise it and go again.

Refreshing like a demon resumed again and I got another in the cart. No authorisation needed second time, and BOOM, I got one! Of course, getting in the second batch means a longer wait but I can cope.
    Congrats!

The part on the cart emptying if a declined payment is interesting, but makes sense. Congrats on getting one though - i'm thinking the delivery times will be a lot better now they're expecting the demand more.

Question

The part on the cart emptying if a declined payment is interesting, but makes sense. Congrats on getting one though - i'm thinking the delivery times will be a lot better now they're expecting the demand more.
    If I'd know it worked that way yesterday I've have persisted a bit more with the refreshing. All things considered, I think I prefer the system Eddie has. I don't like how the Ming watches instantly showed as unavailable yet it was possible to capitalise on someone else's misfortune over a simple authorisation check.

On delivery, I reckon I'm probably on the tail-end of the orders, I'm not expecting it before September.

If I'd know it worked that way yesterday I've have persisted a bit more with the refreshing. All things considered, I think I prefer the system Eddie has. I don't like how the Ming watches instantly showed as unavailable yet it was possible to capitalise on someone else's misfortune over a simple authorisation check.

On delivery, I reckon I'm probably on the tail-end of the orders, I'm not expecting it before September.
    Yea it seems weirdly more fair in the older system.

Journeyman

I had a similar experience and just managed to get a piece after approving two different credit cards, finally after my third attempt it went through.

I'd nearly given up as it was nearly 13:30 by the time this had all happened!

However this is my first Ming item and I'm super excited =)

Olloydy

Quote Originally Posted by Olloydy View Post
    I had a similar experience and just managed to get a piece after approving two different credit cards, finally after my third attempt it went through.

I'd nearly given up as it was nearly 13:30 by the time this had all happened!

However this is my first Ming item and I'm super excited =)

Olloydy
    Bloody hell, maybe I won't be as far down the list as I thought! My confirmation email came through at 1307hrs.

The lumed shot very much reminds me of a swatch watch my son used to wear!

Journeyman
    Bloody hell, maybe I won't be as far down the list as I thought! My confirmation email came through at 1307hrs.
    My payment authorisation email came through at 13:40 just to advise!

Is this your first Ming purchase?

Olloydy

My payment authorisation email came through at 13:40 just to advise!

Is this your first Ming purchase?

Olloydy
    Yes and no... first direct from Ming, I have the Massena Lab 17.09, purchased new from Massena.

Only heard of these after two popped up on a local classified site.

Not my cup of tea, to be honest.

Journeyman
    Yes and no... first direct from Ming, I have the Massena Lab 17.09, purchased new from Massena.
    I also attempted to get the Honey version of the Massena lab when it was launched however I missed out on this one.

I do remember a rather large nightmare of a launch for this version =)

Which version do you have?

Olloydy

I also attempted to get the Honey version of the Massena lab when it was launched however I missed out on this one.

I do remember a rather large nightmare of a launch for this version =)

Which version do you have?

Olloydy
    The honey. Well, I say I have it, Schwarz Etienne has it.

Journeyman
    The honey was the one I wanted to purchase if I was allowed!

How come it's with Schwarz Etienne?

Olloydy

The honey was the one I wanted to purchase if I was allowed!

How come it's with Schwarz Etienne?

Olloydy
    It developed the dreaded wandering hour hand so went back for an upgrade. Annoyingly they emailed me on 4th November saying it had been done and would soon be shipped back.

It developed the dreaded wandering hour hand so went back for an upgrade. Annoyingly they emailed me on 4th November saying it had been done and would soon be shipped back.
    Doh, thats been a while! Hopefully it winds its way back to you ASAP.

I just saw Hodinkee have a few thoughts on the chrono which some may want to read - https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...-projects-cave

Craftsman
    There's always the next Phillips auction. One went for near on £20k recently. Pretty crazy results all round though.